hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Sportscene - WTF!

WTF is the point of Rob McLean - highlights up from the game vs Pars - does he even mention the controversial penalty incident - does he even ask for comment from Sergio about any of the goals??? NO - total waste of space!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF is the point of Rob McLean - highlights up from the game vs Pars - does he even mention the controversial penalty incident - does he even ask for comment from Sergio about any of the goals??? NO - total waste of space!
    He asked Sergio about the importance of the result for Hibs and Sergio waffled on for ages about the importance of rivalry in football, without mentioning anything about the game, so I suspect they just ran out of time, TBH. Still they certainly would have gone on about it had it been Celtic or Rangers who'd been denied a blatant penalty.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Just about to post the same thing!

To summarise, "so, hibs and hearts play in the same city....... That's a kinda talking point"

Bravo, that's the kind of hard hitting journalism that we need to get to the bottom of the big issues in Scottish football.

They didn't even discuss anything to do with the game!

Why is there such a hearts love-in with the BBC right now? Between this show tonight and the radio on saturday it's getting beyond a joke.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Just about to post the same thing!

To summarise, "so, hibs and hearts play in the same city....... That's a kinda talking point"

Bravo, that's the kind of hard hitting journalism that we need to get to the bottom of the big issues in Scottish football.

They didn't even discuss anything to do with the game!

Why is there such a hearts love-in with the BBC right now? Between this show tonight and the radio on saturday it's getting beyond a joke.

Every year they pick a team that they love and hate. This year we are definately the ones that they hate, so much bias in the BBC it's unreal!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Sportscene is getting worse and worse, why dont they do the same as MOTD, have a fairly regular panel with the occassional guest pundit. IIRC, we've Paolo Sergio, Cilian Sheridan, Jim Goodwin, John Rankin, Cragi Levein and Peter Houstan in the past few weeks. Whats wrong with having Pat Nevin as a regular?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The two flagship sports shows on BBC Scotland (Sportsound and Sportscene) have deteriorated at an alarming rate over the last few years.

It`s a real shame to have two once decent programmes now reduced to absolute garbage.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting to hear Rob MacLean being a salesman for Hearts when Sergio was waffling about people thinking they can pick up Hearts players cheap on last day. Rob says "so you won't get players for free". A real journalist would have asked him "what will you do then if nobody offers big money for your players?". Lightweight.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 15-01-2012 at 10:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Sergio makes Csaba seem like a mute. Joke of a program. Only watched it as the computer was in use.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Sportscene is *****.

Rob McLean is a ****.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 15-01-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Absolute drivel.

MacLean makes a throwaway comment about Hibs and Hearts being "enemies" and Sergio goes on a rant about how they're not enemies, he doesn't have enemies in football and they only have a "rivality" (whatever that is) with Hibs, which is healthy.

Then went on to say that he wants Hearts to beat Hibs because they're stronger, not because Hibs are weaker.

What is the point in a highlights programme, when they don't debate the big talking points from games, which on Saturday was undoubtedly the decision to book O'Connor for diving?

Very amateurish, but then I suppose it fits in well with the rest of Scottish football.

It's an utter joke. 35 minutes on the first 2 games and then under 10 minutes on ours. Why can't they learn from MOTD in terms of play the game, analyse key incidents and maybe a good player or tactic, then move on, and spend equal time on each time?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Absolute drivel.

MacLean makes a throwaway comment about Hibs and Hearts being "enemies" and Sergio goes on a rant about how they're not enemies, he doesn't have enemies in football and they only have a "rivality" (whatever that is) with Hibs, which is healthy.

Then went on to say that he wants Hearts to beat Hibs because they're stronger, not because Hibs are weaker.

What is the point in a highlights programme, when they don't debate the big talking points from games, which on Saturday was undoubtedly the decision to book O'Connor for diving?

Very amateurish, but then I suppose it fits in well with the rest of Scottish football.
    I wouldn't be rushing to criticise Sergio, it`s whoever is dictating the shows format that should be the target for criticism. English is not Sergio`s first language so we can forgive him the odd pronunciation error. Seems like a decent enough fellow.

