hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calderclown signed a midfielder in towel then played him midfield or not at all. Dublin knows we need a right back, signs him then plays him midfield. why sign players for the positions we are weak in, then play them elsewhere?
    whos dublin ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!

HKHibby

Quote Originally Posted by stanton10 View Post
    I wish i was as confident as you ,he sighns a right back and plays him in the midfield worrying

agreed, i wish i could still be confident in him! but things are beginning to look worrying to say the least!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKhibby View Post
    agreed, i wish i could still be confident in him! but things are beginning to look worrying to say the least!
    Fenlon is not the problem. Not by a long-shot.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Just watched BB on HTV and listened to his post-match interview on BBC Sport. He looks like someone's just sh*t in his kettle and I don't blame him. He was effin' raging!!

Today's result, and more pertinently the performance, has as been said above, signalled the end of a few players careers in green and white unless they buck up their ideas pronto.

To win two games and show resilience in those games (minus the quality which is evidently lacking) would have boosted Fenlon and the backroom staff's thoughts on the current squad. To go out today and launch us back to square one with a defensively inept performance will have enraged them more today than it would had we lost the previous two games.

They showed in the past two games that they could dig out a result. Today, through sheer lack of anticipation, concentration and resilience (and of course the obligatory lack of quality) they've gone and undone the work of the past two games.

Awful, just f******g awful, Hibs.

Petrie, Lindsay, Farmer, whoever; barge into wee Paddy's office first thing on Monday morning with a blank piece of paper and a pen and let him write down who he wants. Once he's done that, walk out his office, back into your own and pick up the phone. And do not hang up until you've secured verbal agreements to sign those players. Once you've done that, get in your company car and get their signature on the dotted f*****g line.

I watched the game today and it was powderpuff. There was glimpses of quality and a fair bit of effort but there was no shape, no cohesion, no anticipation, no awareness, no real sign of unity or same-song-sheet-singing. Just 11 players desperately huffing and puffing and hoping someone would bail them out. Not. F******g. Good. Enough.

Get two, yes two, centre-backs in, get a left-back in, play Francomb at right back. There's your defence sorted. Once you've done that, bring in Jim Goodwin to sit in front of the back four with Stevenson which will release Osbourne to do his thing with the shackles off him defensively which hampers his all-round game. Once you've done that, procure one, possibly even two wingers who actually do what wingers f******g do. And that's hugging the touchline, demanding the ball and once they've got it actually doing something with it. Once you've done that, sit Gary O'f*****gConnor down and tell him in no uncertain terms that if he wants to be remembered as a footballer he'd better sort his sh*t out and stop floundering around the park displaying the first touch of a sex offender and actually show everyone week in, week out what he's undoubtedly got in his armoury. If he stares at the ceiling during this dressing down or goes against your ultimatum, punt him and bring in an all-action striker who gets an erection at the mere thought of ragging two hoofing centre-backs around the pitch for 90 minutes to allow Griffiths and Doyle to exploit the gaps.

Once you've done that, tell them to stop using East Mains as a f*****g leisure centre and explain to them clearly what it means to not only be a professional footballer but to what it means to play for Hibs.

This club is on the precipice now. Everything is in place, is it asking too much to have a core squad who would snap their granny's cruciate if it meant picking up points on a regular basis?

Take no prisoners, pull no punches and drag this club upwards.

Over to you, Hibernian employees.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I don't think he's got the Henry halls to go mental at them mate.
    This is a manager who at Bohemians punted a player out the club for talking back to him once during training.

Make no mistake, those huddies will have been slaughtered. Not that it will make a damn bit of difference, they show no signs of giving a crap on the pitch, I can't imagine they'll give much more of a crap in the dressing room, other than it delaying their post match pints of course.

Just watched BB on HTV and listened to his post-match interview on BBC Sport. He looks like someone's just sh*t in his kettle and I don't blame him. He was effin' raging!!

Today's result, and more pertinently the performance, has as been said above, signalled the end of a few players careers in green and white unless they buck up their ideas pronto.

