hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player ratings

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe it was the hair.
    What hair!

Me thinks it could have been a haircut thats went wrong and the only thing to sort it is to zero it!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Maybe it was the hair.
    Fair point. Its a shocker innit.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    Doherty can play at centre back so I'd much rather have him partner Stephens and Francomb fill in at right back.

Or Stephens on the bench if Murray is fit....but that's probably a long shot.

Stack-7 Made a huge save in the second half that looked a goal all the way.

Kujabi-8 Excellent debut, very exciting to watch. Bit of skill in the second half was the best piece of skill I've seen at Easter Road for about 3 years.
    McPake-9 Brilliant performance, solid and reliable.
    Hanlon-7 Played his part in an excellent defensive line up.
    Doherty-8 Fantastic debut, really enjoyed watching him today. Looked composed on the ball and his block at the end was top class.

Soares-7 Brilliant in the first half, didn't think he was given enough service in the second half but whenever he had possession, he looked really good on the ball.
    Stevenson-6 Not a bad performance, a few decent tackles.
    Wotherspoon-6 Better than of late but still looks as if he's struggling a bit for confidence.
    Osbourne-7 Liked the look of him today. Made some important tackles and passes.

O'Connor-5 Another poor afternoon.
    Doyle-6 Matchwinner, however should probably have done better when he was put through by Kujabi after his great piece of skill.

[QUOTE=sparkiedelpaco7;3102427]
    Team For Next Week

Stack

Doherty Murray Hanlon Kujabi

Francomb Soares Claros Booth

Doyle Griffiths

Subs

Brown, Stephens, Osbourne, Wotherspoon, Scott, O'Donovan, O'Connor
    I take it you dont rate Stevenson then?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkiedelpaco7 View Post
    Team For Next Week

Stack

Doyle Griffiths

Subs

drop osbourne? put down the bevy son.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Stack

Francombe Doherty Hanlon Kujabi

Soares Osbourne Claros Booth

Doyle O'Connor

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Stack

Francombe Doherty Hanlon Kujabi

Soares Osbourne Claros Booth

Doyle O'Connor

Hanlon is suspended for next week.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkiedelpaco7 View Post
    Team For Next Week

Stack

Doyle Griffiths

Subs

Not even close!

Stack - Did most things well.Only 1 error when came for a cross and got lost in traffic. 7
    Doherty - Impressive.Comfortable and calm on the ball,good tackler and good positional sense.Also showed great desire.Think we will see more of him going forward in a different type of game. 8
    McPake - Immense.Organised everything at the back.Led by example and never put a foot wrong.
    Hanlon - Did very well.Obviously benefitted from playing alongside McPake. 8
    Kujabi - Looks the business both going forward and defending.Only beaten by winger once. 8
    Soares - Looked short of match sharpness and tired in last 30mins.Tried hard but found it difficult to get involved for much of the match. 5
    Osbourne - As usual composed on the ball and keeps things moving. 7
    Stevenson - Typical industrious performance. 6
    Wotherspoon - Did well 1st half beating full back both on the outside and inside.Linked up well with Kurabi but faded in the 2nd.
    OConnor - Bullied too easy and couldnt make space for himself.Appeared uninterested at times. 4
    Doyle - Ran his heart out.Made intelligent runs but was a bit lightweight against the big defenders. 7

As much as Lewis has done his bit in the past few weeks, Claros in with Osborne improves that team infinity.

Unfortunately, the only passenger there was O'Connor by some distance. All the rest contrbuted, especially the back four. All had standout moments to earn that win. Poor sub contributions though.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Mcpake was absolute colossal for us today, Rock solid and the defender we have been crying out for years!!

Utterly impressed with him big time today..Threw his body in the way of everything and never lost a header,,Mega mega impressed.

