hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1480 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 480980138014301470147814791480
Results 44,371 to 44,390 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard Emmanuelle 1 to 5.

If the Old Firm game allegation is true I'm guessing he's actually a Celtic fan as the other whopping single day's charges occurred on the day they beat us at ER in late December.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post

If the Old Firm game allegation is true I'm guessing he's actually a Celtic fan as the other whopping single day's charges occurred on the day they beat us at ER in late December.
    Oh dear, if true. If he was a supporter of the other tribe he would get away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    According to the BBC gossip Magic Hat Breadman has "Opened up on Rangers departure" Did the fanny ever congratulate Hibs on winning the trophy or was he too busy organising the Ibrox Party that the polis all disapeared to after 80 minutes?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’d always assumed that Lee Rigby’s parents wished to distance themselves from those who used their sons name for political point scoring.

Now they are doing some kind of mini tour around *** pubs in Scotland and giving fans the chance to take some souvenir photos? I wonder if they actually know what they’re getting themselves into.

(Unless this has gone right over my head and it’s some sort of parody)

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’d always assumed that Lee Rigby’s parents wished to distance themselves from those who used their sons name for political point scoring.

Now they are doing some kind of mini tour around *** pubs in Scotland and giving fans the chance to take some souvenir photos? I wonder if they actually know what they’re getting themselves into.

“Photo opportunity”. Honesty, WTF? That’s horrendous.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    “Photo opportunity”. Honesty, WTF? That’s horrendous.
    The world is broken, why would anyone want a "photo-opportunity" with the parents of a murder victim ? Why Would the Parents be doing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    The world is broken, why would anyone want a "photo-opportunity" with the parents of a murder victim ? Why Would the Parents be doing it ?
    To raise money for their foundation but yes, I know what you mean.

AOCB went down well at their AGM

In the meantime, fans were given the floor after opening statements from the top table to ask the main figures about everything from the form on the park to transfer budgets, injuries and the atmosphere at Ibrox itself.

Other topics included fans leaving games too early, a potential singing section - and the club's commitment to attaining net zero.

The last of those questions was the one that led to consternation in the room, when the fan used his slot in the Q&A to bring up the environment.

The fan asked: "Will Rangers comply with net zero?"

The question was met with derision by others in the room and amidst the already intense atmosphere, the fan proceeded to get up and walk out whilst chanting "No surrender" as other supporters attempted to shout him down.

Chairman John Bennett paused for quiet and said in response: "We are all on the journey to net zero and Rangers are on that journey and have a part to play too."

AOCB went down well at their AGM

In the meantime, fans were given the floor after opening statements from the top table to ask the main figures about everything from the form on the park to transfer budgets, injuries and the atmosphere at Ibrox itself.

Other topics included fans leaving games too early, a potential singing section - and the club's commitment to attaining net zero.

The last of those questions was the one that led to consternation in the room, when the fan used his slot in the Q&A to bring up the environment.

The fan asked: "Will Rangers comply with net zero?"

The question was met with derision by others in the room and amidst the already intense atmosphere, the fan proceeded to get up and walk out whilst chanting "No surrender" as other supporters attempted to shout him down.

Chairman John Bennett paused for quiet and said in response: "We are all on the journey to net zero and Rangers are on that journey and have a part to play too."
    No surprises that the Sevco fans are both opposed to anything green and incapable of rational thought.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    No surprises that the Sevco fans are both opposed to anything green and incapable of rational thought.
    In a way I'd love them to really go for the Net Zero thing. Put solar panels all over ibrox etc...can you imagine if they accidentally won the "Greenest Club in Britain" award !!

For a support that goes on so much about bears, surprising lack of concern for the Polar variety…

Cue further meltdown as Orange parade blocked by Council's unanimous vote........
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx0zdv0je1do
    Let's hope it's the start of a trend.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In the current political climate, it is a terrorist hate march and should be branded that by the politicians. There is no place for the orange order in a civilised tolerant society.

The parade was to mark the opening of a new Orange Lodge in the area, which members of the Lodge stated was due to there being "significant interest" in the group.

Any “new” Orange Lodge being set up in 2024 is not being set up on religious grounds for the promotion of Protestantism and to live a life on the principles of The Refirmation.

Basically being set up as an extension of a Rangers club for like minded NE based Huns as an outlet to promote hate and sectarianism.

Well done to to the Aberdeen councillors and Stonehaven residents who saw through right through these clowns from the outset.

It’s another example of how hard Rangers fans are trying now to prove how “staunch” a fan they are. There was once a time when they just went to games, sang some songs about King Billy and called folk fenians and then went home and that was it till the next week.The “This how much a Rangers fan I am” stuff has ramped up quite considerably since their liquidation and route back through the leagues. Royalism, Armed Forces, Unionism, Loyalism, Orangeism - They were not the nicest people pre liquidation, but the new incarnation is a much more bitter and hate filled incarnation of Rangers.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 06-03-2024 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Cue further meltdown as Orange parade blocked by Council's unanimous vote........
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cx0zdv0je1do
    Let's hope it's the start of a trend.
    There’s been several attempts to run orange marches in the North East. Last time in Aberdeen saw the handful of marchers abandoning it and cowering in a pub after a less than friendly reception from the locals. I see the plum behind it is trying to get a local Orange lodge going. No chance, the last one was little more than a mailbox. Imported west coast bigotry just won’t be tolerated up there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The parade was to mark the opening of a new Orange Lodge in the area, which members of the Lodge stated was due to there being "significant interest" in the group.

Any “new” Orange Lodge being set up in 2024 is not being set up on religious grounds for the promotion of Protestantism and to live a life on the principles of The Refirmation.

Basically being set up as an extension of a Rangers club for like minded NE based Huns as an outlet to promote hate and sectarianism.

Well done to to the Aberdeen councillors and Stonehaven residents who saw through right through these clowns from the outset.

It’s another example of how hard Rangers fans are trying now to prove how “staunch” a fan they are. There was once a time when they just went to games, sang some songs about King Billy and called folk fenians and then went home and that was it till the next week.The “This how much a Rangers fan I am” stuff has ramped up quite considerably since their liquidation and route back through the leagues. Royalism, Armed Forces, Unionism, Loyalism, Orangeism - They were not the nicest people pre liquidation, but the new incarnation is a much more bitter and hate filled incarnation of Rangers.

Absolutely,they have become far worse and do not even attempt now to hide their bile.

Looks like it’s just one of the parents in attendance.

@hibs.net private member
    Felt so sorry for the Huns manager in the press conference before their match against Benfica tonight. He was moaning about how big a budget his opponents had and how injuries to his small squad affected them more than the big club Benfica.

They obviously punch above their weight against the bigger clubs like Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen here in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Felt so sorry for the Huns manager in the press conference before their match against Benfica tonight. He was moaning about how big a budget his opponents had and how injuries to his small squad affected them more than the big club Benfica.

They obviously punch above their weight against the bigger clubs like Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen here in Scotland
    Could you imagine how the poor Huns would cope against the financial juggernaut of Motherwell?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

They don’t do irony but they do do walking away.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire