hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1099 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 995999991049108910971098109911001101110911491199 ... LastLast
Results 32,941 to 32,970 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His opening line -

“A Scar on Business” This article’s headline is a quote from the Institute of Directors in regard to Dave King.'

He's either getting it wrong or he's hoping his fellow hordes don't read 'The Guardian' -

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...es-revelations

'The company was branded a “scar on British business” by the Institute of Directors ...'

Or have I read this completely wrong ??
    I read it as you do.

You should ask him for clarification. He ignores me when I do it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    It's quite clear to me that the 'scar on British business' is a reference to Sports Direct and not Dave King.
    JJ is either devious or at best careless in his interpretation of the Guardian article. I know what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    It's quite clear to me that the 'scar on British business' is a reference to Sports Direct and not Dave King.
    JJ is either devious or at best careless in his interpretation of the Guardian article. I know what I think.
    DK is not even mentioned in that article, or the Chronicle one, which is where I read it.

Go on, Jim, you ask him as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    DK is not even mentioned in that article, or the Chronicle one, which is where I read it.

Go on, Jim, you ask him as well.
    Out of interest, how did you contact him? Is there an email address? I wouldn't want to register on his site. My impression is that he only 'publishes' supportive comments or questions.

Out of interest, how did you contact him? Is there an email address? I wouldn't want to register on his site. My impression is that he only 'publishes' supportive comments or questions.
    I did it on that site.

My experience has been exactly as you describe. Positive comments of mine are on there. Questions and negative ones have been ignored :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/the...co-soap-opera/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    His opening line -

“A Scar on Business” This article’s headline is a quote from the Institute of Directors in regard to Dave King.'

He's either getting it wrong or he's hoping his fellow hordes don't read 'The Guardian' -

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...es-revelations

'The company was branded a “scar on British business” by the Institute of Directors ...'

Or have I read this completely wrong ??

He has backtracked and corrected his embarrassing faux-pas. It doesn't help his credibility.

@hibs.net private member
    James Doleman on Twitter:
    Judge after saying in court today he had never been a mason

'But it would have been an honour to be nominated by a legend like John Greig"

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    These boys writing pseudo intellectual drivel in an attempt to be the white knights of Scottish football are embarrassing. Give us a coherent logical timeline and appraisal of the situation. 99% of football supporters don't have the time or inclination to follow all of this. Make it accessible or you are no better than the mainstream media. They have went too far in making it accessible but there is a happy medium which is at the heart of any good journalism.

Having been to football matches all across the world the only thing notable about rangers is their "passion" is driven purely by hate. Dont fuel their hate. Ignore them, skelp them on the pitch and mock them. They barely have the resources to compete with Hibernian, a club which is based on inclusion and integrity. The jokes on them and always will be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by God Petrie View Post
    These boys writing pseudo intellectual drivel in an attempt to be the white knights of Scottish football are embarrassing. Give us a coherent logical timeline and appraisal of the situation. 99% of football supporters don't have the time or inclination to follow all of this. Make it accessible or you are no better than the mainstream media. They have went too far in making it accessible but there is a happy medium which is at the heart of any good journalism.

Having been to football matches all across the world the only thing notable about rangers is their "passion" is driven purely by hate. Dont fuel their hate. Ignore them, skelp them on the pitch and mock them. They barely have the resources to compete with Hibernian, a club which is based on inclusion and integrity. The jokes on them and always will be.
    Very Churchillian and spirit raising - "We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

Pity about the last four ironic words, but there you go .......