@hibs.net private member
    Stack - 7 - still not convincing. Good shot stopper but flapped at thin air again today and kicking was poor

Doherty - 8 - strong composed and defended well. Looked to bring ball down and play on deck

McPake - 10 - magnificent, determined, inspiring display

Hanlon - 8 - I've slated him lately but he took his lead from the captain and really got physical for the whole game

Pa AKA Rab C - 9 - Got tore in from the start. Solid tackling great surges forward and looks set to be the new cult hero

Soares - 7 - looks a player. Couple of great runs and one terrific shot

Ozzy - 8 - has the ability to run a game if he had more belief in himself. Look forward to partnership with the Pitbull !

Stevenson - 6 - if down to effort alone he would get 10 ! Felt both him and spoony didn't press their men and gave them too much space. Caught dithering on ball a couple of times but great block at end

Spoon - 6 - some good runs bad kept straying from his position and gave his oppo far to much room. Just let his man stroll past him with out any sort of tackle on more than one occasion

Doyle - 7 - gets into great positions and looks like a classic poacher. Needs better service

Gaz - 5 - tried to put himself about in first half. Needs to shed a couple of stone. Looked as if he had Lewis's strip on it was that tight on him !!

Subs

ROD - 5 - couple of decent touches. Should have passed instead of shot when 3 on 2

Ivan - 3 - poor and cannae pass

Scott - not on long enough to give points

All round I was delighted by the fight shown under the on field leadership of our captain. Cautiously optimistic that we may escape the drop

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Stack 6

Docherty 8 you can tell hes a class act. Gave a lot of space away out wide, seemed to want to help out the centre backs a lot, but seems to have the pace to cover himself.

McPake 10 I made a point of watching him throughout the game and he didnt put a foot wrong for the 94 minutes. Won everytjing in the air, one spectacular block that saved a probable goal and talked to his teammates throughout. Spectacular performance

Hanlon 7

Kujabi 8 This boy is an entertainer and he defended well throughout. Great skill for that dribble on the touchline.

Stevenson 6
    Osborne 7
    Wotherspoon 5
    Soares 7 Great first half.

O'Connor 4
    Doyle 7

Enjoyed the effort, determination and some good skill from the new lads especially. Feeling a lot more positive. Well done Pat
    Pretty much agree with this except for Soares who had a great shot early on and an assist for the goal but can anyone remind me of anything else he did during the match?

Reminded me of Ross Chisholm in the way that he didn't watch what was going on around him, didn't mark anyone specifically (or generally), didn't tackle anyone, pointed to others he "assumed" would be behind him to pick up people he should have been marking etc! I do hope this was just a poor game for him or that he needs a few games to get up to speed to show us what he can really do but, for me, he was a disappointment in an otherwise decent team performance.

However, we shouldn't get carried away about today's result as Killie wanted the ball offensively much more than we seemed to although our defence did very well at last! Killie prevented us from achieving much in our final third but moved quickly fromn defence to attack almost at will throughout the match themselves and could have done better in goal terms than they did from the chances they had!

It was a great result for us today but only the start of an improvement in performances which still have a good way to go yet IMO!
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 04-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Great to hear the new boys fitted in well. What a revelation that defence sounds like. Such a shame McPake is banned for next week . Hopefully Doherty can come in and fill the void, we really need to pull away from the bottom now.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    What happened the last time a ginger scored in every round of the cup for us?
    \\

The thought did occur in my mind after the game today.

Stop it, now.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Stack - 7 -Commanded his box really well and was very vocal. Reminded me of the Graham Stack of last season. Here's hoping for more of the same.

Docherty - 7 - Thought he did well and got stuck in hard. Could be the RB that we badly have needed for a long time.

McPake - 9 - Please please sign him up rod!! A natural no nonsense captain cb that we have been crying out for the last few years now. Absolutely magnificent.

Hanlon - 8 - His best peformance of the season. Looked calm and composed and also made some vital interceptions and last ditch tackles. A few more seasons playing beside Mcpake and this lad will become a wanted man from a few English clubs. Keep up this type of peformance Paul.

