hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
974. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

528 54.21%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

426 43.74%
  • In favour.

20 2.05%
Page 1345 of 1379 FirstFirst ... 345845124512951335134313441345134613471355 ... LastLast
Results 40,321 to 40,350 of 41364
    The loan indicates that King isn't supplying the shortfall, estimated in the accounts at £4m, needed to get them through this season and that the other directors aren't prepared to provide further donations (investment if you're a fan).

When the concert party took over the plan was to spend a few million for a few years to gain promotion, qualify for Europe then become serious rivals to Celtic, at which point increased income from Europe and transfer profits would cover losses in domestic competition. The third step hasn't happened yet so they've a choice - put in a bit more hoping that the plan comes to fruition next season or cut spending to match costs with the concomitant risk of ticket income dropping if the bears can't see anything better than a distant second place in prospect.

The short term appointment of Murty and the loans signings with an option to buy suggest that the decision's being deferred until the summer transfer window. If they can get through a few rounds of Europa league qualifying, make even a couple of million profit on transfer sales, and get a few of the high paid flops out the door, if only on loan, then they could break even next season.

I can't see another flop like Progres and I think Morelos can be sold at a profit (though I don't believe the Chinese rumour). The strategy's risky but I don't think it's completely unrealistic. More interesting times ahead.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The loan indicates that King isn't supplying the shortfall, estimated in the accounts at £4m, needed to get them through this season and that the other directors aren't prepared to provide further donations (investment if you're a fan).

When the concert party took over the plan was to spend a few million for a few years to gain promotion, qualify for Europe then become serious rivals to Celtic, at which point increased income from Europe and transfer profits would cover losses in domestic competition. The third step hasn't happened yet so they've a choice - put in a bit more hoping that the plan comes to fruition next season or cut spending to match costs with the concomitant risk of ticket income dropping if the bears can't see anything better than a distant second place in prospect.

The short term appointment of Murty and the loans signings with an option to buy suggest that the decision's being deferred until the summer transfer window. If they can get through a few rounds of Europa league qualifying, make even a couple of million profit on transfer sales, and get a few of the high paid flops out the door, if only on loan, then they could break even next season.

I can't see another flop like Progres and I think Morelos can be sold at a profit (though I don't believe the Chinese rumour). The strategy's risky but I don't think it's completely unrealistic. More interesting times ahead.
    They also planned a share issue (read, - to fleece their gullible punters) which for one reason or another (the takeover panel ruling being the latest) they've never been able to get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post

A pretty fair analysis and that's how I see it.

Although the last paragraph - the lower down the league they finish, the earlier they'll have to start back, the harder European progression will be. Morelos may be sold at profit, but he'll need to do a bit better against defenders than he did against young Porteous last weekend for that to happen.

It is risky, and they've got as much chance of making a horse's arse of it as they have of pulling it off.

Interesting times ahead, one of the interesting things being that we may have a big say in it all. If we can consistently put results together (without the distraction of the cups) then we might bump them down the league a bit and make their job a great deal trickier.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    A pretty fair analysis and that's how I see it.

Although the last paragraph - the lower down the league they finish, the earlier they'll have to start back, the harder European progression will be. Morelos may be sold at profit, but he'll need to do a bit better against defenders than he did against young Porteous last weekend for that to happen.

It is risky, and they've got as much chance of making a horse's arse of it as they have of pulling it off.

Interesting times ahead, one of the interesting things being that we may have a big say in it all. If we can consistently put results together (without the distraction of the cups) then we might bump them down the league a bit and make their job a great deal trickier.
    They are currently at a similar level to Aberdeen who have had 4 successive failures to get to the EL groups. In fact they haven't managed to get to the final qualifying round (where the quality of teams is such that they'd almost be guaranteed to lose anyway). Their chances of getting to the group stage with a rookie manager and their current squad are remote to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    What happened to Dave Kingís money?
    What money?

Given the way that the Rand has plummeted against Sterling, I doubt it would amount to much even if he has the fortune the press seem to accept. Even if he had the cash, how is he goininggoing to get it out if South Africa?

King like Murray, Whyte, and Green before him is using other peopleís money to prop up the club. If they are being forced to go to what are effectively corporate loan sharks, this probably indicates that the cash from local mugs, sorry donors has finally dried up.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.closebrothers.com

Loads of reviews saying they're a shower of evil ****s then 3 5 star ones in the last 24 hours including one from "William Orange".

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

Loads of reviews saying they're a shower of evil ****s then 3 5 star ones in the last 24 hours including one from "William Orange".
    Hah, one from 'William Orange', one from some bloke in Paisley, and one whose 5-star review references Phil Macghiollabain, accuses people of being nonces and closes with 'No Surrender' and 'KAT'. It's actually quite impressive that the tribal loyalty extends as far as their loan sharks, even if their PR efforts are a little, umm, naive...

@hibs.net private member vince1973's Avatar

Lloyd Cross also is a notorious on line hun. The one who posted the defamatory remarks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    Hah, one from 'William Orange', one from some bloke in Paisley, and one whose 5-star review references Phil Macghiollabain, accuses people of being nonces and closes with 'No Surrender' and 'KAT'. It's actually quite impressive that the tribal loyalty extends as far as their loan sharks, even if their PR efforts are a little, umm, naive...

