hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Now you see, I'd genuinely love to tell you but it's probably something that's best left between me, a comfy couch and Dr/patient confidentiality. :-)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now you see, I'd genuinely love to tell you but it's probably something that's best left between me, a comfy couch and Dr/patient confidentiality. :-)
    the pain I feel,when some diddy posts on the "greatest" thread

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    the pain I feel,when some diddy posts on the "greatest" thread
    Guess that makes me a kind of sadist then (wink).

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Tire my hip flexor off of my pelvic bone by taking a shot with my left foot playing football. Absolutely agony, I just crumpled in a heap and couldn't walk without crutches for about 6 weeks afterwards.

Still scored with the shot though.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Coaching Staff
    I was helping a mate out one day in the summer on the Ferry thing on the Forth.

I know nowt about boats.

We got into one of the islands in the middle and I get asked to help with the rope to tie it up. The rope was about 4 inches thick, it got caught a wee bit so I go in to pull it round the metal thing it was wound on. Just then the captain puts the foot on the gas and the rope tightens on my fingers.

A second or so of that and three fingers on my right hand have been properly crushed, they split like sausages under the grill, right up both sides and along the top. When the rope loosened they were sort of hanging there, exposed all the way to the bones, fingernails also exposed all the way down, flapping about.

Worst of it was we were against the tide and wind and it took an hour to get back to South Queensferry then a half hour in a car to St Johns. Fingers wrapped up in a bar towel.

The nurse at the A&E says 'oh my god' when they are unwrapped which always helps.

Anyway, all got stitched together, fingernails stitched back in place to act as splints.

Remarkably not too many ill effects 20 years later but they do hurt in the cold!

Stung a bit at the time mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I was helping a mate out one day in the summer on the Ferry thing on the Forth.

I know nowt about boats.

We got into one of the islands in the middle and I get asked to help with the rope to tie it up. The rope was about 4 inches thick, it got caught a wee bit so I go in to pull it round the metal thing it was wound on. Just then the captain puts the foot on the gas and the rope tightens on my fingers.

A second or so of that and three fingers on my right hand have been properly crushed, they split like sausages under the grill, right up both sides and along the top. When the rope loosened they were sort of hanging there, exposed all the way to the bones, fingernails also exposed all the way down, flapping about.

Worst of it was we were against the tide and wind and it took an hour to get back to South Queensferry then a half hour in a car to St Johns. Fingers wrapped up in a bar towel.

The nurse at the A&E says 'oh my god' when they are unwrapped which always helps.

Anyway, all got stitched together, fingernails stitched back in place to act as splints.

Remarkably not too many ill effects 20 years later but they do hurt in the cold!

Stung a bit at the time mind.
    That really had to hurt.

Have to say though I'm impressed with the nautical knowledge with the use of such term as "ferry thing" and "metal thing"

First Team Breakthrough krobertson12's Avatar
    With a thread like this I cant avoid a shameless plug of my services as a private physio... www.physiokris.co.uk

Now that I've put in my plug, the worse pain I've felt is a bad ankle sprain in 5's. "snap" then agony. The really bad thing was I had a midweek game the next night. Ankle strapped like a cast I was cursing the players that went down/needed treatment!

Seen a few injuries in my job, from fractures to massive back spasms.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    That really had to hurt.

Have to say though I'm impressed with the nautical knowledge with the use of such term as "ferry thing" and "metal thing"
    I know, who could have thought it would all go wrong?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tooth abcess.

Left by mutual consent!
    Getting my stanes kicked by my bird at the time for pumping her mate, either that or when one o my kidneys packed in, seriously sair.

Getting kicked in the backside during a fight, the bloke had steel toe caps on and broke my coxyx, could hardly walk never mind sit, plus it was utter embarrasment!

Or at sea, rocking and rolling about getting a 440V AC belt, curled up into the fetal position and spewed my load.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    heamotoma after an op had to cauterise it 2 hours later and had used my allocation of anesthetic.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Emotionally, Defo a broken heart :(
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

First Team Breakthrough
    Back when I played football for a junior team I went for a diving header as a cross came in and I got a defenders studs contused into my head. I had a concussion (wasn't too serious though) and my mate took me to A+E. I lost a lot of blood so I felt a little woozy still after being treated. I stumbled out of A+E with my mate and felt so dizzy I fell over the kerb outside the door and sprained my ankle. We had to back into A+E literally 5 seconds after leaving

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Broken both my wrists and a collar bone, but the worst pain i have had was last year , kidney stones , pain just started akin to flicking a switch , couldnt stand ,sit or lie down to try and ease the pain as i spewed , sweated and had a whitey , would not wish that pain on anyone.
    Got agree on this one, have had a fractured skull, a few broken bones, torn ligaments and a slipped disc two years ago which I still suffer sciatica from but nothing compares to kidney stones. To make matters worse I couldn't take anesthetic for the shock wave treatment to break it up(god, that was sore) and it didn't work properly. So after all that I effectively had lots of stones, I was pissing blood for about a month off and on as I passed them:(
    Last edited by I'm_cabbaged; 06-04-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Got agree on this one, have had a fractured skull, a few broken bones, torn ligaments and a slipped disc two years ago which I still suffer sciatica from but nothing compares to kidney stones. To make matters worse I couldn't take anesthetic for the shock wave treatment to break it up(god, that was sore) and it didn't work properly. So after all that I effectively had lots of stones, I was pissing blood for about a month off and on as I passed them:(
    Never happened to me but is the worst I have heard.

My step brother was playing football a few years ago under 13's or somthing and a lad went in for a slide tackle, upon sliding he dislocated his hip and is sceaming in agony. The teams physio's done the natural thing and 'popped' the leg back inot the socked. Upon doing this the lad then let out a an even louder scream turns out his tecticle got caught in the socket and trapped when the leg was popped back in. even the thought of it brings tears to my eyes.

