Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shambles today

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70

Shambles today

Dear Mr Yorkston

Next time you decide to host our wonderful fans at your stadium
    a) dont have a mixture of tickets with seat numbers and pay at the gate without tickets
    b) or if you do let the stewards know that they should just tell everyone to sit anywhere and make a tannoy announcement to this effect
    c) have a plan B just in case more fans turn up than you expected

Complete shambles from Dunfermline Athletic, G4S Stewards and Fife Constabulary.

2. Log in to remove the advert

ALWAYS is mate. Amateur club and keystone cops

However, I know future away games at EEP will be all ticket.

Surely better just to make it all pay at the gate, no? Makes for bigger potential crowd and takes away all hassle.

Fantastic Hibs support. Was always going to be big so dunno why they never just opened the side stand.

Dunfi are learning though. There was still food available for sale at 3.20pm

Why not have remaining tickets at turnstiles, the crowds at the front of stand at kick off were large, just glad no accidents happened, tin pot club mentality......They should be reprimanded for today's shambles
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Not the first time this has happened at East End Park.

Looked a complete shambles and for a good 10-15 minutes or so, it appeared to me as if everyone was just looking at each other, waiting on someone else to make a decision.

Total shambles.The game is on its knees in Scotland and fans continue to be treated like s**t. I had a ticket today but upon entry was told to sit

anywhere which I did but it soon became obvious that not everyone was being informed of this and yip guess what happens at 2.55 ? guy arrives

and is severely peed off that im sitting in the seat he has a ticket for. I explained that it was sit anywhere but he really wasnt having it and went to

inform a steward. The steward apparently told him to go and stand infront of me and i would soon move if i couldnt see the match!!!! I blame Dunfermline

for this but cant help feel our own website helps confuse this with tickets advertised as available for x and y game when its realisticaly pay at the gate.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    We were the same sat settled and telt to shift , daft but given the shambles down front if you had a seat number late on why not use it we got seated further back and to the side, actually plenty seats spare while folk were standing down front waiting on a decision
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    They should have also delayed KO until all the fans down the front of the east stand were relocated to the north.

Seems common sense can't be applied in these situations.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Total shambles.The game is on its knees in Scotland and fans continue to be treated like s**t. I had a ticket today...........

.............. but cant help feel our own website helps confuse this with tickets advertised as available for x and y game when its realisticaly pay at the gate.
    You cant blame Hibs for selling tickets they were given by Dunfermline and then Dunfermline make it PATG too.
    All ticket at most games these days is not required. Daft decision IMO.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    EEP and Tannadump are repeat offenders IMO. What really annoys me it that the " stewards" are supposedly there for crowd safety?? Now, when you go to Darkheed, the stewards are openly violent and aggressive, but at least they always like that, so no surprises. But at the two grounds I have noted above, they go from unhelpfull, to picky, to obstructive and then as they lose more and more control of the situation, they get the polis involved when it is their own lack of planning and foresight that are causing the incidents.

Total shambles.The game is on its knees in Scotland and fans continue to be treated like s**t. I had a ticket today but upon entry was told to sit

anywhere which I did but it soon became obvious that not everyone was being informed of this and yip guess what happens at 2.55 ? guy arrives

and is severely peed off that im sitting in the seat he has a ticket for. I explained that it was sit anywhere but he really wasnt having it and went to

inform a steward. The steward apparently told him to go and stand infront of me and i would soon move if i couldnt see the match!!!! I blame Dunfermline

