hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1193 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 19369310931143118311911192119311941195120312431293 ... LastLast
Results 35,761 to 35,790 of 44390

Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really understand why they are so wedded to trying to get rid of pre-emption rights of existing shareholders. I am sure that Big Mike would take up his allocation so as long as King and his pals take up their allocation then their power base is undiminished. Unless that is, King doesn't want to or can't afford to put more money in..
    They want to be able to create and sell shares to select people at any price they like without offering them to Ashley.
    They have permission to do a normal share issue now, the problem is that Ashley would participate while some shareholders (McCoist, Smith etc) would not and Ashley's share of the company would go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ozyhibby; 11-01-2017 at 04:05 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    They want to be able to create and sell shares to select people at any price they like without offering them to Ashley.
    They have permission to do a normal share issue now, the problem is that Ashley would participate while some shareholders (McCoist, Smith etc) would not and Ashley's share of the company would go up.

isn't Ashley limited to under 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Unfortunately I tend to disagree. You can absolutely guarantee that rangers will be the 2nd highest spenders on transfers and wages in Scotland and even though they will certainly have less to spend than Celtic, if they get the right manager in place, who relies on clever transfer buys and quality football rather than a magic hat, then they have every chance of pipping celtic to a title in the next few years. Leicester did it last year against maybe 14 teams who spent more than them. Rodgers seems to be doing a pretty decent job for Celtic at the moment, but one day soon he will leave and they may well make the wrong appointment to replace him and lose a couple of key players at the same time. it's a horrible thought but they will win stuff in the future...not as much as Celtic..but stuff.
    Leicester was a hundred year event, the Huns have slightly higher expectations. The Hun Hoards have zero patience and outrageous sense of self-importance. They ar a Peepl, after all. If the Sevco Board came out with a cohesive plan that showed Sevco competing effectively for the title with Celtic in 4 to 5 years times, there would be a riot. Celtic have so much headroom, structurally and financially, that they could afford to mess up big time and still stumble their way to the CL pot of gold. In terms of personnel, I doubt there is 1 Sevco player who would get in the Celtic side. The marginal cost of getting from best of the rest to title winners (against a determined Celtic) is huge and could easily bust Sevco, if they could even get their hands on that amount of cash. Watching them gnash their teeth over the next 4 or 5 years with the odd League Cup win should be hilarious.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Don't understand why the the huns don't get Fergus McCann in to sort them out, just as he did at Celtc. They've never looked back.
    And Fergus looked both ways at the same time.

I can see the green half of West of Scotland FC passing the Hybrid Half (Rangers and Sevco) on all titles won, then there will be trouble.
    Last edited by high bee; 11-01-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    isn't Ashley limited to under 10%?
    No, I don't think so. That was a gentlemens agreement I think.
    He would only increases his percentage if others did not take part in the fundraising, something he would not know about until afterwards.
    Besides, the SFA are pretty toothless.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Not about time we closed this thread.Supposed to be hibs web site

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    we should really start a new thread when insolvency 2 occurs, otherwise it will just become confusing.

Anyone know why the ten in a row thing is being linked with The Rangers? They've not won a single title yet so don't know why it concerns them. Will be many a year before they'll even win two in a row never mind nine or ten.

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Anyone know why the ten in a row thing is being linked with The Rangers? They've not won a single title yet so don't know why it concerns them. Will be many a year before they'll even win two in a row never mind nine or ten.

It's Celtic winning ten in a row that has then wetting their panties. Beats their nine in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    It's Celtic winning ten in a row that has then wetting their panties. Beats their nine in a row.

I think the point was that they haven't won any titles yet, but I suppose it depends on your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    I would counter by saying 1 thread, albeit a huge one, that has held 99% of all things sevco related is pretty good considering all that they've been up to.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I would counter by saying 1 thread, albeit a huge one, that has held 99% of all things sevco related is pretty good considering all that they've been up to.
    Agree, useful thread which many enjoy having a pop at the the huns on.

There must be another one that is also disliked that could be closed down instead😉

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Exactly..the law us there to stop unscrupulous owners from shafting minority shareholders...who would have Glib & Shameless would be trying to take away that protection. And Sally and Uncle Walt are free to do their bit for the club they love!!

Blog Entries
    Agreed. I propose we close down after 1690 pages!

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    No, I don't think so. That was a gentlemens agreement I think.
    I thought I'd read it somewhere - it was an agreement he signed up to and they knocked him back when he asked for more: https://www.theguardian.com/football...gers-stake-sfa
    I wonder how many other shareholders in clubs have had to sign up to agreements by the SFA.

He would only increases his percentage if others did not take part in the fundraising, something he would not know about until afterwards.
    Besides, the SFA are pretty toothless.

Aint that the truth.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    This is part of their problem. Nobody is willing to lend to them. Unless it's at really onerous rates and terms.

Cash Converters anyone.......?
    Or Mrs Budge. Done it down PBS way !

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

This thread is brilliant. Since Feb 2012 and still going. What a saga!

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Or Mrs Budge. Done it down PBS way !
    Hyacinth Budge, for all her faults, is a million miles from King and Co. She has an element of trust and reliability about her. Not qualities that are in even modest quantities down Ibrox way.

Budge is taking them kicking and screaming into the land of harsh reality. King and his mouthpieces want someone else to stump up their cash to buy Hun2 some glory. Knowing full well that nobody but nobody would lend them a tenner.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    The day was when Rangers had home gates of 7000 or so. That is their real core support. Recent support has been good just because of them thinking they were hard done by (!). So I agree with your view.