To win two games and show resilience in those games (minus the quality which is evidently lacking) would have boosted Fenlon and the backroom staff's thoughts on the current squad. To go out today and launch us back to square one with a defensively inept performance will have enraged them more today than it would had we lost the previous two games.

They showed in the past two games that they could dig out a result. Today, through sheer lack of anticipation, concentration and resilience (and of course the obligatory lack of quality) they've gone and undone the work of the past two games.

Petrie, Lindsay, Farmer, whoever; barge into wee Paddy's office first thing on Monday morning with a blank piece of paper and a pen and let him write down who he wants. Once he's done that, walk out his office, back into your own and pick up the phone. And do not hang up until you've secured verbal agreements to sign those players. Once you've done that, get in your company car and get their signature on the dotted f*****g line.

I watched the game today and it was powderpuff. There was glimpses of quality and a fair bit of effort but there was no shape, no cohesion, no anticipation, no awareness, no real sign of unity or same-song-sheet-singing. Just 11 players desperately huffing and puffing and hoping someone would bail them out. Not. F******g. Good. Enough.

Get two, yes two, centre-backs in, get a left-back in, play Francomb at right back. There's your defence sorted. Once you've done that, bring in Jim Goodwin to sit in front of the back four with Stevenson which will release Osbourne to do his thing with the shackles off him defensively which hampers his all-round game. Once you've done that, procure one, possibly even two wingers who actually do what wingers f******g do. And that's hugging the touchline, demanding the ball and once they've got it actually doing something with it. Once you've done that, sit Gary O'f*****gConnor down and tell him in no uncertain terms that if he wants to be remembered as a footballer he'd better sort his sh*t out and stop floundering around the park displaying the first touch of a sex offender and actually show everyone week in, week out what he's undoubtedly got in his armoury. If he stares at the ceiling during this dressing down or goes against your ultimatum, punt him and bring in an all-action striker who gets an erection at the mere thought of ragging two hoofing centre-backs around the pitch for 90 minutes to allow Griffiths and Doyle to exploit the gaps.

Once you've done that, tell them to stop using East Mains as a f*****g leisure centre and explain to them clearly what it means to not only be a professional footballer but to what it means to play for Hibs.

This club is on the precipice now. Everything is in place, is it asking too much to have a core squad who would snap their granny's cruciate if it meant picking up points on a regular basis?

Nail. Hit. Head.

In fact, I'd be tempted to email that to the club so they can adopt it as their mission statement for the rest of the season!

I agree and I think this is what PF is trying to do, but I think he will be struggling to attract good quality players given our league position.

Hibs till I Die.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab

Pedantic, probably one of the best posts I have ever read on

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    I agree and I think this is what PF is trying to do, but I think he will be struggling to attract good quality players given our league position.
    I don't buy that. With the right money and demonstration of ambition (i.e. being able to say that we're also [trying to] signing x, y and z), players would come. There are more fundamental problems with our player recruitment than current league position.

Don't sit on the fence FFS, say what you mean.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by stanton10 View Post
    I wish i was as confident as you ,he sighns a right back and plays him in the midfield worrying
    Our midfield is bad enough without having 2 lightweight wingers who won't track back in it ( galbraith & sproule) its also been said our back 4 was far too young and inexperienced francombe would have added to that problem.
    Folk on here where saying how good he looked going forward last week asking if he was RB or RM other folk have been suggesting booth be moved to left mid....francombe certainly looked more of a midfielder than booth does.

Sometimes people can't win no matter what they try, you can only piss with the c**k you've got

First Team Breakthrough N.Wales Hibby's Avatar

Brilliant post. Summed it up.

A brilliant post by Pedantic_Hibee. Passionate, well thought out and right on so many points.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Hits the spot Pedantic ,all the bases covered great post ,come a week on Tuesday it will all be laid out in front of us what Hibs are all about , finance , ambition , survival , the boards handling of our situation .
    I hope Pat has a bit of luck in the transfer market and we give ourselves at least a chance to sort this debacle out , but if money is tight I think we could be in all sorts .

