hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shambles today

You couldn't make this shambles up, but then again....

For me it's simple:

- Dunfermline give ticket allocation to Hibs. Hibs sell as much as they can and then return tickets to Dunfermline
    - Dunfermline take the remaining tickets and issue one to each person paying at the gate with an allocated seat.

What actually happened was that the numpties on the turnstiles took your £20 from those PATG without giving one of the remaining tickets to allocate fans a seat. This meant they had no idea on the numbers entering and resulted in the east stand being over capacity.

Piss up in a brewery springs to mind

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You couldn't make this shambles up, but then again....

For me it's simple:

- Dunfermline give ticket allocation to Hibs. Hibs sell as much as they can and then return tickets to Dunfermline
    - Dunfermline take the remaining tickets and issue one to each person paying at the gate with an allocated seat.

What actually happened was that the numpties on the turnstiles took your £20 from those PATG without giving one of the remaining tickets to allocate fans a seat. This meant they had no idea on the numbers entering and resulted in the east stand being over capacity.

Piss up in a brewery springs to mind
    Or were Dunfermline just being cheap and not printing tickets for the whole stand - when I paid I didn't see any tickets ready to be handed out? Hibs were probably only given maybe 1000 ? The stand holds just over 3000

Agree with your logic though - not rocket science

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Car park was a bit of a shambles to exit as well, we got out at 5.25. Whiled the time away tuned into Sportsound to listen to Pat's post match summary. Still waiting... (Old Firm on way up, Old Firm all the way back followed by simpletons phoning in to speak to Jim Traynor and Tom English)

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    Or were Dunfermline just being cheap and not printing tickets for the whole stand - when I paid I didn't see any tickets ready to be handed out? Hibs were probably only given maybe 1000 ? The stand holds just over 3000

Sure I read somewhere on here we were allocated 600 tickets to sell in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Was thinking about that number but surely that would make no sense if we had shifted 600 ? Guess we would have asked for more ?

Agree with your other post about the radio afterwards - who lets some of these callers onto the radio - makes Scotland sound full of muppets.

I'd have at least liked for my ticket to guarantee me entry into the stand, even if I wasn't over fussed if it was my allocated seat or not.

Told by stewards it wasn't the first time either. Very reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post

Most likely mate

Car park was a bit of a shambles to exit as well, we got out at 5.25. Whiled the time away tuned into Sportsound to listen to Pat's post match summary. Still waiting... (Old Firm on way up, Old Firm all the way back followed by simpletons phoning in to speak to Jim Traynor and Tom English)
    Likewise.

Think it might even have been a bit later than that for me.

Which, when you consider that the game finished at just before 5pm, is ridiculous.

I was in the same position as hibbymark, i went and bought a ticket coz we were told it was going to be all ticket, then last week find out its also pay at the gate, i got in and seated where i came in and was there about 30 mins before kickoff being told it would be ok to sit wherever you wanted, sure as a hearts player with empty pockets 3pm comes and 4 or 5 guys turn up and shout about us sitting in their seats, i appologised to the guys and told them we were told to sit where we could and with it being kickoff time they should do the same, (in a fewer amount of words) they eventually went to get a steward but didnt return, that got me also thinking what a complete cluster**** of a club they really are, they must have thought if they make it all ticket they wont get as many fans so stop printing tickets and tell everyone its PATG, without really caring bout the consequences. Also why were the fans stopped from going into the stand through the front along the pitch and told to go out the stadium and re-enter through the turnstiles.

Let's be honest, with the predicted numbers travelling and selling a small number of tickets in advance, it's no surprise there was a shambles. It was to be expected.
    I don't understand why fans couldn't have been moved round the track while game was playing? Seen it done before.
    If it was strictly all ticket, we would have had half the size of crowd today.
    Its clear DAFC had no idea of how many had entered the stand, nor had Fife Polis any idea how to deal with a few hundred fans involved in the overspill.

Quite remarkable really given both sets of clowns have had repeated occasions for practise .. it is ALWAYS a shambles there! EFFING IDIOTS THE LOT OF THEM!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Correct. My dad got our tickets midweek and said that the ticket office said Dunfermline sent us 600 tickes then would sell the rest at the gate.