for this but cant help feel our own website helps confuse this with tickets advertised as available for x and y game when its realisticaly pay at the gate.
    If it was row m seat 44 it was me. Why shuld I go to Easter Road, buy a ticket and then find somebody in my seat. Why didn't you go and buy a ticket? I understand what the OP says. It was a shambles. I also agree with your point about the state of the game in Scotland. Today I think the soloution to the prpblem was obvious. If you have bought a ticket take your seat in the stand behind the goals, if not pay at the gate and go into the wee stand opposite where the teams come out. Pretty simple and would have saved all the hassle. Hope you enjoyed the game and don't take my seat again or there will be trouble.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Badge the Hibee View Post
    If it was row m seat 44 it was me. Why shuld I go to Easter Road, buy a ticket and then find somebody in my seat. Why didn't you go and buy a ticket? I understand what the OP says. It was a shambles. I also agree with your point about the state of the game in Scotland. Today I think the soloution to the prpblem was obvious. If you have bought a ticket take your seat in the stand behind the goals, if not pay at the gate and go into the wee stand opposite where the teams come out. Pretty simple and would have saved all the hassle. Hope you enjoyed the game and don't take my seat again or there will be trouble.
    I think everyone should have just accepted that it was sit anywhere and got on with it. Your ticket got you into the game. If enough people bought them then you'd have secured your entry.

I don't know why anyone bothered. I don't think there was ever really the suggestion it was going to be ticket only.

I paid £20 for a ticket from ER on Wednesday because I knew I'd be struggling for kick off. Bang on 3pm, I was a weeeeee bit peeved that the stand had been bloody shut and I was stuck outside the side enclosure for 15 odd minutes.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Aye agree it was a shambles, but sorry once in and found a seat I was moving for no-one, I certainly wouldn't have moved to another seat if someone with a ticket had turned up! If DAFC can't organise something simple like tickets at the turnstiles then they have to deal with the fall out.

Most of the folk around me were told as i was, sit anywhere you want.
    The shambles that was getting the overspill fans into the other section was a joke, everyone could see what needed to be done but the stewards/police took an age to finally make a decision.
    it would have been very easy to just create a line of stewards across the coner section and get the fans across as quick as possible, esp when the ball is up the other end of the park.
    folk just wanted to get a seat.

other than that excellent Hibs support!

:pfgwa

The shambles was not confined to EEP. Despite hundreds of fans at the station the first train to arrive at Dunf for Edinburgh at 5.30pm was two carriages and already near full. Thankfully Scotrail arranaged for a special which arrived about 15 mins later and took us directly to Haymarket.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Dundee United are just as bad. They let about 100 folk in too many on christmas eve then took ten minutes to get their head out of the erchies and relocate folk. The had people standing and sitting in the aiskes. Then acted like Nazis harrassing folk who were standing in the back row. Tannadice is a death trap, imagine trying to exit through the tiny corridors in a panic/emergency sitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Badge the Hibee View Post
    Read the post again. I did go to easter rd and purchase a ticket but when I entered the ground the area that my ticket was for was already full which didn't bother me as I had already been told by the steward that it was sit anywhere. It wasn't row m seat 44 thou! I'm not blaming hibs for selling tickets for the game today I just feel in general it looks like we are selling tickets for away games that isn't nesessary and don't always say clearly that there is pay at the gate. I live out of town and went to get a ticket because up until a couple of days ago it was clear as mud if there was a cash gate and even then I think it said you can buy tickets at the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Not the first time this has happened at East End Park.

Looked a complete shambles and for a good 10-15 minutes or so, it appeared to me as if everyone was just looking at each other, waiting on someone else to make a decision.

I was involved with the pre-match safety and security preparations for the match where Sauzee made his managerial debut and advised the match-commander and DAFCs security head that Hibs would travel with around 5000 fans. This assertion was dismissed as wishful thinking (they knew where my allegiances lay) and they stuck to their guns, with plans for the away support to be allocated the East Stand only, to be accessed via 4 of the available 6 turnstiles.

On the day, myself and my colleague were the only visible representation outside the East and were taking pelters (justifiably) from an increasingly growing crowd getting proportionally more angry. We were virtually pleading with Match Control to authorise the opening of the two contingent turnstiles and to prepare for the opening of the North East 'Stand'. We are still waiting on a decision. Eventually, after calming down one massive, hyperventilating, very disgruntled, ginger-haired Hibby who appeared to be in favour of ripping my wee heid oaf, by explaining what we were doing, he turned to the walk-up fans and shouted 'gie the guys a ***** break eh, the boys ur dain thir best' You could taste my relief.

