hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Billy Brown interview and admission that central defence needs strengthened.

Seriously?

Manager after manager after manager, we continue to ship awful goals, can't defend set pieces (and funnily enough never look dangerous when we have one), what a state.

We look like conceding every time a team come forward.

AWFUL

2. Log in to remove the advert

your really believe pat doesn't know he has to improve and or replace the defence? when better defenders come availible he will try sign them.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's funny because as far as some on here are concerned we are just fine and dandy at the back. It's the midfield they argued that we needed to sort first. That was months and months ago.....and here we are still with the same ***** defence. Thank **** I don't go anymore, I'd be squaring upto those radges that don't agree. Hibs are finished. **** thum, there are other things in life I can sp[end my cash on.

Very sad times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Green and white View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    your really believe pat doesn't know he has to improve and or replace the defence? when better defenders come availible he will try sign them.
    He sat in the stand when we lost 3-1 in Perth.....Surely there could be ONE defender out there, we could have identified and signed......Had months to do it (to identify) and Jan 1st sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlest Hobo View Post
    It's funny because as far as some on here are concerned we are just fine and dandy at the back. It's the midfield they argued that we needed to sort first. That was months and months ago.....and here we are still with the same ***** defence. Thank **** I don't go anymore, I'd be squaring upto those radges that don't agree. Hibs are finished. **** thum, there are other things in life I can sp[end my cash on.

Very sad times indeed.
    hibs have been around since 1875 and survived relegation before (even though we won't get relegated). there's plenty points to play for and like I said when new defenders become availible then you will see movement from us. unless you would prefer we go out and sign more poor players and increase the wage bill?

The defence seriously needs some leadership.

Youngsters + Michael Hart= Bad combination.

Nothing that could have been done about the first IMO. Stephens was at fault for the 2nd, though it could be argued Hanlon shouldn't have let the ball bounce. And for the 3rd, Hanlon again, letting Sandaza turn so easily on the edge of our box is unforgiveable (though Sandaza did finish well).

The 2 centre backs struggled all game with the movement of Sandaza and Haber.

We can't go on like this, we're desperate for a solid, no nonsense, experienced defender.

10 goals conceded in our last 4 games. Says it all.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    We need a new defense. But Rod won't get his finger out of his a**** to buy some good defenders.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Green and white View Post
    hibs have been around since 1875 and survived relegation before (even though we won't get relegated). there's plenty points to play for and like I said when new defenders become availible then you will see movement from us. unless you would prefer we go out and sign more poor players and increase the wage bill?
    To be fair we could use some poor defenders because the defenders we have are worse than poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post

Nothing that could have been done about the first IMO. Stephens was at fault for the 2nd, though it could be argued Hanlon shouldn't have let the ball bounce. And for the 3rd, Hanlon again, letting Sandaza turn so easily on the edge of our box is unforgiveable (though Sandaza did finish well).

We can't go on like this, we're desperate for a solid, no nonsense, experienced defender.

Every team that plays us will be thinking before the game they will score at some point.

No leadership and players get beaten and turned 1v1 so easily -these are kids playing and Michael Hart - who strangely was the best out of all 4 of them today (Booth did take his goal well though).

To think we used to moan about Caldwell/Murray, Jones/Hogg or Bamba/Hogg.

I'd kill for any of those.combinations now!

@hibs.net private member
    Booth was awful today but did score. Hart was steady until his weak header in the lead up to the 3rd goal. As for Hanlon and Stephens they were rubbish today but that what you get playing young players. We need 2 center half desperately

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    To think we used to moan about Caldwell/Murray, Jones/Hogg or Bamba/Hogg.

I'd kill for any of those.combinations now!

Hogg was hounded out of here for not being good enough, look what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Booth was awful today but did score. Hart was steady until his weak header in the lead up to the 3rd goal. As for Hanlon and Stephens they were rubbish today but that what you get playing young players. We need 2 center half desperately
    I'm by no means pinning the blame on Hart but that small error then contributes to us losing the goal. To rewind 30 seconds earlier Hibs have a corner and Griffiths chips in straight to the keeper to lose possession. WTF do the players actually do at training? So many of these basic errors all over the park.

Re Hanlon and Stephens. I think Stephens could still have the makings of a player a year or two down the line if we ever manage to sign quality to bring him along. Hanlon however....he must have played the best part of 100 games now and he's learned nothing. He shows no aggression, is poor on the ball and doesn't seem to give a toss when he regularly costs us goals and points. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if we freed him tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

The leadership is the key to it, Hanlon has gone backwards for the lack of a decent mentor, he's consistently been playing alongside journeymen who are no beter than he is despite the "experience" - there's just no decent quality experienced guy to see him or Stephens through and onward as they have potential. They are not the guys for this particular fight, at least not with O'Hanlon and Hart in the same team. I fully expected problems along the way as Hanlon and Stephens developed but I think we are past that point now as the soft touch tag / error prone tag is well and truly stuck to the collective defence.

What would I do? All said we need to find cash for one solid experienced full back - Murphy aside I can't recall the last one though Van Zanten was easily better than any we have had since - and one centre half at least, out of the current defence I'd persist with Hanlon and Stephens if these other players could be found and fill the more experienced role better than others who have just been around a long time.

