hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wasn't at the game but have just spoken with a friend, Sergeant in Fife police, and their estimate of Hibs supporters was 3200/3400 Would that appear correct to those who were there ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't at the game but have just spoken with a friend, Sergeant in Fife police, and their estimate of Hibs supporters was 3200/3400 Would that appear correct to those who were there ?

Closer to 4000 IMO

The stand behind the goal (which, according to this site holds just over 3,000 fans) was completely full and I reckon there were a couple of hundred moved into the side stand so that estimate is probably about right.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Fab day out and well worth it despite the likely banning order and prison sentence for my unprovoked attack on shoppers in the Kingsgate Centre after the game. All down to following PF's philosophy. Think I got away with it when I told the arresting officers 'who wants some then?' was an attempt to attract shoppers to the bargains on offer.

Before the next derby I'm having a square go with Shaun Lawson on the steps of the Norwich Union building.

Seriously, great to see Hibs fans acting like Hibs fans, backing the team and enjoying a big green fun day out, instead of all this dreary whinging we've sadly become used to.

I blame Nutsy. Let's get CC back so we can have a damn good moan.
    Amen

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No far off

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian_Dub View Post
    Surely not the same Nutsy who you argued long and hard with me about over the years? Nah, didn't think so...
    Yes HD, and I got fed up defending the man against your unprovoked and uncalled for attacks. The proof of the pudding is in the eating: he left Dublin to get away from your bitterness and came to Edinburgh under Bobby here's nurturing wing.

Left by mutual consent!
    That was a brilliant support today but we need to keep on turning up for these games and supporting the team! Starting with st Johnstone next week!

It was an absolute pleasure being a hibs fan there today altho the team gave us an unbelieveable nerve shattering 90 mins the support were brilliant and the team responded, mustv been great for them to play infront of a support like that lets hope we can all keep it going

Quote Originally Posted by Ferryhibby View Post
    It was an absolute pleasure being a hibs fan there today altho the team gave us an unbelieveable nerve shattering 90 mins the support were brilliant and the team responded, mustv been great for them to play infront of a support like that lets hope we can all keep it going
    Support was fantastic and the players and coaches really appreciated it. ( I think they were all quite surprised at our numbers and vocal support.

The performance for the majority was not good for my dicky ticker ! But 3 points - job done !!...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferryhibby View Post
    I agree.

But Leigh got the 1st at the right time there were murmurs of discontent.

I thought for such a large support we never got right behind the team until the 2nd half when the fans were GREAT.

I do think the players have a duty to nget the fans going and when the played well the fans responed long may it continue.

I was disappointed to have to sit the whole game, normally we have a standing area at the back where the singing starts. The crowd behind the goal was very quiet other than after the goals and at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    First time I've come back hoarse from a game in ages. Fantastic support today. Still far from the finished article but we should give big praise to the players for effort. I thought for a young guy Stevens was immense and I actually prefer him there to O'Hanlon. Osbourne is one of the few positive legacies from CC's time. Leigh G was also much better today. Fenlon seems to know what he's doing and that for me is the biggest positive from today. Well done everyone.

GGTTH

agree with you about stevens and ozzy,thought griffiths worked his socks of,as they all did be he stood out for me.

the big things to come out the game was to come back from going behind and scoring the third after just conceeding

francom really looked when he came on as well

well done hibs

well done the great support

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    It was rather unusual seeing a Hibs crowd supporting the players today for a change.

Credit to all who travelled as it clearly boosted the players
    might have something to do with players giving the fans something to cheer about - and yes I was at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    It was rather unusual seeing a Hibs crowd supporting the players today for a change.

Credit to all who travelled as it clearly boosted the players
    Fabulous atmosphere. Judging by the crowd around where I was there were a good few non-regular attenders (Turnbull era) who had turned out for a relegation battle in the same way they would for a cup final. A higher than normal percentage of over-60s attracted by the £12 concession age? The players loved it and I bet Pat Fenlon slept like a top last night for the first time since he came.
    :pfgwa

@hibs.net private member
    Good day out and good result. Big support, I thought there was more Hibs fans there than Pars as such I would have the support around the 4000 leaving 2700 home supporters. But it does not matter we got 3 points.

First Team Regular Bohemian_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Yes HD, and I got fed up defending the man against your unprovoked and uncalled for attacks. The proof of the pudding is in the eating: he left Dublin to get away from your bitterness and came to Edinburgh under Bobby here's nurturing wing.
    Not to worry DBS, we all get it wrong sometime. I hope you're still eating humble pie for many years to come with Fenlon at the summit

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    The stand behind the goal (which, according to this site holds just over 3,000 fans) was completely full and I reckon there were a couple of hundred moved into the side stand so that estimate is probably about right.
    Seemed more than a couple of hundred in there to me. I think there was three hundred queuing for the bog at half time.
    Thought at times that the contingent in the Shed (I ended up there even though I had a ticket for the Stand) was more vocal at times as well.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    I was disappointed to have to sit the whole game, normally we have a standing area at the back where the singing starts. The crowd behind the goal was very quiet other than after the goals and at the end.

Why did you sit? There was plenty standing down the front on left hand side behind the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Seemed more than a couple of hundred in there to me. I think there was three hundred queuing for the bog at half time.
    Thought at times that the contingent in the Shed (I ended up there even though I had a ticket for the Stand) was more vocal at times as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Why did you sit? There was plenty standing down the front on left hand side behind the goal.
    Yeh. The Baby Crew from Sect43 were doon the front having a wee party of their own. Hats off to them - they certainly connected with the players. The only problem was they weren't singing that the crowd could hear - I guess the acoustics are non-existent at the front wall whereas the side shed had good acoustics. On the rare occasions the fans at the top behind our goal sang, the noise was quite loud.

