hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He seems to cope well enough with the dogs abuse he gets from the away fans, apart from the one occasion.

The home stands at Easter Road shouldn't an intimidating or stressful area for our own players. It definitely shouldn't be one for someone like Leigh who is the best finisher we have.
    People are sometimes late developers and maybe he is quite immature but that's different from being mentally challenged.

I think your socceroo manager was meaning opposition fans. He obviously hasn't been to a Hibs game recently.
    Be nice if all the home fans were always full of love and affection for our players, but I guess my point is that is just not going to happen..amywhere..not just at Easter Road...just ask Steve Kean for example..so while we can say it "shouldnt"'happen, it will, and players need ot accept it and get on with it..

What shouldn;t happen is a professional football player continually, and his track record supports this..putting his side at risk by making gestures to supporters of any club, which has/could result in suspension.

It achieves the total sum of three partsw of SFA!.

Quite simply, as I said he needs to quickly come to terms with the fact that a hazard of his chosen profession is that he will sometimes be subject to a degree of abuse from spectators.

Your support of leigh is admirable, but the reason he continues to react in the way he does is not the issue..the issue surely is that he DOES react, and he needs to stop doing so.

That M'Lud is the straightforward case for the defence.

As for your comments about the former Socceroo manager

(a) he was indeed talking about the home support and

(b) he's deid so yes he hasnt been to many Hbs games recently...but he was a Hibs supporter as a youth and did figure in quite an important HIbs game in the past...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Be nice if all the home fans were always full of love and affection for our players, but I guess my point is that is just not going to happen..amywhere..not just at Easter Road...just ask Steve Kean for example..so while we can say it "shouldnt"'happen, it will, and players need ot accept it and get on with it..

What shouldn;t happen is a professional football player continually, and his track record supports this..putting his side at risk by making gestures to supporters of any club, which has/could result in suspension.

It achieves the total sum of three partsw of SFA!.

Quite simply, as I said he needs to quickly come to terms with the fact that a hazard of his chosen profession is that he will sometimes be subject to a degree of abuse from spectators.

Your support of leigh is admirable, but the reason he continues to react in the way he does is not the issue..the issue surely is that he DOES react, and he needs to stop doing so.

That M'Lud is the straightforward case for the defence.

As for your comments about the former Socceroo manager

(a) he was indeed talking about the home support and

(b) he's deid so yes he hasnt been to many Hbs games recently...but he was a Hibs supporter as a youth and did figure in quite an important HIbs game in the past...
    Ok we'll agree to disagree but who was the manager?

Not arguing, just interested.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    Ok we'll agree to disagree but who was the manager?

Not arguing, just interested.
    Eddie Thomson

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Absolutely unbelieveable that he does this again. Complete stupidity. You can be sure of one thing though he will be banned as we are playing Rangers at the weekend and this wont be allowed to be ignored. Wow great forward line we will have Saturday with GOC and Sparky banned.

Guys an absalute idiot, when will he grow up and learn he cant do this. Its more sickenening thats is coinciding with him playing so well, I think hes probably been our best player the last few games. So frustrating, I suspect he will get another ban, choobe!!!!!
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 23-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Guys an absalute idiot, when will h grow up and learn he cant do this. Its more sickenening thats is coinciding with him playing so well, I think hes probably bene or best player the last few games. So frustrating, I suspect he will get another ban, choobe!!!!!
    Totally agree, I've no interest in hearing how it's the fans fault either.

I didn't agree with that argument the first time it happened so for it to now happen 3 times is totally inexcusable IMO, as a professional footballer he just needs to learn to deal with any treatment he gets from the crowd.

I wasn't there on saturday but i don't even think he gets that much stick, if anything when he does make a mistake it's normally someone else that gets the blame as he's been a favorite.

Boy just seems like an erse, if this young boy Murphy thats on trial is any good i'd consider bumping Griffiths back to Wolves as he's clearly no going to learn and he's doing nothing to improve relations between the fans and the club

Its no secret I sit in the FF and I can tell you i know excactly what happened as it was in the section i sit in that the comment came from,

Quote " Come on Griffiths get a decent corner in FFS get it past the first man" at this point he turned his head and said " F OFF " this is when more fans got upset including me! several shouts went up saying "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc " then only then did he flip the finger. there was no personal abuse lack off support just a general shout about the corner. I was raging at him for reacting.

We are the fans we will be there long after he has gone he cannot give the fans any signs etc I am so dissapointed because the fans are getting the blame here they did not do anything wrong

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    Its no secret I sit in the FF and I can tell you i know excactly what happened as it was in the section i sit in that the comment came from,

Quote " Come on Griffiths get a decent corner in FFS get it past the first man" at this point he turned his head and said " F OFF " this is when more fans got upset including me! several shouts went up saying "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc " then only then did he flip the finger. there was no personal abuse lack off support just a general shout about the corner. I was raging at him for reacting.

