hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1176 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 17667610761126116611741175117611771178118612261276 ... LastLast
Results 35,251 to 35,280 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More than £40k a week the pair, plus bonuses.

They may get rid of Barton in January if (and it's a big 'if') the price is right, but Krancjar's injury takes him to the end of his contract so that's £16.5k/wk from now until May regardless.

Devastating stuff.
    Maybe Warburton better not count on a Christmas card from the Lying King

2. Log in to remove the advert

I never thought I'd utter these words, but "nice touch from Mike Ashley..."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1..._legal_battle/

Quote Originally Posted by Hibzbollah View Post
    I never thought I'd utter these words, but "nice touch from Mike Ashley..."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1..._legal_battle/
    The quality of Ashley's lawyers does not inspire confidence he can win in court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Don't clubs insure their players against long term injury? Not saying this is actually the case with these cheapskates, but it's available...in which case it could be a bonus for them, as his wages would be covered.
    It really does depend. Newcastle, who are a model of financial probity compared to sevco even had to pay Barton's wages when he was in jail because they had not insured against his lack of availability.

I'm purely guessing here but on balance I would say that the hun are having to pay Krancjar. If he were covered by insurance, I'm sure we'd already have seen some sort of self-congratulatory piece in the Daily ******, fed (no pun intended) to Jackson by Monsieur Creosote at level5.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    It really does depend. Newcastle, who are a model of financial probity compared to sevco even had to pay Barton's wages when he was in jail because they had not insured against his lack of availability.

I'm purely guessing here but on balance I would say that the hun are having to pay Krancjar. If he were covered by insurance, I'm sure we'd already have seen some sort of self-congratulatory piece in the Daily ******, fed (no pun intended) to Jackson by Monsieur Creosote at level5.
    It is not the norm for clubs to insure their players against injury.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Yes, but to get said insurance would mean paying the premiums and we all know DK doesn't do paying invoices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The quality of Ashley's lawyers does not inspire confidence he can win in court.
    Who are his lawyers?

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    More often than not, yes. Plenty exceptions though. I know a current St Mirren player who asked to be paid his insurance premium because his contract was so poor (maximum wage at St Mirren is £600/wk) and when it comes to the hun, they might well have left it to chance as they have no concept, despite liquidation, of how to run a business at a break-even point.

They don't even have WiFi, FFS.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Who are his lawyers?
    Sue, Grabbitt and Runn.

Like it

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Sue, Grabbitt and Runn.
    Who were hopeless. One judge remarked on how poorly prepared their case was. (DK v MA).

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post

Who were hopeless. One judge remarked on how poorly prepared their case was. (DK v MA).
    They didn't really have a case last time (it was a vexatious complaint, he just wanted King to spend Christmas in jail because that's how someone like Ashley gets his kicks) so he paid for the lawyer's equivalent of a three pack of Donnay socks.

He's got a case this time - one he's favourite to win - and his lawyers will be prepared accordingly.

I am surprised that Newcastle didn't see that one coming.

They had employed Duncan Disorderly previously! He would have been with Everton when he did stir though?

Surely Barton's contract would have a clause saying that he had to be available to play which would mean he wouldn't have to be paid while in jail.

That may be true, however, the challenge adds to the whole sense of crisis and lengthens the deadline on any resolution to the merchandise funding battle. Sevco could really do without this now.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Surely Barton's contract would have a clause saying that he had to be available to play which would mean he wouldn't have to be paid while in jail.
    You'd have thought so, wouldn't you? But we didn't.

Barton was getting £65,000/wk from Newcastle while he was in jail.

Barton says otherwise in this article......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ve-prison.html

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Barton says otherwise in this article......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ve-prison.html
    Well he would say that, wouldn't he?

Someone's lying, and frankly I trust Barton as far as I can throw him. The man's a proven liar, has a history of extreme and unprovoked violence and general recidivism. Look how he's behaving now; I know it's the hun he's taking the piss out of, and it's hilarious, but this is not a trustworthy man.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Was that his basic wage at Newcastle?

Why did Newcastle just not sack him and save paying him anything.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Was that his basic wage at Newcastle?