There is little chance of them winning the league in near future and that will eat away at their gates, coz nothing but being the best will do, and they do not have the means to do it!
    Old Rangers lowest average attendance in the last 50 years was 17,969 in season 1982-1983 which was just below their average for the previous season of 18,519. 1981-1982 also saw a home league attendance of 6,000 versus St. Mirren.

These were the only two seasons that Old Rangers average attendance fell below 20,000 since the mid 1930's and their average gate, old and new, has not been under 32,000 for thirty years. Its only been under 40,000 once in the last 25 years. (32,798 in 2014-2015)
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 11-01-2017 at 11:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Old Rangers lowest average attendance in the last 50 years was 17,969 in season 1982-1983 which was just below their average for the previous season of 18,519. 1981-1982 also saw a home league attendance of 6,000 versus St. Mirren.

These were the only two seasons that Old Rangers average attendance fell below 20,000 since the mid 1930's and their average gate, old and new, has not been under 32,000 for thirty years. Its only been under 40,000 once in the last 25 years. (32,798 in 2014-2015)
    What a *****y home support

Left by mutual consent!

Some very interesting 'MINIMUM Home Attendances' though, over a 15 year-period between 1970-1985-86 - 85-86 saw the arrival of the Lawrence Group and the big-money which in turn, increased the number of 'Loyals' who DIDN'T attend previously when they 'Played-within-their-means' - I.E won nowt !!

http://www.fitbastats.com/rangers/cl...attendance.php

A home gate of 4,000 in the 1971-72 season is puzzling for 'One of the biggest clubs in the world'

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Some very interesting 'MINIMUM Home Attendances' though, over a 15 year-period between 1970-1985-86 - 85-86 saw the arrival of the Lawrence Group and the big-money which in turn, increased the number of 'Loyals' who DIDN'T attend previously when they 'Played-within-their-means' - I.E won nowt !!

http://www.fitbastats.com/rangers/cl...attendance.php

A home gate of 4,000 in the 1971-72 season is puzzling for 'One of the biggest clubs in the world'
    All clubs had low attendances at times for a variety of reasons. My point was that over the piece Old Rangers support has generally transferred to Sevco with that drop a couple of years ago which co-incided with a bout of infighting at the new club.

Getting supporters in the door is not going to be reason for their woes, as it was not the cause of their predecessor's downfall. If they dont get closer to Celtic though, the entertainment value for the rest of us will increase dramatically.

Maybe so for averages, but they did hit some individual real lows as other posters have also pointed out. Remember the average will have been greatly boosted by sell out games v Celtic, Hibs, Hearts etc. But when they were struggling, they did often have gates of well less than 10,000.
    I was just pointing out if they start to sell less season tickets year on year due to not competing with Celtic then that might happen again.

All clubs had low attendances at times for a variety of reasons. My point was that over the piece Old Rangers support has generally transferred to Sevco with that drop a couple of years ago which co-incided with a bout of infighting at the new club.

Getting supporters in the door is not going to be reason for their woes, as it was not the cause of their predecessor's downfall. If they dont get closer to Celtic though, the entertainment value for the rest of us will increase dramatically.
    Well I agree that the chances are this thread will continue to provide good value!

Left by mutual consent!

Sorry, I wasn't arguing or finding fault with your post, it was more to highlight the difference between a Hun with NO money and a Hun WITH money. When you hear/read some of their guff, it's like the pre-'Lawrence Group' days didn't even exist and they've played to full houses ever since their inception(s) !

Same problem exists over at the PBS !

They are now having to manage within their own resources for the first time since 1986.
    The fans are only seeing this year what that exactly means. If their crowds drop anywhere near to the 30k mark its curtains. The have far bigger overheads now than previously when crowds have went that low.
    Selling season tickets this summer is going to be tricky. The fans won't fall for #goingfor55. They see how far behind they are and signing teenagers who have never played first team football will never cut the gap. They won't be able bring in another Joey Barton name signing as they don't have the cash and the fans know now they need better quality than that. Interesting times ahead.

They are now having to manage within their own resources for the first time since 1986.
    The fans are only seeing this year what that exactly means. If their crowds drop anywhere near to the 30k mark its curtains. The have far bigger overheads now than previously when crowds have went that low.
    Selling season tickets this summer is going to be tricky. The fans won't fall for #goingfor55. They see how far behind they are and signing teenagers who have never played first team football will never cut the gap. They won't be able bring in another Joey Barton name signing as they don't have the cash and the fans know now they need better quality than that. Interesting times ahead.

Sums up their problems very clearly, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    Maybe so for averages, but they did hit some individual real lows as other posters have also pointed out. Remember the average will have been greatly boosted by sell out games v Celtic, Hibs, Hearts etc. But when they were struggling, they did often have gates of well less than 10,000.
    I was just pointing out if they start to sell less season tickets year on year due to not competing with Celtic then that might happen again.

Actually, the only time they hung out the sold-out signs in the early 80s was against Celtc.

The attendances against the likes of Hibs were pretty dire.

e.g. My first ever visit to Ibrox was in October 1982 and I just looked up the attendance: 16,250 (TBF, the 250 was probably the number of Hibs Fans)
    Last edited by Keith_M; 12-01-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Actually, the only time they hung out the sold-out signs in the early 80s was against Celtc.

The attendances against the likes of Hibs were pretty dire.

e.g. My first ever visit to Ibrox was in October 1982 and I just looked up the attendance: 16,250 (TBF, the 250 was probably the number of Hibs Fans)
    Where arapeepul?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUU4XAiMHfo