hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: James McPake

Fenlon deserves massive credit for making McPake Captain straight away. Clearly a great judge of player as well as a great judge of character.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    The way mcpake directed the defence was great today. From the east I could hear him shouting directions at the other players and hanlon definitely played better as a result.

Sign him up petrie!!

He's what we've been missing for years, a real captain who backed up the armband with a performance.

Out. Standing.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft

Absolute pleasure watching him today

Long may it continue
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Best CH performance i can remember in years. Immense.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    What they all said...........
    GG

fergie sign him up.

Right there is no doubt that McPake was excellent today , but is it not just a case of a player doing what he is paid to do and we have been starved of seeing a performance like that for so long from a cb ?

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The way mcpake directed the defence was great today. From the east I could hear him shouting directions at the other players and hanlon definitely played better as a result.

Sign him up petrie!!
    Absolutely.
    He marshalled everyone around him today , talked Hanlon through the game, and lead by example. Excellent performance.

I really enjoyed today. Considering they guys only met days ago I was well chuffed.

Even the old Victor Meldrews who i sit next to in the West and havent seen a good Hibs team since the 1920s were popping their collective hips to give the team a standing ovation. Remarkable !

Thanks everyone at Hibernian for today. Its been a long time coming but today was our day.

Now i'm off out for s beer ..... cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Right there is no doubt that McPake was excellent today , but is it not just a case of a player doing what he is paid to do and we have been starved of seeing a performance like that for so long from a cb ?
    In some respects you're right. But you expect a player who is just 'doing what theyre paid to' to make the odd mistake, misplace a pass etc. But he was pretty much faultless throughout the 95 minutes. Thats exceptional at whatever level youre playing at.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    In some respects you're right. But you expect a player who is just 'doing what theyre paid to' to make the odd mistake, misplace a pass etc. But he was pretty much faultless throughout the 95 minutes. Thats exceptional at whatever level youre playing at.
    One moment in the second half summed him up. The ball was zipped over his head and for a moment I thought he was in two minds to leave it. He didn't.....he read the flight enough to get an important directed touch back to Stack. I know it's if's and but's but if we had had the previous combinations in there I think hesitancy would have won the day and the Killie player would have been clean through.

A really good, commanding Easter Road debut which meant a lot to him as we saw at full time. Keep those kind of performances coming please.

As a wee aside.....at each delivery into their box, from set pieces, he was a handful and occupied markers who were clearly bothered by his presence. Only late into the second half did he remain back. That for me is a good sign as we have not scored enough goals from set pieces. If opposition players worry about him then it frees up space. He attacks balls rather than waits for them. Good player.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    It is a case of this but for me McPake stepped above and beyond that today. I think if you had cut him today he would have bled green! He won everything in the air his tackling was like nothing I have seen for YEARS in a Hibs strip. You would have thought he was a die in the wool Hibby. If thats whats to come get the cheque book out and build a team round him. He also brought the best out in Hanlon today, he was superb today too.

The wee man was immense today too, he tore up that left side like it was his. Couple of interesting attempts at crosses but he looks a player!! The boy from Wolves was immense also, deceivingly quick and very strong

Promising Youngster
    Reminds me of Gordon Hunter does Mr McPake. No nonsense defending, vocal, determined, assured- fantastic.

Mr McPake does love the Celtic though, check his tweets, no shame there but if he impresses, watch the lesser greens and west side media sell his obvious abilities. Sign him up rodders - sell the Hibernian dream

Outstanding, can't remember the last time I used that word to describe a Hibs centre half.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    Utterly imperious. Flawless performance. Brought Hanlon on leaps and bounds. What a signing. Get negotiating now for a permanant deal!

First Team Breakthrough
    PWOPPER DEFENDING.

Worrying thing, though, is that we sat back so deep because our midfield wasn't able to press the game higher up the pitch.
    Fitness levels have to improve throughout the team.
    But it's a start.
    Big James could change our season.

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    His performance and the desire he showed today has re lit my fire for the hibees.

I can tell you this now if we can tie this lad down for a few seasons he could be the seed for something special. A team needs a leader and a leader at the back is even better. Get him ***** signed up now Rod.

Buzzin after seeing the highlights

I am fortunate enough to employ a Hibs squad player mother.

So I asked her why does mcpake get the armband.

Her answer..

Because he is the only leader , a leader of men....

And he will do it for me... Lol...

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk

Great performance from McPake - well done to him (and Pat Fenlon for bringing him in).
    Think we can improve on today's performance as we disappointed at times going forward, But, the main thing is that this is hopefully the start of a building exercise and as our main area of concern has been defence, Pat seems to have taken some strides to sort out this problem.
    Hopefully it's upwards and onwards from here on in....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    Utterly imperious. Flawless performance. Brought Hanlon on leaps and bounds. What a signing. Get negotiating now for a permanant deal!
    He was great ! Particularly loved his unadulterated joy at the end at achieving the all important clean sheet - clearly took a lot of pride in it and lead the team in taking their well desrved plaudits like a true captain-
    :pfgwa

Magic stuff James c'mon Hibs don't mess about with this one and give him a contract to stay here beyond this season

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Is he out of contract in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Is he out of contract in the summer?
    He signed a three and half year deal with Coventry when he moved there in January 2009, so he's still got a year to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew

He signed a three and half year deal with Coventry when he moved there in January 2009, so he's still got a year to run.
    Hopefully will be able to persuade him to stay and a fee to secure his services on a long term contract.

Build from the back.... Get a strong spine of a team and build from there. Hence we should get him signed up soonest.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    January 2009 + 3.5 years = out of contract this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post

Just as well someone is on the ball this morning

Paddy Fenlon, and Jim McPakey
    Ian Blacks a f--------- jakey

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Few more good performances and other teams will be after him also

McPake is 27 and will continue to get better with more games - if the club don't sit down with him in a few weeks if he is still performing then they may will regret it.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Something about the name, James McPake. Evokes images of St Marys Street Halls c.1875...........

I'm sure if the opposition were to get past him they'd find themselves malky'd by his handy spade!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Played very well,along with the other defenders. Well done all of them.
    First time this season that the back four did what was required, pleasing to see McPake put in a captain's performance, and Hanlon looked better alongside him....Great to see players throwing themselves in to block ball, a real fighting spirit yesterday
    Last edited by Baldy Foghorn; 05-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull