hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1358 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 35885812581308134813561357135813591360136814081458 ... LastLast
Results 40,711 to 40,740 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...ummel/?page=37

As usual, there is a clamour for an orange kit. EEB's post is in response to someone suggesting they do one in UVF colours (orange/purple).

'The reason 'we' are hated so much is because we are the biggest club in Scotland (despite our current woes). The rest can never be us. We were formed as a football club, not on sectarian principles. We acknowledge and respect our history and never try to hide it through shame.'

Well **** me with a strapon

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    'The reason 'we' are hated so much is because we are the biggest club in Scotland (despite our current woes). The rest can never be us. We were formed as a football club, not on sectarian principles. We acknowledge and respect our history and never try to hide it through shame.'

I worked with a guy who used to head up the commercial team at Rangers...they had , at the time , about 150,000 people on their customer database...they had a campaign to try to get another 100,000 on it...they engaged with their community asking them to introduce a rangers supporting friend too them..incentives offered etc...they expected at least a 50% uplift - they got under 3000 new names..

it led them to understand, not that they would publicly admit, that they are not a global fanbase club in the way Celtic are...they are dominantly supported by the west of Scotland diaspora...they are a big club in scottish terms - no doubt, but globally - nowhere near the appeal of Celtic, who have huge Irish support base across the globe, and other league's big teams, who have brands which have international cross community appeal in a way Rangers never will have.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43828476

... apparently TRFC are ‘ahead of the curve’

Difficult to believe that the fans are still swallowing this manure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post

They’re not, they’re raging about it and hurling abuse at him all over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post

Huns using 'maskirovka'. (Russian word for obfuscation/sleight of hand.)

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post

Hard to imagine who really wants to be whatever it is they are.

Thankfully there are an awful lot of people who follow them and think the same way as this guy so they can't see the direction GASL and the assorted bears etc are taking them.

Long may it continue

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    They’re not, they’re raging about it and hurling abuse at him all over the internet.

So “highly respected businessman” Alastair Johnston lives out his days as an apologist for Dave Lying King and getting abuse from the hordes.

It’s a strange retirement to choose, but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Some fair points 😅
    You obviously seem to quite like the idea of commerating something that has **** all to do with Rangers and I’m the idiot? :lol:

Seriously though people need to move on and grow up from this pish. It’s a big **** off dried in skid mark on our football club. It’s clear as ****ing day why we are hated so much. The whole Protestant Union Loyalist thing is just an escape for lonely unstable ****s. 2018 and *****s are still banging on about what happened hundreds of years ago. I’ve grown out of it, it is sad to see grown men still so heavily involved in it. Worshipping the Queen, like she gives a **** :lol:

Probably upset a fair few on here giving it its our heritage, your not a Rangers fan etc the usual when someone tells it how it is.

Educate yourselves, take a step back, replace that empty mind with open one. You’ll find your quality of life improves not sitting there just ****ing raging over a religion or some other irrelevant pish.
    Clearly some of the Sevco fans would prefer to support a football team like this guy. Many of them however seem to want to be in the KKK/Orange Order. The problem is that the jokers in charge know they can make much more money out of the facists much like Celtc (I was there) know they can make much more out of peddling the sectarian plastic paddy p1sh.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Clearly some of the Sevco fans would prefer to support a football team like this guy. Many of them however seem to want to be in the KKK/Orange Order. The problem is that the jokers in charge know they can make much more money out of the facists much like Celtc (I was there) know they can make much more out of peddling the sectarian plastic paddy p1sh.
    There are some out there. My cousin who supported the now defunct Glasgow rangers has genuinely given up on the tribute act.

He doesn't want his kids to be dragged into the sectarian hate stuff. He now takes the kids to ER and follows Scotland everywhere as well as the odd Newcastle game.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

They are absolutely spewing. Glorious.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    DR reporting that DK will make his offer next week.

According to them, there are unlikely to be too many acceptances.

Also, the new share issue will take place "within weeks, not months".

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

CWG, how feasible is it to make a few calls to significant investors, hinting at negative consequences for the company if they take up the offer?

You’d think that the logical thing would be to take the money and run, but perhaps these shareholders will be persuaded to stick by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    CWG, how feasible is it to make a few calls to significant investors, hinting at negative consequences for the company if they take up the offer?

You’d think that the logical thing would be to take the money and run, but perhaps these shareholders will be persuaded to stick by the club.
    Dunno about feasible, but it would be illegal

The DR are saying that the current share price is 27.5p, whereas the offer will be 20p. There's your "persuading" right there......

