hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1204 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 20470411041154119412021203120412051206121412541304 ... LastLast
Results 36,091 to 36,120 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [/QUOTE=silverhibee;4939972]Do the press/media not have the balls to ask the obvious questions from that statement.
    The muppets on FF don't like this contribution from Bill Leckie:

Another Jhourno taking a pot shot, this time its us the fans that are the target. He names King in the same breath as Whyte and Green. Not fit for purpose.

Hatchet job by Leckie

YOUR fully-fledged, true blue Rangers fan is amongst the most unshakeably loyal creatures on earth.

It’s just a pity that loyalty is as blind as Stevie Wonder with a lead-lined paper bag on his head

Rangers fans
    They’re like the guy whose mates tell him from day one of a relationship that she’s no good, she’s a gold-digger, she’s putting it about behind his back, but he would rather square go the lot of them than admit he’s besotted with a wrong ‘un.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

Then one day it all falls apart, she disappears with his brother and he’s left sitting on the floor of a living room with no furniture, the credit card company battering at his door and an unbearable itch in his pants.

Again.

Not that I’m suggesting this latest messy Ibrox break-up is all the fault of those fans. Course it isn’t.

All I’m saying is that by forever being more desperate to give two fingers to the outside world than they are to point one at the glaring issues within their own walls, they’ve enabled those in charge to screw them over for the umpteenth time.

Personally, I don’t give a toss whether Dave King and his goons succeed, fail or float forever on a beige cloud of mediocrity.

I don’t care whether Mark Warburton had a magic hat or exploding underpants.

But I do care about football fans — no matter who they support and even despite how unpleasantly that support too often manifests itself — having their lifelong devotion used against them as a means of silencing any form of protest.

At Charlton Athletic, Blackburn Rovers, Coventry City and Blackpool, punters have had enough of this passive-aggression torture.

They’ve had enough of financing rank-rotten regimes. So they stay away. They ask rival fans to stay away. They use the media to raise awareness of just how bad their exiled, don’t-give-a-damn owners are, not just for their own clubs, but for the game itself.

But your Rangers fan? He just rings up a phone-in and shouts about history and culture and 54 titles and how WeArraPeepel.

He creates a caricature of himself and turns a serious problem at an endangered sporting institution into a national joke.

In truth, I tired long ago of writing about all this, because it got a bit like shouting up to a guy on the tenth floor of a blazing building that he needs to get the hell out and him shouting back:

“DON’T TELL ME THIS BUILDING’S BURNING! YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT THIS BUILDING, THIS IS OUR BUILDING, IT’S A HISTORIC BUILDING AND YOU’LL NEVER BE FIT TO BURN IN IT!”

What can you do about an attitude like that? Knowing even if they escape and the building isn’t too badly damaged, they’ll be too proud to get the smoke detectors checked so the place doesn’t catch fire again?

They got burned under David Murray, they got burned under Craig Whyte, they got burned under Charles Green and now they’re getting burned under King.

They refused to see the smoke signals until it was too late when Ally McCoist was in charge and they refused to see them when Warburton was plainly toiling.

Who knows, maybe they go back to their boozers and tear his signing policies to bits, maybe they go home and kick Albertz the dog up and down the garden, but — and here’s the crux — what those in charge can always rely on is that they’ll always come back and they’ll always stump up their cash and they’ll always, always sing No Surrender so the world knows there’s nothing to see here, please disperse.

Except the world DOES know something’s wrong, very wrong. The world can see that without the amazing numbers who kept turning up in League Two, League One and The Ramsdens Cup and who now still turn up despite seeing their greatest rivals disappear over the horizon on a golden team bus, Rangers would be nothing. Dead. Gone.

The money handed over by those ever-loyal hordes allowed Whyte, Green and McCoist to make an almighty rick of getting back up through the divisions and it has allowed King and Warburton to put together a gang of overpaid, overvalued, underachieving mercenaries in the top flight.