We are the fans we will be there long after he has gone he cannot give the fans any signs etc I am so dissapointed because the fans are getting the blame here they did not do anything wrong
    So even though the people sitting near you (or including you ) could see that he was getting pissed off they decided to come out with "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc "............... don't think it's just LG who has problems with his intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    So even though the people sitting near you (or including you ) could see that he was getting pissed off they decided to come out with "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc "............... don't think it's just LG who has problems with his intellect.
    Leigh 100% does have problems with his intellect. he is at his work and he is arguing with folk around him FFS just do your job and get on with the game. If I had reacted to everytime I got abuse when working in the Social I would have been sacked you learn to deal with it and difuse situations not escalate them. I can't understand this sympathy for poor Leigh you would think he was the only player ever to get stick from the crowd, I can confirm he is not. I am pretty sure he is the 1st player that may be charged on THREE seperate occasions within weeks of each other foe a simlilar offence the crime being GROSS STUPUDITY.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post
    Leigh 100% does have problems with his intellect. he is at his work and he is arguing with folk around him FFS just do your job and get on with the game. If I had reacted to everytime I got abuse when working in the Social I would have been sacked you learn to deal with it and difuse situations not escalate them. I can't understand this sympathy for poor Leigh you would think he was the only player ever to get stick from the crowd, I can confirm he is not. I am pretty sure he is the 1st player that may be charged on THREE seperate occasions within weeks of each other foe a simlilar offence the crime being GROSS STUPUDITY.
    What I also don't get is that I've hardly heard anyone giving him stick and he seems very upset.

God help him if he ever does become an actual boo boys target.

He needs to ignore it and get on with playing. To not learn even from the first one is just sheer stupidity.

Whilst I realise that LG has been terribly stupid to react yet again to fans giving him abuse what absolutely astounds me is the inability to appreciate that some "supporters" have been incredibly stupid also, and therefore, must shoulder some of the responsibility for this.

you learn to deal with it and difuse situations not escalate them.
    This could quite easily be applied to the fans who decided to call him an "Idiot etc" after they noticed he was getting annoyed by thier "Come on, get it past the first man this time." comment. FWIW, I don't think there was anything wrong at all with the initial comment, it's the response from a section of the support after it was noted that LG was getting wound up that really irritates me.

I can't understand this sympathy for poor Leigh.
    I've never said that I sympathise with Leigh; it's our club I sympathise with, potentially having to be without him for another game.

Some people obviously think that when they go to 'the football' they can behave how they like, without consequence, as long as they pay thier 20 quid......

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    What I also don't get is that I've hardly heard anyone giving him stick and he seems very upset.

God help him if he ever does become an actual boo boys target.

He needs to ignore it and get on with playing. To not learn even from the first one is just sheer stupidity.
    Completely agree though it seems he is trying his best to become such a boo boy target wth his reaction to things.

First Team Breakthrough 12AlbionPlace's Avatar
    On a related subject I assume the EPL don't have a compliance officer.

I noticed on MOTD James Morrison gave the crowd a "Leigh" salute when he celebrated his goal against Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Whilst I realise that LG has been terribly stupid to react yet again to fans giving him abuse what absolutely astounds me is the inability to appreciate that some "supporters" have been incredibly stupid also, and therefore, must shoulder some of the responsibility for this.

This could quite easily be applied to the fans who decided to call him an "Idiot etc" after they noticed he was getting annoyed by thier "Come on, get it past the first man this time." comment. FWIW, I don't think there was anything wrong at all with the initial comment, it's the response from a section of the support after it was noted that LG was getting wound up that really irritates me.

I've never said that I sympathise with Leigh; it's our club I sympathise with, potentially having to be without him for another game.

Some people obviously think that when they go to 'the football' they can behave how they like, without consequence, as long as they pay thier 20 quid......
    Oh come on you should hear the aubuse the linesman and the other teams players take...... He was soley at fault at this time I have watch Hibs since i was 7 years old and we are a fickle lot Joe T Nish I could go on took more abuse and have never reacted as i said until he told the Fans to F OFF he got no abuse WE can not shoulder the blame.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Ok, so he shouldn't be so stupid to respond. PF should drill that message in right away, but how hypocritical are our fans? Happy to give out the abuse for 90 minutes but whine like **** when a player decides not to let it go over his head.

Why are our own fans so desperate to jump on the backs of our players we do it to one of our better players?

Of all the players at fault for Saturday's farce, Leigh isn't one of them IMO. The fans getting on Leigh's back are myopic or Jambos. FACT. ENDOF.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    WE can not shoulder the blame.
    And that sums it up. We, as fans, are allowed to boo and heckle our own players (including ones trying their butts off to turn a game around, such as Leigh) but the players can't respond. And when they do respond we suddenly get all high and mighty and condemn the player.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Eddie Thomson
    From what I remember of Eddie, he was a dyed in the wool Jambo and had no time for the Hibees whatsoever.

He was a decent guy nevertheless.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar

doctor required

66 mins on the clock LG steps up to take a corner and sticks his finger up at his own fans - 3RD time in as many games he as done this - We need him on the park next Saturday and for the rest of the season so come on Hibs get the doctor out and say he has a form of Leith Tourettes and its not his fault and get him off the Hook.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    And that sums it up. We, as fans, are allowed to boo and heckle our own players (including ones trying their butts off to turn a game around, such as Leigh) but the players can't respond. And when they do respond we suddenly get all high and mighty and condemn the player.
    Sorry WRONG !
    Most fans could not give """" what Leigh does, he could run naked up and down the stands for all I care so long as he does the businees.

Unfortunately the SPL and the compliance officer do care !

Leigh is WELL AWARE of that yet he is either so thick or has such a Huge Ego he can't just get on with the game despite a Public warning from Pat the last time this happened.

Sorry WRONG !
    Most fans could not give """" what Leigh does, he could run naked up and down the stands for all I care so long as he did the business
    Sorry, WRONG!

If he did that then he'd still get a ban

What he should have done of course is take a decent corner.Up until then he had totally wasted every free kick and corner he'd taken.