hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1101 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 10160110011051109110991100110111021103111111511201 ... LastLast
Results 33,001 to 33,030 of 44390
    http://www.onfieldsofgreen.com/sums-sevco-style/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.onfieldsofgreen.com/sums-sevco-style/

the £3.000.000 to £7.500.000 needed , the main thing about this is no one knows are these conservative amounts ?
    The so called £5 million for MA they claimed in court to have been paid , which was later said that they are £500.000 short
    so am i right in saying they have paid the £4.500.000 off already or are they waiting till they get the remainder of the money before paying that debt off, or do they even have the £4.500.000 to begin with at all.
    The first priority should be to make sure they can finish the season.
    Next should be to make sure they get back in the top tier
    Once back in the promised land they can then address MA loan as there revenue will go up.

i dont think they will strengthen their team in transfer window if anything i can see guys moving out and being replaced with cheaper options but knowing the huns they will spend money they dont have.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post
    the £3.000.000 to £7.500.000 needed , the main thing about this is no one knows are these conservative amounts ?
    The so called £5 million for MA they claimed in court to have been paid , which was later said that they are £500.000 short
    so am i right in saying they have paid the £4.500.000 off already or are they waiting till they get the remainder of the money before paying that debt off, or do they even have the £4.500.000 to begin with at all.
    Once back in the promised land they can then address MA loan as there revenue will go up.

i dont think they will strengthen their team in transfer window if anything i can see guys moving out and being replaced with cheaper options but knowing the huns they will spend money they dont have.
    Depends what you mean by strengthen. With a player budget 4 times that of Hibs, all Warburton needs to do is find the right mix of players to win this league. He doesn't need to spend more money, just spend whatever he can get effectively. So if he can move one or two of the higher paid players on (or for money), he might find cheaper players but a better balance. One things for sure, Sevco's squad is thin with some key pieces missing (in midfield) and far from assured of winning any league, so the pressure on them to do SOMETHING is huge.

That's why they need Reagan and Doncaster will dress up as Santa this year and hand Sevco a "Go to Prem" card before it looks contrived

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=gorgie greens;4523416]the £3.000.000 to £7.500.000 needed , the main thing about this is no one knows are these conservative amounts ?

i dont think they will strengthen their team in transfer window if anything i can see guys moving out and being replaced with cheaper options but knowing the huns they will spend money they dont have.[/QUOT

They've paid as much of the £5m as they have of the £250k fine levied on them after the LNS whitewash. Ie, zip!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-tells-7012206

Lee Wallace bigging up the Rangers in this mornings Daily ******.

I wonder if they are all familiar with Trigger's gun toting past .

Blog Entries
    They've paid as much of the £5m as they have of the £250k fine levied on them after the LNS whitewash. Ie, zip!

While you're probably/possibly right, we don't know for sure how much, if any of the £5m has been paid. We are all sceptical about everything Sevco and we all wish them the worst but a lot of what's being banded about stems from or is reinforced, whether accurately or not, by the bloggers, who are blinkered and driven by their own agendas and prejudices. Like everbody, I initially thought these guys were a breath of fresh air but I've started to curb my enthusiasm for their diatribes.

I don't think they have a player budget 4 times that of Hibs. I think Stubbs was being a bit mischievous there, knowing that Warburton or anyone from Rangers would deny it as they need their fans to believe they are still as big as Celtic.
    They signed a couple of decent players who have had a great start but are starting to fade already and they don't have a squad big enough. I don't expect January reinforcements.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post

I would think that they'll have to pay the whole £5M to release themselves from the conditions of the loan. You can't get 90% of the security on the SECVO property back. I suspect that the paying off of the loan is an effort to assuage MA/SD with pressure being exerted from SFA/SPFL. But even if/when they pay off the loan they still have to deal with MA/SD as there appears to be a 7 year notoification for the termination of the retail contract. Also the document posted by Ozz indicates that there are mechanisms whereby SD could buy control of the joint enterprise. Clearly the whole thing has become very personal between MA and DK and rational discussion has probably gone out the window. So who knows what the next steps will be.

In relation to the 4 times larger player budget, presumably this is largely tied up with overblown wages being paid to existing players. It's not as if all of the the budget is liquid and available to buy in new players. I would think that the players that they have will want to stay put as they are, with perhaps a couple of exceptions, at best very average players who wouldn't get the same pay at other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post

While you're probably/possibly right, we don't know for sure how much, if any of the £5m has been paid. We are all sceptical about everything Sevco and we all wish them the worst but a lot of what's being banded about stems from or is reinforced, whether accurately or not, by the bloggers, who are blinkered and driven by their own agendas and prejudices. Like everbody, I initially thought these guys were a breath of fresh air but I've started to curb my enthusiasm for their diatribes.
    They have paid zero of the £5m to Sports Direct. This was confirmed by Grant Russell of STV.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Read that earlier. Should be pinned up on the dressing room wall. Time to show them who really is the best.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    They have paid zero of the £5m to Sports Direct. This was confirmed by Grant Russell of STV.

