hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1375 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 37587512751325136513731374137513761377138514251475 ... LastLast
Results 41,221 to 41,250 of 44390
    Testimonial Due
    Top quality nonsense written by a deluded buffoon who doesn’t know how to use apostrophes, commas and full stops.

The establishment must be so proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

A nod’s as good as a wink to a blind Hun.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't Roman Bednar watch the Hearts-Hibs SFA Cup Semi-final from the Hibs end while he was injured?
    Yes, he did. On the way to and from the ground, there was only one Hibby out of the 1000s who said anything negative!
    Last edited by Wee Effen Bee; 22-05-2018 at 09:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Not unrelated....

https://www.google.com/amp/www.skysp...ir-play-breach

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Not unrelated....

https://www.google.com/amp/www.skysp...ir-play-breach

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Interestingly it appears other clubs are still under investigation this year with mid June seen as some kind of deadline. Sevco were aiming for their share offer to be done by mid June although that has went a bit quite.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post

'The establishment is back'

That end-line just says something we all knew anyway - the Hun are proud of the fact that their club depends on bent/biased officials !

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    It's like eskimos having 50 words for snow. Huns have 50 pejorative terms for Roman Catholics.

I'm convinced Ibrox is a giant bigotry multiplier. You take a small problem in West Central Scottish society, feed it into a large stadium via a vociferously loud group of ********s and before you know it, you've got folk from all over Scotland who wouldn't know an orange sash from an orange tic-tac giving it fenian this and fenian that.

The best thing that could happen to Scotland would be Sevco going out of business and taking the "Rangers" brand with them into the grave for good.
    I spent a few minutes on the Rangers Media "Bears Den" website. It makes FF seem like the Sunday Post !

The taig / tarrier / fenian / bead rattler chat (some of it directed against their own Catholic players including their youth teams) is everywhere but what is really scary are the threats of what they would want to do to certain "Taigs"

Nowhere is any of it questioned or challenged by any of the "decent" The Rangers fans.

I don't know the laws about online hate speak but id be interested to see how the authorities would deal with a forum that was consistently anti semitic or Islamaphobic.

i agree your theory that Ibrox is a bigotry multiplier.

My views that The Rangers aren't part of a society problem but perpetuate a problem that would have largely disappeared if they didn't exist.

Cities like Liverpool and Manchester had similar immigrations to Glasgow and had sectarian issues on their streets up to the mid 20th century. While folk in those cities are still proud of their cultural heritages the sectarian thing has mainly disappeared.

https://bbc.in/2rZHzAu
    More about Milan. Their case is very similar to Sevco in that there is uncertainty about refinancing of a loan. That is exactly the problem sevco have.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    https://bbc.in/2rZHzAu
    More about Milan. Their case is very similar to Sevco in that there is uncertainty about refinancing of a loan. That is exactly the problem sevco have.

I'm not sure they are exactly the same.

RFC know what they want to do to repay the loans, and have plans to do so. It's the pesky Court of Session that is preventing them. Milan's issues seem to be much deeper and more difficult.

Phil Mac reporting/speculating/making up* that Alastair Johnston is set to resign and wants his money back. Don't think he was in for a huge amount but every little hurts.

* delete to taste

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    I spent a few minutes on the Rangers Media "Bears Den" website. It makes FF seem like the Sunday Post !

The taig / tarrier / fenian / bead rattler chat (some of it directed against their own Catholic players including their youth teams) is everywhere but what is really scary are the threats of what they would want to do to certain "Taigs"

Nowhere is any of it questioned or challenged by any of the "decent" The Rangers fans.

I don't know the laws about online hate speak but id be interested to see how the authorities would deal with a forum that was consistently anti semitic or Islamaphobic.

i agree your theory that Ibrox is a bigotry multiplier.

My views that The Rangers aren't part of a society problem but perpetuate a problem that would have largely disappeared if they didn't exist.

Cities like Liverpool and Manchester had similar immigrations to Glasgow and had sectarian issues on their streets up to the mid 20th century. While folk in those cities are still proud of their cultural heritages the sectarian thing has mainly disappeared.
    Totally agree. The lack of any sort of moderating of these sites firstly by the people that run them and then Police or other bodies is utterly shameful.

Skrtel's agent says the New Huns can't afford him:

"Rangers are interested in Martin, I personally talked to Steven Gerrard about this possibility, but he is dealing with financial affairs and Martin has sincerely said that it would be an honour for him to play under Gerrard's leadership for some three years, but now there are complex financial matters that are too far apart to find a compromise, "he said.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Skrtel's agent says the New Huns can't afford him:
    I'm guessing that an EBT isn't on the table then.

