hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans today

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The permenant moaners were not behind today ..... it was bliss

While I want as many in ER as possible a few less moaners until the ship is steady would be helpful....just like the 30k at Hampden they will come back when things start turning around.

Ther are around 5/6k who will suffer the most inept of Hibs teams and support regardless...I just hope a major lift is soon...a wee cup run would be very handy both financially and morale wies
    I might also work as a distraction, we need to focus 100% on staying in the SPL
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Careful, did you not know the compliance officer will now be handing Griffiths another ban after reading this thread?
    No, better still, let's just send LG packing. Plenty more where he came from.

If someone studies the full 90 mins on BBC Alba intently, perhaps we could get Ozzy reported for mouthing a swear word as well. Then again, Doyle's body language after their third went in was none too clever either.

Where is that Compliance Officer fella when you need him most?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    You're having a laugh yes? If he's made this gesture after the trouble for his two previous gestures then I have no sympathy for what ever comes his way. I haven't seen it myself so I hope this information is incorrect.
    Was neither laughing or having one, it's just if you have a team of daft laddies, with a talent but not yet sorted out and some trying their best, no matter how many times you tell them, and they are desperate, and folks are hurling abuse, this is what they will do, and despite the fact the fans are pained by the rubbish, I feel sorry for him and forgive him. If I was him, I would be asking Mick if I can go somewhere else on loan where people are nicer to me!

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Haven't seen it myself but am told that on BBC Alba deferred transmission he makes a gesture after 66m 14s

If true he needs his arse kicked from here to Wolverhampton and spoiled what was a good performance on his part
    Not available online unfortunately so I can't check.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds_hibby View Post
    Just watched the game on alba, and im sure leigh gave the middle finger to the crowd!!
    Yep he clearly did as he lifted his arm at the corner.

I thought i saw a middle finger when taking a corner, but thought it must've been a sort of 'high ball' signal at the time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Yep he clearly did as he lifted his arm at the corner.
    yup its the signal for a short corner.......2 fingers is a long one.............................

My uncle Jim was in the FF today and he is 100% sure Leigh simply gave an apologetic finger as if to say "first mistake"

I thought he was checking which way the wind was blowing and recalculated his corner kick ball direction and required force against wind resistance, all in the space of a few seconds

Oh, FFS! I never saw Leigh make a gesture at the game, FWIW, but I did see him form a Love-Heart on the BBC Alba replay to the West Stand after he scored the penalty!

For Christ's sake - our team is in REAL trouble here! I'm old enough to have seen them go down TWICE and for as far as I can help matters - I WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN A 3RD TIME!!! There is too much bickering here about petty *****!!! Get behind the team and stop picking on individuals - we all make mistakes!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    Oh, FFS! I never saw Leigh make a gesture at the game, FWIW, but I did see him form a Love-Heart on the BBC Alba replay to the West Stand after he scored the penalty!

For Christ's sake - our team is in REAL trouble here! I'm old enough to have seen them go down TWICE and for as far as I can help matters - I WILL NOT LET IT HAPPEN A 3RD TIME!!! There is too much bickering here about petty *****!!! Get behind the team and stop picking on individuals - we all make mistakes!
    No-one is picking on anyone, it's a thread to discuss today and whether or not Leigh made a gesture which considering his previous exploits would be a pretty silly thing for him to do. Where you get that we are not behind the team because of it is beyond me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I didn't hear anyone booing Hart (?)
    I was in FF Upper and heard it. Thought at first it may have been St J fans booing Griffiths coz of his Dundee connections but was corrected by Hibbys round about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Haven't seen it myself but am told that on BBC Alba deferred transmission he makes a gesture after 66m 14s

If true he needs his arse kicked from here to Wolverhampton and spoiled what was a good performance on his part
    I've just seen it again and it's definitely the middle finger gesture that he makes.

Stupidity beyond belief.

Coaching Staff
    What precious wee flowers we all are. Man up. The guy flicked someone the bird. Move on.

Seen LGs gesture 3 times now and while the supersensitive may deem it the 'bird', its accompanied by no aggressive body language or twisted facial expression and could easily be argued that it was merely a coded tactical signal to his team mates. Nothing at all like his 'previous'.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    What precious wee flowers we all are. Man up. The guy flicked someone the bird. Move on.
    I don't think anyone's saying they're offended by it.

In fact, I can actually understand Griffiths' frustrations as he was pretty much the only player in a Hibs strip who put in an acceptable performance and the fan he reacted to seemed to be directing his anger at him for some reason.

However, what people are annoyed about is that this will be the 3rd time that he's committed pretty much the same offence in less than two months, despite receiving several words of warning from Pat Fenlon on the issue and already being issued with two seperate suspensions.

The last offence was only two weeks ago and he hasn't even served the suspension for that one yet!

With the way he played yesterday, we're going to need Leigh Griffiths available for pretty much every single game between now and the end of the season, if we're going to avoid relegation and he's going to be absolutely no use whatsoever, if he's sitting in the stand.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Seen LGs gesture 3 times now and while the supersensitive may deem it the 'bird', its accompanied by no aggressive body language or twisted facial expression and could easily be argued that it was merely a coded tactical signal to his team mates. Nothing at all like his 'previous'.

Good to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by At The Edge View Post
    I thought he was checking which way the wind was blowing and recalculated his corner kick ball direction and required force against wind resistance, all in the space of a few seconds
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    That's how I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    Ah, but are you sure it was a love-heart?!

I'm convinced if we scrutinise the shape of his fingers closely enough, we'll see that in fact it's a deeply insulting hand signal from some international culture or other - Latvia, Samoa, Khazakstan, anywhere! I was certainly deeply offended by it from my viewpoint 85 yards away in the East Stand.

And ..... and he was biting the club crest on his top as he turned away to celebrate the goal. BITING it!!! What's that all about? That's got to be worth a club fine or a suspension or two.

Let's just make sure we're all diligent about stamping this kind of thing out from our team once and for all, for the sake of Scottish football.