See the link there, Bluenoses? Without your money, your £800,000 at the gate every other Saturday plus pies and programmes and whatever else — even with the THREAT of those fortunes drying up — none of these imposters could have operated.

If only you knew the power you had. It’s greater than just about any other major club, because if Man U or Liverpool or Arsenal fans stayed away they’d still have their £100million a skull from Sky and they could market themselves up new pretendy fans.

But you don’t get it. You think strength comes from roaring defiance at everyone outside Govan, from constantly reminding everyone Whit Ye Ur and what you stand for.

Well all I can say is, how you stand for the mess that club has become is way beyond most of us

I mean, Barton? Senderos? Hill? Kiernan? Kranjcar? Who’s kidding who? Between them, they’ll have soaked up the first 4,000 admission fees every week.

That money was meant to get Rangers off their knees, give them a future, not to build a time machine back to the era of idiotic spending that brought them down in the first place.

Truth is, with a squad full of guys who have no re-sale value and whose best years are long behind them, Rangers have turned back into everything they were under David Murray, except a Poundland version.

And if anyone is daft enough to argue the toss about that, think on this.

Moussa Dembele cost Celtic £500,000, has scored 26 goals in 40 and is now valued at £40million, a fortune they can afford to turn down.

Joe Garner cost £1.8million, has three in 15 and might make the next gaffer £500,000 back if he cuts his losses.

That’s it. That’s the story, right there. Forget all your boardroom politics and management double-talk, that’s the bottom line.
    [/QUOTE]

' The world can see that without the amazing numbers who kept turning up in League Two, League One and The Ramsdens Cup and who now still turn up despite seeing their greatest rivals disappear over the horizon on a golden team bus, Rangers would be nothing. Dead. Gone'

The 'amazing numbers' are due to the fact that your average Hun isn't bright enough to understand it was through cheating under Murray that they were 'successful' and imagined that when they got to the SPL they had a serious chance of winning it !. Watch their crowds next season when they go this one trophyless !

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    And Leckie is a hardcore Hun tae boot. The 'jhourno' patter doesn't hold water.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    [/QUOTE=silverhibee;4939972]Do the press/media not have the balls to ask the obvious questions from that statement.

Another Jhourno taking a pot shot, this time its us the fans that are the target. He names King in the same breath as Whyte and Green. Not fit for purpose.

Hatchet job by Leckie

YOUR fully-fledged, true blue Rangers fan is amongst the most unshakeably loyal creatures on earth.

It’s just a pity that loyalty is as blind as Stevie Wonder with a lead-lined paper bag on his head

Rangers fans
    They’re like the guy whose mates tell him from day one of a relationship that she’s no good, she’s a gold-digger, she’s putting it about behind his back, but he would rather square go the lot of them than admit he’s besotted with a wrong ‘un.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

Then one day it all falls apart, she disappears with his brother and he’s left sitting on the floor of a living room with no furniture, the credit card company battering at his door and an unbearable itch in his pants.

Again.

Not that I’m suggesting this latest messy Ibrox break-up is all the fault of those fans. Course it isn’t.

All I’m saying is that by forever being more desperate to give two fingers to the outside world than they are to point one at the glaring issues within their own walls, they’ve enabled those in charge to screw them over for the umpteenth time.

Personally, I don’t give a toss whether Dave King and his goons succeed, fail or float forever on a beige cloud of mediocrity.

But I do care about football fans — no matter who they support and even despite how unpleasantly that support too often manifests itself — having their lifelong devotion used against them as a means of silencing any form of protest.

At Charlton Athletic, Blackburn Rovers, Coventry City and Blackpool, punters have had enough of this passive-aggression torture.

They’ve had enough of financing rank-rotten regimes. So they stay away. They ask rival fans to stay away. They use the media to raise awareness of just how bad their exiled, don’t-give-a-damn owners are, not just for their own clubs, but for the game itself.

But your Rangers fan? He just rings up a phone-in and shouts about history and culture and 54 titles and how WeArraPeepel.

