hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1055 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 555559551005104510531054105510561057106511051155 ... LastLast
Results 31,621 to 31,650 of 44390
    Oooh ...

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 40s41 seconds ago
    Judge, Lady Wolffe minded to grant judicial review requested by Mike Ashley. Dates now being discussed

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And they're off ...

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 44s44 seconds ago
    MASH are asking for judicial review of SFA decision to grant Dave King "fit and proper" status and on his fine from SFA

King must stay ! He is fit and proper, for the Huns anyway.

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 5m5 minutes ago
    Counsel for SFA says they have "no duty to provide explanations" to Mike Ashley.

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 4m4 minutes ago
    Counsel for SFA asks for hearing on 11 December were he will move to dismiss Mike Ashley motion, " no need to put it off"

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 3m3 minutes ago
    Counsel for SFA " I hardly need to remind you of difficulties Rangers, and Scottish football have faced" adds "this uncertainty must end"

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 2m2 minutes ago
    Counsel for Dave King rises, says he is "happy to adopt SFA motions" asks for "end to uncertainty" and "expidited hearing"

Awww, poor The Rangers. SFA disgust me

@hibs.net private member
    Counsel for SFA " I hardly need to remind you of difficulties Rangers, and Scottish football have faced" adds "this uncertainty must end"[/QUOTE]

and whose fault is that? Almost as brass necked as The Rangers these *******s at the SFA.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Just a thought about Dave King. If he gets banged up on his contempt charge in the London Courts will all the days he spends doing porridge count as days in the UK.

The HMRC could visit him inside and hit him with a UK tax assessment .

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 5m5 minutes ago
    Counsel for SFA says they have "no duty to provide explanations" to Mike Ashley.

Counsel for SFA asks for hearing on 11 December were he will move to dismiss Mike Ashley motion, " no need to put it off"

Counsel for SFA " I hardly need to remind you of difficulties Rangers, and Scottish football have faced" adds "this uncertainty must end"
    The SFA should explain their decision to the wider public though.

Just shows the contempt they hold for us.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Just dawned on me that if it takes a maximum of 14 days to come up with a decision and the case is heard on 11 December we could have some Christmas present.

Personally I think King will win because the rules will be that vague that none will have been breached and the judicial review will fail. Don't think it is correct but he will wriggle out of it somehow.
    11th February is the date for our diaries
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Anyone read that Grant Russell tweet on 'mora' ?

Is this the SFA defence "why did you not say something at the time ?"

https://mobile.twitter.com/stvgrant/...12617265463297

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Just a thought about Dave King. If he gets banged up on his contempt charge in the London Courts will all the days he spends doing porridge count as days in the UK.

The HMRC could visit him inside and hit him with a UK tax assessment .
    Absolutely no reason why not. It is not as though he is in a foreign embassy or anything, legally a prison is in the UK albeit at her majesty's (and our great) pleasure.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Just dawned on me that if it takes a maximum of 14 days to come up with a decision and the case is heard on 11 December we could have some Christmas present.

Personally I think King will win because the rules will be that vague that none will have been breached and the judicial review will fail. Don't think it is correct but he will wriggle out of it somehow.
    http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__arti...1375800575.pdf

page 24, section 94 I think is the Fit and Proper person criteria, not sure if any were bent or broken for King as I not had the time to read it yet

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 15m15 minutes ago
    Lady Wolffe rules she will hold 2 day hearing on 11 Feb Rejects SFA/King motion for preliminary diet in December

Consensus in coury is that today was big win for Mike Ashley. SFA/King motion for quick dismissal rejected, will now be substantive hearing.

Consensus in coury is that today was big win for Mike Ashley. SFA/King motion for quick dismissal rejected, will now be substantive hearing.
    😄😄

Lady Wolffe rules she will hold 2 day hearing on 11 Feb Rejects SFA/King motion for preliminary diet in December
    I like Lady Wolf s tone

@hibs.net private member
    How do you have a 2 day hearing on one day?

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    That's the third or fourth academy player that we have now lost to the timhuns in the last six months, and I think that Viola has been there or thereabouts with them all.

There is clearly an issue here.
    I agree - its a disgrace that agents are punting u16s players around just so parents and agents can get back handers. There must be a law against underage "employment" and payments.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I agree - its a disgrace that agents are punting u16s players around just so parents and agents can get back handers. There must be a law against underage "employment" and payments.
    I see no incentive for clubs like Hibs to nurture the best of young talent if the est of our laddies are to walk out the door as soon as they turn 16.

