hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1199 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 19969910991149118911971198119912001201120912491299 ... LastLast
Results 35,941 to 35,970 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeez, where do I fit in as a lapsed protestant, now atheist whose had family in "the lodge" - never been a kafflik, who just doesn't like the type of bigot that follows the rangers?
    I'm in that group too. I think we're the treacherous, turncoat b******s that they hate the most.

Bafflement and indifference on our part winds them up more than the outright hatred they get from the other side, which is a language they understand and can relate to.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    It would increase competition within Scotland but destroy quality and every other league in Europe would leave us in the dark ages.
    I've genuinely never understood that argumemt. Why would we as Hibs fans or as Scottish football fans care what the quality was like elsewhere? Why would anyone care what anyone in Europe thinks of the standard of our football?

Does anyone really lay awake at night worrying about that? FWIW i suspect the people of Belgium, Holland, Portugal, Estonia, and Latvia think about our league about as much as I do about theirs - ie they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    I've genuinely never understood that argumemt. Why would we as Hibs fans or as Scottish football fans care what the quality was like elsewhere? Why would anyone care what anyone in Europe thinks of the standard of our football?

Does anyone really lay awake at night worrying about that? FWIW i suspect the people of Belgium, Holland, Portugal, Estonia, and Latvia think about our league about as much as I do about theirs - ie they don't.
    Agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    BDO sue Rangers administrators Duff and Phelps for £ 28.9 million for mishandling their insolvency management.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1...million_claim/

This will be the same BDO who mishandled the Hearts insolvency by omitting to have an un-connected creditor vote at the CVA meeting and accepted a pittance for the HOMFC assets by selling them to Mrs Budge.

You couldn't make it up !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    BDO sue Rangers administrators Duff and Phelps for £ 28.9 million for mishandling their insolvency management.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1...million_claim/

This will be the same BDO who mishandled the Hearts insolvency by omitting to have an un-connected creditor vote at the CVA meeting and accepted a pittance for the HOMFC assets by selling them to Mrs Budge.

You couldn't make it up !

You and I saw this coming though.

Farce.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Jeez, where do I fit in as a lapsed protestant, now atheist whose had family in "the lodge" - never been a kafflik, who just doesn't like the type of bigot that follows the rangers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I'm in that group too. I think we're the treacherous, turncoat b******s that they hate the most.

Bafflement and indifference on our part winds them up more than the outright hatred they get from the other side, which is a language they understand and can relate to.
    Lundys!!

They do seem to have a bizarre notion that every Scottish Protestant has a Rangers connection somewhere, as does every Catholic to Celtic. Weird people who wouldn't recognise a Bible if they saw one.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Lundys!!

They do seem to have a bizarre notion that every Scottish Protestant has a Rangers connection somewhere, as does every Catholic to Celtic. Weird people who wouldn't recognise a Bible if they saw one.
    Scotlands shame that this behaviour seems to thrive in certain backward looking communities.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Administration can't be far away. Accounts said £4m external funding needed to get to end of season, Ashley case in March, roofs effed, unpaid bills including instalment on Garner's fee to Preston. If he wins his case will Big Mike vote for a CVA though?

Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    Administration can't be far away. Accounts said £4m external funding needed to get to end of season, Ashley case in March, roofs effed, unpaid bills including instalment on Garner's fee to Preston. If he wins his case will Big Mike vote for a CVA though?

How much money are Rangers losing at the moment?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    How much money are Rangers losing at the moment?
    Given that the 25pt penalty for a 2nd administration within 5 years is about to become spent, I wouldn't be surprised if we find out soon.

Looking at the table though, a 15pt penalty would make any chance of a europa place extremely dodgy, so it may be after the end of the season before they elect to take the hit...a bit like hertz when they declared after the season had closed, to save their premiership status
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 07-02-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    Will dodgy Daves warchest finally be opened and a bit of over investment be made to save the rangers from becoming the newly defunct successors of the now defunct Glasgow rangers?

If they do liquidate themselves again will they have to give up that petrofac cup win? Their only cup so it will be a real sore one for them.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Will dodgy Daves warchest finally be opened and a bit of over investment be made to save the rangers from becoming the newly defunct successors of the now defunct Glasgow rangers?