Sky Sports should just put these programmes down, Amateur doesnae even do them justice! Embarassing would work better! Still wouldnae want that Colin Murray from the beebs football league show, he is a ball hair better than yon Chiles bloke tho!
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 15-01-2012 at 11:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I wouldn't be rushing to criticise Sergio, it`s whoever is dictating the shows format that should be the target for criticism. English is not Sergio`s first language so we can forgive him the odd pronunciation error. Seems like a decent enough fellow.
    Up to the presenter to direct the discussion - Sergio's comments were sporting enough and he even invented a new word in "rivalities" - just **** all to do with the game that's all

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Sky Sports should just put these programmes down, Amateur doesnae even do them justice! Embarassing would work better! Still wouldnae want that Colin Murray from the beebs football league show, he is a ball hair better than yon Chiles bloke tho!
    I thought big Grant Stott was doing a good job presenting Scotsport - get him in

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Yes seems like a splendid chap, jolly spiffing of him to appear!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yes seems like a splendid chap, jolly spiffing of him to appear!
    Hurrah for the manager of our rivallers!

@hibs.net private member

Didnt see the whole programme but, from what I did see, I though Sergio was ok. Came across with the usual cliche's but, overall, honest enough.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    I thought Hertz had moved up a level, and the OF were their rivitas now?

I didn’t see it but from what's been said on here, here’s what I think.

Sergio can go on about the penalty and booking and be censured by the SPL/SFA or he can talk about being rivals with Hibs who want to beat each other more than any other team instead of enemies with the hatred that goes with that, which IMO is a pretty healthy way of looking at it.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I didn’t see it but from what's been said on here, here’s what I think.

Sergio can go on about the penalty and booking and be censured by the SPL/SFA or he can talk about being rivals with Hibs who want to beat each other more than any other team instead of enemies with the hatred that goes with that, which IMO is a pretty healthy way of looking at it.
    When has that ever happened to a pundit discussing an incident not involving their team? I know the Scottish football authorities have a pretty unusual sense of right and wrong, but even they wouldn't try that one.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    Hurrah for the manager of our rivallers!
    I missed it. Did his eyebrows make an appearance?

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    agree with this and I think the point he was making about strength is there is little glory to be had from beating poor opposition however beating a strong Hibs is a feather in his cap and as a competitor that interests him. I hate hearts as much as the next Hibs fan but slagging the boy for basically not speaking English as a 1st language lacks class
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Just watch the highlights online - then you don't have to listen to Rob Maclean arse his way through another 45 minutes of amatuer pish. Sportsound used to be a staple part of anyone's Saturday afternoon listening but it's so bad now, I wouldn't even think about tuning into it. That's what you get when you employ former footballers who have vested interests and have the journalistic or reportage capability of a five year old.

And we have to pay for this crud!

The BBC has lost the plot by having professionals from the game as guests.There is no way any of them is going to say anything critical about a referee or player.Sergio did Ok-speaks better English than half the natives.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post

Every year they pick a team that they love and hate. This year we are definately the ones that they hate, so much bias in the BBC it's unreal!
    Yes of course. It's a conspiracy.

old slanty eyes Rob McLean is the best we've got (??) from a very sad bunch of sports journo's. Compare this meek and sad bunch with England's and its a total contrast. I include the radio punters too. They are boring and, week in week out, utterly predictible.

I have just emailed the BBC complaining with regards to the standard of presenting in this show. A crucial game for both teams but there was no mention of the game itself or the controvercial alleged diving incident after the highlights were shown - absolutely shocking, if it's not the Old Firm they're not interested

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Tó Madeira View Post
    Yes of course. It's a conspiracy.
    So your suggesting that there is no form of bias in the BBC? Did you hear open all mics when we play played Cowdenbeath? They obviously wanted us to lose. And the fact that over half of their show consists of speaking about the Old Firm.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    When has that ever happened to a pundit discussing an incident not involving their team? I know the Scottish football authorities have a pretty unusual sense of right and wrong, but even they wouldn't try that one.
    What's the difference between that and comments reported at other times by the media that get them in soapie? (no friendly smilie cause I'm on my phone otherwise there would be one :-)
    Space to let