A Ball winning defensive midfielder who can actually pass and hold up the ball is needed because of what this will bring to the defence, when we are counter attacked we are clueless. Far too easy to find an attacking player in our box, we are normally in trouble inside 2 passes from the opponents being on the defensive.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Re Hanlon and Stephens. I think Stephens could still have the makings of a player a year or two down the line if we ever manage to sign quality to bring him along. Hanlon however....he must have played the best part of 100 games now and he's learned nothing. He shows no aggression, is poor on the ball and doesn't seem to give a toss when he regularly costs us goals and points. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if we freed him tomorrow.
    If Stephens turns out to be a good player I'll be amazed. He's not got the brain for it, he just has that blank look about him. Like Rocky when Clubber Lang took him apart, or like Andre The Giant. Id no be surprised if Fenlon ties his laces for him.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post

Hogg was hounded out of here for not being good enough, look what we have now.
    Hogg wasn't good enough, unless he was being covered by Jones or Bamba. Just cos we're ***** now doesn't make him any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Hogg wasn't good enough, unless he was being covered by Jones or Bamba. Just cos we're ***** now doesn't make him any better.
    Correct, it does however still make him better than we actually have which us the real problem.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    I said weeks ago Stephens simply will never ever be good enough.far too cumbersome and zero passing ability.no game awareness at all.Hanlon seems to be drifting in a sea of mediocrity,Booth is good on the ball but needs to work on his defending,he seems to be targeted by the opposition but playing behind sproule leaves him 2v1 far too often.O'Hanlon,cant find the words.forwards must look at our defence and rub their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Spot on. ICT's results without are better than with. That is not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    If Stephens turns out to be a good player I'll be amazed. He's not got the brain for it, he just has that blank look about him. Like Rocky when Clubber Lang took him apart, or like Andre The Giant. Id no be surprised if Fenlon ties his laces for him.
    I know what you mean. My point is more that these 2 are referred to as young players. I think that description is accurate for Stephens - he's still not played that many games and his performances show the inexperience (or arguably lack of quality, time will tell).

Whereas IMO, Hanlon has had his chance. He's played alot of games now, he's been in the first team squad for about 4 years and shows no sign of learning from mistakes. I'm sick of watching him cost us goals.

First Team Breakthrough

Angry Defensive shambles

that's the worst i have seen from a Hibs Defence in many a year. The two centre halfs are
    to slow, booth is not a left back and Mr Hart sold us for the third goal today. We are now in
    deep dodo, but when i posted last night on hibs.net about lack of signing in the window i was
    told to shut up because Pat Fenlon needs time to bring the right players to the club. Sorry
    but time is was of the essence and we are now very much the team who most likely will be
    relegated. Dunfermline got their act together today and kept a clean sheet their is now 1pt
    between us and Dunfermline wh have a game in hand you do the maths, major problems
    for Hibernian F.C.

Nothing that could have been done about the first IMO.
    Thought Stephens poor header led to the first goal, seemed to knock it down to the onrushing saints player when it should have been cleared.

Gamer IDs

i dont think Hart can be blamed for the 3rd.how the ball got to sandaza past about 4 players i'll never know , never mind letting him turn !!.It was a good hit but maybe the keeper should have that side covered as he was only ever going to hit it with his right !

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Thought Stephens poor header led to the first goal, seemed to knock it down to the onrushing saints player when it should have been cleared.
    wasn't a great header but they had about 3 midfielders looking for the second ball and we had none.osbourne jogging 10 yards behind their midfield.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    He sat in the stand when we lost 3-1 in Perth.....Surely there could be ONE defender out there, we could have identified and signed......Had months to do it (to identify) and Jan 1st sign.

Beginning to doubt Mr Fenlon has the credentials, he has had plenty of time to at the very least
    bring in a decent left back and CH.

First Team Breakthrough N.Wales Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlest Hobo View Post

Very sad times indeed.
    I know where you are coming from with your post. Today for me was the day I finally accepted how far our club has fallen. Those who think we are still a big club are sadly mistaken.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I know what you mean. My point is more that these 2 are referred to as young players. I think that description is accurate for Stephens - he's still not played that many games and his performances show the inexperience (or arguably lack of quality, time will tell).

Whereas IMO, Hanlon has had his chance. He's played alot of games now, he's been in the first team squad for about 4 years and shows no sign of learning from mistakes. I'm sick of watching him cost us goals.

Very poor defender, and as you say plays every week and is at fault on numerous occasions.
    If i could drop the entire back four i would but who would replace them kids maybe?.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Stephens is soooooooooooooooo slow, it's like watching a cumbersome green giant.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by King Paddy View Post
    Beginning to doubt Mr Fenlon has the credentials, he has had plenty of time to at the very least
    bring in a decent left back and CH.
    Deary dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus Hibby View Post
    I know where you are coming from with your post. Today for me was the day I finally accepted how far our club has fallen. Those who think we are still a big club are sadly mistaken.
    I'm getting really frustrated/saddened/angry, that teams and players are now turning up at ER being VERY confident (and rightly so) that they'll probably beat us... or at least score a few goals against us. Rather average players like Liam Craig can't stop scoring against us, coz we are so painfully bad. We are making average players/teams look good. It just get's worse and worse and I honestly think East Mains should be rented out or sold to other interestd parties, the players should be trained by running up Arthur Seat and the likes, IF our young players can't be MEN on the park, don't **** play them, I honestly am sick and tired of pishy teams/clubs getting it all too easy at Easter Road. Rant, over.