KAT = Kill All Taigs. Nice

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    They are currently at a similar level to Aberdeen who have had 4 successive failures to get to the EL groups. In fact they haven't managed to get to the final qualifying round (where the quality of teams is such that they'd almost be guaranteed to lose anyway). Their chances of getting to the group stage with a rookie manager and their current squad are remote to say the least.

Indeed.

Added to which, the plan which relies entirely on progress in a European competition worked so successfully last time, right enough
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Lloyd Cross also is a notorious on line hun. The one who posted the defamatory remarks.
    Did he not post the "really nasty" anti Catholic pictures and video a while back?

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    What money?

Given the way that the Rand has plummeted against Sterling, I doubt it would amount to much even if he has the fortune the press seem to accept. Even if he had the cash, how is he goininggoing to get it out if South Africa?

King like Murray, Whyte, and Green before him is using other peopleís money to prop up the club. If they are being forced to go to what are effectively corporate loan sharks, this probably indicates that the cash from local mugs, sorry donors has finally dried up.
    is it not true that the money from Kings family trust was not held in South Africa?

Also going back to the secured loan it could also be money required in addition to that specified in the accounts. Does indicate they're running out of people prepared to pony up though. Essentially they are spending next year's st money already and this lender will have no hesitation in pulling the plug, having no sentimental attachment to the club.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    is it not true that the money from Kings family trust was not held in South Africa?

Also going back to the secured loan it could also be money required in addition to that specified in the accounts. Does indicate they're running out of people prepared to pony up though. Essentially they are spending next year's st money already and this lender will have no hesitation in pulling the plug, having no sentimental attachment to the club.
    To be honest and no derogatory pun intended, I think close bros are knees deep in it already. Funny how their name keeps appearing ...

@hibs.net private member vince1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Did he not post the "really nasty" anti Catholic pictures and video a while back?
    Probably, I have removed myself from both Twitter and Facebook so not seen much recently but Cross is a particularly nasty online hun, a classic troll and an evil human being. I am sure his post will be removed as it is defamatory.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Deansy's Avatar
    More evidence substantiating the Huns claim that Morelos is valued at £8m -

(apologies if already posted)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/43026710

What a belter !!

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    More evidence substantiating the Huns claim that Morelos is valued at £8m -

(apologies if already posted)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/43026710

What a belter !!
    Nowhere near as bad a miss as the one his fellow huns striker had at Starks Park last season.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Nowhere near as bad a miss as the one his fellow huns striker had at Starks Park last season.
    Well yes but his team mates value is about 8 bob, not 8 million.........

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Probably, I have removed myself from both Twitter and Facebook so not seen much recently but Cross is a particularly nasty online hun, a classic troll and an evil human being. I am sure his post will be removed as it is defamatory.
    Without wishing to hijack the thread, I have been thinking of doing the same for a while, so can I ask why you did that? And how are you getting on?

@hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Couple articles with copies of their new loan agreement.
    https://thecelticblog.com/2018/02/bl...-of-directors/
    https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/0...ficant-lender/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Couple articles with copies of their new loan agreement.
    https://thecelticblog.com/2018/02/bl...-of-directors/
    https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/0...ficant-lender/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not a loan agreement. It's the document registering the security that Close Brothers have.

I don't agree with Phil's assertion that it's a loan. The document clearly refers to the "facility".

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's not a loan agreement. It's the document registering the security that Close Brothers have.

I don't agree with Phil's assertion that it's a loan. The document clearly refers to the "facility".

Whatís the difference, as both will have to be paid back?

As in a "secured revolver" credit facility?

Coaching Staff
    Canít believe it is six years since they went into administration

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Whatís the difference, as both will have to be paid back?
    A facility is like an overdraft. You don't need to draw on it if you don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    As in a "secured revolver" credit facility?
    ...with every chamber loaded

Coaching Staff
    ...with every chamber loaded

So he is wrong about the loan but is he right they are a busted flush?

A facility is like an overdraft. You don't need to draw on it if you don't need it.

You really think they won't draw it down?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    So he is wrong about the loan but is he right they are a busted flush?
    I have no idea if they are. I'm not party to their internal records, and I'm not sure he is either.

However, he has based his conclusion on an incorrect assumption. Both his and the Celtic blog have put their green glasses on here, I reckon.

Coaching Staff
    I have no idea if they are. I'm not party to their internal records, and I'm not sure he is either.

However, he has based his conclusion on an incorrect assumption. Both his and the Celtic blog have put their green glasses on here, I reckon.

Damn. Was looking forward to a good nights sleep dreaming of them going into admin again.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    You really think they won't draw it down?
    I don't know. My point is that Phil et al are running about accusing RFC of lying, with all the implications of that. That document says to me that they're not lying.

In some ways, an overdraft could be worse for them if they draw all of it. It would be repayable on demand. A loan wouldn't be, as long as the repayment schedule was kept to.