hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixture changes

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    This will surely be the first derby at Tynecastle in living memory where we can't get a booze at the Roseburn. It doesn't open until 12.30pm on a sunday like most pubs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just pure mental...

I have always said that Inverness or Aberdeen should never have noon or evening kick offs due to location, length of time and lack of services to the North...so i agree the location must come into consideration.

Why doesn't the Infirm negotiate their own TV deal with SKY or ESPN as they seem to be on a different planet to the rest of Scottish Football and let's face it the TV companies are only interested in them (see tv fixture list) which will allow the rest of Scotland to kick off at 3pm on a Saturday.

Kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday may increase season ticket sales as there will be some form of structure to the league with everyone knowing when their teams are playing. Would it increase walk up fans...maybe if they reduced ticket prices.

With the Old Firm negotiating their own deals and just say they wanted to play us outwith the fixture date they would have to seek permission firstly from us and the league to play on a day outwith the fixture calander. They would also have to give us 60% of the TV cash for that day, that is for the privilage of playing us at ER, 40% if we play them in their lego stadium...NO DEAL if they don't agree and we force a 3pm kick off on saturday.

100%

Testimonial Due
    Farce, get shot of this TV deal. Any club out with the old firm that thinks they / their fans are better off are kidding themselves. It is killing crowds and it is killing the consistancy of any fan base.

Derbys on a Sunday is just pash, I cant remember the last Saturday one, and to be honest it is really pi$$ing me off!

As for Inverness on a Sunday, they have to be kidding themselves. It restricts a lot of things you may normally do of a saturday for traveling reasons the next day, and rules out the whole sunday by the time you are up and down the road.

I really hope the dictators of the league have a good look at this, once they have finished wetting themselves in a room about what they are NOT going to do to hertz.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    This will surely be the first derby at Tynecastle in living memory where we can't get a booze at the Roseburn. It doesn't open until 12.30pm on a sunday like most pubs.
    The Murrayfield Hotel will be open at 9am. I'd also imagine the Roseburn will attempt to get an early licence

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    The Murrayfield Hotel will be open at 9am. I'd also imagine the Roseburn will attempt to get an early licence
    They won't get one for a Sunday. Edinburgh Licensing Board are a shower of *****, and unless you had an old style hotel licence there's no chance they'll grant it before 12.30.
    Last edited by Barney McGrew; 17-01-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Three games in four weeks on ESPN? Might be worth taking a short subscription out, or trying to blag a free month's trial from Virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    Maybe they should have big screens at ER and open the gates for us, charge a fiver a head...would be funny to see a higher attendance at ER than in the Inverness ground
    I remember being at the ER beamback when Hearts beat us 4-1 at Tynie. That was the game they could've got 7 but took their foot of the gas. What a relief that was. Still, put me off ever going to a beamback again!

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    So let me get this right.... They have moved our games to Mother's Day and Easter Sunday at 12 noon. My mum and my wife -2 separate people btw as I'm not a Hearts supporter- will be delighted at that. The Inverness game moved to a time when supporters can't get the train there before kick off.

Who plans these things?
    I'm sure it's legal in Arkansas...........

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Think this has just confirmed that there will be no season ticket for me next season. I'm throwing money away.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    Anyone from the Inverness area or recent experience of going out up there on a Saturday/Sunday?

I have been out up there on a Saturday night a couple of times, not for 5 years or so now, and a lot of pubs closed quite early.

What is it like these days?

What about staying up for a bevy on the Sunday, are there plenty pubs open on a Sunday afternoon/night?
    Asked my 21 year old daughter for bars and clubs open maybe past 1am and got Foxes, hush, hoots, love2love, nova, Miami, and a new one opening soon called aces.

Hope this helps.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby-Nessie View Post
    Asked my 21 year old daughter for bars and clubs open maybe past 1am and got Foxes, hush, hoots, love2love, nova, Miami, and a new one opening soon called aces.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers for that, sounds like a fair few places.

Hope this helps.
    sounds like Miami up there. is it warm this time o' year?

@hibs.net private member

Hope this helps.
    Was there a couple of years ago and am sure the pubs/clubs in Inverness have a curfew whereby you can't go from one club to another after a set time, if memory serves me 11pm. Still a great time to be had though!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Was there a couple of years ago and am sure the pubs/clubs in Inverness have a curfew whereby you can't go from one club to another after a set time, if memory serves me 11pm. Still a great time to be had though!
    Aye, think you have to be in the place you intend finishing the night in by 11 or maybe midnight as nowehere will let anyone in after this time. Not sure if this is a weekend thing or applies every night.

First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    Sunday afternoon the exact time my son plays football and I'll miss them