hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1187 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 18768710871137117711851186118711881189119712371287 ... LastLast
Results 35,581 to 35,610 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not and you didn't, I'm not here. I'm invisible.......

Now I have a headache, I think I need to go for a lie down

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=Iain G;4883217]
    Quote Originally Posted by livi hibs 1875 View Post

Assume its cos he was a right arrogant sod?!?
    If it was that reason then that would be a world away from the belief among some of what the problem actually was. There is a link in post 35705......
    Last edited by HoboHarry; 19-12-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Keekaboo - look at my comment 35733 - I responded to Green Goblin but it showed the quote by Renfrew Hibby - that was nothing I did deliberately.......
    Yes, I just clicked on reply to post as normal. I promise I didn't mess around with anything.

[QUOTE=The Green Goblin;4883314]
    Keekaboo - look at my comment 35733 - I responded to Green Goblin but it showed the quote by Renfrew Hibby - that was nothing I did deliberately.......
    Yes, I just clicked on reply to post as normal. I promise I didn't mess around with anything.

See, I can do it as well

So Keekaboo you have a German keyboard, Green Goblin has a Portuguese keyboard and I have an American keyboard. This is a multi-nation, international scale problem.......

So Keekaboo you have a German keyboard, Green Goblin has a Portuguese keyboard and I have an American keyboard. This is a multi-nation, international scale problem.......

Ay Caramba!

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    I remember the Richard Gough chants in the 90s when we played Rangers at ER. Sure most do.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    I remember the Richard Gough chants in the 90s when we played Rangers at ER. Sure most do.

I remember it really well from the 93 LC Final.

I presumed there was no substance to it and it was just typical baiting of the opposition.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    This seems like a good time for my "when can we expect them to go bust again" question
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This seems like a good time for my "when can we expect them to go bust again" question

What do you mean 'again'?

This is a different Club

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    What do you mean 'again'?

This is a different Club

It's the same fans; that's good enough
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I presumed there was no substance to it and it was just typical baiting of the opposition.
    It wasn't.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Unfortunately I remember that final only too well, and the singing.

With hindsight I reckon the suggestion is that the "loyal" media did then what we now know they are very good at?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

I was at that final too. I suppose we should count our lucky stars that (unlike earlier this year) they didn't respond to all the "baiting", "goading" and "verbal abuse" by running onto the park and battering our lads.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar

I can remember the tabloid coverage of Gough being caught in a car and receiving a police caution. Just as quickly as it was in the press there was never any mention of it again anywhere.

John James has put it out there again and there's been no rebuttal yet...

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    I can remember the tabloid coverage of Gough being caught in a car and receiving a police caution. Just as quickly as it was in the press there was never any mention of it again anywhere.

Can you remember what the caution was for?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Now I have a headache, I think I need to go for a lie down

Yeah I'm like "but is it the same quote, with all the history of the original quote retained? Or is it a Newquote? And if the quote is deleted would that be a 15 point penalty, or 25?"

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Yeah I'm like "but is it the same quote, with all the history of the original quote retained? Or is it a Newquote? And if the quote is deleted would that be a 15 point penalty, or 25?"

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post

I may not be fully aware of all the allegations, but from what I can see JJ's 'outing' of Gough is disgraceful.

So what if he enjoyed the company of rent boys? So long as it was consensual, what business is it of anyone else's?

JJ seems to be linking it to the emerging abuse scandal, yet I've not seen any allegations that Gough was involved in that at all.

His name is being dragged through the mud here. Is it really necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I may not be fully aware of all the allegations, but from what I can see JJ's 'outing' of Gough is disgraceful.

So what if he enjoyed the company of rent boys? So long as it was consensual, what business is it of anyone else's?

JJ seems to be linking it to the emerging abuse scandal, yet I've not seen any allegations that Gough was involved in that at all.

Yeah, I find the whole thing disgusting, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's committed an offence of any kind... or that it was done without the consent of the other party, which would make it sexual abuse.

Is there any suggestion the boys were under age?

