hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Jim Goodwin ?

Quote Originally Posted by archiebald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are a joke last 3 managers tell you that,have watched them now for 47 yrs home n away - it used to be big step up the ladder to play for Hibs so what happened st johnston dundee utd st mirren motherwell match our wages HOW ? they have much smaller crowds than us so were does money come from ? anybody you have to speculate to accumulate-we dont even do this we sell our great youth players-my opinion must go leaving for match
    I dont disagree we have been in a mess the last few years but I didnt see that as your point, you said if we dont get Goodwin we are a joke and I disagreed with that comment as theres a number of factors that could dictate us not getting a player. It seemed to me your comment was a bit of a sweaping statement. Also if it is due to money, what if St Mirren have offered him a bumper deal, we have offered him what we feel he is worth he declines, we feel we wont increase if as for that wages we could get someone PF feels would be better, I dont know obviously but these are ther considerations im sure the club would go through and correctly so.

If we dont get him therer will be a section of fans who will be raging at the club, not me, I will be a bit disappointed, not massivley as I dont think hes exceptional but I feel he would be just what we need at the moment but if we can get through to the summer I would like to think we could get as good if not better.

Speculate to accumulate is an interesting one, we have probaly a bigger squad than UTD and St Johnstone and pay bigger wages, its probably just that the managers we have had in the past have spent these wages on players that are not good enough, therfore their fault no the clubs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I dont disagree we have been in a mess the last few years but I didnt see that as your point, you said if we dont get Goodwin we are a joke and I disagreed with that comment as theres a number of factors that could dictate us not getting a player. It seemed to me your comment was a bit of a sweaping statement. Also if it is due to money, what if St Mirren have offered him a bumper deal, we have offered him what we feel he is worth he declines, we feel we wont increase if as for that wages we could get someone PF feels would be better, I dont know obviously but these are ther considerations im sure the club would go through and correctly so.

If we dont get him therer will be a section of fans who will be raging at the club, not me, I will be a bit disappointed, not massivley as I dont think hes exceptional but I feel he would be just what we need at the moment but if we can get through to the summer I would like to think we could get as good if not better.

Speculate to accumulate is an interesting one, we have probaly a bigger squad than UTD and St Johnstone and pay bigger wages, its probably just that the managers we have had in the past have spent these wages on players that are not good enough, therfore their fault no the clubs.
    We only take players out of contract

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    It's maybe a good thing that we're having to wait on him, maybe a sign he won't be another mercenary that'll up sticks and leave because another team's offered him £50 a week more.

FWIW, I think he's the exact type of player we need and would free up Ozzy a bit more to create chances.

Nothing against Paisley Saints, they did sterling job back in 86 slamming Hearts 6-2 before the Yams went on that run, then dozing off against Celtic at Love Street on the last day of the season. They contributed more to wrecking the Yams title dream than St Albo the Superb. So without wishing to sound too Jambo and disrespectful about it, my bell end is bigger than St Mirren.

If Goodwin prefers them to us, it won't be due to the relative sizes of the clubs, it'll be down to wanting to play with players who put in some effort, can concentrate for 90 plus minutes, and think that winning games is actually quiet important. Let's not underestimate the power of five years of mediocrity on our recruitment attractiveness. Fenlon has a hell of a PR job on his hands to sell this team, not the club, the team, to prospective team mates at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Nothing against Paisley Saints, they did sterling job back in 86 slamming Hearts 6-2 before the Yams went on that run, then dozing off against Celtic at Love Street on the last day of the season. They contributed more to wrecking the Yams title dream than St Albo the Superb. So without wishing to sound too Jambo and disrespectful about it, my bell end is bigger than St Mirren.

If Goodwin prefers them to us, it won't be due to the relative sizes of the clubs, it'll be down to wanting to play with players who put in some effort, can concentrate for 90 plus minutes, and think that winning games is actually quiet important. Let's not underestimate the power of five years of mediocrity on our recruitment attractiveness. Fenlon has a hell of a PR job on his hands to sell this team, not the club, the team, to prospective team mates at present.

Just wait until players see our training facility though

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    [/B]

Just wait until players see our training facility though
    I would say to Goodwin, come along tomorrow (Sunday) and have a look at the facilities. That way there won't be any players trying to train there and distract him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I would say to Goodwin, come along tomorrow (Sunday) and have a look at the facilities. That way there won't be any players trying to train there and distract him.
    The thing is, every new player obviously has a clause in their contract to mention the training facility (the Petrie Clause 3.14)

I wonder if they only get to see the dart board, 58" plasma, pool table etc

New signing - "what are they pitches over there for?"

Petrie - "Not sure pal, come and see the big bubble bath we've got though..."

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    The thing is, every new player obviously has a clause in their contract to mention the training facility (the Petrie Clause 3.14)

You can't fool me, there ain't no Petrie Clause.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    "I'm enjoying my time here and I'm desperately trying to get back fit to get in the team, because I love playing for this club."

If I had a quid every time I heard this said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    You can't fool me, there ain't no Petrie Clause.
    Just got that...

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    He was summarising on the St Mirren Celtic game today Radio Scotland. Came across as an intelligent individual who knew his football. Talked about changing tactics as they were made and what should be being done to effect the game from both sides. In short nothing like I imagined when thinking about him as the footballer I have seen. He was nothing like the image of some of the pros imagined at East Mains. He would indeed be a good addition based on his insight to the game as well as his physical atributes etc.
    Sign him up please.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    If the wages on offer were similar, he would be off his rocker to sign for Hibs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    If he's our managers main target, i won't be going back anytime soon. ****wit of the highest order and nowhere near Hibs class! (haha which at the moment is pish!)

Emm, that was supposed to be posted on a thread about Mark Kerr over on the bounce. That's what you get for posting when you're reekin I suppose. So not only have I made Gene Hunt of it on here, Mark Kerr played a blinder on Saturday.....