hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1116 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 11661610161066110611141115111611171118112611661216 ... LastLast
Results 33,451 to 33,480 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think next hearing is in a couple of weeks in Aberdeen.
    The away leg.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It looks like Rangers First have only given their members 3 days to vote on whether to change their rules and lend the £500k to the club.
    I wonder what the hurry is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    3 Days of Condorc

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It looks like Rangers First have only given their members 3 days to vote on whether to change their rules and lend the £500k to the club.
    I wonder what the hurry is?

Maybe trying to fund the purchase of another player
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...iagouraga.html

offered 100k for a 3/4M rated player, where have we heard that before

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Rangers have turned down the offer of the £500k loan but say they may take it up in the future

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Rangers have turned down the offer of the £500k loan but say they may take it up in the future
    http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/...b-statement-3/

That's a strange one. I wonder if the club were expecting there to be conditions attached to any offer, that they couldn't commit to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

That's a strange one. I wonder if the club were expecting there to be conditions attached to any offer, that they couldn't commit to.
    I think the answer's in the last line where they talk about Glib & Shameless committing to match the £500k loan! By including that comment in the statement they effectively answer a question that hasn't been asked! That always makes me suspicious!

From what I can make out from Twitter chat and their message boards, the majority of Rangers First members had been voting against it all day. Not enough info given and only 3 days to make decision had spooked them.

From what I can make out from Twitter chat and their message boards, the majority of Rangers First members had been voting against it all day. Not enough info given and only 3 days to make decision had spooked them.

In other words, didn't want to lose face by RF refusing to fund them.

In other words, didn't want to lose face by RF refusing to fund them.
    Could be. It's all a bit strange. I find it hard to believe that Rangers First would not have consulted the club in advance with their plans.

Could be. It's all a bit strange. I find it hard to believe that Rangers First would not have consulted the club in advance with their plans.

Maybe they did, and demanded that DK match their half mill. Maybe that's where the Record got their story from.

If that is the case, RF have just called DK's bluff about having money.

Sent today by the guy who runs Rangers First.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I think next hearing is in a couple of weeks in Aberdeen.
    I just checked it is in Aberdeen in two weeks then another one in Edinburgh in February not sure why Aberdeen a bit strange...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    James Doleman @jamesdoleman 15m15 minutes ago It appears assurances given to members of Rangers First that Dave King would match their funding werevincorrect. http://rng.rs/1VNlkEF

Meantime, in news elsewhere the Pope remains a catholic.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It always amazes me how lightly he gets off in the eyes of "the hordes".

He was the architect of their demise. He designed every aspect of it, set it up to go pop then got a patsy in (Whyte) for them all to blame when it happened. I read an article a while back that made a good case for Whyte actually being the good guy in the eyes of the Rangers fans - if he hadn't used the tax as working capital then they might have been liquidated mid-season which would have been far harder for them to re-emerge from. Doing this he kept a busted flush going until the summer and managed to keep a club alive (or undead might be more accurate).

I don't think they can/will move on as a club until the fans realise that SDM was the figure to blame more than anyone. Yes they've had a succession of crooks and misfits since then but that's what you get when you carry on the way they did for so long that the club is untouchable by anyone with any integrity/ common sense/ intelligence/ clean money.

Only when they distance themselves from the idiotic grandeur of his era will they be able to progress as a club again.

Which is nice because I don't see it happening any time soon.
    I think that the Rangers fans will probably consider the relationship with SDM as similar to the way I remember my time with a former German hooker, it was a roller-coaster ride to hell and back but **** was the sex good.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Maybe they did, and demanded that DK match their half mill. Maybe that's where the Record got their story from.

If that is the case, RF have just called DK's bluff about having money.
    That statement doesn't rule out Sevco taking the cash.

It just rules out DK matching it. And says that Sevco didn't ask RF for a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

So who do we believe?

The blue one in the white hat, or the blue one in the black hat? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post

They did however say they needed money to see out the season. Agree it doesn't rule out them taking the cash at a later date. Maybe they didn't want to upset other groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    I just checked it is in Aberdeen in two weeks then another one in Edinburgh in February not sure why Aberdeen a bit strange...

Only Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen have a High Court.

2 neutral High Court venues, possibly switching because of a lot of sheep molesting cases coming up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forthview View Post
    Only Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen have a High Court.

The High Court of Justiciary is Scotland's supreme criminal court. When sitting at first instance as a trial court, it hears the most serious criminal cases, such as murder and rape. A single judge hears cases with a jury of 15 people.
    At first instance, it sits in cities and larger towns around Scotland and has a permanent base in Edinburgh (Lawnmarket), Glasgow (Saltmarket) and Aberdeen (Mercatgate). There are periodic sittings in eight circuit courts Dundee, Dunfermline, Dumbarton, Inverness,Kilmarnock, Livingston, Paisley and Perth, and regular sittings at Edinburgh Sheriff Court. As an appeal court, it sits only in Edinburgh.