Apologies chaps, had stuff to sort out for the wee man's school.
    Appears to be a solid win for Ashley with the SFA defence that they don't have to explain themselves to anyone let alone the likes of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Always enjoy a read of this thread & the links attached.
    There are some bright people posting on here so thanks for taking the time to contribute so others can follow what's going on.

I have a Q for said contributors:
    TRFC will desperately want to splash out in the window now they have a title race on their hands. Given everything that's going on do you think they have the ability to invest..? Or is it contingent on X,Y,Z happening..?
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

The SFA about to be hauled into court to explain part 374 of their Hun-at-all-costs strategy of rule bending *and* supposedly-a-Hun blogger John James gets through an entire article without positing anything! Happy days.

https://johnjamessite.wordpress.com/...-omnishambles/

Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    There are some bright people posting on here so thanks for taking the time to contribute so others can follow what's going on.

TRFC will desperately want to splash out in the window now they have a title race on their hands. Given everything that's going on do you think they have the ability to invest..? Or is it contingent on X,Y,Z happening..?
    They need external finance, and with all these legal bills piling up, quite a lot of it.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    The SFA should explain their decision to the wider public though.

Just shows the contempt they hold for us.
    The very latest, up to date evidence that they don't really care what the ordinary fans want, many of us want to know why King is fit and proper (not to mention his predecessors). The SFA response reeks of an old boys club, looking internally and sucking up to a chosen few with a view to keeping their personal gravy train rolling.

Hopefully a judge who will not be influenced by traditions and dubious customs and practices.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    They need external finance, and with all these legal bills piling up, quite a lot of it.

Anyone like to put a number on how much they need to get out of their hole, settle legal & other 'one offs' before they can invest in squad?
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

We can only go on what's in the public domain.

Their recent accounts said that they needed £2.5m to get to the end of the season, and that the first tranche of that would be needed in December. How much that tranche is, and what it's needed for, we don't know.

We also don't know whether they have built in a contingency for losing the case over CG's legal fees, and how much they've budgeted for their own legal fees... which just got bigger this morning.

So...on the back of all of that.... I'm thinking aloud here.... "without selling a couple of players, WTF would that money come from?"

Rangers First have said that they "might" give them £500k..... but that's very wooly.

Anything else, such as the possible boardroom changes which may lead to more investment, is speculation IMO

Without external finance, no chance.

The plan was probably to have a share issue round about now but with the ownership of the former Huns' assets likely to be in dispute for possibly years to come, that's a non-starter. So, possible sources of external finance:

- King, notable for the absence of ponying so far and probably can't get money out of SA even if he has it.

- Ashley, might've been a go-er if King had gone crawling immediately post-takeover. Instead he grandstanded and pissed Ashley off. Smart move, Kingy.

- 3 bears, have already produced substantial amounts of "soft loans" plus most of the cash to fund the takeover in the first place. These guys are rich but not super rich. They may provide enough to keep the lights on to protect their investments but that's probably about it.

Which leaves ...

- Mug Hun punters, as suggested in today's Evening Times. Expect them to be fleeced for all they're worth but that might be more of a lights-on sub than a transfer chest.

To summarise, think the Warbster will have to sell if he wants to do any buying. Should be a piece of piss for a whizz kid ex-City trader, no?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Anyone like to put a number on how much they need to get out of their hole, settle legal & other 'one offs' before they can invest in squad?
    Including Ashley (bless him) £10m short term? Assuming all the tax and NI is up to date this time.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    We can only go on what's in the public domain.

Their recent accounts said that they needed £2.5m to get to the end of the season, and that the first tranche of that would be needed in December. How much that tranche is, and what it's needed for, we don't know.

We also don't know whether they have built in a contingency for losing the case over CG's legal fees, and how much they've budgeted for their own legal fees... which just got bigger this morning.

So...on the back of all of that.... I'm thinking aloud here.... "without selling a couple of players, WTF would that money come from?"

Rangers First have said that they "might" give them £500k..... but that's very wooly.

Anything else, such as the possible boardroom changes which may lead to more investment, is speculation IMO
    They are also due £250k fine for LNS and £150k costs.

To summarise, think the Warbster will have to sell if he wants to do any buying. Should be a piece of piss for a whizz kid ex-City trader, no?
    Who are they going to sell and who to?

Apart from Wallace I don't think they have any saleable assets in that team.

Maybe Celtc could buy Halliday to keep Scott Allan company.