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    I was told the players were still in changing room 45mins after the game... Maybe pat way laying into the player :/
    Pat was not there, he left the groung after the match

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    This is a manager who at Bohemians punted a player out the club for talking back to him once during training.

Make no mistake, those huddies will have been slaughtered. Not that it will make a damn bit of difference, they show no signs of giving a crap on the pitch, I can't imagine they'll give much more of a crap in the dressing room, other than it delaying their post match pints of course.
    Problem that Fenlon has is it may not be his choice on punting a player, its probably the boards. Secondly, the alarming lack of players coming in with fenlon admitting its difficult to get players may mean he simply cant punt players. He may have the balls but he might not be able to do anything about it at the moment.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbiedon View Post
    What? he left the ground straight after the match? doubt it.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, nine days left to sort out the years of mismanagement and playing squad neglect. That's really gonna happen. We're a busted flush.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If we don't stop shipping goals we will go down. Simple as. To stop shipping goals we need two central defenders and a DM to sit in front ans sweep and protect. I would have said that was non negociable and that is what the manager HAS to demand. I don't want to hear about budgets that are comparable to other clubs, and money being there or whatever. Down to specifics and nitty gritty. If these players don't come in, because the management team have elected to work with what we have, and then strengthen other parts of the team, I think that would put them under a lot of pressure.

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar

Easily the single best post iv ever read on here, summed up exactly the way i feel right now. Wanted to write something last night but was just too angry and pissed off to even contemplate putting something together. Get this emailed to the club.
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    What? he left the ground straight after the match? doubt it.

FACT! not second hand gossip, i dont know the reason

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If we don't stop shipping goals we will go down. Simple as. To stop shipping goals we need two central defenders and a DM to sit in front ans sweep and protect. I would have said that was non negociable and that is what the manager HAS to demand. I don't want to hear about budgets that are comparable to other clubs, and money being there or whatever. Down to specifics and nitty gritty. If these players don't come in, because the management team have elected to work with what we have, and then strengthen other parts of the team, I think that would put them under a lot of pressure.
    I think it's more that every position in the team needs strengthened, and it's just that Doyle and Francomb were the first two in. We know that we were chasing McPake (maybe still are) so the defence is not being neglected. It's simply that we haven't agreed terms with anyone.

Let's hope we get good news on that front during the next few days.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    1. Originally Posted by dp00
    I was told the players were still in changing room 45mins after the game... Maybe pat way laying into the player :/

Fenlon left the ground in a hurry with Scott Thomson at about 5pm yesterday. Players stared leaving about 15 minutes later. Griffiths was first out as he went to do the sponsors thing. Witness by myself who was in the West stand reception at the time.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete70 View Post

Fenlon left the ground in a hurry with Scott Thomson at about 5pm yesterday. Players stared leaving about 15 minutes later. Griffiths was first out as he went to do the sponsors thing. Witness by myself who was in the West stand reception at the time.
    Good. Hopefully off to get back to work on signings, no point wasting his breath on those wasters.

He is probably away hame to see if there is a get out clause in his contract !.

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    Nail. Hit. Head.

In fact, I'd be tempted to email that to the club so they can adopt it as their mission statement for the rest of the season!
    Just what I was thinking!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using TapAtalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    whos dublin ?
    Mobile predictive text , should have said Fenlon. It also should have said Towell is a midfielder but was played as a full back to begin with. Why cant we just sign a right back and then play him right back, but make sure he's better than what we already have.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Mobile predictive text , should have said Fenlon. It also should have said Towell is a midfielder but was played as a full back to begin with. Why cant we just sign a right back and then play him right back, but make sure he's better than what we already have.
    You mean re-sign David Van Zanten?

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeonly162 View Post
    Unfortunately he would walk into our side and be 1st pick!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeonly162 View Post
    No i did say better than what we already have, **** he is