hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First time I've seen that .. no wonder the Hearts fans were up in arms about it.

Any idea if we relaxed the requirement for all the details or offered an alternative payment method?
    No idea mate - it was a Hearts fan I work beside who mentioned that they also had to supply all the details, inlcuding the security code from the back of the card. Not that I doubted him () but I done a search of the Hibs website and found this in the news archive.

Regardless of what team you support, WTF are the clubs and the SPL thinking about allowing payments to be facilitated in this way?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    The situation here is new. If you go to this game then you are in reality supporting Hearts.

Do you really want to be a "Hearts Supporter"?

A straight NO will be the answer to that one and with the tickets priced as they are I certainly wont be going HoMoFC GTF

:pfgwa
    :pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I can't think of many businesses that still accept cheque as a method of payment. Since the banks stopped guaranteeing them most companies have started to phase them out.
    Nonesense.

At least 90% of my income is by cheque.

Many small businesses, electricians, plumbers, gardeners, window cleaners, etc. will deal mostly with cheques (or cash). Shops etc. will have the facility for debit card payments but you try giving your debit card to the plumber that's just fixed your leaking shower and I'd like to see how you get on.

The reason why the banks had to back-track on phasing out cheques was because so many small businesses still used them. The whole country doesn't revolve around big businesses with their BACS and SWITCH/Credit/Debit Card facilities, there's plenty of us "little men" helping the cogs of industry to keep turning.

Anyway .. rant over .. I'm still not sticking my personal details on a sheet of paper and sticking it in the post box.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    They're £40m in debt, no cash, and needing £800k a month for wages .. I really dont think the £50k they'll miss out on from a proposed boycott is going to tip them over the edge anytime soon.

Nobody is proposing a boycott. My personal choice not to hand over any of my cash to that manky mob. You do what you like but I'll not put any dosh in THEIR collection tin.

First Team Regular
    Personally i would much rather see the away end filled with hibees than have a boycott, will find it embarrising actually if we dont fill the away end when they had to go through the exact same to get tickets for the derby.
    Il be there regardless, genuinely feel we have a great chance of beating that mob with all the new signings!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2603716

Wonder how well this will work out.
    I wouldn't part with any money until the last minute, as you may end up joining the long list of unsecured creditors when they go belly-up. Mibbee we should just pay their players directly and miss out the middle Vlad

First Team Breakthrough
    Could Hibs not just bulk buy a large amount of tickets that we would be assured of selling say 1,500 then mark up the price by a couple of quid and sell them from our ticket office. Saves a lot of messing about with forms and postage costs etc?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship Hibs View Post
    Could Hibs not just bulk buy a large amount of tickets that we would be assured of selling say 1,500 then mark up the price by a couple of quid and sell them from our ticket office. Saves a lot of messing about with forms and postage costs etc?
    Is that not touting?

First Team Breakthrough
    Is that not touting?
    more or less but I'm sure they'd call it a booking fee!

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    Personally i would much rather see the away end filled with hibees than have a boycott, will find it embarrising actually if we dont fill the away end when they had to go through the exact same to get tickets for the derby.
    Il be there regardless, genuinely feel we have a great chance of beating that mob with all the new signings!
    Let's be absolutely clear. The Yams would never had sold out their ER stand had their performances not picked up, and Fenlon not had such a poor start. They only talked about a boycott when there was a real fear they would get turned over by a rejuvinated Fenlon Hibs side.

For a laugh, I think Hibs should underwrite any money paid by Hibs fans to the Yams - a "money back guarantee should the Yams go bust" offer. Hibs fans could then buy their ticket with some confidence, and it would drive the Yams mental - A win-win situation.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: J Murphy SBFC
    I'll still be up there, pissed me right off this application poo though.
    I'll have to email it as i dont trust sending it from Stevenage, never bought/applied for tickets in this manor before, it'll be an experience.

Prices arent too bad, well i dont think they are, may be because im using to paying prices like that, costing me £19 for the ticket, but ive been to worse grounds/teams and paid more.

Would be eaiser if Hibs could sell them though, or even if we could pay on our for people like me making the 10 hour journey up.

then again, me and my mate are probably be the only one from London going!

GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Unfortunately there is plenty truth in this mate.
    nothing could be further from the truth im my work andy,where are you based out of interest ?

Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    Let's be absolutely clear. The Yams would never had sold out their ER stand had their performances not picked up, and Fenlon not had such a poor start. They only talked about a boycott when there was a real fear they would get turned over by a rejuvinated Fenlon Hibs side.

For a laugh, I think Hibs should underwrite any money paid by Hibs fans to the Yams - a "money back guarantee should the Yams go bust" offer. Hibs fans could then buy their ticket with some confidence, and it would drive the Yams mental - A win-win situation.
    The simplest solution would be for the "downloaded forms" to be processed by Hibs through our ticket office. They could take our payment details and apply for the tickets on our behalf, they will have our details on file anyway. Hibs, could absorb the administration cost to ensure a good Hibs turnout. Win win IMO.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    nothing could be further from the truth im my work andy,where are you based out of interest ?

