hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 188 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 881381781861871881891901982382886881188 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 44390
    anyone else the advert from hm revenue and customes between posts on that site

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "The source said the transfer ban would make it almost impossible for Rangers to field a competitive team next season, and that could have a serious impact on gate receipts and sponsorship revenues.
    It would also seriously hinder Rangers' chances of the early return to European competition that they so badly need to balance their books."

This is the bit that annoyed me the most. Its almost as if there is a god given right for them to be in Europe!?

Who cares about their chances of fielding a competitive team, they have cheated scottish football and other businesses alike. I am sure they wont be crying about rangers battling it out in the bottom 6?
    I'll be sure to break out my teeny tiny violin for them.

So the admins are apparently still basing their business plan for the club on European football are they? Clearly nobody at Ibrox has learned a damn thing!

It's time HMRC got their own guys in there!

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Don't do walking away? Funny that, Ibrox is half empty after 80 minutes even when they're winning...

They'd soon be wishing they could walk away at the very least if they chained themselves to turnstiles at Hampden. Have they no idea what would happen to them with 30,000 Hibees descending on the area...

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    So, the SFA have done all they could do in the circumstances and handed down maximum penalties. Actually I think this is smoke and mirrors. The SFA must be walking the thinnest of tight ropes right now between trying to look after their beloved and perceived cash-cow, Rangers but on the other hand they have Fans Groups, UEFA and FIFA breathing down their necks. So they have created the smoke screen by issuing the maximum fine and banning transfers.

The authorities are also under enormous pressure from fans groups and the very excellent Fans Survey. So they can now argue that Rangers have been punished more than enough so would the fans mind terribly taking a more lenient view and stop minding if a Newco is allowed straight in to the top flight. I want to see how this mess pans out before I get all euphoric about the SFA having grown a set.
    This is how I (cynically) interpret this latest news.

These tough sanctions give the authorities greater leeway now to allow a Rangers newco back into the SPL.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    On what grounds

Can't see the SFA stepping on Lord Nimmo's toes to be honest
    Cal me a cynic but a cab rank system made up of ex officials, administrators, ex managers and former players does not inspire faith in me that Rangers will be punished like it has been by an independant panel. The 'establishment' does still exist.

I think the appeal panel will be Walter Smith, Hugh Dallas & Derek Johnstone

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Cal me a cynic but a cab rank system made up of ex officials, administrators, ex managers and former players does not inspire faith in me that Rangers will be punished like it has been by an independant panel. The 'establishment' does still exist.
    I'm not sure who was on the committee that handed out this punishment, but I do know that Lord Nimmo Smith was on it, who else? just out of interest!! ....

They (sfa & spl) don't normally like to criticise their own procedures so it will be interesting to see what happens now with "the circus"
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 24-04-2012 at 02:23 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I'm not sure who was on the committee that handed out this punishment, but I do know that Lord Nimmo Smith was on it, who else? just out of interest!! ....

They (sfe & spl) don't normally like to criticise their own procedures so it will be interesting to see what happens now with "the circus"
    The appeal hearing should not just listen to Duff and Duffer's pleadings for soft treatment for the Huns. The football clubs who have been ripped off by Rangers should have their say too.

Give Vlad a platform and maybe the embargo could be increased to 2 years.

Also is it not these creditors that should be Duff and Phelps main concern not how good a team Rangers will be a year down the line.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    "The source said the transfer ban would make it almost impossible for Rangers to field a competitive team next season, and that could have a serious impact on gate receipts and sponsorship revenues.
    It would also seriously hinder Rangers' chances of the early return to European competition that they so badly need to balance their books."

This is the bit that annoyed me the most. Its almost as if there is a god given right for them to be in Europe!?

Who cares about their chances of fielding a competitive team, they have cheated scottish football and other businesses alike. I am sure they wont be crying about rangers battling it out in the bottom 6?
    Welcome to the real world Mr hun.