Kujabi - 9 - Different class!! Reminded me a bit like Russel latapy. So entertaining to watch and I can see a few fans that might want his name on the back of their tops. His dribble and through ball for Doyle on the east stand side in the second half was the highlight of the match. Simply wonderful peformance from the wee man. Oooh Kujabi!!!

Soares - 7 - Really impressed with this lad. Worked up and down non - stop and looks to have a dangerous right foot on him after that good run through the middle in the first half that so closely opened the scoring. Here's hoping the lad is the goal scoring midfielder we need.

Osbourne - 8 - Typical peformance from ozzy. Pulling the strings from the midfield and making himself available to get on the ball and dictate the play. Really hope we keep hold of him this summer as I would like to see paddy build the team round him for next season

Stevenson - 7 - Some folk like him, some folk don't. I think he is one of the most underrated players in the hibs team. He may not be a Xavi or Iniesta but one thing he does do is work his socks off all the time and gets stuck in and about the opposition. I think he is starting to look a lot like the Lewis Stevenson from the John Collins era where he just got his head down and worked hard to try and impress. Made a vital block right at the end when killie were pushing for the equaliser. Plays well with Ozzy beside him.

Wotherspoon - 6.5 - A game of two halves for spoony. First half he had the killie RB in his back pocket and looked a lot like his old self when he broke into the hibs team under yogi. Second half went on and he started to get tired, made one or two errors and was rightly replaced. A good first half and average 2nd half.

O'Connor - 5 - Got a disallowed goal that should have stood. But other than that, pretty poor. Looks overweight, slow and that Pascali had him in his back pocket. Based on that peformance, wouldn't mind seeing him moving to the skint bluenosed Huns as he very rarely offered nothing up top.

Doyle - 7 - I like the look of this guy. Offers us something different and gets himself in and about by making sure the defenders don't have time on the ball. Works hard up front and scored the decisive goal. Could have had one or two more goals to his name but overall a good hard working peformance from Doyle.

Scott - 4 - Didn't do much when he came on as killie were pushing for the equaliser. Brought on for the last 10 mins for the tired Wotherspoon.

Sproule - 4 - A few wee runs but that was just about it as he was brought on for the less productive O'Connor.

O'Donovan - 4 - Fresh pair of legs brought on for Doyle to close down the defenders into hoping they would make a mistake. Tried to make an immediate impact when he drove with the ball but his shot was blocked as he was so desperate to mark his Hibernian debut with a goal.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 05-02-2012 at 01:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    Pretty much agree with this except for Soares who had a great shot early on and an assist for the goal but can anyone remind me of anything else he did during the match?

Reminded me of Ross Chisholm in the way that he didn't watch what was going on around him, didn't mark anyone specifically (or generally), didn't tackle anyone, pointed to others he "assumed" would be behind him to pick up people he should have been marking etc! I do hope this was just a poor game for him or that he needs a few games to get up to speed to show us what he can really do but, for me, he was a disappointment in an otherwise decent team performance.

However, we shouldn't get carried away about today's result as Killie wanted the ball offensively much more than we seemed to although our defence did very well at last! Killie prevented us from achieving much in our final third but moved quickly fromn defence to attack almost at will throughout the match themselves and could have done better in goal terms than they did from the chances they had!

It was a great result for us today but only the start of an improvement in performances which still have a good way to go yet IMO!

Disagree about Soares marking. He covered back for Doherty on quite a few occasions and this was acknowledged Doherty with a thank you hand shake each time

Soares is quality. You could see flashes today why he went to Stoke for over a million quid. His shot 5 or so minutes in was unlucky. His movement off the ball was excellent.

Shame we couldn't get him in a longer deal cos for me he's excellent.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stack - 7 - seems our goalie with most confidence but always seems rooted to line at crosses that other goalies would come and take.

