hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BBC Website (New)

Whats everyones thoughts on the new BBC sport website? Personally I dinae like at at all, too much fa**ying about to get to what you want, am all up for progress but prefered the layout of the old one.
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 01-02-2012 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats everyones thopughts on the new BBC sport website? Personally I dinane like at at all, too much fa**ying about to get to what you want, am all up for progress but prefered the layout of the old one.
    I'll give it a wee while to see if I get used to it, just now I can't decide if it's poorly laid out or if it's just a lack of familiarity. Bit bright likesay.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I think it's alright, it's just getting used to it.

Pat Stanton is on radio Scotland tonight talking Hibs from 1810

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Don't like the yellow at all. Might get used to it.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I want the old one back :(
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Still uses Flash which makes it useless for people who use Iphones or iPads to browse. Yea yea, get android lol and all that. But with Abobe abandoning Flash for mobile devices the format is on the way out.

Why can't it use html5?

First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    I'll give it a wee while to see if I get used to it, just now I can't decide if it's poorly laid out or if it's just a lack of familiarity. Bit bright likesay.
    I'm actually glad they've changed it, just gives me yet another reason to boycott the ''propaganda'' news lol
    needless to say... i'm not a fan.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Don't mind it lot of the same stuff just in different places, quite like how the lower leagues of Scotland get there own pages from the main football screen instead of just 'scottish league' looks like there is more detail on spl main page aswell.

[QUOTE

Pat Stanton is on radio Scotland tonight talking Hibs from 1810[/QUOTE]

I thought it was 1875

I don't like it.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    We fear change.

I quite like it, though it does look as though its been in a serious custard-related incident.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Yellow is sore on the eyes and makes it look very cheaply and basically done.

It doesn't look very modern at all either...

First Team Breakthrough machibby's Avatar
    Not to keen on that yellow, but the general layout and functionality is pretty good. My main gripe is you go on and the whole front page is focused on the English Premiership by default - league tables,results, fixtures. Really poor that with all the work they've done on it you still can't select the league you're interested in as your own default. That really is pi$$ poor.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    First impressions aren't great but I have always felt like that within the first couple of weeks of a re-design.

Soon it will feel as intuitive as the last one.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by machibby View Post
    Not to keen on that yellow, but the general layout and functionality is pretty good. My main gripe is you go on and the whole front page is focused on the English Premiership by default - league tables,results, fixtures. Really poor that with all the work they've done on it you still can't select the league you're interested in as your own default. That really is pi$$ poor.
    Just add your proffered page as a bookmark / favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    We fear change.

I quite like it, though it does look as though its been in a serious custard-related incident.
    ODS, this is for you!

You'll love this.

The site has been transformed into the ENGLISH Broadcasting Corporation

You used to get the 'regions' on the first page (that's N Ireland, Scotland and Wales) on the front page directory.

Now you have to scroll through the page and find that the access is stuck somewhere down the middle.

Roll on independence, and the Scottish Broadcasting Corporation!!

First Team Breakthrough machibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    Just add your proffered page as a bookmark / favourite.
    No I'm talking about the home page for footie, you have the tables and results/fixures down the right side and they're set on the premiership. You should be able to personalise this page for your own league choice much like you can with the weather on the home page.

First Team Breakthrough Bighoose's Avatar
    Not a fan of the changes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post

Roll on independence, and the Scottish Broadcasting Corporation!!
    So we exchange being patronised by London for being patronised by Glasgae? Cue endless reruns of 'Superscot' and a wall to wall diet of west coast slapheaded stupidity?

Er, no thanks.

Back to the OP, in this case the yellow is far from mellow. Dont like it at all.

Coaching Staff
    Logged on today. Thought my computer was broken. It's shi!te. They should get rid of it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    So we exchange being patronised by London for being patronised by Glasgae? Cue endless reruns of 'Superscot' and a wall to wall diet of west coast slapheaded stupidity?

Er, no thanks.

Back to the OP, in this case the yellow is far from mellow. Dont like it at all.
    Superscot, Rab C and River City have all happened while in the union. There's no union dividend on my TV license as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Superscot, Rab C and River City have all happened while in the union. There's no union dividend on my TV license as far as I can see.
    I'm not sure if youre saying this to demonstrate if its a good or a bad thing :

Since i moved back to Scotland last year ive been stunned by the sheer amateur excrement that BBC scotland represents. Its shocking. Regional english BBC production is superior on what i assume is a smaller budgey.

You simply cannot use yellow as a lead color. An unpardonable lapse of style.

Since i moved back to Scotland last year ive been stunned by the sheer amateur excrement that BBC scotland represents. Its shocking. Regional english BBC production is superior on what i assume is a smaller budgey.

Because the UK is so centralized, most of the film and TV 'industry' (if the shambles in the UK can be said to have one) is based in London. BBC should be spending 8% of their budget in Scotland, but have only spent around 3% over the last decade. They have tried to decentralize but found it hard to get staff to move outside of London, as they still recruit disproportionately highly amongst established elites.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar

How big is BBC Scotland's budgie? Are you sure you're not conflating Jackie Bird with Big Bird?

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I pressed F5 on my keyboard a couple of times to try and refresh the screen as I genuinely thought it hadn't loaded properly!

Not a fan at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Because the UK is so centralized, most of the film and TV 'industry' (if the shambles in the UK can be said to have one) is based in London. BBC should be spending 8% of their budget in Scotland, but have only spent around 3% over the last decade. They have tried to decentralize but found it hard to get staff to move outside of London, as they still recruit disproportionately highly amongst established elites.
    Interesting. I wonder if, in the event of an independent 'Scottish' BBC being set up and more resources being made available, we'd see an improvement in quality? I tend to think that the weedgiecentric nature of the product would continue, and continue to annoy me.

You would think they would do a survey / rate it for people to give their feedback on the changes, or is it another example of the BBC getting a host of techys together and coming up with this travisty and a pointless waste of money that doesnt satisfy the audience? I would be interested to see the feedback they get from this new site. I know it will probs just take getting used to but I dont think its good at all and a pain in the hole to navigate and find what you want.

Preferred the old layout, and the one before that. Yellow doesn't look good and the link to SPL is further down the page.

I'll continue to use it a lot and the content is generally pretty good for everything other than SPL.