I'm surprised folk take any notice of John James who quite clearly has an obsession with Rangers and an agenda. No right in the heid.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    I'm surprised folk take any notice of John James who quite clearly has an obsession with Rangers and an agenda. No right in the heid.
    In contrast I think it's great people are keeping tabs on what's happening with the rangers. They are a poison to our game allied with their puppet smsm and some at the governing bodies. They have a crooked lying king in charge who should never have passed any fit and proper persons checks. Their supporters constantly sing sectarian hatred and let off smokebombs and fireworks without anything done about it.

I think the likes of JohnJames are to be congratulated not put down because they highlight possible wrongdoing by the rangers.

Glory Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    Its an interesting read but given the mixing of 'tortuous' and 'tortious' and the errors in font sizes on the contents page maybe not as genuine as it purports to be.
    "Tortious interference" is the correct term, there's no mix up here.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

If it was consensual and they were not underage then it is no-one else's business. If Craig Brown suspects RG did anything criminal as per underage then he should have reported RG if not then Craig Brown was wrongful to act in the way he did.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I find the whole thing disgusting, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's committed an offence of any kind... or that it was done without the consent of the other party, which would make it sexual abuse.

Is there any suggestion the boys were under age?

See post 35705

JJ stated that there was a belief that one of the boys was 15 at the time.....

https://johnjamessite.com/2016/12/10...you-were-here/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post

If it was consensual and they were not underage then it is no-one else's business. If Craig Brown suspects RG did anything criminal as per underage then he should have reported RG if not then Craig Brown was wrongful to act in the way he did.
    I pretty much agree & I believe the key word is consensual. However we must remember at the time of these alleged occurrences Gough was Rangers & Scotland captain. He potentially had the opportunity to use ( or abuse ) his highly regarded position to unduly influence events. There's a myriad of laws which can be used to charge someone with taking advantage of a ( possibly vulnerable ) person & they're not all predicated on that person's age. I think the main point here though is if nothing wrong took place then why was there this alleged cover up, to which Craig Brown also seems to be referring? Like Watergate the cover up may end up being more problematic than the offence. As for Craig Brown, I've been in his company on several occasions & he's an intelligent & witty man but he's always been a self-serving publicist. Time for him to put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I pretty much agree & I believe the key word is consensual. However we must remember at the time of these alleged occurrences Gough was Rangers & Scotland captain. He potentially had the opportunity to use ( or abuse ) his highly regarded position to unduly influence events. There's a myriad of laws which can be used to charge someone with taking advantage of a ( possibly vulnerable ) person & they're not all predicated on that person's age. I think the main point here though is if nothing wrong took place then why was there this alleged cover up, to which Craig Brown also seems to be referring? Like Watergate the cover up may end up being more problematic than the offence. As for Craig Brown, I've been in his company on several occasions & he's an intelligent & witty man but he's always been a self-serving publicist. Time for him to put up or shut up.
    Great points well put. It may not have been as simplistic as simply paying for sex with appropriately aged adults for if it was Craig Brown was wrongful to judge RG. Craig Brown has left a lot of question marks with his shrouded remarks regarding RG and as you say should enlighten us or never have spoken about it at all.

Glory Glory

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    See post 35705

JJ stated that there was a belief that one of the boys was 15 at the time.....

https://johnjamessite.com/2016/12/10...you-were-here/
    That is worded very vaguely and no evidence provided.

He says that Gough received a caution, but not what for. Cottaging could be a criminal matter, but lots of gay men have been prosecuted for crimes that, in the grand scheme of things, harmed nobody.

I stand by my earlier comment. Unless JJ has evidence to the contrary, his moral finger-pointing at Gough disgusts me. I get the point about police / media collusion around Rangers, but I find the tone of his piece quite troubling.

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure, but I've a vague recollection of people saying at the time the boy was 16 and folk saying law states that you had to be 21 for same gender relationship.

Let's be honest, we can speculate all we want but that doesn't make him guilty of any crime. However if he is hopefully the truth will come out.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Not sure, but I've a vague recollection of people saying at the time the boy was 16 and folk saying law states that you had to be 21 for same gender relationship.

Let's be honest, we can speculate all we want but that doesn't make him guilty of any crime. However if he is hopefully the truth will come out.

GGTTH
    That's the only thing I can think of that would have been against the law at that time. Kerb-crawling wasn't an offence back then.