Why did Newcastle just not sack him and save paying him anything.
    Yeah.

Couldn't or we would have. Watertight contract engineered by one Willie MacKay - who is still his agent now. This is why the hun can't sack him for calling his boss a c-word and fighting with Halliday.

Crazy, I know.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Yeah.

Couldn't or we would have. Watertight contract engineered by one Willie MacKay - who is still his agent now. This is why the hun can't sack him for calling his boss a c-word and fighting with Halliday.

Crazy, I know.
    Panic buy in haste, repent at leisure, hopefully for the length or value of his contract.

Whose idea was it to sign so many over the hill wage collectors on such expensive and long term deals? If this was happening at our club I'd want them out.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Well he would say that, wouldn't he?

Someone's lying, and frankly I trust Barton as far as I can throw him. The man's a proven liar, has a history of extreme and unprovoked violence and general recidivism. Look how he's behaving now; I know it's the hun he's taking the piss out of, and it's hilarious, but this is not a trustworthy man.
    I you taking Ashley's side here? That must hurt

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Yeah.

Crazy, I know.
    So when playing, he couldn't have been far away from picking up £100k p/w with win bonus and appearance money. Mental.

These things happen on the training ground all the time, players fighting and managers getting involved as well, so I would reckon the Rangers would struggle to sack him for that, Joey will still be able to get a round of golf every weekend for the time being as he will have been told to stay away from Ipox on match days as well, mind you the new club could have him training at Murray Park while the Rangers play there games.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar

It's good to hear the 'other' side of the story.

By other I recall a snippet from Barton's autobiography that after he came out of prison he was getting treatment at the Sporting Chance clinic on the south coast. He had to be there overnight I think as terms of his probation, but still had to get to training. Anyway, Ashley offered him his helicopter to get to training in Newcastle each day. Barton accepts, then rails at the bill Ashley hands him for the transport.

Makes for a good story, until you have pointed out he was on £65k a week and Ashley knew he could afford it. Typical Barton, thick as shig pit not knowing he will pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I you taking Ashley's side here? That must hurt
    I'm not taking his side so much as I know Barton's lying. It was a while ago and I'm really only interested in the fine work Barton is doing at sevco now!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    It's good to hear the 'other' side of the story.

By other I recall a snippet from Barton's autobiography that after he came out of prison he was getting treatment at the Sporting Chance clinic on the south coast. He had to be there overnight I think as terms of his probation, but still had to get to training. Anyway, Ashley offered him his helicopter to get to training in Newcastle each day. Barton accepts, then rails at the bill Ashley hands him for the transport.

Makes for a good story, until you have pointed out he was on £65k a week and Ashley knew he could afford it. Typical Barton, thick as shig pit not knowing he will pay for it.
    I've not read the book but was aware of the helicopter story. Sums both parties up quite neatly.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Yeah.

Crazy, I know.
    Madness of modern pro footballers....

If I called my boss a clueless c.... and decked a colleague, my feet wouldn't touch the ground legally. Out on my ear with little or no liklihood of any appeal or financial recompense.

As you say, crazy stuff.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    So Willie McKay is JoJo's agent?
    Hmmmm.... where have I heard that name before?

Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Madness of modern pro footballers....

If I called my boss a clueless c.... and decked a colleague, my feet wouldn't touch the ground legally. Out on my ear with little or no liklihood of any appeal or financial recompense.

As you say, crazy stuff.
    Sports teams are different. Training ground bust ups are both common and desirable. If they are not happening at a club then it's likely the club is not training with the intensity required to maintain performance.
    I believe that Bartons bust up happened during an 'honesty' discussion following the 5-1 defeat. You can't call such a session then sack someone for being honest in their views.

Sports teams are different. Training ground bust ups are both common and desirable. If they are not happening at a club then it's likely the club is not training with the intensity required to maintain performance.
    I believe that Bartons bust up happened during an 'honesty' discussion following the 5-1 defeat. You can't call such a session then sack someone for being honest in their views.

The Rangers and honesty? I doubt they're aware of the concept.