If they do liquidate themselves again will they have to give up that petrofac cup win? Their only cup so it will be a real sore one for them.
    Does King actually have any money to invest? You can't believe a word he says.

About as much as Craig White and Cheeky Charlie Green probably. They set the standard, don't actually have to put any cash up, just get the pro hun media convinced you're the Messiah and you're ready to go.

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    About as much as Craig White and Cheeky Charlie Green probably. They set the standard, don't actually have to put any cash up, just get the pro hun media convinced you're the Messiah and you're ready to go.
    Hun supportin media probably dont need convincing. Just desperate for ANYTHING, like the orcs, to back up their sense of entitlement as "establishments team". When ye think about it, Bandersons pretty much a carbon copy in the East.

I thought that Follow Follow poster said the media were all pro-Celtic though? 😊

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I thought that Follow Follow poster said the media were all pro-Celtic though? 😊
    Having read that again I think it's unfair to mock the afflicted, being deranged is bad enough but having a persecution complex and seeming to be a the rangers minded soul is surely a heavy enough cross to bear

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Snowflake.

It's amazing how easily these bigots play the victim card.

'Wah everyone hates us.'

No pal. We hate your behaviour.

Even if he has any money it will be a devil of a job to get it out of South Africa.

Even if he can get the money out, the decline in the conversion rate of the Rand to Sterling will mean it will be very little.

He is, after all, a 'glib and shameless liar'.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm in this camp too :)

In Hunlogic, Rangers == Protestant.

Therefore if you hate Rangers, you are an anti-Protestant bigot and any pejorative term for a Rangers supporter, eg. Hun, is automatically anti-Protestant bigotry.

Protestants (by background I mean, including myself although I'm an atheist) who hate Rangers really freak them out.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...ainst_Rangers/

Random?

Random?

Yeah, "nature" has randomly worked out theyre a bunch of whining half wits with a motor mouth manager who has a hat that's not magic

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    In Hunlogic, Rangers == Protestant.

Therefore if you hate Rangers, you are an anti-Protestant bigot and any pejorative term for a Rangers supporter, eg. Hun, is automatically anti-Protestant bigotry.

Protestants (by background I mean, including myself although I'm an atheist) who hate Rangers really freak them out.
    Personally I'm all for moderated liberalism with a live and let live culture. I have no time for bigots yet in Scotland bigoted bile is allowed to be heard being belted out every other week from mostly the rangers fans. I cannot for the life of me understand how on earth the sfa and/or politicians do not take action to stamp out such hatred. It absolutely baffles me how it is quietly tolerated by the authorities.

glory glory

Random?

Dead man walking.

The Hun press pack have been unleashed. Game plan pretty obvious, punt Warbs and install the new mug in time for ST sales.

Left by mutual consent!

Random?

Reading that leads me to think the 'hat' is trying to get released from his contract on 'Medical grounds'- load of slavering p**h !

I remember the first time I heard "the famine song" at Easter Road (it may well have been the first time it was aired anywhere, I'm sure it was a Sunday game).

I am an Edinburgh-born Scottish protestant (in the loosest possible way, I've never been to church other than weddings and funerals) and both my granddads were Rangers fans.

There was a certain irony that there will have been an element amongst their fans who will have woken up at the crack of dawn, got the boat over from Northern Ireland and come to Easter Road to sing "why don't you go home" to me, within a mile or so of both my flat and my birthplace.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    How is such a hate filled, bigoted forum like that not closed down?

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    How is such a hate filled, bigoted forum like that not closed down?
    They really need to all be kept in one place to make it easier to find them for police glasgows crack sectarian hate squad when they finally decide to wake up.

Same as the EEN site for yams who are thicker than the average yam, or just want the chance to communicate with, but never meet like minded deviants

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    They really need to all be kept in one place to make it easier to find them for police glasgows crack sectarian hate squad when they finally decide to wake up.

Same as the EEN site for yams who are thicker than the average yam, or just want the chance to communicate with, but never meet like minded deviants
    I think police glasgows crack sectarian hate squad are regular posters on that forum

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I think police glasgows crack sectarian hate squad are regular posters on that forum
    Probably explains why they couldn't find an elephant in a phone box.

Sir Matt Busby