hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This nonsense of great - and indeed increased - crowds in the first division that is perpetuated time and time again does my head in....

The fact is the average gate at ER fell in the first division following the embarrassment of relegation. What is true is that the home support within the average held up quite well. However, although small it still fell... The main reason for the drop on the average was the reduced away support.

You get complete prats on radio etc "...Hibs proved a few years ago in the first division that winning football increases attendances...".

Errm NOT TRUE!

Infuriating...

Seriously Smurf?

Id be intreagued to know our crowds the season we got relegated compared to life in Div 1.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Seriously Smurf?

Id be intreagued to know our crowds the season we got relegated compared to life in Div 1.
    Mainly from memory. Convinced I'm right though.... Will do some digging of stats...

I would guess that we averaged around 10,000 in the first division and just under 12,000 the season we got relegated.

Feel completely sure the average fell in the first. And that was due to a fall in away numbers and indeed the Hibs support.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Mainly from memory. Convinced I'm right though.... Will do some digging of stats...

I would guess that we averaged around 10,000 in the first division and just under 12,000 the season we got relegated.

Feel completely sure the average fell in the first. And that was due to a fall in away numbers and indeed the Hibs support.
    There was a fall on average gates of about 1600 when we got relegated. Average gate for the great adventure was 10,433. Overall, for the eighteen home league games, 187,786 turned up at ER compared to 215,501 the previous season.

For clarity the three home games mentioned Ayr 3-0 (14106) on Boxing Day, Raith 5-1 (14703) on January 2nd, and the final (party) game against Falkirk 2-1 (14801) are the only three games of that season where gates topped 14k.

As a club we have averaged more than 14k over a season only once since season 73-74, and only three times in 50 years.
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 25-01-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    There was a fall on average gates of about 1600 when we got relegated. Average gate for the great adventure was 10,433. Overall, for the eighteen home league games, 187,786 turned up at ER compared to 215,501 the previous season.

For clarity the three home games mentioned Ayr 3-0 (14106) on Boxing Day, Raith 5-1 (14703) on January 2nd, and the final (party) game against Falkirk 2-1 (14801) are the only three games of that season where gates topped 14k.

As a club we have averaged more than 14k over a season only once since season 73-74, and only three times in 50 years.
    I'm sure the loss of 2 home derbies and 4 home OF games would have had an impact on this? What are the averages for each season taking these games away?

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Paddy View Post
    Regarding Tom Farmer and investment in Hibernian F.C..
    I know Douglas Crombe ex chairman of the 90s era,
    when we were first interested in Darren jackson Dougie
    asked Farmer for money to purchase Dazza he was told
    in know uncertain terms to fund the deal yourselfs.
    This is not heresay but from the horses mouth.
    This might give us an insight into why we find ourselves
    fighting relegation.
    Is that the same Dougie Crombe that stood by Miller ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    I'm sure the loss of 2 home derbies and 4 home OF games would have had an impact on this? What are the averages for each season taking these games away?

If you remove those games from season 97-98 the overall attendance drops to 127081 with an average attendance of 10590 (12025). In 98-99 (Div 1) you need to remove 6 of the 7 largest attendances to achieve a type of parity, and the overall attendance figure drops to 111380, or an average of 9282 (10433) at ER home games. The next season, when we finished 6th in the SPL, if you remove the games you mentioned then the overall attendance figure is 128392 with an average per game of 10699 (12070).
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 25-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.