Excellent post, putting the 'white knights of Scottish Journalism' in perspective ( are you listening, Phil and JJ ) and an almost 'hare and tortoise' means of pipping them at the post.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    On a related topic, are there any photographs of King in which he doesn't look utterly gormless? I only ask as I've never seen one.
    Do you mean from before or after he was fund raising as Roy Croppers slightly more fashionable twin?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    He has backtracked and corrected his embarrassing faux-pas. It doesn't help his credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ in response to having his mistake pointed out
    Note my change in the article in my response to numerous posts on this matter. I constantly strive to be accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ in revised blog post
    This article’s headline is a quote from the Institute of Directors in regard to Mike Ashley, but I posit that it’s more apposite of Dave King.
    I posit this guy's an idiot.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by God Petrie View Post

Not sure I agree about a 'happy medium' being at the Heart of good journalism, at least not good investigative journalism. More a case of tenacity, asking awkward questions and having a desire to uncover inconvenient truths which some would rather remained hidden.

The lamentable performance of the Scottish mainstream media has created a vacuum which these guys are filling. The problem appears to me to be their barely concealed agendas, out of control egos, tendency to guild the lilly and the absence of a good editor.

I must admit I do find the whole thing to have a horrible fascination with a cast of characters who would be out of place in the most far fetched of films. I have made the effort to follow all the goings on and try to understand them-don't pretend I do though. I agree it would be good to have an 'executive summary' but I'm not sure it's that simple or that anyone really knows, hence the speculation.

If you don't have the time/ inclination to follow all the goings on then I guess the answer for you and your fellow 99% is don't. It's probably quite important for the future of Scottish Football that the whole business is resolved though and that the truth (whatever that is) comes out. Ignoring the issues won't do that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Not sure I agree about a 'happy medium' being at the Heart of good journalism, at least not good investigative journalism. More a case of tenacity, asking awkward questions and having a desire to uncover inconvenient truths which some would rather remained hidden.

The lamentable performance of the Scottish mainstream media has created a vacuum which these guys are filling. The problem appears to me to be their barely concealed agendas, out of control egos, tendency to guild the lilly and the absence of a good editor.

I must admit I do find the whole thing to have a horrible fascination with a cast of characters who would be out of place in the most far fetched of films. I have made the effort to follow all the goings on and try to understand them-don't pretend I do though. I agree it would be good to have an 'executive summary' but I'm not sure it's that simple or that anyone really knows, hence the speculation.

If you don't have the time/ inclination to follow all the goings on then I guess the answer for you and your fellow 99% is don't. It's probably quite important for the future of Scottish Football that the whole business is resolved though and that the truth (whatever that is) comes out. Ignoring the issues won't do that.
    The problem is that the incessant ranting of these bloggers tends to mitigate the misdoings of their targets.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    The problem is that the incessant ranting of these bloggers tends to mitigate the misdoings of their targets.
    I agree.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Big thanks for the main contributors on this thread. Totally missed yesterday's action and got more info here than on any news site I've looked on. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Of all the bloggers on this issue I find James Forrest to be the most readable. Phil has the best sources. JJ is a windbag who barely pauses to think before posting.
    On the issue of them having barely concealed agendas, who would argue that Roddy Forsyth, Chris Jack, Richard Wilson or Keith Jackson did not have barely concealed agendas?

Morton (good form) are 22-1 to win at Ibrox today.

Chucked a tenner on that.

Every season in every league you will see surprises.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I did it on that site.

My experience has been exactly as you describe. Positive comments of mine are on there. Questions and negative ones have been ignored :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    It appears that your questions fail to reach the standards he has set.

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/the...ve-excursions/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Remember to watch your salt intake.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Morton (good form) are 22-1 to win at Ibrox today.

Chucked a tenner on that.

Every season in every league you will see surprises.
    Wow you must be gutted. Unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Wow you must be gutted. Unlucky.
    Yes 7 mins from £240!! Ridiculous odds!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

What does this all mean?

Apologies for being too lazy to read it all

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    What does this all mean?

Don't feel bad - I read it and still don't understand it. I assume that because it was posted by Ozyhibby it's bad news for Sevco though.

@hibs.net private member
    Guys guys, are you sure it is wise posting this stuff? Are there implications?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    What does this all mean?

Not sure myself, think it means Mike Ashley gets the lot of they don't pay him soon.