That said, anybody who makes their financial decisions based on a few lines in the Record, deserves to get shafted.

Dunno about feasible, but it would be illegal

The DR are saying that the current share price is 27.5p, whereas the offer will be 20p. There's your "persuading" right there......

TBH, anybody who makes their financial decisions based on a few lines in the Record, deserves to get shafted.

To hold on, you’ve got to be confident that King’s financial turnaround can work... and it’s based on large income from European football.

Exciting times at Ibrox!

First Team Breakthrough

Hope it’s not that soon. I’m looking forward to shouting “We’ve got an Ofir, we’ve got an Ofir, you’ve not, you’ve not.”

Ok, I’ll get my coat ...

The press is full of Steve Gerrard "locked in talks" to be their next manager stories. Another, but even less experienced, youth coach. Excellent!

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    The press is full of Steve Gerrard "locked in talks" to be their next manager stories. Another, but even less experienced, youth coach. Excellent!
    just going for the big name option eh? awful job for a 1st time manager to take, few rumours about Neil Warnock....

Quote Originally Posted by RoslinInstHibby View Post
    just going for the big name option eh? awful job for a 1st time manager to take, few rumours about Neil Warnock....
    Gerrard would shift more STs but be a disaster. Warnock would probably do ok but surely too savvy to take it?

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Gerrard would shift more STs but be a disaster. Warnock would probably do ok but surely too savvy to take it?
    bit of rangers fan by all accounts, also has a home up here....would be a mistake for him though

I think the Gerrard stories are just the usual agitprop garbage planted by Jabba’s goblins to get the daft Huns to renew whilst at the same time deflecting from the mess in the back room and on the park.
    Even assuming there was any truth to the Stevie G. stuff, if he were to do the smallest bit of due diligence/research, he would soon realise not to touch Sevco with the biggest of jobby covered sticks.
    Last edited by KerPlunk; 26-04-2018 at 09:59 AM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KerPlunk View Post
    I think the Gerrard stories are just the usual agitprop garbage planted by Jabba’s goblins to get the daft Huns to renew whilst at the same time deflecting from the mess in the back room and on the park.
    Even assuming there was any truth to the Stevie G. stuff, if he were to do the smallest bit of due diligence/research, he would soon realise not to touch Sevco with the biggest, ****t1est of sticks.
    One of the Scottish tabloid journalist was talking about him on Clyde last night
    Said there’s something in it, whether just enquiries from Rangers side
    Said also would take Gary McAllister as his assistant, if it was to happen
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 26-04-2018 at 10:02 AM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    One of the Scottish tabloid journalist was talking about him on Clyde last night
    Said there’s something in it, whether just enquiries from Tangersbside, which beggars belief
    Said also would take Gary McAllister as his assistant, if it was to happen
    Fixed that for you.

Really can't see them going with each other.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Seemingly he fell out with Rodgers at Liverpool because he was no longer an automatic starter.

"I didn’t enjoy missing big games," Gerrard told BT Sport.

"I sat on the bench against Manchester United and Real Madrid and for me, I don’t want people to remember me as a substitute, maybe that’s being a bit selfish but I’ve played for the first team for 17 years and I’ve been a key part of the team"
    "Sitting on the bench at home against Manchester United at home was tough to take as well and was probably the reason why I was sent off within 30 seconds."
    An ego driven inexperienced youth coach with a grudge that's prone to over-emotional responses? Sounds perfect.

I've no idea whether Gerard will eventually be a good manager or not, but at this stage of his career the link to Rangers must be about getting season tickets sold. His name might be attractive to top players, the available budget might not.

It takes attention away from the current big Ibrox question. Will King put money in an account this week for the share offer?

If he is appointed, will he deny his Kafflick background like Joey Barton did?

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    If he is appointed, will he deny his Kafflick background like Joey Barton did?
    He already is. Claiming he went to a Catholic school but isn't actually Catholic. Like his parents would have sent him there if he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    He already is. Claiming he went to a Catholic school but isn't actually Catholic. Like his parents would have sent him there if he wasn't.
    It's different in England as many kids go to the local Catholic school despite not being Catholic nor their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    It's different in England as many kids go to the local Catholic school despite not being Catholic nor their parents.

One of his daughters is called Lourdes.

I guess they just liked the name.

One of his daughters is called Lourdes.

I guess they just liked the name.
    The other kids are called ‘Knock’ and ‘Santiago de Compostela’.

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    It's quite common. Less of a hang-up in England about **** like that.