hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Breaking your teeth is sore, it happened when I was playing football at school. I got tackled from behind and the front four teeth on the top were all chipped in half.

I also suffer from sciatica as a result of a football injury, sometimes the pain is so bad that I can't walk and there was a continuous spell where I was unable to do anything for about 5 weeks. At the time I was only 19 as well, but being 20 now I have learned to cope with it and still playing football to this day.

The worst one though was when I was doing a physics experiment at high school and it was acceleration and deceleration, so we had races to determine average speed or something and it was fastest boy against fastest girl. I wasn't wearing proper trainers as in PE we were playing football on grass so I had my boots and the trainers I was wearing were really loose but I thought **** it and ran anyway. I was absolutely caning the girl and then a shoe slipped off and I hit the ground. Obviously I put my hands out to brace the fall but all of the impact was on my right arm. I blacked out for a few seconds and tried pushing myself up and wailed in pain. I looked at my wrist and it was mangled and the bone was out of the skin. I had to wait over 3 hours to get morphine which dulled the pain slightly and I had to get three operations to fix the damage caused. The bone was 2 and a half inches out of place, heavily fractured and bits of it were shattered and obviously out of my skin. I have a scar on my wrist from the operation to put in a metal plate and also from where the bone pierced the skin.

Still went to Easter Road with all my injuries though, despite having the time off school or university

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Breaking your teeth is sore, it happened when I was playing football at school. I got tackled from behind and the front four teeth on the top were all chipped in half.

I also suffer from sciatica as a result of a football injury, sometimes the pain is so bad that I can't walk and there was a continuous spell where I was unable to do anything for about 5 weeks. At the time I was only 19 as well, but being 20 now I have learned to cope with it and still playing football to this day.

The worst one though was when I was doing a physics experiment at high school and it was acceleration and deceleration, so we had races to determine average speed or something and it was fastest boy against fastest girl. I wasn't wearing proper trainers as in PE we were playing football on grass so I had my boots and the trainers I was wearing were really loose but I thought **** it and ran anyway. I was absolutely caning the girl and then a shoe slipped off and I hit the ground. Obviously I put my hands out to brace the fall but all of the impact was on my right arm. I blacked out for a few seconds and tried pushing myself up and wailed in pain. I looked at my wrist and it was mangled and the bone was out of the skin. I had to wait over 3 hours to get morphine which dulled the pain slightly and I had to get three operations to fix the damage caused. The bone was 2 and a half inches out of place, heavily fractured and bits of it were shattered and obviously out of my skin. I have a scar on my wrist from the operation to put in a metal plate and also from where the bone pierced the skin.

Still went to Easter Road with all my injuries though, despite having the time off school or university
    Macar!!!!!!!

Not having secured a ticket for the cup yet. Hopefully it isnt permanent.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Not having secured a ticket for the cup yet. Hopefully it isnt permanent.
    Aye but you live in haarlem/amsterdam mate, at least 'pain relief' is easily available

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Aye but you live in haarlem/amsterdam mate, at least 'pain relief' is easily available
    If only I enjoyed a the sleepless night would be more hazey the search goes on

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Slapstick pure in the Hiberlin house hold today.

Trapped a nerve in my back playing golf yesterday and whilst emptying the dishwasher I had a spasm of white hot pain shot up my spinal column and I accidentally stabbed myself in the hand with a steak knife. Cue a visit to the ER to get some stitches and pain killers for my back. You gotta laugh!

snapped my achiles tendon when i was 15 playing football. horrible pain, passed out.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Gout is by far the worst pain ive had. Ive also suffered migraines for about 35 years, and get bouts of sciatica. Ive broken my hand twice and every finger on both hands (5 each...for any jambos looking in) , ive had stitches from my head to toe from various daft things over the years , ive had hernia ops, knee op, but nothing came close to the pain of gout. I read an article a few months back ,,,it said in years gone by people with gout thought the grim reaper was on his way.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    I managed to shoot myself in the hand with a paslode framing nailgun 10 years ago. Pain was pretty bad even though I was lucky in that it was only really a superficial flesh wound. I went into shock at the moment I had to remove my hand from the end of the nail sticking through the timber I was holding. Then the shame of filling out the accident book in the work office while a load of kiwi builders laughed asking "you did what bro?!" Suffice to say I've never done that again

Pulled hamstring and fractured patella (kneecap), hamstring was 10 times worse pain wise though.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I was playing football a few years ago and took a shot with my left foot, immediately felt severe pain and just blacked out for a couple of seconds. I couldn't walk, it was ridiculously painful.

When I went to A&E the doctor initially thought I'd fractured my hip (I was only 16/17 ffs!) but it turned out I had torn my hip flexor clean off the hip bone so it was completely detached.

I was in crutches for approximately 8 weeks, it was a nightmare.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    I've had a few beauties. A torn medial ligament from egg chasing in my youth and by far the worst was a slipped disc that caused the worst pain in my back and leg. I couldn't walk for weeks and was off work for four months. Timing , however , is of the essence and it happened just as the European championship s in Portugal were starting and also the Athens Olympics so plenty to watch.

I was a keen tree climber when I was wee. I was swinging on a branch that was far too thin and it snapped. I fell from the woods right onto the road and was KO'd and had a broken finger - it really hurt.

Psychically I do quite well in life.