"The source said the transfer ban would make it almost impossible for Rangers to field a competitive team next season, and that could have a serious impact on gate receipts and sponsorship revenues."
    I am sure that the team that Rangers could put out would be more than competitive in Division Three of the SFL.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    They can **** right off. Its the Salt & Sauce Cup Final. Nae Vinegar allowed!!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post

You know what i hope that goes ahead and those idiots serve up a timely reminder to everyone as to why we are better off without them.

First Team Breakthrough swazzie's Avatar
    Sorry if posted already, but if this flier is for real it's a work of genius

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_backgr...PBCQAEmP4w.jpg

Down with impartial punishment

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swazzie View Post

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    It's quite frightening reading how Rangers fans see the club as untouchable and beyond reproach.
    They are due £135m in amongst that is football debts, PAYE and VAT. Their owner disregards previous SFA instruction. The administrators say that somehow, dispite the debts, they MUST be able to buy players.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs
    I'm all for a hun to be padlocked at every turnstyle, that would be fun.
    This could catch on. Something to kick on the way into the ground. Better still handcuff them to the toilets. Something to wipe your *rse on. Would save Hibs a fortune in bog roll. The 'tache would approve I'm sure.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    It's quite frightening reading how Rangers fans see the club as untouchable and beyond reproach.
    They are due £135m in amongst that is football debts, PAYE and VAT. Their owner disregards previous SFA instruction. The administrators say that somehow, dispite the debts, they MUST be able to buy players.
    But... but... PAUL!.... don't you understand?

they're the "People"........ apparently

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    This could catch on. Something to kick on the way into the ground. Better still handcuff them to the toilets. Something to wipe your *rse on. Would save Hibs a fortune in bog roll. The 'tache would approve I'm sure.
    Wouldn't want to get my a*se dirtier and you would definately catch something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    ''If 50 of us could get tickets for the game , at diffrent entrances , we could handcuff ourselves to the turnstiles in a silent protest. Like the suffragettes did trying to get votes for women''

Oh my days

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

They (sfa & spl) don't normally like to criticise their own procedures so it will be interesting to see what happens now with "the circus"
    Alex Thomson says -

Scottish FA stressing to me that it's an independent inquiry that's punished RFC and appeal is to SFA prob chaired by judge/QC

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Bear could be leaving the big blue house soon
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Alex Thomson says -

Scottish FA stressing to me that it's an independent inquiry that's punished RFC and appeal is to SFA prob chaired by judge/QC
    Anyone else sense a backtrack??

Quote Originally Posted by swazzie View Post

I think that might be even worse than 'Celtc'

Utter Morons

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Alex Thomson says -

Probably Donald Findlay...

Blog Entries
    I feel its important in position things are...the good outcome of panel...and current bleating by D&P / Fans that we remind ourselves and any rangers fans / those backing soft approach of the following.

Administration is for the benefit of CREDITORS...the future of the 'business' that has got in trouble is only of importance in so far as it can serve best interests of the CREDITORS.....a CVA with USA Willy / Baron Knights etc putting in 12m is of far less value to the CREDITORS than liquidation....as even in a fire sale more than that will be raised for the CREDITORS...the argument that HMRC would want to save business for future revenue and so have to balance view of previous debts against this is frankly rubbish...yes it might carry sway in a traditional business that will never re-start...but we all know that that the Buns fans will want / have some form of club ongoing and tax can / will be got from that.....

So lets take every opportunity to remind people that this is about the CREDITIORS of a company that has failed to pay its way for years and not contributed fully to the hospitals / schools / welfare etc etc that the rest of us tax payers have, and has left these CREDITORS (remember the list!) some very small local businesses suffering due to greed and mis-management at best and down right illegality at worst...

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    With the transfer embargo in place can we now put to bed the GoC to Rangers rumours?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The SFA finally have a chance to prove it is they that Govern Scottish football and not other self interested parties. Over to you Mr Regan.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 24-04-2012 at 04:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Stewart Regan on SFA website:

Rangers have been part of the fabric of Scottish football’s history and are integral to its future prosperity

Maybe.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...36&newsID=9731