Blog Entries

Talking

Maybe away sentences count double!

So who do we believe?

The blue one in the white hat, or the blue one in the black hat? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I know Ricki Neill personally. He's a really good guy. IMO there's no way he'd be anything but honest about this.

@hibs.net private member
    Now which one do I believe re values?

Rangers hope to sign 28-year-old French midfielder Toumani Diagouraga from Brentford on Friday in a transfer worth £500,000 after already having two offers rejected by Ibrox manager Mark Warburton's former club. (Daily Record)

or

Rangers have been told to increase their offer for Brentford midfielder Toumani Diagouraga after a £100,000 bid was dismissed by the English Championship club. (Daily Mail)

both from BBC website

A bit of discord at Rangers First?

---------------

Copy of my letter sent to James Blair today -

Mr Blair,

Further to our telephone discussion today I need to have the contents of this e mail recorded and I will be making it public to the Rangers Supporters.

I am requesting that Rangers First put on HOLD with immediate effect the offer to loan Rangers International Football Club £500,000.This is nothing to do with not wishing to assisting the club I love.

This request is 100% to question and challenge the diligence,lack of process and lack of detail and transparency given to the hard working Rangers supporters that put the money in the Rangers First account expecting it to be used to buy Shares.
    I want to point out to you that as a member of Rangers First I request a full open Meeting to discuss implications of this loan in full and it is paramount that all Rangers First members be allowed to ask as many questions relating to this loan in as much detail as required to allow ALL to make a clear informed decision on what is best for Rangers First.

Rangers First has an upcoming AGM at the end of January or early February 2016, At this AGM the Rangers First members should be given the respect deserved by discussing this loan proposal at the AGM and then deciding what type of person we want to vote into office as a Director of Rangers First. Individuals that will never be disrespectful to our members or enter into discussions without 100% Transparency.

I have had discussions today with Rangers First Board members James you being one of them and it is clear there is discord regarding Rangers First and its direction. One Rangers First Board member has resigned and others have agreed that it might be the correct decision to suspend the vote on giving this loan until the internal politics of Rangers First is discussed and a harmonious Board invite our member to a meeting to discuss all the detail of this UNSECURED LOAN.

I want to put it on record that I am appalled that you think putting this vote on a website with only 4 days till it closes and with no real detail or discussion showing a total lack of respect to our members. This is a HUGE DECISION and must not be rushed through.

All our Members must be informed Immediately that a Director has resigned as a matter of principal regarding the lack of diligence and Transparency and other Directors are not comfortable with the workings of Rangers First or your position at Rangers First.

This leads me to another request that you James Blair must resign from Rangers First with immediate effect as there is a clear conflict of interest in your role as Rangers First Secretary and also the Secretary of Rangers international.

Rangers First must always be 100% INDEPENDENT and have no Board Member with a split Loyalty. This is a serious request and I am asking for a Meeting to be arranged as a matter of urgency to discuss this matter.

I have also had conversations today with many other Rangers First Members that want a full discussion on this matter.

I repeat my request that Rangers First must SUSPEND this vote until a full meeting is arranged to discuss the detail.

I repeat my request that you resign with Immediate effect and I request you accept this as a full Complaint into your position at Rangers First.

I also request that this e mail be shown to all Directors of Rangers First with immediate effect and I ask that the Board convene an urgent meeting to discuss the suspension of this vote and your position as a Board Member at Rangers First.

I look forward to an early reply

Brian Bowman
    Founder Member of Rangers First

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Uh-oh........

James won't like that.

He'll not back down either.
    🤓

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Phil has a new piece on Rangers finances,

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/cri...comment-166389

A point in it that I don't think has been picked up on, rangers Accounts stating a shortfall in funding of £ 2.5 million for the season was dependent on " a conservative estimate of revenue from player sales "

What a conservative estimate is, is anybodies guess, the amount they will actually generate is easier ; - Ziltch !

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...g-500k-7139511

More on Rangers First. Don't know what exactly happened yesterday but it's Rangers First who are getting thrown under a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Phil has a new piece on Rangers finances,

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/cri...comment-166389

A point in it that I don't think has been picked up on, rangers Accounts stating a shortfall in funding of £ 2.5 million for the season was dependent on " a conservative estimate of revenue from player sales "

What a conservative estimate is, is anybodies guess, the amount they will actually generate is easier ; - Ziltch !
    And still no confirmation that SD have been paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I think that the Rangers fans will probably consider the relationship with SDM as similar to the way I remember my time with a former German hooker, it was a roller-coaster ride to hell and back but **** was the sex good.
    Did you pay with someone else's credit card?
    Space to let