hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comments about Gary O on BBC phone in

Some supposed journalist, an irish guy called Tom English was saying that Gary was sitting in the stand at the cowdenbeath game saying that his move to Rangers is a done deal and telling everyone how much he'll be getting paid a week. Is this just Gaz winding them up or anyone know any different????

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Garry's already preparing for his testimonial with Rangers as we speak. He's a walking version of Football Rumours.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

The OP seems to be what has been said about GOC all along, he is quick to tell anyone who will listen that he's offski....Should keep his own council, until any impending move actually occurs IMO
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Regardless you could see what it meant to the big man today after his goal and at FT

I heard that as well, and English and Jim Traynor were both quick to criticise O'Connor.

Does anyone not think that O'Connor was maybe just winding up people?

That's a few times I've heard about him allegedly going around telling people that he's signing for Rangers in the very near future. Wouldn't surprise me if he was just at it, so that he can see the response of people in the media and on places like this.

Don't know the guy but i'm hoping he's just a wind up merchant!!, seems to be getting enough bites off the clowns at the BBC!.

Pretty disrespectful to the club he supposedly supports if it is true.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know the guy but i'm hoping he's just a wind up merchant!!, seems to be getting enough bites off the clowns at the BBC!.

Pretty disrespectful to the club he supposedly supports if it is true.
    Doesn't he support Celtic?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    PF has said as much in that his comments suggest that all these rumours are coming from GOC himself. Could be that GOC is making a point in that the more times a story is repeated it gets more credence.

First Team Breakthrough glenn6270's Avatar
    from what i heard gaz was not even at the game was spotted coming out harvey nics last sat just before kick off

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I heard that as well, and English and Jim Traynor were both quick to criticise O'Connor.

Does anyone not think that O'Connor was maybe just winding up people?

That's a few times I've heard about him allegedly going around telling people that he's signing for Rangers in the very near future. Wouldn't surprise me if he was just at it, so that he can see the response of people in the media and on places like this.
    Very unprofessional if that's the case (IMO). Seeing how emotional Rod got when Garry's name was mentioned at the last AGM, I'd have expected a bit more respect towards the Club from him. Glad he helped out with a goal today tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn6270 View Post
    from what i heard gaz was not even at the game was spotted coming out harvey nics last sat just before kick off
    He was defo at the game last week, went in just before us

First Team Breakthrough glenn6270's Avatar
    ok no probs

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    BBC Scotland radio is murder. Got back in the car after the game and in the hour it took to get home
    25 mins talking about Sandaza
    10 mins talking to Lennon & Wanyama
    15 mins stating how bad we'd be off without Rangers
    10 mins talking about other games (at most)

I'd like to get rid of the OF purely on the basis of not having to listed to them talk about them all the time.

i couldnt care where he says he is going as long as he is here and is scoring goals like today ill have no complaints

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMassive View Post
    He was defo at the game last week, went in just before us
    Garry was at Cowdenbeath last Saturday. I doubt whether Tom English or Jim Traynor could find it on a map. They are simply reporting what was posted on this site during the last week. Lazy and incompetent reporting.
    Last edited by Geo_1875; 14-01-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    BBC Scotland radio is murder. Got back in the car after the game and in the hour it took to get home
    25 mins talking about Sandaza
    10 mins talking to Lennon & Wanyama
    15 mins stating how bad we'd be off without Rangers
    10 mins talking about other games (at most)

I'd like to get rid of the OF purely on the basis of not having to listed to them talk about them all the time.
    Traynor said the other teams wouldn't flourish without the money the OF bring in. That's right because we get so much of it now and wevarecall really flourishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Garry was at Cowdenbeath last Saturday. I doubt whether Tom English or Jim Traynor could find it on a map. They are simply reporting what was posted on this site during the last week. Lazy and incompetent lournalism.
    That's a l of a profession lournalism, speelling is so impotent :-D
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    In the match programe for the hearts game , his player profile when asked which team he supported as a kid, said hibs .

ggtth

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    Some supposed journalist, an irish guy called Tom English was saying that Gary was sitting in the stand at the cowdenbeath game saying that his move to Rangers is a done deal and telling everyone how much he'll be getting paid a week. Is this just Gaz winding them up or anyone know any different????

I heard the early part of that programme but hadn't realised it was Tom English. He has rewritten a fair number of very accurate articles in the scotsman about hearts. Decent journalist.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Blog Entries
    IMO, Tom English often writes good stuff but lacks credibility because of the occasional nonsense he sometimes spouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    IMO, Tom English often writes good stuff but lacks credibility because of the occasional nonsense he sometimes spouts.
    aye that is about right

According to O'Connor, he's been on the verge of a move to one of the Old Firm since he broke into the Hibs team. I wouldn't pay too much attention.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    I get the feeling O'Connor is a bit of a wind up merchant.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    That's a l of a profession lournalism, speelling is so impotent :-D
    maybe he meant learnalism and once you learn spell words correctly, you can have a career in the print media

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I thought the exact same when I was listening I enjoy a lot of his articles but he slavers pish a lot of the time on Jim Traynor's phone-in.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    What confuses me about the GOC situation is PF's take on it. If what people on here are saying and indeed what was repeated on the radio is true then it does not really fit in with everything that we have seen and heard from PF.

No one can argue about the changes PF has been making to the squad and he has pretty much said what we all thought, these guys did not bring the right attitude and level of professionalism to Hibs. How does the supposed behaviour of GOC fit into all this? Would he really let him be kicking about getting fat and tellling all and sundry that he is off to the Huns??? Confusing !

From December - bit in bold - strange - Fenlon is aware of it Anyway if he keeps scoring then I will keep enjoying his goals - would like him to stay though

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/12/27/garry-o-connor-is-going-nowhere-says-hibs-manager-pat-fenlon-86908-23662955/

HIBS manager Pat Fenlon is optimistic Garry O'Connor will be fit to return for tomorrow's clash with Inverness and downplayed the prospect of the striker moving to Rangers.

O'Connor netted 10 times in his first 11 games after re-signing for Hibs following spells at Lokomotiv Moscow, Birmingham and Barnsley.The 28-year-old, who trained with Celtic while he was a free agent towards the end of last season, has not scored since September and has been troubled by a toe injury of late.But he has been the subject of speculation linking him with a January move to Ibrox.Fenlon today insisted the former Scotland international is key to his plans, as 11th-placed Hibs seek to reduce the four-point deficit to Caley Thistle in tomorrow's match.He told Hibernian TV: "Big clubs like Rangers and Celtic will always be linked with good players - I think Garry started it himself in fairness."He's a big part of the plans here he's a good player and the supporters love him and he loves the club."He's the type of character that you want to stay around. He's the top goalscorer and he's played at a really high level."We want to hold onto our best players. I've heard the rumour but that is all it is at the moment."O'Connor missed Saturday's 3-1 loss at Dundee United, resting a toe complaint which has restricted his movement, but could return tomorrow night.Fenlon added: "He's had five or six days' off now and he trained this morning and he looked a lot more comfortable in his movement and his running."

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................

Testimonial Due
    I have heard from a couple of people that I would take to be in the know that he constantly rattles on about this sort of stuff, so much so he has probably convinced himself that he is actually getting a move.

While he is a hibs player and scoring goals I dont really care, if he gets his move and we get some cash then fine. So long as we dont have another stokes situation whereby we sell our goals on the final day of the transfer window.

garry o has drifted in and out of class and pish this season. no mistaking though, if he wants a sniff of old firm fitba he needs to shift some weight and up the workrate (and could do with cutting down on the spray tans as well - thought jimmy calderwood back at east end warming up from a distance)