Surely they either send us ALL the tickets, or none. I witnessed so many arguments amongst fellow hibbys today because someone was sitting in THEIR seat, after the stewards had said the seat numbers on tickets were worthless. Then watched hundreds of hibbys waiting to get into the other stand while the game was going on. So unorganised!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Correct. My dad got our tickets midweek and said that the ticket office said Dunfermline sent us 600 tickes then would sell the rest at the gate.

Surely they either send us ALL the tickets, or none. I witnessed so many arguments amongst fellow hibbys today because someone was sitting in THEIR seat, after the stewards had said the seat numbers on tickets were worthless. Then watched hundreds of hibbys waiting to get into the other stand while the game was going on. So unorganised!!!
    That was the worst thing I saw - some fans arguing with other fans - when really it's the clubs fault for shocking organisation. We had a father and 2 young ones in front of us today who were in early and had to move as someone had tickets - the guy with kids took it fine but felt sorry as he didn't know what was going on and the poor kids were settled and in a good seat and had to move with not long before kick off.

Chances are Hibs and Pars won't be in the same league next season and have played each other twice at East End Park already this season so won't meet again for a while there - correct me if I am wrong.

Remember this happening at least twice about 5-6 years ago at games I went to at EEP. Crazy to think it is still happening after all this time. Idiots.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Well I never had a ticket and paid at the gate. Lots of reasons why I did not have a ticket and all pretty much irrelevant to the discussion. I always thought we were going to have a large support yesterday so was through early to get parked near the ground. This meant I was in the stadium before 2 o'clock and was told to sit anywhere. Guy in front of me was going a bit rage at guys who came and sat in the seats beside me. Said his kids had tickets for these seats. The fact that his kids were down bouncing along with the rest of the young team kind of went over his head irony wise. :-) Problem for me though is hibbys arguing amongst themselves when it was the fault of DAFC. Either everyone entering should have been issued a seat or everybody entering should have been told it was sit anywhere. Poor show.

I was in the main stand yesterday and it looked to be getting a bit silly at one point. Its at times like that, when no one has a clue, that accidents happen.

Was on the terracing in 98 when they closed the gates then and they have learned nothing since.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People talk about wanting to bring in safe standing areas! FFS judging by yesterdays shambles and the shambles at Motherwell recently, stadium safety is no where near what is required for seated areas let alone standing!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Our seats wee taken, no real drama, but I ask a steward to let us over to the North stand, said could not, I asked him to radio his supervisor, again said he couldn't only supervisors had radios. Eventually the police allowed us over to the other stand just before kick off. But then stopped another 200-300 from getting over. Eventually they had to leave the East stand and re-enter the ground at the North stand. Clearly Dunfermline were not organised for the Hibs support but then again not many of us thought we would take 4000 or so through there. Worrying thing for me was even though the stand was full they kept letting people in. Easily could have led to an incident. It is these reasons that I don't think standing will be allowed back at top flight games

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

I would imagine the tickets that were sold were sold in a block. Would it not have been easy for Dunfermline to tape off that area prior to opening the gates? We travelled early and paid at the gate as rather than coming in to ER to buy tickets or paying over the odds to get them posted out. Fortunately we were not asked to move.

Blog Entries
    It was the obstinate stupidity of the police that bugged me.

People sensibly let across the tiny wee corner section of track to the little side stand up until the start of the game, and then immediately, or so it seemed from my seat, "no the games started, we cant possibly allow these people to negotiate about ten yards of perimeter to get to a place where they will be safely housed. What we'll do instead is leave these people to get frustrated and angry by first leaving them to stand across a third of the width of the pitch making the people behind them stand up, and then take them round the outside of the ground". Absolutely ridiculous. They could have formed a little steward/police cordon to allow people to get to the side stand, or they could, perish the thought, have just trusted people to walk safely and quickly and avoid 20 minutes of stupidity.

Treat people like potential criminals and s***bags and you increase the liklihood of people behaving like criminals and s***bags.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    One of my friends is a Director at Dunfermline. I sent him a text last night. He got back to me and said he would get it sorted

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I cant believe anyone thought their safety was in question, did anyone feel afraid yesterday just because there was a couple of hundred extra people in the stand?

We do like to get all high and mighty when the slightest thing does not go to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    It was the obstinate stupidity of the police that bugged me.

