hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    If true, get him punted in the summer.

No use to us having a star player in the stands every couple of games because he has a short fuse.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    intelligence/responsibility can be learned...sight can't...
    I agree with sight, the others I'm sure are open to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    No use to us having a star player in the stands every couple of games because he has a short fuse.
    It's no use having fans that abuse a player with a short fuse either. Maybe it's them that should be punted?

Being on loan that is likely to happen

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar

Get him punted? he's not even ours. Best player playing for us just now though.

Coaching Staff

Franny Lee, Billy Bremner....Roy Keane, Paul Gascoigne....today Balotelli won the game......football has always had hot heads. Punt a player who loves Hibs and is scoring regularly....cannot agree. He will learn.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I thought he was getting it especially tight from The St Johnstone fans because of his Dundee connection rather than anything else to be honest.
    Yes, but after his recent history they were trying to get a reaction IMO.

Poor chap gets it from both sets of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    He, like some of our knob-head fans, obviously doesn't ****ing learn.

For those giving him abuse yesterday, I hope you are really pleased with yourselves. You might just have contributed to us getting relegated. Bunch of twats.
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post

Leigh is the real problem. If I was Fenlon I would be very very angry that this STUPID DAFT Laddie has totally ignored BOTH my warnings about his future behaviour.

If we were not in such a dire state I would suggest sending him back Wolves.

Both are valid points, but while LG obviously has issues with restraining himself, why the **** do our own fans give him stick when:

a) they KNOW he will most likely react and then get himself in bother - do they prefer playing with 10 men and/or losing him for future matches

b) he's scored a few goals in the last few games, something we've been struggling with all season - now someone has started to do this, some of us decide to hound him??!!!

For Leigh - STOP ****ING REACTING YOU MORON!

Quote of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    It's no use having fans that abuse a player with a short fuse either. Maybe it's them that should be punted?
    Been here before

Really, lets not put this onto the fans. There has been abuse dished out from the stands \ terraces for as long as I can remember, and whether its right or wrong, deserved or not, isn't the point here.

The point is a professional footballer - one of our best - is clearly not listening to a ****ing thing his manager is telling him, and whose stupidity may cost us his services for a game or two when we can least afford it.

It's crazy and I cannot understand why LG does it.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Yes, but after his recent history they were trying to get a reaction IMO.

Poor chap gets it from both sets of fans.
    You are making it sound as if LG is being abused by the whole Hibs support. Keep it in context please.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    So the manager tells him that if he wants to play, he cannot react like this. Not really sure how this is down to anyone else. If we are saying that he is lacking mental toughness then that is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    You are making it sound as if LG is being abused by the whole Hibs support. Keep it in context please.
    Where the f*** did I say or even infer that it was by the whole Hibs support?

He's had it off enough Hibs fans though that he is facing a second ban!!!

Does that put it in context for you?

Didd he definitely flick the middle finger up to the crowd though?

If he did then it must have been more subtle than the GIRUY gesture.

If I was PF is be quite rightly pissed off with Griffths but would be inclined to argue that players have been getting away with worse all season. Skachel gets away with winding us up in ever derby, where is his bloody ban?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote of the day.
    Well, y'know what I mean. Dinnae splash out £60k or whatever it'd take for a player who's another hothead and will find himself in the stands half the time - we've been ridding ourselves of players who haven't got their heads in the right place and if he's so easily wound up, that's a real weakness.

The likes of Doyle impress me - get the job done, 100% effort and keeps his cool. Potential to be as much of a game changer as Sparky I reckon, just less likely to find himself sitting in the stands.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Getting abuse, from your own fans or others, is part and parcel of being a football player.

The fact that he has been reprimanded for this TWICE BEFORE means this is no-ones fault but his own.

Well, y'know what I mean. Dinnae splash out £60k or whatever it'd take for a player who's another hothead and will find himself in the stands half the time - we've been ridding ourselves of players who haven't got their heads in the right place and if he's so easily wound up, that's a real weakness.

The likes of Doyle impress me - get the job done, 100% effort and keeps his cool. Potential to be as much of a game changer as Sparky I reckon, just less likely to find himself sitting in the stands.
    I did know TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post

Leigh is the real problem. If I was Fenlon I would be very very angry that this STUPID DAFT Laddie has totally ignored BOTH my warnings about his future behaviour.

If we were not in such a dire state I would suggest sending him back Wolves.
    Now what would I rather have, a young hot head that can score goals or some knob head of a so called fan that is only there to shout abuse at a player. no contest wish they would piss off to tynecastle where they would be at home

Where the f*** did I say or even infer that it was by the whole Hibs support?

He's had it off enough Hibs fans though that he is facing a second ban!!!

Does that put it in context for you?
    You said "Poor chap gets it from both sets of fans". How many is a set of fans?

To your question, then no it doesn't put it in context at all.

Tell me - Exactly what level of abuse did LG receive to make that initial gesture to the Hibs fans at Cowdenbeath? He seems to have begun a war with the fans - or at least a section of them - which is doing no-one who has Hibs best interests any good at all.

Been here before

Really, lets not put this onto the fans. There has been abuse dished out from the stands \ terraces for as long as I can remember, and whether its right or wrong, deserved or not, isn't the point here.

The point is a professional footballer - one of our best - is clearly not listening to a ****ing thing his manager is telling him, and whose stupidity may cost us his services for a game or two when we can least afford it.