I always reckon singing is best standing up and that it's heard best at the top of a stand under a roof. No coincidence that the Dunfy Singing Section were standing high up in their own stand

Yeh. The Baby Crew from Sect43 were doon the front having a wee party of their own. Hats off to them - they certainly connected with the players. The only problem was they weren't singing that the crowd could hear
    Only time I heard your baby crew was when they were singing something to someone in the Dunfermline end- surprise surprise it was 'paedo' related. Can you not have a word with them about all these paedo songs? It's starting
    to get a bit creepy.

I thought it was overall a very positive support yesterday. Good singing and proper Hibs songs. The boo's after Griffith's 3 bad corners were the only negative.

Actually one of the most enjoyable away games for many a year IMO.
    Last edited by Shrekko; 15-01-2012 at 10:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought the crowd was excellent yesterday. Only downer for me were 2 twats in the shed who insisted on giving Hart in the first half and Sproule in the second half the benefit of their highly honed football knowledge. One of the guys who was right at the front, aged about 50 was called Malcolm. He moved at half time thank god. Other one 2 rows behind him, must have been about 30, bit hefty, next to a pillar kept his verbals up for the whole game. Can these guys either shut up and stop ruining it for everyone around them or go and follow Hearts? You don't help the players or the atmosphere in any way.

Funny how our 2 best performances under PF have been at Mwell and Dunfermline when backed by the big away support.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Only time I heard your baby crew was when they were singing something to someone in the Dunfermline end- surprise surprise it was 'paedo' related. Can you not have a word with them about all these paedo songs? It's starting to get a bit creepy.I thought it was overall a very positive support yesterday. Good singing and proper Hibs songs. The boo's after Griffith's 3 bad corners were the only negative.Actually one of the most enjoyable away games for many a year IMO.
    i've been trying to figure that one out as well i thought it was just banter with the guy at first, but cant fathom out wtf the peado stuff was all about.

p.s. and as said above, the young dunfy guys up in the top right-hand corner gave them a good bit of support(when they weren't slaggin leigh griffiths that is) but were vastly outsung by the away support
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 15-01-2012 at 10:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875;3076084[B
    ]i've been trying to figure that one out as well i thought it was just banter with the guy at first, but cant fathom out wtf the peado stuff was all about.[/B]

p.s. and as said above, the young dunfy guys up in the top right-hand corner gave them a good bit of support(when they weren't slaggin leigh griffiths that is) but were vastly outsung by the away support

I asked one of them why they were singing about a paedo, answer: it was because the Dunfy fan giving them grief when Dunfy scored had a kid with him!!!!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    I asked one of them why they were singing about a paedo, answer: it was because the Dunfy fan giving them grief when Dunfy scored had a kid with him!!!!

oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian_Dub View Post
    Not to worry DBS, we all get it wrong sometime. I hope you're still eating humble pie for many years to come with Fenlon at the summit
    I hope so too HD. And I hope that you chaps can get Dalymount out off the hands of those horrible Zurich people.

That is rank rotten banter and as I say it's become a bit perplexing the amount of chants about paedos that have been sung by sect43 (or whatever they're called at present) in the past year or 2. Maybe Gogs43 can enlighten at some point.

Of course, we'll no doubt getting folk giving the usual arguments about how you used to be able to sing much worse than that before the 'pc brigade' came to the fore and it's just having fun, creating atmosphere, everyone else is boring etc etc.

@hibs.net private member
    Dear o Dear - someone needs to tell them to shut the **** up about paedos - not witty at all - just moronic.

NB - no probs with them apart from that - made a load of noise and got behind the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Only time I heard your baby crew was when they were singing something to someone in the Dunfermline end- surprise surprise it was 'paedo' related. Can you not have a word with them about all these paedo songs? It's starting
    to get a bit creepy.

I thought it was overall a very positive support yesterday. Good singing and proper Hibs songs. The boo's after Griffith's 3 bad corners were the only negative.

Actually one of the most enjoyable away games for many a year IMO.
    The Sect43 laddies are young (between 13 and 21) so they are bound to make a few mis-judgements. They have a meeting after the St Johnstone game so I'm happy to bring it up. However some of them post on here so it's probably best that they read comments from fellow supporters for themselves, rather than hearing it second hand from me.

I applaud their enthusiasm and the flag making is terrific. I'm confused by their need to set themselves apart because at the last game at East End park in September the singing was loud and long with them stood in the main crowd. Nobody could hear them down the front. It's critical we keep the singing flowing in one group at Easter Road

The Sect43 laddies are young (between 13 and 21) so they are bound to make a few mis-judgements. They have a meeting after the St Johnstone game so I'm happy to bring it up. However some of them post on here so it's probably best that they read comments from fellow supporters for themselves, rather than hearing it second hand from me.

I applaud their enthusiasm and the flag making is terrific. I'm confused by their need to set themselves apart because at the last game at East End park in September the singing was loud and long with them stood in the main crowd. Nobody could hear them down the front. It's critical we keep the singing flowing in one group at Easter Road
    Tell them to put some green on the white flags it looked like we were surrendering before ko with all the white flag waving.

Yeh. The Baby Crew from Sect43 were doon the front having a wee party of their own. Hats off to them - they certainly connected with the players. The only problem was they weren't singing that the crowd could hear - I guess the acoustics are non-existent at the front wall whereas the side shed had good acoustics. On the rare occasions the fans at the top behind our goal sang, the noise was quite loud.

I always reckon singing is best standing up and that it's heard best at the top of a stand under a roof. No coincidence that the Dunfy Singing Section were standing high up in their own stand
    Uh oh, are we associating Sect43 with the CCS now?