Doherty - 8 - Played well and composed for one so young.

McPake - 9 - Played like a dominating centre half should. More of this please.

Hanlon - 8 - Excellent game from Hanlon. Our next player to go for big money imo.

Rab Carlos - 8 - Brilliant debut, clearly a character, stuck to his task well and had a couple of moments of inspiration. Interesting to see if his height is an issue in coming weeks when the crosses are flying in to our box.

Soares - 6 - hmm, not sure about this one. Had good shot in first half but floated about aimlessly a lot as midfield was surrendered yet again.

Ozzy - 6 - as others have said he has ability but never dominates a midfield.

Stevenson - 6 - Done what Lewis does. Never faulted for effort and great block near end but limited creatively.

Spoon - 6 - Frustrating player. Some great attacking moment but too many careless moments. Still young though and time to learn.

Doyle - 7 - Hopefully he is one of these guys who just knows where goal is. Deflections, sclaffs and flukes all part of the classic strikers armoury..

GOC - 6 - Harshly denied goal from ref and still likely to be our top goalscorer for next few months. Could certainly brush up on his first touch.

Subs

ROD - 5 - Unremarkable debut.

Ivan - 5 - Put on to stop Killie full backs getting forward and helped a little.

Scott - 5 - Replacing tired legs he did his bit.

Points reflect the fact that we are still lacking creatively in midfield and surrender the middle of the park too easily. Hopefully Claros is someone who can put his foot on the ball, be composed and create things although he is described more as a defensive midfielder.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 05-02-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Soares is quality. You could see flashes today why he went to Stoke for over a million quid. His shot 5 or so minutes in was unlucky. His movement off the ball was excellent.

He was excellent for a 10 minute spell it was the other 80 minutes that were more of a worry.
    We made 3 subs and how he lasted the full 90 minutes only Fenlon knows, he was blowing out his bottom for the last 30 mins.
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 05-02-2012 at 08:47 AM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Stack - 7 - did his job well.

Kujabi - great debut - 8
    Hanlon - what a difference and coped really well despite being targeted by the Killie attack - 7
    McPake - quality player - superb defending - great captain. - 9
    Doherty - yet another great performance - 8

Wotherspoon - couple of great runs but poor fitness showed and pulling out of 50/50's was shocking - 4
    Stevenson - great shift but passing needs to be better - 7
    Osbourne - didn't think he played as well as normal - some loose passing - 7
    Soares - good first half - quieter second - 7

GOC - shockingly overweight - needs to be dropped if he's not willing to put a shift in. - 3
    Doyle - I like the look of this guy however his first touch could be better IMO - 7

Subs contributed nothing
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post
    Disagree about Soares marking. He covered back for Doherty on quite a few occasions and this was acknowledged Doherty with a thank you hand shake each time
    I'm not intending my views (in the post you responded to) to become "cast in stone", they are merely accurate observations on what Soares did and, more importantly didn't do yesterday and no one will be happier than me if this guy proves to be a serious contributor of quality, energy, will to win and competitiveness to our team and squad! He was not that yesterday other than the early shot, assist for the goal and a couple of other decent passes. He did not offer Doherty the cover that you suggest especially in the second half when it was beyond my comprehension that he, and not Wotherspoon, was being allowed to stay on the park when the final sub was being made!

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

Sorry but never seen that at all, looks miles off match fitness, showed no positional sense or a sense of an urgency when we were either breaking or tracking back. He also had quite a few loose passes. That all said, I reckon that when his fitness is up he will become a real asset.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
    Sorry but never seen that at all, looks miles off match fitness, showed no positional sense or a sense of an urgency when we were either breaking or tracking back. He also had quite a few loose passes. That all said, I reckon that when his fitness is up he will become a real asset.
    Thought spoony was the blowing oot his erchie in the first half surprised he lasted til he did. Soares did ok nothing flash and did play a couple of real slack passes near the end,still looks like a footballer though