He creates a caricature of himself and turns a serious problem at an endangered sporting institution into a national joke.

In truth, I tired long ago of writing about all this, because it got a bit like shouting up to a guy on the tenth floor of a blazing building that he needs to get the hell out and him shouting back:

“DON’T TELL ME THIS BUILDING’S BURNING! YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT THIS BUILDING, THIS IS OUR BUILDING, IT’S A HISTORIC BUILDING AND YOU’LL NEVER BE FIT TO BURN IN IT!”

What can you do about an attitude like that? Knowing even if they escape and the building isn’t too badly damaged, they’ll be too proud to get the smoke detectors checked so the place doesn’t catch fire again?

They got burned under David Murray, they got burned under Craig Whyte, they got burned under Charles Green and now they’re getting burned under King.

They refused to see the smoke signals until it was too late when Ally McCoist was in charge and they refused to see them when Warburton was plainly toiling.

Who knows, maybe they go back to their boozers and tear his signing policies to bits, maybe they go home and kick Albertz the dog up and down the garden, but — and here’s the crux — what those in charge can always rely on is that they’ll always come back and they’ll always stump up their cash and they’ll always, always sing No Surrender so the world knows there’s nothing to see here, please disperse.

Except the world DOES know something’s wrong, very wrong. The world can see that without the amazing numbers who kept turning up in League Two, League One and The Ramsdens Cup and who now still turn up despite seeing their greatest rivals disappear over the horizon on a golden team bus, Rangers would be nothing. Dead. Gone.

The money handed over by those ever-loyal hordes allowed Whyte, Green and McCoist to make an almighty rick of getting back up through the divisions and it has allowed King and Warburton to put together a gang of overpaid, overvalued, underachieving mercenaries in the top flight.

See the link there, Bluenoses? Without your money, your £800,000 at the gate every other Saturday plus pies and programmes and whatever else — even with the THREAT of those fortunes drying up — none of these imposters could have operated.

If only you knew the power you had. It’s greater than just about any other major club, because if Man U or Liverpool or Arsenal fans stayed away they’d still have their £100million a skull from Sky and they could market themselves up new pretendy fans.

But you don’t get it. You think strength comes from roaring defiance at everyone outside Govan, from constantly reminding everyone Whit Ye Ur and what you stand for.

Well all I can say is, how you stand for the mess that club has become is way beyond most of us

I mean, Barton? Senderos? Hill? Kiernan? Kranjcar? Who’s kidding who? Between them, they’ll have soaked up the first 4,000 admission fees every week.

That money was meant to get Rangers off their knees, give them a future, not to build a time machine back to the era of idiotic spending that brought them down in the first place.

Truth is, with a squad full of guys who have no re-sale value and whose best years are long behind them, Rangers have turned back into everything they were under David Murray, except a Poundland version.

Moussa Dembele cost Celtic £500,000, has scored 26 goals in 40 and is now valued at £40million, a fortune they can afford to turn down.

Joe Garner cost £1.8million, has three in 15 and might make the next gaffer £500,000 back if he cuts his losses.

That’s it. That’s the story, right there. Forget all your boardroom politics and management double-talk, that’s the bottom line.
    [/QUOTE]

Good piece from BL, about time the press started calling out the big yins in the big hoose.

No sympathy for there fans though, they deserve all the s**t as well.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    That's a great piece from Leckie. I'd forgotten about Kranjcar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    And Leckie is a hardcore Hun tae boot.
    He's no hun. He supports St Mirren, and not in a 'pretendy Chick Dung' way.

The piece is very mild compared to what he could have written but that's in his personality (he's OK, but there's more than a bit of 'I'm everybody's mate' about him) and also in the editorial direction (don't annoy the hun too much).

