hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shambles today

Regards seating, I had taken time to go to Easter Road and purchase my ticket, so was not prepared to hunt for an available seat. Someone was in my ticketed seat when I arrived, I asked him politely to move, which he did, no problem.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

We wont be there for a while anyway. 2 seasons atleast

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We arrived about 2.30 on Saturday and were queueing for about 15 minutes when a steward told us the second stand was opening but there would be no catering facilities. We went round and got in no problem. Initially I thought good job done with kick off slightly delayed. On reading the posts here it appears as though fans were still getting in to the original stand after it was full. Why didn't they simply re-direct everyone to the other stand?

Despite Blackpool Hibs flipant take on things, that is serious. (Forget how Hillsborough started? Too many folk in the same terracing.) I know that we normally won't be in a position like this but for the 3rd time this season Hibs fans have been exposed to potential danger due to incompetent policing/stewarding.

What if there had been a fire at Motherwell? We couldn't make out the announcements and were left standing there. It appeared that the stewards/police didn't know what to do either. There was no leadership at all.

According to fans the steps at Tannadice were getting blocked for a while creating a high risk (I wasn't there so can't comment myself).

Now Saturday's shambles. Once again a lack of leadership was very evident. In addition, another point which no-one has commented on is the fact that no stewards were in front of the Hibs fans in the wee stand. Infact ,there were very few stewards in that stand. In the event of an emergency what would have happened?

A pattern has developed and it is important these problems are addressed before someone gets hurt.
    The stand was not full. From my seat, which was pretty central, I could see DOZENS of empty seats. If that was replicated throughout the stand there must have been hundreds of free seats. I would estimate around 150 fans moved to the other stand. The problem was that they were mostly single seats so folk didn't want to use them as they'd no be sat with their mates. If the stand had hit capacity, the turnstyles would be closed.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gubbz View Post
    We wont be there for a while anyway. 2 seasons atleast
    Which is a shame. Would rather have Dunfermline in the SPL than Ross County. Can't see us taking 3,000 plus to Dingwall

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Which is a shame. Would rather have Dunfermline in the SPL than Ross County. Can't see us taking 3,000 plus to Dingwall
    Would rather have County in the SPL than Dunfermline
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    Would rather have County in the SPL than Dunfermline
    I'd rather have Dundee

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Regards seating, I had taken time to go to Easter Road and purchase my ticket, so was not prepared to hunt for an available seat. Someone was in my ticketed seat when I arrived, I asked him politely to move, which he did, no problem.....
    What would you have done if he'd refused?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    What would you have done if he'd refused?
    Throw my toys out the pram!!!!!!!!
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull