hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1006 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 650690695699610041005100610071008101610561106 ... LastLast
Results 30,151 to 30,180 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!

Big Tax Case

So HMRC win the big tax case. Old Co RFC are no more so no money can be recovered. But.... were Old Co directors guilty of fraud as they knowingly used an illegal scheme to avoid paying Income Tax. Can said Directors be charged with Tax Evasion ? DM could end up in the Big L with his pals Whyte, Green & King. Now that would funny

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd love to be wrong but they're not close.
    So you think they will raise the £2.5m they need to see out the season?

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    They are indeed a NEW team,dont let the cavemen from the west tell you any differently, i think it's their low intelligence level which makes them believe they are the same team.

its like your beloved pet labrador, sadly died so you get a new one, you may call it the same name however, it is infact NEW, it isn't the same dog

dirty smelly huns
    So will they now be forced in to issuing an apology to the clubs who printed in their programmes that the old rangers had died and this was a new club (or something to that affect). I remember last season The Rangers threatening legal action over any club or paper that suggested they were a new club.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    So will they now be forced in to issuing an apology to the clubs who printed in their programmes that the old rangers had died and this was a new club (or something to that affect). I remember last season The Rangers threatening legal action over any club or paper that suggested they were a new club.
    they won't admit to it bud even though everyone elses knows the script, imagine a full 2 page spread of apology from sevco in the paper, now that would be hillarious

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    So HMRC win the big tax case. Old Co RFC are no more so no money can be recovered. But.... were Old Co directors guilty of fraud as they knowingly used an illegal scheme to avoid paying Income Tax. Can said Directors be charged with Tax Evasion ? DM could end up in the Big L with his pals Whyte, Green & King. Now that would funny
    1. OldCo aren't "no more". They are still in liquidation. The judgement means that HMRC will get more of the pot than they would have if the case had gone the other way. Conversely, the smaller creditors will get less.

2. the fraud case is a possibility.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    as it says on the tin. Now we officially know they've been cheating for various honours, they need to have them stripped from their (now stopped) history. Even if not given to another club, rangers didn't earn them.
    this,this, this..won't ever happen sadly ,cos all the cowards running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    So you think they will raise the £2.5m they need to see out the season?
    It's £2.5m plus a possible £400k fine to spfl, £500k for Charlie's legal fees and Dave King and possibly Mike Ashley legal fees for contempt case in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It's £2.5m plus a possible £400k fine to spfl, £500k for Charlie's legal fees and Dave King and possibly Mike Ashley legal fees for contempt case in December.

You may be right. I'm not sure whether they have assumed all of that in their sums. Let's hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Come on Ozzy... All that's not a problem with Dave King's millions at the ready! He's rolling in it... I mean he would never lie about anything, would he?!

so this has no financial impact on Rangers because they were liquidated, fair enough so if that is the case then surely they can no longer claim to be Rangers anymore? Also funny to note the 2.5m needed to finish the season, 25 point deduction coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    so this has no financial impact on Rangers because they were liquidated, fair enough so if that is the case then surely they can no longer claim to be Rangers anymore? Also funny to note the 2.5m needed to finish the season, 25 point deduction coming up!
    .... that's a 10-pager which has been done to death a few times on here.

As it says on the tin. Now we officially know they've been cheating for various honours, they need to have them stripped from their (now stopped) history. Even if not given to another club, Rangers didn't earn them.
    Couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    It does have a financial implication.
    Through the 5 way agreement and as a result of their uses of EBTs as decreed in the Lord Nimmo Smith verdict they have to stump up 400k to the SPFL.

They don't seem to have that money just now and given their other problems it might explain my a Jambo pal of mine lumped on Hibs to win the Championship last night.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Through the 5 way agreement and as a result of their uses of EBTs as decreed in the Lord Nimmo Smith verdict they have to stump up 400k to the SPFL.

They don't seem to have that money just now and given their other problems it might explain my a Jambo pal of mine lumped on Hibs to win the Championship last night.
    I bet when the deal was stitched up, they weren't expecting the Rangers to lose the big tax case...

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    As expected....

‏@alextomo 23m23 minutes ago
    So Rangers are found to have won a series of titles whilst comprehensively cheating the tax man.
    He doesn't hang about. Good man

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post

That's still to be decided. Rangers appealled, remember.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...mith-ebt-fine/

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    So have I got this right? EBTs were a tax avoidance loophole back then but the way it was implemented - regular payments to effectively top up wages - was illegal?