Another one was my cousin was standing on a window ledge and fell the little hook thing for tying curtains back cought the sack, ripped it open and piecred his testicle, only has one ball now. dont feel to sorry he's a Jambo

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Never happened to me but is the worst I have heard.

My step brother was playing football a few years ago under 13's or somthing and a lad went in for a slide tackle, upon sliding he dislocated his hip and is sceaming in agony. The teams physio's done the natural thing and 'popped' the leg back inot the socked. Upon doing this the lad then let out a an even louder scream turns out his tecticle got caught in the socket and trapped when the leg was popped back in. even the thought of it brings tears to my eyes.

Another one was my cousin was standing on a window ledge and fell the little hook thing for tying curtains back cought the sack, ripped it open and piecred his testicle, only has one ball now. dont feel to sorry he's a Jambo
    Wish I had never read that.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ABBS1875
    Definitely when I was playing a game of football and someone kicked my knee with metal studs, never felt pain quite like it in my life!

@hibs.net private member
    Getting ma wisdom tooth out ..... ****** agony

The wife.

@hibs.net private member
    Losing my mum, then my dad six months later, still hurts 7 years later. The things I wished I'd said/asked/done with them. Fighting back the tears writing this.

1. Dropped a 2kg wooden box onto my finger nail, literally spewed with the pain.
    2. Sciatica, total agony and couldnt walk until osteopath sorted me out
    3. Jumped off a fence into long grass and got piece of wood impaled on my foot by a nail which came through top of my foot.

Not to mention, being bitten by a horse,
    having a coping stone fall on my head from a garage
    breaking my arm
    breaking my collarbone

and i wont even mention the mental pain

hey ho........................................

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    1. Dropped a 2kg wooden box onto my finger nail, literally spewed with the pain.
    3. Jumped off a fence into long grass and got piece of wood impaled on my foot by a nail which came through top of my foot.

breaking my arm
    breaking my collarbone

Could you tell us where you sit at Easter Road? Just so we know where to avoid going.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Sciatica; I get it down my right leg due to a congenital hip dislocation I had corrected when I was young. The sharpest and unforgiving pain I think I've ever felt!
    Despite several broken and fractured bones over the years, dislocated shoulder, torn ligaments and hearts surgery, I have to agree that sciatica is by far the worst pain I have ever suffered, and still do. 07 weeks I was off my work with this and I had to force myself back, against doctors orders, before it started to improve.

I'm going to add toothache to this as I'm suffering from it just now, it's relentless!

Most interesting injury was when I split my eye lid open after falling from my bike (doing a 'nae hander') onto a kerb
    I could see through my eye lid when it was closed and had to get it stitched up.

Most painful was scuba diving when I got ear squeeze, i thought I was jacques Cousteau cos I had done 6 dives previously. I was trying and failing to clear my ears and struggling to keep up with my buddy and the rest of the group. Our dive leader indicated to go deeper and rather than cause a scene, complain and ditch the dive I done what any real man would do and carried on. ****ing idiot!
    Not only did it ruin the dive it meant me and my buddy had to pull out the second dive we had paid for. The next day the pain had gone and it was just uncomfortable. I also couldnt hear which I put down to water in my ear.
    Rather than go to the doctors in Egypt I decided to wait till I got home which was only 3 days later. Of course this meant flying.
    This was the most painful 5 hours I've ever had. It felt like someone had taken a sharp pointed stick and stuck it in my ear, then every few seconds tapped it with a sledge hammer.
    Went to the doctors the next day but got sent to the ENT clinic as my ear was too swollen to see into. Had an over night stay and given a strong dose of antibiotics (don't know which). Got my ear sucked dry by some fancy machine and told I had a perforated ear drum.

Idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Despite several broken and fractured bones over the years, dislocated shoulder, torn ligaments and hearts surgery, I have to agree that sciatica is by far the worst pain I have ever suffered, and still do. 07 weeks I was off my work with this and I had to force myself back, against doctors orders, before it started to improve.

Although the sciatica I have experienced is related to the bone structure of my right hip and the subsequent positioning of various muscles, through performing stretches every day I rarely experience sciatic nerve pain any more - and it also helps with my martial arts .

My piriformis muscle is positioned extremely close to my sciatic nerve so as soon as that muscle gets even a tiny bit inflamed I could be in for weeks of pain.

I know some people have been relieved of thier sciatica through Acupuncture and other forms of Eastern medicine; visiting a Traditional Chinese Medicine or Herbalist type of place may be worth a try...

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post

breaking my arm
    breaking my collarbone

If you see a piano being held in mid air by a length of rope don't stand under it or if you see a freshly baked cherry pie cooling on a windowsill just leave it well alone!

I am a sciatica sufferer and have had a painful couple of days with it recently. Cocodamol 30/500, ibuprofen and ice packs tend to relieve symptoms.

Unfortunately last year this developed into a full blown herniated disc. That is easily the worst pain I have ever experienced. My right leg was agony for a good five months, constant pain and numbness. Eventually it went away but from January till August I was limping about everywhere. Not fun at all.

Think I am coming to terms with the fact that I am going to always have sciatica and just need to be careful when bending, lifting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Physical pain? Gout. Nothing compares.

Mental pain? Too many things to mention.

I concur.......GOUT....AHRRRGGGHHH

Had it bad on 4 occassions and it's pure agony

I got it once on holiday in Turkey, what a time to get it, completely spoiled holiday

On tablets now ( allopurinol ) and not had a twinge in donkeys
    Last edited by poolman; 18-04-2012 at 07:34 PM.