hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of the sound of any singing coming from the other 3 stands when the old east was still around was lost anyway, I believe the volume created by the old east was due to the low roof, and the sound being projected onto the pitch rather than being lost in the massive space between roofs and pitch which currently happens.

Question for anyone with accoustic knowledge... Could the stands be kitted out to be more sound friendly, which could help prevent sound loss, or increase sound projection onto the pitch??

If rules are changed to allow standing, we should look at creating a terracing area in the centre of one stand and placing some type of perspex roof to help project the volume onto the pitch. without blocking the views of those higher up.

For what its worth now, I believe it was sensless when building the new stand that Hibs did not seek to pilot a re-introduction of terracing which could have been incorporated into the design or the stand with all singing and dancing safety features.
    I can't say I agree with that. The noise generated in the old East mainly stayed in there. When the new East does start chanting or singing en masse it is much more impressive than the old stand used to be.
    Atmosphere is mainly improved by fans responding to decent performances, it's a two way thing. Any attempts at artifically kick starting anything will only ever meet with limited success.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I can't say I agree with that. The noise generated in the old East mainly stayed in there. When the new East does start chanting or singing en masse it is much more impressive than the old stand used to be.
    Atmosphere is mainly improved by fans responding to decent performances, it's a two way thing. Any attempts at artifically kick starting anything will only ever meet with limited success.
    New stand is far far louder. I was a regular in the old East Stand and on the odd occasion I watched the game from the West stand I was surprised at how much quieter the old east was from there. On the other hand, with less people singing at the moment as we have had little reason to get rocking, the sound projects from the New East a lot more. It comes down to what was said when the new stand was being mooted, stands don't make and atmosphere, people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    Beside the away support. It's the same at grounds all over the UK

On Saturday we had 3,000 singing.

The whole East Stand will be singing soon - not just a poxy wee section as you refer to it. Even at the derby there were over a thousand singing at one point. It's only our deplorable home record that has prevented this happening more often since the new East opened. The purpose of a singing section is merely to START the singing.
    I wasnt having a go at the singing section, merely suggesting that they would be more effective in a part of the ground which could increase their impact and to a certain extent could claim as their own. I also think you have misunderstood my use of the word "poxy" in this context. Have a look at my responses in past threads to criticism of the singing section.

I also agree that the point of the SS is to start the singing, not to be the only singers and me and my mate who sit a couple of sections to the right of them do our best to make that happen, its just a pity that the rest of the folk who sit around us in the centre of the East dont seem so enthusiastic.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    I wasnt having a go at the singing section, merely suggesting that they would be more effective in a part of the ground which could increase their impact and to a certain extent could claim as their own. I also think you have misunderstood my use of the word "poxy" in this context. Have a look at my responses in past threads to criticism of the singing section.

I also agree that the point of the SS is to start the singing, not to be the only singers and me and my mate who sit a couple of sections to the right of them do our best to make that happen, its just a pity that the rest of the folk who sit around us in the centre of the East dont seem so enthusiastic.

GGTTH
    That's OK mate maybe I was more offended by the size comparison (poxy wee section .)

When I had my first dialogue with Fife in March 2010 the Singing Section was planned as being the top 15 rows all the way from S41 (centre line) to the S45 (top corner). But it was poorly marketed at the ticket office and as a result singers were split up across the stand. We spent around 10 weeks lobbying people to move into S43 to band together. Personally, now that the singing section is established, I'd like to see us spread across the top of the East, rather than all in one section.

Maybe this could happen in stages i.e. Spread across the top of S42, then S41?