Just kidding.

All legit at my work place.

The situation here is new. If you go to this game then you are in reality supporting Hearts.

Do you really want to be a "Hearts Supporter"?

Most stupid post of the day well done......By any Hibs fan wanting to support the team in one of the biggest games on the calendar, makes them in your eyes a yam......

Can't quite get my head around your post, or whether it was tongue in cheek??
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

Most stupid post of the day well done......By any Hibs fan wanting to support the team in one of the biggest games on the calendar, makes them in your eyes a yam......

Can't quite get my head around your post, or whether it was tongue in cheek??
    I'll be there, but supporting HIBS

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    I'll be there, but supporting HIBS
    Snap Billy, does that make us yams though???

Snap Billy, does that make us yams though???
    Not at all. Hearts have always got the money when we've played at Tynie.
    Watching tonight's match we may be able to get as many 3 stands for the Derby as it looks like lots of Hearts supporters have left early😥

Not at all. Hearts have always got the money when we've played at Tynie.
    Watching tonight's match we may be able to get as many 3 stands for the Derby as it looks like lots of Hearts supporters have left early
    HAHA glad they are getting pumped....... We can hopefully give them another lesson on March 18.....Just read the Sauzee book, where the millenium derby and the 6-2 games were mentioned, great memories.....

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Just kidding.

All legit at my work place.

Having now viewed the online order form ... I'm having second thoughts about this one.

Apart from it looking like you will get hit with £5.95 postage and £1.50 per ticket (which I could just about live with) they expect you to send credit card details on the same form as your name, address, email and date of birth!!

If ever there was a guilt edged opportunity for identity theft and credit card fraud then this application form is up there.

I'll hang off and see if there's alternatives but, as it stands, there's currently alarm bells ringing.
    Sold off to India for £10 a pop = £35k to Vlads back pocket = easy money.

HAHA glad they are getting pumped....... We can hopefully give them another lesson on March 18.....Just read the Sauzee book, where the millenium derby and the 6-2 games were mentioned, great memories.....
    I was on the back row in the millennium derby. Was the coldest night of the year but it soon warmed up.
    My lasting memory of the 6-2 game was being being on the phone to my wife when Latapy scored the 6th, to make sure the video was recording the game!! N

I was on the back row in the millennium derby. Was the coldest night of the year but it soon warmed up.
    My lasting memory of the 6-2 game was being being on the phone to my wife when Latapy scored the 6th, to make sure the video was recording the game!! N
    The goal by Sauzee with him and Hughes running to our end in millenium derby will stay with me forever....The 6-2 game could have been 9 or 10, we were absolutely magical that night......

Nonesense.

At least 90% of my income is by cheque.

Many small businesses, electricians, plumbers, gardeners, window cleaners, etc. will deal mostly with cheques (or cash). Shops etc. will have the facility for debit card payments but you try giving your debit card to the plumber that's just fixed your leaking shower and I'd like to see how you get on.

The reason why the banks had to back-track on phasing out cheques was because so many small businesses still used them. The whole country doesn't revolve around big businesses with their BACS and SWITCH/Credit/Debit Card facilities, there's plenty of us "little men" helping the cogs of industry to keep turning.

Anyway .. rant over .. I'm still not sticking my personal details on a sheet of paper and sticking it in the post box.
    Sorry I phrased my post badly.

Most 'big' businesses no longer accept cheques. I understand small businessman do, I accept cheques myself for a small project I have 'on the aide'.

Nowadays I wouldnt expect Hearts or any other SPL clubs to still accept cheques.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    The goal by Sauzee with him and Hughes running to our end in millenium derby will stay with me forever....The 6-2 game could have been 9 or 10, we were absolutely magical that night......

Niemi stopped it being double figures that night.

FACT.

Ooh for a team like that. Went into the derby games in this era knowing we were going to win

Niemi stopped it being double figures that night.

FACT.
    He was on good form that night and still conceded 6.....That must be one of our most scintilating performances in our lifetime....

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I love an away trip to Tynie as much as every other Hibby but I won't be paying £35. I believe Hearts fans had to pay something similar for the last derby at ER so shame on both clubs for ripping each other of.

Put simply £35 is taking the p and that's a real pity as there's now no danger we'll sell out IMO.

Cap future games at £25 and I'll be back. Till then......ram it.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'm no missing it anyway I will pay that, paid £33 a few seasons ago so what's another £3.85.

Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    I love an away trip to Tynie as much as every other Hibby but I won't be paying £35. I believe Hearts fans had to pay something similar for the last derby at ER so shame on both clubs for ripping each other of.

Put simply £35 is taking the p and that's a real pity as there's now no danger we'll sell out IMO.

Cap future games at £25 and I'll be back. Till then......ram it.
    Everyone to their own opinion and I respect that. I go to all the home games with a friend who will never set foot inside Tynecastle

Me, I can't imagine watching it on TV, I need to be there win, lose or draw, but that's what I do