hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately we are cursed with some w***ers in our support who have f*** all between their ears but a ridiculously high estimation of their own opinions about football/Hibs and a belief that they have the god given right to inflict said wisdom upon the rest of us at every oportunity.

It was ever thus - I can remember the same breed of morons doing their best to destroy whatever confidence remained within the likes of Tortolano and Brazil 20 or 30 years ago - even during the good times we had some idiots determined to heap opobrium upon the likes of Archie Lovell when Sauzee and Latapy were the teammates making him look pretty odrinary.

The situation you describe above goes way beyond stupidity and is part of what seems to be a growing culture of booing and whinging at the first sign of trouble - these days we only need to go a goal down for some pathetic twats to start booing - this is clearly to the detriment of the team and I think the rest of us have every right to tell the idiots to shut the f*** up - and report them to stewards if they fail to take the hint - this is especially the case when our main goal threat is likely to throw a wobbly at the slightest provocation and get himself banned for chucking a GIRFUY in the general direction of said idiots.
    There are supporters of very team in the country that could be described in the same way. As far as the Hibs go perhaps the fact that we have only won one solitary league game in a year at Easter Road might just have something to do with the frustration and lack of patience shown by some of the fans.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I said this on another thread but I'll say it again.

I'm off the opinion that very few people go to games with the intention of booing or abusing players, most of us go in the hope something will click and we will see a good, winning performance.

The abuse is, in my opinion, not just aimed at the players but is an expression of the frustration felt about the whole situation. When we twice got back into the game on Saturday and 2 woeful pieces.of.defending cost us a priceless point is it any wonder folk get frustrated and lose their temper. I'm not saying its right, just understandable.

Since the CIS win we as a support have endured far more lows than highs. It's a 2 way street, we have to.support the club and team but they have to give us something to support.
    Good post, none of us want to go to games and witness the dross we are watching, supporter action is a consequence of frustration....It's not right but unfortunately understandable
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    Ideally it would be great if ALL Hibs fans sang Hibs songs for 90mins but ER's atmospher has been poor for years!
    Main problem is the football on offer, it's up to the individual to do what they want!
    I'm confident everyone goes to the game wanting Hibs to Win, but the fans that do go now are frustrated when things are going badly!
    A few folk booing shouldn't affact how our players perform! There professional footballers
    It would be better if all fans sang but fans that say nothing aren't the problem. They still contribute to the club financially and generally make some atmosphere by shouting and clapping when we score.

The problem is fans that shout abuse at players make a NEGATIVE contribution to the atmosphere and team performance. Maybe it shouldn't affect the players but it clearly does. FFS the club actually came out and thanked the fans for being positive the other week.

All fans get frustrated but fans that can't stop themselves shouting abuse at our own players need to have a look at themselves.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I blame big brother and reality tv

One day well win that blummin Scottish cup and these guys will spontaneously combust problem solved then those remaining can complain about the 5k off the next home gate ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_S View Post
    It would be better if all fans sang but fans that say nothing aren't the problem. They still contribute to the club financially and generally make some atmosphere by shouting and clapping when we score.

The problem is fans that shout abuse at players make a NEGATIVE contribution to the atmosphere and team performance. Maybe it shouldn't affect the players but it clearly does. FFS the club actually came out and thanked the fans for being positive the other week.

All fans get frustrated but fans that can't stop themselves shouting abuse at our own players need to have a look at themselves.
    I think the Atmospher will change at Easter Road by the time we play our next league game v Aberdeen!
    By then ALL Hibs fans will realise that we are in real danger of being relegated!
    I expect us to be bottom of the league by then due to forth coming fixtures and Pars game in hand, the Jan window will be closed and the Frank Sauzee type savour we all hope to sign won't have arrived due to financial constraints!
    The players that we will/have signed on loan before the window closes will need the support of the Hibs fans.