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post

The piece is very mild compared to what he could have written but that's in his personality (he's OK, but there's more than a bit of 'I'm everybody's mate' about him) and also in the editorial direction (don't annoy the hun too much).
    He's probably right not to 'upset' them too much, he will get enough sh*t from them for what he has written

Blog Entries
    Bill Leckie has been a fine journalist for a long time. I also think Kenny Millar does a decent job but unfortunately i can't ever bring myself to buy the Sun. Would be nice if they both got proper recognition at a proper paper, not that im sure what that looks like nowadays.

Plan is obviously to put someone cheap in until the end of the season and try sell the season tickets based on made up stories about top European managers arriving in the summer before appointing a cheap real Rangers man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John geechan in the mail is usually very subtly digging at sevco. More about the way they handle things that the financial side. I get papers free at work so usually read the football editorials and in fairness most aren't afraid to challenge what king is doing. It's only with change at the sfa will they be held to account and we know that's not going to happen. Sevco make Hertz look like a superbly run operation.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Plan is obviously to put someone cheap in until the end of the season and try sell the season tickets based on made up stories about top European managers arriving in the summer before appointing a cheap real Rangers man.

This will be the same Frank de Boer who isn't working at the moment and the headline is based on his brother saying he won't decide his future until nearer the end of the season. Record journalism at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This will be the same Frank de Boer who isn't working at the moment and the headline is based on his brother saying he won't decide his future until nearer the end of the season. Record journalism at its best.
    And probably thinks Scotland is a tax haven.

First Team Breakthrough

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post

Hatchet job by Leckie

Rangers fans

Again.

' The world can see that without the amazing numbers who kept turning up in League Two, League One and The Ramsdens Cup and who now still turn up despite seeing their greatest rivals disappear over the horizon on a golden team bus, Rangers would be nothing. Dead. Gone'

The 'amazing numbers' are due to the fact that your average Hun isn't bright enough to understand it was through cheating under Murray that they were 'successful' and imagined that when they got to the SPL they had a serious chance of winning it !. Watch their crowds next season when they go this one trophyless ![/QUOTE]

I remember being in ibrox with 11000 there there fans will disappear when the trophies do

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    John geechan in the mail is usually very subtly digging at sevco. More about the way they handle things that the financial side. I get papers free at work so usually read the football editorials and in fairness most aren't afraid to challenge what king is doing. It's only with change at the sfa will they be held to account and we know that's not going to happen. Sevco make Hertz look like a superbly run operation.
    As much as I ****ing HATE Hearts, I feel they handled their Admin and financial strife with a lot more dignity than Der Hun and we can see that on the park with lack of ability compared to pre Admin. The Rangers just don't seem to have learned their lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Bill Leckie has been a fine journalist for a long time. I also think Kenny Millar does a decent job but unfortunately i can't ever bring myself to buy the Sun. Would be nice if they both got proper recognition at a proper paper, not that im sure what that looks like nowadays.
    Even more so with Kenny Millar being a diehard Hibby!! I know his dad from years ago, the family hail from Campbeltown.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post

He is indeed a proper Buddie.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    He is indeed a proper Buddie.
    I went to high school with Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I went to high school with Bill
    He's a good writer and I think he tells things from a true supporter's perspective.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    And probably thinks Scotland is a tax haven.

Indeed.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    As much as I ****ing HATE Hearts, I feel they handled their Admin and financial strife with a lot more dignity than Der Hun and we can see that on the park with lack of ability compared to pre Admin. The Rangers just don't seem to have learned their lesson.
    There is no dignity in ripping people off for millions of quid. They stole, they cheated and benefitted from the cheats charter of administration and **** knows what kind of corrupt deals were done in Lithuania to keep thei ****hole of a stadium.

Many things down Gorgie way but dignity isn't one of them.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    There is no dignity in ripping people off for millions of quid. They stole, they cheated and benefitted from the cheats charter of administration and **** knows what kind of corrupt deals were done in Lithuania to keep thei ****hole of a stadium.

This...100%

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

Yep, you've only got to look at their absolute indifference to the actions that caused their downfall and not a backwards glance to their victims as they celebrate their tainted cup wins.