What are the chances DM was innocent and did not know this? More chance of TRFC winning this season's League Cup 😀

Remember he said he was "duped" by Whyte? Yeah' right! Hopefully the upcoming court case washes that dirty linen in public, CG and CW know where those 'bodies are buried'.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    As it says on the tin. Now we officially know they've been cheating for various honours, they need to have them stripped from their (now stopped) history. Even if not given to another club, Rangers didn't earn them.
    Not that I am sticking up for them however surely they were cheating the minute they went into administration?

Same could be said for the yams, Dundee, Livi, Motherwell etc. who were paying players without having the money to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    So have I got this right? EBTs were a tax avoidance loophole back then but the way it was implemented - regular payments to effectively top up wages - was illegal?

What are the chances DM was innocent and did not know this? More chance of TRFC winning this season's League Cup 

Remember he said he was "duped" by Whyte? Yeah' right! Hopefully the upcoming court case washes that dirty linen in public, CG and CW know where those 'bodies are buried'.
    One would have to prove that SDM, and others, set out with the intention of defrauding HMRC. Given that, as EBT's were an accepted way of tax avoidance at that time, that would be difficult. RFC would say, rightly IMO, that they relied on professional advice.

What they have done is neglectful, which is an HMRC "offence". However, it's a big leap from there to it being criminal.

That's still to be decided. Rangers appealled, remember.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...mith-ebt-fine/
    I stand corrected, but looks likely a substantial fine will be delivered.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    So they need 2.5m to see the season out? I am quite sure they will pull that in via gate receipts.

Say 12 league games to go, 10,000 walk ups at £20 a pop gives you 200k per game. Will be tight however I reckon they will manage it. Unfortunately.
    Last edited by KeithTheHibby; 04-11-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Not that I am sticking up for them however surely they were cheating the minute they went into administration?

Same could be said for the yams, Dundee, Livi, Motherwell etc. who were paying players without having the money to do so?
    They were able to pay players whilst in administration, out of the funds they had available.

One would have to prove that SDM, and others, set out with the intention of defrauding HMRC. Given that, as EBT's were an accepted way of tax avoidance at that time, that would be difficult. RFC would say, rightly IMO, that they relied on professional advice.

What they have done is neglectful, which is an HMRC "offence". However, it's a big leap from there to it being criminal.
    Just to note that David Murray used EBTs in other bits of his Murray Group companies, most of whom he liquidated earlier on this year leaving only a trail of bank debt.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Is it time to create three different threads to help us keep up with all the Rangers/ Sevco stories:

1. Rangers liquidation & Big tax case.
    2. Sevco v Mash
    3. Imminent Administration of Sevco

We might need a fourth for all the other madcap stories from the Big Hoose.

By my reckoning they won the league by cheating in

2002/03 ahead of Celtic
    2004/05 ahead of Celtic
    2008/09 ahead of Celtic

The Scottish Cup in

2001/02 beating Celtic
    2002/03 beating Dundee
    2007/08 beating Queen of the South
    2008/09 beating Falkirk

The League Cup in

2001/02 beating Ayr Utd
    2002/03 beating Celtic
    2004/05 beating Motherwell
    2007/08 beating Dundee Utd

@hibs.net private member
    So they need 2.5m to see the season out? I am quite sure they will pull that in easily via gate receipts.

Say 12 league games to go, 10,000 walk ups at £20 a pop gives you 200k per game. Will be tight however I reckon they will manage it. Unfortunately.
    I would expect that they will have already included expected income from gates when calculating the shortfall just as they will have estimated expenses.

Maybe they will get more from sold strips than they estimated.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar

Does that not presume what the advice was though? Maybe they were told it was wrong and chose to ignore it? Just guessing mind

So they need 2.5m to see the season out? I am quite sure they will pull that in via gate receipts.

That's over and above receipts.

"The forecast identifies that the group will require up to £2.5m by way of debt or equity funding by the end of season
    2015/2016 in order to meet its liabilities as they fall due".

Also:-

"The forecast indicates that an initial tranche of funds will be required in December 2015."

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I would expect that they will have already included expected income from gates when calculating the shortfall just as they will have estimated expenses.

Maybe they will get more from soiled strips than they estimated.
    Sorted that for you

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    By my reckoning they won the league by cheating in

2002/03 ahead of Celtic
    2004/05 ahead of Celtic
    2008/09 ahead of Celtic

The Scottish Cup in

2001/02 beating Celtic
    2002/03 beating Dundee
    2007/08 beating Queen of the South
    2008/09 beating Falkirk

The League Cup in

2001/02 beating Ayr Utd
    2002/03 beating Celtic
    2004/05 beating Motherwell
    2007/08 beating Dundee Utd
    Personally I think trophies should be withheld. It would be unfair on clubs who were beaten in earlier rounds otherwise.