It's crazy and I cannot understand why LG does it.
    It kind of is Dave, if these people were not venting their spleens at him, then it wouldn't even be up for discussion as Leigh wouldn't have anything to react to.

While I agree that abuse has/is part of the game, I can't remember it being as viscous and personal as it has been recently. There's a big difference from the odd shout of frustration when someone makes a mistake to the constant volley that is heard at pretty much every home match.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Read in the paper yesterday Motherwell's Michael Higdon has been a target for the boo boys so when i saw MH score in injury time yesterday to grab Motherwell a late late eqauliser he gave the GIRUY sign with his fist to the main stand, So will any action be taken against him?...For the record im not excusing LG actions but he seems to get highlighted a helluva lot more than any other player that gives the GIRUY sign.

It kind of is Dave, if these people were not venting their spleens at him, then it wouldn't even be up for discussion as Leigh wouldn't have anything to react to.

While I agree that abuse has/is part of the game, I can't remember it being as viscous and personal as it has been recently. There's a big difference from the odd shout of frustration when someone makes a mistake to the constant volley that is heard at pretty much every home match.
    Are you not making a pretty big assumption that all the abuse (and clearly neither you are I hear even a fraction of it) is vicious and personal?

I don't know what the fan in the FF said, but after 2 or 3 poor corners, it might have been something like "Try getting this ****ing corner past the first man" which got the finger as a response. It might not have been, of course but given the last 3 weeks Griffiths really has no defence does he?

You said "Poor chap gets it from both sets of fans". How many is a set of fans?

To your question, then no it doesn't put it in context at all.

Tell me - Exactly what level of abuse did LG receive to make that initial gesture to the Hibs fans at Cowdenbeath? He seems to have begun a war with the fans - or at least a section of them - which is doing no-one who has Hibs best interests any good at all.
    There are two sets of fans IMO, home fans and away fans. It is irrespective how many fans make up a set as the consequences are basically the same, eg if one Hibs fan invades the pitch then the club will suffer a penalty, the same as if two fans go on. Or more relevant if Sparky reacts to one fan or a group of 100 fans he will still pick up a ban.

I was at Cowdenbeath but have no idea what level of abuse he received, certainly none near me.

He has not started a war with Hibs fans, a section of Hibs fans has started a war with him. He has responded but didn't start it.

Regarding the last bit I agree 100% - it is doing Hibs no good whatsoever.

Are you not making a pretty big assumption that all the abuse (and clearly neither you are I hear even a fraction of it) is vicious and personal?
    I'm not talking specifically about what may or may not have been said to LG yesterday at that point, but the general abuse that is dished out from Hibs 'fans' week in week out.

We've all heard it, and IMO it's been getting pretty grim.

There are two sets of fans IMO, home fans and away fans. It is irrespective how many fans make up a set as the consequences are basically the same, eg if one Hibs fan invades the pitch then the club will suffer a penalty, the same as if two fans go on. Or more relevant if Sparky reacts to one fan or a group of 100 fans he will still pick up a ban.

I was at Cowdenbeath but have no idea what level of abuse he received, certainly none near me.

He has not started a war with Hibs fans, a section of Hibs fans has started a war with him. He has responded but didn't start it.

Regarding the last bit I agree 100% - it is doing Hibs no good whatsoever.
    So because he might have heard a shout at Cowdenbeath he didn't like, that was the trigger for the initial GIRUY and its the fans fault?

Think we'll agree to disagree on that one.

No like the media to stir up a stooshie and get the collective mooths slaverin rabidly. Hopefully Sportscene will do their usual and show it from every conceivable angle and we will all be able to make a judicious assessment of the alleged infraction.

I'll repeat here what I said last night after viewing it without prejudice for the third time:

Seen LGs gesture 3 times now and while the supersensitive may deem it the 'bird', its accompanied by no aggressive body language or twisted facial expression and could easily be argued that it was merely a coded tactical signal to his team mates. Nothing at all like his 'previous'.

I'm not talking specifically about what may or may not have been said to LG yesterday at that point, but the general abuse that is dished out from Hibs 'fans' week in week out.

We've all heard it, and IMO it's been getting pretty grim.
    I'll bail out here I think, as we are clearly coming at this from different angles. Every club has dafties in their support, but the idea that our dafties are solely responsible for damaging the club, making the players gesture and taking us towards relegation is ridiculous.

I totally agree that some of the abuse will be out of order, however the twisting of the argument does not sit well with me.

[QUOTE=DaveF;3083548]Been here before

It's crazy and I cannot understand why LG does it.[/QUOTE]

Dave, sorry for gatecrashing the conversation between you and another poster but I feel it is relevant.

It is crazy but I'm convinced it is an involuntary reaction, ie not even Leigh understands it.

Earlier in the thread I made a reference to Stevie Wonder and blindness which was maybe was not as relevant a scenario as I was looking for.

Maybe a better comparison would be, would anyone blame anyone suffering from Tourette's for swearing?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Shocker - not as if he's been punted from the club for his behavioural problems in the past.

He has talent, but the void between his ears will ensure it remains a career unfulfilled.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

So because he might have heard a shout at Cowdenbeath he didn't like, that was the trigger for the initial GIRUY and its the fans fault?

Think we'll agree to disagree on that one.
    So you are saying if he hadn't received abuse from a Hibs fan he still would have given a GIRUY.

Can't agree with that at all.