Only difference is the now defunct Glasgow rangers couldn't find a way to fiddle the numbers and avoid liquidation but their Edinburgh based cousins did. So to that extent the Yams cheated for longer than the new boys.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

DIGNITY, well that's one word I would never associate with that lot

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Fairer to say that the huns managed their liquidation with even less dignity than hearts handled their administration, and that overall there was very little dignity or contrition in either place, and certainly no shame from either regarding the tainted trophies won as a consequence of their cheating.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Yep, you've only got to look at their absolute indifference to the actions that caused their downfall and not a backwards glance to their victims as they celebrate their tainted cup wins.

Only difference is the now defunct Glasgow rangers couldn't find a way to fiddle the numbers and avoid liquidation but their Edinburgh based cousins did. So to that extent the Yams cheated for longer than the new boys.
    The difference was that the Huns were unable to get a CVA because HMRC were their major creditor and were determined to take a hard line. With the Yams, the major creditor was effectively the Lithuanian Government. As Spike has alluded to, it remains a mystery how they were persuaded to write off 10s of millions and accept a pay-out that, even on a prudent estimate, was worth circa 10% of the value of the real estate asset. It is also notable that, while the Sevco saga is endlesly raked over, the great Tynecastle heist was immediately forgotten about: there must be a story there but, at the end of the day, the only real victims were the Lithuanian taxpayers...

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    The difference was that the Huns were unable to get a CVA because HMRC were their major creditor and were determined to take a hard line. With the Yams, the major creditor was effectively the Lithuanian Government. As Spike has alluded to, it remains a mystery how they were persuaded to write off 10s of millions and accept a pay-out that, even on a prudent estimate, was worth circa 10% of the value of the real estate asset. It is also notable that, while the Sevco saga is endlesly raked over, the great Tynecastle heist was immediately forgotten about: there must be a story there but, at the end of the day, the only real victims were the Lithuanian taxpayers...

The Yam main creditor was the Ukio Bankas, a " connected creditor " whose vote should not have counted in the non-connected creditor CVA vote.

HMRC voted against the CVA and their vote should have consigned the Yams to the same fate as their Weegie cousins.

But, somehow, their administrators, BDO, forgot to have a non-connected creditor vote.

And BDO are the administrators accusing Duff and Phelps of dodgy dealing.

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    And UK taxpayers and Edinburgh residents who pay their council tax and the NHS and charities and local businesses and individuals who were all bumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    And UK taxpayers and Edinburgh residents who pay their council tax and the NHS and charities and local businesses and individuals who were all bumped.
    Plus a special mention for Heriot Watt's generosity with someone elses money, had they not been so amenable as to neither pursue unpaid rent (which eventually was allowed to reach £145,655) or kick them out for non payment who knows what might have been discovered earlier?

Almost as accommodating as your city council over business rates. Makes you wonder.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Plus a special mention for Heriot Watt's generosity with someone elses money, had they not been so amenable as to neither pursue unpaid rent (which eventually was allowed to reach £145,655) or kick them out for non payment who knows what might have been discovered earlier?

Almost as accommodating as your city council over business rates. Makes you wonder.
    And our Council continues to accommodate them.

Hearts have demolished two council properties behind their asbestos stand and are starting the foundation work for the new stand on the ground , never mind that the ground has not yet been bought by Hearts.

Seems they are still haggling over the price although they've been offered it at a value about 1/10th of what had been agreed with Vlad back in 2008.

Our Council must have so much cash to spare they can give away our assets.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Hearts have demolished two council properties behind their asbestos stand and are starting the foundation work for the new stand on the ground , never mind that the ground has not yet been bought by Hearts.

Seems they are still haggling over the price although they've been offered it at a value about 1/10th of what had been agreed with Vlad back in 2008.

Sometimes you get what you vote for

As an observer, over the years it does appear that the relationship between the two organisations shows more and more disregard for everyone else because they've got used to not being exposed. What a waste of council tax payers assets

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Have you raised this with someone with a Parliamentary position?