hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Goodwin ?

Palsson gave him a good game in the first match up, then Goodwin owned him. More than anything Fenlon needs to build a SPINE in the team and I can see Goodwin being part of that. With a decent Keeper, CH/holding MF and CF we'll have a structure that will allow others to play. Maybe then the like of Sproule, Galbraith and other flair players can show their stuff. At the moment, they are all being asked to graft which puts us on the back foot from the start.

High time Hibs had a few hard men in the team (midfield) and stopped being the soft touch of the SPL.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He would be a great signing for Hibs and just what we need. He is solid and a good leader.

He is pretty hard in the tackle too by the looks of things http://www.football365.com/news/8652...REAK-OP-REPORT

exactly the type of player we need in the team, and have been now for some time, get him in Pat.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    So he's been capped by ROI.

Can't be too bad then.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Very much hope that we get him, he's the type of player and character that we need right now and going forward.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goodwin?

Wooosh........

I wonder how much is actually in this, aside from him playing in the SPL, think he is out of contract in the summer and owwww hes Irish , seem to be getting linked with every plausable Irish player out there just now.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Wooosh........

Ahaha

I think we need two midfielders and two defenders. If these signings were made (assuming decent players) then we'd be top four in a very poor league.

We are not a good team at the moment but this is only because we can't defend set pieces and our midfield do not protect the defense. If we learn those basics we will rise exponentially as we are gifting average teams goals and games.

Goodwin would be an excellent signing. Certainly not the complete answer, but a decent step in the right direction. If I were PF I'd be prioritizing signing him or a player in his mould.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    That would be a great signing He's singlehandedly owned the midfield at ER in two recent performances I recall, leaving Pallson looking stupid and close to tears on one occasion. (not that difficult, I hear you cry, but all the same).

Could fill the mythical and legendary 'Matty Jack role'.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    Palsson gave him a good game in the first match up, then Goodwin owned him. More than anything Fenlon needs to build a SPINE in the team and I can see Goodwin being part of that. With a decent Keeper, CH/holding MF and CF we'll have a structure that will allow others to play. Maybe then the like of Sproule, Galbraith and other flair players can show their stuff. At the moment, they are all being asked to graft which puts us on the back foot from the start.

High time Hibs had a few hard men in the team (midfield) and stopped being the soft touch of the SPL.
    IMO that was the end for VP. He was never the same player, in any game, after that.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    IMO that was the end for VP. He was never the same player, in any game, after that.
    Sadly his departure ends my dream of a stylish clothing line of Victor Palsson shirts and possible calf-skinned bomber jackets.

The Jim Goodwin range doesn't have the same appeal.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Sadly his departure ends my dream of a stylish clothing line of Victor Palsson shirts and possible calf-skinned bomber jackets.

The Jim Goodwin range doesn't have the same appeal.
    I must disagree.

Jim Goodwin clothing has a ring to it.

That range would appeal to the more urban minded amongst the support.

Superdry look out.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    a fair comment from wee Danny, but is he not just trying to open the bidding up, beleiving that he's about to loose a good player?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Hmmm, so there could be some legs to this rumour.

Happy if true.

Personally I'm very pleased with some of the names were being linked with.

Higher quality and experienced

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    "Pat tried to get me on Friday and I picked up his message on Saturday. I don't know what he wants to speak to me about — no doubt I will speak to him."

Is it just me that thinks that's pretty rude and unprofessional of Lennon? First of all not calling him back and then announcing it to the journalist about a private phone call Fenlon made to him, if Lennon never had time to call PF back he shouldn't be telling the journalist about it IMO.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    "Pat tried to get me on Friday and I picked up his message on Saturday. I don't know what he wants to speak to me about — no doubt I will speak to him."

Is it just me that thinks that's pretty rude and unprofessional of Lennon? First of all not calling him back and then announcing it to the journalist about a private phone call Fenlon made to him, if Lennon never had time to call PF back he shouldn't be telling the journalist about it IMO.

Reminds me of when Petrie took the phone off the hook on transfer deadline day when Bolton were interested in Brown and Thomson. Sam Allardyce wasn't too happy at all IIRC!

Lennon's probably just trying to generate a bit of interest in his player, who he's probably resigned to losing. Helps if folk know that Hibs are sniffing about.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Can't see it happening. I fail to see the need for a combative box-to-box midfielder who can pick a pass, protect the defense and has a will to win. There's no place for such time wasters at Hibs. I'd rest easier if we scoured the treatment tables of England to find some guy who hasn't kicked a ball in two years.

ME ME ME, if were in for a goalie we could get that plukey faced guy from Sunderland, i heard he has a treatment table with him 7 days a week and it seems like he has not kicked a ball for a couple of years.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    ME ME ME, if were in for a goalie we could get that plukey faced guy from Sunderland, i heard he has a treatment table with him 7 days a week and it seems likehe has not kicked a ball for a couple of years.

the plukeoid yamboid is only a couple of appearances away from triggering a quite substantial fee to the yamboids from sunderland if he plays, i'd rather he remained on the treatment table, at least until the chief yamboid gimp romanov leaves the gorgski circus

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    according to todays sun he is close to signing a pre-contract and has told lennon he wants to go

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    according to todays sun he is close to signing a pre-contract and has told lennon he wants to go
    Sounds promising would rather he just signed it than saying he is close to signing it. If he does will be interesting to see how keen or otherwise Saints would be to him leaving now. Imagine there will be a fair amount of brinkmanship in next couple of weeks if he does sign a pre-contract.

Pre-Contract with Hibs or does it just say pre-contract. Sorry not seen it and just checking.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Pre-Contract with Hibs or does it just say pre-contract. Sorry not seen it and just checking.
    yeah they said it was with us, also said they had outbid utd for dougie imrie

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Says with Hibs. Would be surprised if we were happy to wait until sunmer. He is 30 years old.

First Team Regular

Houston on radio disclosed they had offered Hamilton £25000. St.Mirren were tuned in and made a slightly higher bid. Could have been as little as a fiver.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Says with Hibs. Would be surprised if we were happy to wait until sunmer. He is 30 years old.
    If we were to wait until the summer he would be.................................. 30 years old.

I think if he was to sign a pre now, the next step would be to try a token fee before 31st January.

Thanks mate. As for Imrie I've always liked DI thoguth he was a busy player and a handfull and could change a game. Would pin all my hopes on him but I wouldnt be raging if Hibs signed him so think its a good bit of business for the Saints. Plus £25k+ is nowt really.

Would be surprised if Hibs waited until the summer for JG though, I think if he signals his intention that heas signing a pre-contract with us in the summer they may well be inclinded to sell him now and get something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    If we were to wait until the summer he would be.................................. 30 years old.

I think if he was to sign a pre now, the next step would be to try a token fee before 31st January.
    My point (badly made) was - I we are signing 30 year olds we are doing it not because of a 5 year plan but to get us out of the here and now issue. Your right if he signs pre contract then we need to make sure we get him this month.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    My point (badly made) was - I we are signing 30 year olds we are doing it not because of a 5 year plan but to get us out of the here and now issue. Your right if he signs pre contract then we need to make sure we get him this month.
    A 30 year old could quite easily be a key player for the next 5 years.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    A 30 year old could quite easily be a key player for the next 5 years.
    Was just gonna say the same thing - Rangers got 5 years out of Davie Weir and he was 36 when he signed for them. Players that look after themselves can have very long careers these days, even at the highest level, as Maldini, Giggs and Scholes have shown, amongst others.