Thread: Crowd

Faxed Back to Kaunas

Crowd

What was the attendance like

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by foxknowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

There were a few absences but I'm assured letters from parents are in the post.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    I thought the size of the crowd was the most disappointing thing about today, but at least those that were there got right behind the team.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Wasn't a big crowd, but yeah everyone was right behind the team. Haaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    That's probably about right.

Poor travelling support from Kilmarnock and the Famous Five stand was practically empty.

Not a surprise, although if we keep going the way we did today then these people will be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    That's probably about right.

Poor travelling support from Kilmarnock and the Famous Five stand was practically empty.

Not a surprise, although if we keep going the way we did today then these people will be back soon.
    Yep, thought they would have brought a lot more than they did, after there cup win vs ayr.

Thought the killie fans would have been up for it.

None the less decent noise at the end from us hibees.

First Team Breakthrough
    Hibs should do something radical for the remaining home games, although I've paid for a season ticket id be happy to give tickets away for free to get the support back if those who get them agree to purchase a season ticket next year WHEN we stay up. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by djs69 View Post
    Hibs should do something radical for the remaining home games, although I've paid for a season ticket id be happy to give tickets away for free to get the support back if those who get them agree to purchase a season ticket next year WHEN we stay up. Thoughts?
    Totally unworkable.

Quote Originally Posted by djs69 View Post
    I'm sorry to say it, and it's all to do with insidious broadcast led propaganda which endlessly touts league football, but the sad truth is that nobody really cares too much about domestic cups till the semi-final stages.

I'd anticipate a bigger crowd next week in a game I can see being a bore.

The fact is that a good proportion of the fanbase has stopped going and in the form we have been that is inevitable but nothing like a cup run to get the juices flowing and hopefully a home draw in the qtrs will see 15,000 turn up as should happen in any SC qtr-final

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I'm sorry to say it, and it's all to do with insidious broadcast led propaganda which endlessly touts league football, but the sad truth is that nobody really cares too much about domestic cups till the semi-final stages.

I'd anticipate a bigger crowd next week in a game I can see being a bore.
    Fair point Bob. The media following european trends, has consistently talked down the Cup which really should be a highlight. Today was a big club at home to top flight opposition. When I was a kid that meant a huge crowd and a huge buzz of anticipation for the winning fans looking forward to the last 8......nowadays its talked down and why? Only 2 clubs can win the League. Why don't the rest talk up the Cup?

I thought the atmosphere was really poor today, ER is a shadow of its former self. Sad that its like that but hey start winning and that may help

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not seen other crowds but I would guess that eventhough we had a paltry turnout, we won't have been far away from the biggest crowd of the day? I would guess that our roll up fans have stopped rolling up. Next Saturday should see a 10,000 plus crowd though.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Not seen other crowds but I would guess that eventhough we had a paltry turnout, we won't have been far away from the biggest crowd of the day? I would guess that our roll up fans have stopped rolling up. Next Saturday should see a 10,000 plus crowd though.
    We had the largest crowd in Scotland today by quite some distance. More than 1000 more than the 2nd largest attendance.

Got to consider not on all season tickets, Scotland v England at Murrayfield kicked off at a time it would be near on impossible to attend both. Other folk would have been watching it on TV, and the weather was p1sh, so all in all, i think it would have knocked at the very least 1000 of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I thought the atmosphere was really poor today, ER is a shadow of its former self. Sad that its like that but hey start winning and that may help
    Don`t know when you started going to ER but I`ve been going since 1967 and atmosphere has always been bad compared with other grounds . Exceptions have been big European games in 70s and AEK . As for cup being considered less important than league ( other posts ) it seems to be true , partly season ticket mentality ( fans pay for their tickets in summer and are reluctant to pay more during season ) and partly media . In Scotland it`s extra bad with teams playing 3 or 4 times in league - if we get Motherwell in QF that would be 3 league games ( 4 with abandoned match ) plus League Cup and 1 or 2 SC matches . One of my favourite Hibs games was a SC tie at ER against Killie in mid 70s ( ? ) which we won 5v2 after losing 0v2 . I was in old North Stand but surrounded by Killie fans and I remember a very young Gordon Smith ( ex SFA boss now Hun ) was very impressive . There were about 15,000 fans in ER , about double what a league game would have attracted at the time and we had a good team then . Not sure what SFA can do to recreate that interest in SC ( same has happened in England with FA Cup ) but don`t think clubs like Hibs are that bothered - our first priority is getting high season ticket numbers since summer money seems more important than possible walk up sales during season . One idea would be to have SC QF , SF and final in same week like Drybrough Cup tournament we won twice in 70s ( I would never have said this before but circumstances have changed and in other sports it`s a success ) . Another is to give a Championship League qualifier place for cup winners in years like this in which Scotland gets 2 CL places though until level of Scottish league improves talk of Europe is not very important ( what did we gain from July defeats in last few years ? , I suppose Hearts made money while losing prestige from Spurs humiliation ? ) .

what was the attendance like
    ltyf.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    ltyf.

"Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Your big brother should have battered you more the last 36 years.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Actually decent enough crowd tbh.

How many cup top ups? Maybe 4k. So another 4k on top of that. If you look at crowds around the country, i.e. 5k at Motherwell and ICT, just under 7K at Aberdeen, it's not a bad crowd. Let's see how many the big team get v St Johnstone.

Don't quite see where people are saying it was a poor turn out from killie-they brought at least three times as many as they would for a league game!
    As for the Hibs support? Cannae really blame those that haven't quite been enticed back after some of the*dross we've had to endure over the last (24) months.
    Hopefully though this will be the start of a wee run of decent performances and results from the new look team. Onwards and upwards eh?

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    **** off ya Hearts ****

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Who cares how it compares to the other games? We've been getting higher average crowds than 8 of the other current SPL teams for a long time, the fact is we're losing support. We're losing a lot of money because of it and the fact that we still have a higher average than Aberdeen or Motherwell is no consolation whatsoever.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    sounds about right

OK the rugger was on and we've been sheight lately but....

A - it was the cup and it was extra cheap

B - New manager deserves a clean break

C - load of new signings to check out

What do some of our support need to drag them out of their pits these days

their loss in not witnessing the latest chapter in the Fenlon revolution IMO

I think the cold kept some away

Quote Originally Posted by heartbreaker View Post
    The fact is that a good proportion of the fanbase has stopped going and in the form we have been that is inevitable but nothing like a cup run to get the juices flowing and hopefully a home draw in the qtrs will see 15,000 turn up as should happen in any SC qtr-final
    yep agree, if we get a decent home draw and hibs drop the gate price we could get a good crown in.

even so,if we start picking up and playing decent we will take a big crown to an away game as well

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    I think the cold kept some away
    It certainly kept my old man away. At one stage he was gonna turn up, pay his tenner and even leave about half an hour in just to ensure Hibs got "an extra tenner" but even then he was that cold he stayed indoors.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    It was the biggest crowd of the day in Scotland. In recent years fans have shyed away from cup football because of the extra costs.

Faxed Back to Kaunas

ltyf

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    where are you getting your yam nonsense from,somebody posts about the attendance and you automatically think its someone having a go at hibs,reason i was asking was i couldnt be there as working something you dont seem to no much about as you spend all your time on here as a proffesional pr--k thinking your posts are actually funny,you seem to be obsessed with yams and hearts in general and when they implode,do you not go to any games as you never actually talk about the football side,get a grip....