I can't see any incentive for Sevco paying back the £5m bit by bit. It's not like SD will show them any goodwill for doing so, so it would make sense to wait until they've got the full amount.

I do find it unbelievable, though, that Sevco told a court they had paid the money back if they have not done so. I guess 'glib and shameless' was pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Read that earlier. Should be pinned up on the dressing room wall. Time to show them who really is the best.

What with their criminal Chairman and a gun toting club captain,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/5319592.stm

Pity they got shot of the Islamaphobic director, could have had a full-house !

I don't think they have a player budget 4 times that of Hibs. I think Stubbs was being a bit mischievous there, knowing that Warburton or anyone from Rangers would deny it as they need their fans to believe they are still as big as Celtic.
    They signed a couple of decent players who have had a great start but are starting to fade already and they don't have a squad big enough. I don't expect January reinforcements.

I agree, and I think that they are also handicapped by their recent history of paying over the odds for players who are okay by Scottish standards, but still not very good. Agents see them as an easy mark, and they are too full of themselves not to pay the bigger money for donkeys.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar

Must be brilliant to have a propaganda mouthpiece the size of the records to distort the truth...forget the poor form, forget, the dropped points and forget the directors court cases...but roll out a 'we're better than the rest' article to appease the orks...somebody has got them rattled and I love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Must be brilliant to have a propaganda mouthpiece the size of the records to distort the truth...forget the poor form, forget, the dropped points and forget the directors court cases...but roll out a 'we're better than the rest' article to appease the orks...somebody has got them rattled and I love it!!!
    Darren MacGregor should have a word. Time for Wallace to put in a transfer request so that he can join his boyhood heroes.

Blog Entries

Thanks, beat me to it! Just how do they continue to get away with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I agree, and I think that they are also handicapped by their recent history of paying over the odds for players who are okay by Scottish standards, but still not very good. Agents see them as an easy mark, and they are too full of themselves not to pay the bigger money for donkeys.

Ranger's accounts show staff costs for 14/15 at just under £14 million and detail first team squad costs at £ 6.5 million.

Hibs accounts show staff costs for 14/15 at £ 3.4 million, and guessing the same percentage ( 46% ) attributable to first team would give our costs as £ 1.56 million.

That's less than a quarter of the Ranger's costs.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Yes 7 mins from £240!! Ridiculous odds!
    Must admit I stuck a sneaky muff on it too after seeing your initial post! Crazy odds!
    It was worth it for the few minutes of excitement ☺

Ranger's accounts show staff costs for 14/15 at just under £14 million and detail first team squad costs at £ 6.5 million.

Hibs accounts show staff costs for 14/15 at £ 3.4 million, and guessing the same percentage ( 46% ) attributable to first team would give our costs as £ 1.56 million.

That's less than a quarter of the Ranger's costs.
    Second highest squad cost behind Celtc.

Loving the fact that their costs are greater than their income, there is no war-chest, spending on lawyers and not players, which could well mean there's players and even a manager, going out in the January window.

But, we shouldn't worry - the SFA will increase the size of the top league if the worst should happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post

Loving the fact that their costs are greater than their income, there is no war-chest, spending on lawyers and not players, which could well mean there's players and even a manager, going out in the January window.

But, we shouldn't worry - the SFA will increase the size of the top league if the worst should happen...
    Lots of people said that last year and they can't do it unless almost all clubs agree.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post

Ain't in their gift.

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/cha...ast-offensive/

Wonder if Hibs got an invite.

If this is genuine, sounds like a job for Petrie. Leeann's got a job to do, don't want her wasting her time with glib and shameless liars.

Mind you, if Dave King invites you to lunch, you'd really want to check he hasn't left his wallet in the car before you sat down.

First one up is this Wednesday. Chuckie Green appealing against decision not to award him legal expenses for his court cases.
    http://www.sfm.scot/lns-a-summary/?cid=24598

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I see the Petrofac cup final venue favours the young club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35105603
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post

Wonder if they'll put The rangers on the cup if they win it. Got to get it right for their first cup final win. They must be all excited.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875

Why?

Left by mutual consent!

How come? They have never even played at Hampden.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    The cynic in me would sing:

money money money money. money.

Bigger gate receipts?

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Played Celtic there in a semi final a couple of years ago? 1st Feb this year actually.
    Last edited by stantonhibby; 15-12-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    The cynic in me would sing:

money money money money. money.

Bigger gate receipts?
    The choice of stadium allows everyone that wants to see the game to be there - that's got to be a good thing surely.