We're in for a good end to the season as none of our games left will be meaningless, every season us fans moan about the split and meaningless games until the season ends...not this year! 15 cup finals left
    Last edited by SouthamptonHibs; 23-01-2012 at 08:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Interesting discussion around this subject on 5 live earlier this evening. The debate started over the anger of Arsenal fans when Oxlade-Chamberlain was taken off. Fans booed and according to radio commentators a fan got up and left. When Welbeck scored Wenger got pelters including sarcastic applause. Jason Roberts then said he thought the abuse and barracking of players has increased in recent seasons but didn't really give an explanation.

My take on it is that there is a greater disassociation of the players from the paying public. The perception is that under performing players are being over paid and the fans anger expresses itself when things go wrong on the pitch. I certainly feel no connection with players like Griffiths and O'Connor when they self-destruct on and off the pitch. I'd have given anything for half of either of their playing talent and they seem to piss it away.

Thoughts?
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Interesting discussion around this subject on 5 live earlier this evening. The debate started over the anger of Arsenal fans when Oxlade-Chamberlain was taken off. Fans booed and according to radio commentators a fan got up and left. When Welbeck scored Wenger got pelters including sarcastic applause. Jason Roberts then said he thought the abuse and barracking of players has increased in recent seasons but didn't really give an explanation.

My take on it is that there is a greater disassociation of the players from the paying public. The perception is that under performing players are being over paid and the fans anger expresses itself when things go wrong on the pitch. I certainly feel no connection with players like Griffiths and O'Connor when they self-destruct on and off the pitch. I'd have given anything for half of either of their playing talent and they seem to piss it away.

Thoughts?
    Good point. Supporters no longer have the same affinity with the players as they did 20 or 30 years ago. The rediculously high wages have had a lot to do with that.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    And here was me thinking Hibs were too tight with the wages

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Exactly it's not new to football and certainly not new to Hibs as some on here would make believe. It's not a new and growing culture at all, it's as you have stated been part of football for years well before our time. Can't believe the amount of analysing and moaning on here about it over and over again!!!!
    What is new is Sportscene deliberately highlighting the players reactions, thereby encouraging the SFA Compliance Officer to take action.

The BBC news hacks thereby generate further story lines for their own benefit.

It's not a new phenomenon of players gesturing back to slagging from the terracing, be it the fingers, or in the case of Sammy Nelson of Arsenal, dropping his kegs.

Very rarely did the refs consider taking further action, and there was no Compliance Officer snooping around in the background.

We seem to be living in sensitive times where some delicate fans are crying wolf to the CO on seeing such indiscretions on the park.

Stuart McColl on the radio tonight was highly critical of the television repeatedly highlighting these incidents and implied that the Compliance Officer was acting mainly on the Sunday content of Sportscene.

Out of interest is it only tv footage that Vincent Lunny acts on, or has he acted on any gesturing off camera by players, that has also been reported ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I don't agree with players being booed or abused at matches but maybe if players gave us something to cheer about, people would 'cheer them on'

Every week there is a couple of threads blaming the fans. It's the garbage we have to watch that's the problem, not the people who have paid money to watch it.
    Nobody ever blames the fans - that's a Yammish myth

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    Your right its the fans fault we are rubbish

we are to blame for lack off attitude

we are at fault because GOC can not find a pass or trap a ball
    we are to blame because Ivan has no speed left and no skill
    We are to blame so the players take it out on us

we are to blame because we buy and sell the players

i could go on

but your RIGHT its our fault
    Utherly pathetic drivel and nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    I am pleased to report a complete lack of booing in Section 43.

Pish

The guy in Row GG has tourettes and screams almost constant abuse for 90minutes

Stick yer smug allegations where the sun don't shine ya sarcastic tattie heid

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    oh dear, chillax jeeeezo

I never boo Hibs players, I just tut them and roll my eyes. I go 'tsk' and cultivate a demeanor of lofty disdain. If more fans responded that way I'm convinced they'd get the message and performances would improve.

I also never abuse them. Anything we get up together is always fully consensual.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    Pish

The guy in Row GG has tourettes and screams almost constant abuse for 90minutes

Stick yer smug allegations where the sun don't shine ya sarcastic tattie heid
    Calm down, princess. Didn't hear it from lowly row U.