People sensibly let across the tiny wee corner section of track to the little side stand up until the start of the game, and then immediately, or so it seemed from my seat, "no the games started, we cant possibly allow these people to negotiate about ten yards of perimeter to get to a place where they will be safely housed. What we'll do instead is leave these people to get frustrated and angry by first leaving them to stand across a third of the width of the pitch making the people behind them stand up, and then take them round the outside of the ground". Absolutely ridiculous. They could have formed a little steward/police cordon to allow people to get to the side stand, or they could, perish the thought, have just trusted people to walk safely and quickly and avoid 20 minutes of stupidity.

Treat people like potential criminals and s***bags and you increase the liklihood of people behaving like criminals and s***bags.
    Totally agree.

I don't understand why this couldn't have happened yesterday.

In particular, the bit in bold would surely have been the most sensible solution.

It wasn't as if the fans would have been going from one side of the stadium to the other. As you say, we were talking about people going about 10 yards.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I cant believe anyone thought their safety was in question, did anyone feel afraid yesterday just because there was a couple of hundred extra people in the stand?

We do like to get all high and mighty when the slightest thing does not go to plan.

It's not about feeling afraid yesterday, it's about the total lack of organisation at a large event that is supposed to have procedures in place to ensure spectator safety! Just because there wasn't any incidents yesterday it still doesn't mean all is well. Hopefully lessons will be learned as it's far better they are learnt from a non incident rather than one when people come to harm. It is astonishing that even the basics of organisation were forgotten yesterday!
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 15-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    It's not about feeling afraid yesterday, it's about the total lack of organisation at a large event that is supposed to have procedures in place to ensure spectator safety! Just because there wasn't any incidents yesterday it still doesn't mean all is well. Hopefully lessons will be learned as it's far better they are learnt from a non incident rather than one when people come to harm. It is astonishing that even the basics of organisation were forgotten yesterday!
    I know, the mass hysteria yesterday when a few folk had their seats occupied could have resulted in mayhem. It was nearly Hysel all over again.

A few folk were put out a little, no big deal. A seat was taken and its total lack of organisation? Me personally i'd just move along to one thats empty, again thats just me. Some folk need lead by the hand.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I know, the mass hysteria yesterday when a few folk had their seats occupied could have resulted in mayhem. It was nearly Hysel all over again.

A few folk were put out a little, no big deal. A seat was taken and its total lack of organisation? Me personally i'd just move along to one thats empty, again thats just me. Some folk need lead by the hand.
    Not for the first time, you have missed the point. There was not seats left for anyone to sit in. Then farce of stewards and the police. There was litlle chance of an incident but it was another trip to EEP at which the home side failed to manage the crowd correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Not for the first time, you have missed the point. There was not seats left for anyone to sit in. Then farce of stewards and the police. There was litlle chance of an incident but it was another trip to EEP at which the home side failed to manage the crowd correctly.
    I understand the point exactly, and agree Dunfermline need to get their act together as its not the first time this has happened with us.

What my point is, we have some folk going way over the top. There was no trouble, its was some folk a little put out. If more Hibs fans attended games in England, they'd know what being put out actually meant.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    I'd be on the pitch. Cook going into that death trap.

J
    Problem was worse because it was in the upper tier.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Very easy to prevent situations like this happening again. Something very lacking with clubs like Dunfermline and Dundee UTD if they can't organise things properly.

- Either make it all ticket or all PATG (that way everyone has a seat if the PATG numbers are tracked and tickets are sold in order of seats)

- Have a contigency in place for any overspill, everyone outside the stadium looking at the q's could see what was going to happen.

- If things do get out of hand just make a f****** decision instead of waiting for the game to kick off so fans couldn't simply hop the barrier and walk across.

Don't understand how folk couldnt do it quickly

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Problem was worse because it was in the upper tier.
    Now that place is a danger to folk, unlike east end park where the stand is good and plenty of space to stand in the concourse and stairs, Tannadice is the opposite. If they let a couple of hundred extra folk in that dump, it could cause problems.

I have to say I prefer PATG, turn up and take a seat you fancy. That's one of the main reasons I went yesterday because there was no way I would have bothered to get a ticket in advance. I knew it would be a large crowd so me and my mate made sure we were in the ground just after 2.30. I did feel sorry for those with tickets though who turned up to find they didnt have a seat. The contingency plan to open the other stand should have been in place a lot earlier

You would think DAFC would be better prepared especially due the historically larger crowd we always bring through. It was the same in a pre-season match under Yogi. That day I was in a huge queue outside the East stand before they opened up the North. I think the game was delayed by 15 mins that day