Phil Mac reporting/speculating/making up* that Alastair Johnston is set to resign and wants his money back. Don't think he was in for a huge amount but every little hurts.

* delete to taste
    He is also saying that two other resignations have been Parked (if you read his stuff you will know what that means) until July and if that's true there will be a pretty empty Blue Room on meeting days.......

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I'm guessing that an EBT isn't on the table then.
    They gave all the money to Alves Barton and krancjaers pension funds

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    He is also saying that two other resignations have been Parked (if you read his stuff you will know what that means) until July and if that's true there will be a pretty empty Blue Room on meeting days.......
    Park is a big shareholder is he not...might be tempted by Kings 21p offer that he’s gonna have to make (at some point surely!)

I'd rather they wasted the lion's share of their war chest on a hot headed 33 year old.

Rangers and their spending power remain a threat to us when it comes to signing up our loan and out of contract players.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Park is a big shareholder is he not...might be tempted by Kings 21p offer that he’s gonna have to make (at some point surely!)
    I'm sceptical that the sums of money are such that Park would regard it as a windfall given how much cash he has tossed into the black hole already.

CWG will know better than me, but I would imagine they are more interested in distancing themselves from King than recouping the money - allowing their half witted fans to think that they are taking money out of Sevco will have more consequences for them than it will for Alistair Johnston who is across the Atlantic.....

Park can’t sell anyway. He’s part of the concert party. King only has to offer for the shares outwith the concert party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Park can’t sell anyway. He’s part of the concert party. King only has to offer for the shares outwith the concert party.

Oh well that's better yet. He could sell if King wanted to buy them I guess but that's not going to happen. Walking away and in all probability losing his money too - it's the Sevco way.......

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Isn't there quite a difference (in terms of the books) if the loans are from directors (as they are at present) or if they were to become 'external loans to non board members (if Johnston and Park join Paul Murray in resigning from the board)?

That could tip UEFA against them..

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Isn't there quite a difference (in terms of the books) if the loans are from directors (as they are at present) or if they were to become 'external loans to non board members (if Johnston and Park join Paul Murray in resigning from the board)?

That could tip UEFA against them..
    I read somewhere that UEFA will make all decisions on FFF by mid June so if they stay on until July will that not help Sevco?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    They reeeaaalllly hate us.
    Celtic are not currently a rival..so as we play in Green & White and are the original greens...they transfer their hate to us. A few on the Den' actually describe Hibs as the favourite away game..

Left by mutual consent!
    The 'Scotsman' takes another step closer to being the East Coast version of the 'Daily Rectum' by playing up to the Hun's orange-strip fantasy ..................

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...atch-1-4744059

'And now fans are hopeful that an orange and blue kit might become a reality for the Ibrox club'

All for the Hun £ !
    Last edited by Deansy; 24-05-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    The 'Scotsman' takes another step closer to being the East Coast version of the 'Daily Rectum' by playing up to the Hun's orange-strip fantasy ..................

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...atch-1-4744059

'And now fans are hopeful that an orange and blue kit might become a reality for the Ibrox club'

All for the Hun £ !
    Don't see it that way at all, and it's quite funny given it's the currant buns and their obsession with that particular (see what I did there!) colour.

It's just a football story about a team from the west. If it was a Marmaris store selling dodgy Hibs stuff and it had been picked up by fans, I'd expect them to run the story.

Not really Sevco specific but it’s where all this chat happens so I put it here.
    Will be interesting to see how much Scottish clubs pay agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurry Face View Post
    I think the Scotsman moved their head office to Glasgow to escape the narrow minded rivalry between the two football clubs in Edinburgh.

for the avoidance of doubt, I made the reason up.

as for the strip? Didn't look, don't care.

? How long does a 'meltdown' actually take?
    Think you’ll find that the Scotsman head office is at Orchard Brae very much in Edinburgh.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Think you’ll find that the Scotsman head office is at Orchard Brae very much in Edinburgh.
    Whoooooosh

Sevco now saying Celtic will only get 900 tickets for Ibrox next season.

This is a good one - Sir Glibness wanting a non Executive director from the SFA suspended because of a comment he made about Rangers fans 12 years ago when he didn't even work for the SFA. He's a fe****n headcase.....

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ents-1-4744346