P.S. Locals drove by me... lying on the road.
    Last edited by yeezus.; 10-06-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: brainwave

PAiN in the baws

Last Friday, about three hours after the double operation for Hydrocele in both baws,this was when the Ops drugs faded out and reality hit.

Glad to say things have eased considerably but there is still a definite pain in my baws !.

Big regret could not get to the rally on Saturday but would have required stretcher bearers.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Just been reading through this thread again and it's a corker

Reason for it is a friend of mine recently reminded me of one I ommited from my list of stupid painful ways to injure yourself

No 7) I was at school camp which was held in some boarding school in Dumfries somewhere, lovely old building with huge grounds and gardens, there was this wall about two foot high which led you on to a huge grass lawn, I've run and hurdeled the wall, straight away I know I've made a mistake as the wall is only two foot on one side on the other there is a 10 foot drop to the grass, this in itself would have been sore enough, but I've picked the bit to fly over that has a bench underneath it, I've smashed my shoulder and ribs off the bench and spent the rest of school camp hobbling about with a ****** shoulder and ribs

I mentioned this on another thread at the time but the worst pain I've ever experienced by miles was when I was on a plane in October last year, which was coming into land at Paphos. About 15 minutes before the plane was due to land, it obviously started to descend quite rapidly.

All of a sudden a pain on an unimaginable scale spread across my head and into my jaw and pretty much across the whole of my face. The worst of the pain lasted for about 5-10 minutes and I was almost in tears.

The pain quickly reduced but I was still feeling it about half an hour later as I entered the airport before it left completely shortly afterwards.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I tore my lumber muscles in my back playing fives few years ago. That was horrible, they would spasm relentlessly for awhile and the pain was unbelievable.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Rupturing my Achillies tendon was bad. Was in cast for 10 weeks, had the cast off for a fortnight and snapped it again hence an op and another 10 weeks in a cast!!

However for serious pain..... Was playing against Edinburgh Uni and literally 30 seconds into the game went up to challenge there big centre half for a header, he clattered me with his elbow,(deliberately), and shattered my Jaw. My chin split in two and part of it burst through the back of my bottom teeth under my tongue. It also severed a main nerve which left me with no feeling in the right side of my chin. There were 6 fractures but that was the major one. 4 operations and countless visits to the dentist after I recovered. Needless to say I cringe when I see players swinging elbows into fellow pros faces. Nae need!!!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Numerous 3 degree burns. Part and parcel of being a chef!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Rupturing my Achillies tendon was bad. Was in cast for 10 weeks, had the cast off for a fortnight and snapped it again hence an op and another 10 weeks in a cast!!

However for serious pain..... Was playing against Edinburgh Uni and literally 30 seconds into the game went up to challenge there big centre half for a header, he clattered me with his elbow,(deliberately), and shattered my Jaw. My chin split in two and part of it burst through the back of my bottom teeth under my tongue. It also severed a main nerve which left me with no feeling in the right side of my chin. There were 6 fractures but that was the major one. 4 operations and countless visits to the dentist after I recovered. Needless to say I cringe when I see players swinging elbows into fellow pros faces. Nae need!!!
    Ooh ya ******! That sounds horrendous.

Left thumb through a bandsaw in 2nd year woodwork. Circa 1981.

Still painful when it is cold.

First Team Regular over the line's Avatar
    Either being stabbed in the eyeball (no time to blink!) by my little lad, whilst playing sword fights with wooden swords. Couldn't see, or sleep properly for three days, and had mad shooting pains from my eyeball to the back of my skull! Prob should have gone the hospital, but we were on our hols and I couldn't be bothered with it all.

Or three days after my vacectomy, when I spent the day feeling like someone was stood on my right testicle! That was quite uncomfortable really!
    Last edited by over the line; 12-01-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Ooh ya ******! That sounds horrendous.

When it happened our wee sponge man, (who was about 70), ran on to take charge of the situation obviously not knowing the damage. I had both hands round my jaw pretty much holding it together. He realised the distress I was in and mistakingly thought I had swallowed my tongue, which I know is impossible to do before anyone says!! He then proceeded to prise my mouth apart to "help" which is the point I passed out from the pain..... Just a horrible injury. Could explain how the surgeon put it back together but it's ****** gruesome!!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Have a mate who left an eyeball on a barbed wire fence on the Falklands.

Going to stop reading this thread.

@hibs.net private member
    Has anyone ever had a pilonidal sinus?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Have a mate who left an eyeball on a barbed wire fence on the Falklands.

Well I think we've found a winner!!!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I fractured my skull when i was 5. 3 operations later and i'm fine
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    I played against former Hibby mark Fulton years ago when he played with Livingston coppers. We played them twice in a fortnight, first game the two of us went up for a header and he swung his arm and gave me a black eye. Went out to play them the following week thinking I'm gonna have this bas...d. After about fifteen minutes a high ball gets played and I'm thinking here goes,,,,,,, I've taken a good run at it ,,,threw myself at the ball/ his face and my nose landed flush wi the side of his head. Resulting in a broken nose for me and him walking away like nothing happened

First Team Breakthrough micka_weer's Avatar
    Osteo arthritis in both hips (&now possibly knees) had it for years on waiting list for new hip @ the tender age of 40. Had sciatica in my 20's on & off, remember projectile vomiting with the pain! Just out of hospital after an gastric & intestinal virus gave me all the symptoms of a heart attack, that was a different type of pain coupled with the thought of, "oh ****! I'm gonny die!" :-) thankfully fine though