Suffice to say we took the decision ourselves (which was technically not for us to do but as the cops and the club went awol our options were limited) and got it sorted. It really wasn't difficult.

Had they listened in the first place, there would have been no problems.

Not good to see things haven't been addressed in the best part of a decade.

Read the post again. I did go to easter rd and purchase a ticket but when I entered the ground the area that my ticket was for was already full which didn't bother me as I had already been told by the steward that it was sit anywhere. It wasn't row m seat 44 thou! I'm not blaming hibs for selling tickets for the game today I just feel in general it looks like we are selling tickets for away games that isn't nesessary and don't always say clearly that there is pay at the gate. I live out of town and went to get a ticket because up until a couple of days ago it was clear as mud if there was a cash gate and even then I think it said you can buy tickets at the ground.
    Glad it wasn't my seat.

Looked like Dunfermline just kept letting people through the turnstiles even though the East stand was full. Pretty sure it was so they could move them afterwards and not have to open the North stand turnstiles but still collect the coin.. Chancers IMO, could have went badly.

Brilliant hibs support today.

In 2012 - it's a farce a club playing in the SPL can't sort this basic thing out.

Solutions -

1. Make it all ticket before the game - ideally not as crowds are usually bigger for pay at gate.

2. Every person that enters gets a ticket - just like some cinemas - sit in your number on your ticket

3. Sit where you want and as soon as the stand looks like it's filling up open up the other side or sides of the ground.

Common sense really and Hibs felt sorry for the fans who had to suffer - we had people in there early at 2pm and then at 2.55pm having to move as someone had a ticket with seat number - which is fair enough - but these people who had been there for an hour never knew the set up or which seats had been sold.

We should be talking about the game not this nonsense.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    On a sort of related theme did anyone get served their fabulous steak bridies by that wee bandit that looked about 10 years old? Twice tried to overcharge me and wasnae budging till I counted it out in front of him and the wee bassa tried to rip off a few others as well with change of a tenner when they gave him a twenty!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Dear Mr Yorkston

Next time you decide to host our wonderful fans at your stadium
    a) dont have a mixture of tickets with seat numbers and pay at the gate without tickets
    b) or if you do let the stewards know that they should just tell everyone to sit anywhere and make a tannoy announcement to this effect
    c) have a plan B just in case more fans turn up than you expected

Complete shambles from Dunfermline Athletic, G4S Stewards and Fife Constabulary.
    dunfermline have always been a tin pot club

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Let's be honest, with the predicted numbers travelling and selling a small number of tickets in advance, it's no surprise there was a shambles. It was to be expected.
    I don't understand why fans couldn't have been moved round the track while game was playing? Seen it done before.
    If it was strictly all ticket, we would have had half the size of crowd today.

Absolute shambles as the OP pointed out.

Lucky there were no incidents or injuries.

I have consoled myself with the point that next year in the first division they will have no problem dealing with the paltry Cowdenbeath support and both clubs are welcome to each other.

That was the best possible argument for a Premier League consisting only of clubs who have mastered crowd control. After Cowdenbeath last week and Dunfermline this week it is obvious that some clubs should be nowhere near the top table.

Dunfermline proved today they are a small town club with a small town mentality and completely unable to deal with any sort of crowd.

I'm afraid this sort of scenario doesn't really help the cause of safe standing. There are systems in place to make sure that there is enough space to go round with electronic turnstile counters, leaving 10% of seats unsold in an unreserved stand and having a contingency plan once the stand reaches 80% full with queues still outside. All of those are basic health & safety rules which, if someone puts in a complaint or if there was a 'spot' inspection at the game today, will leave Dunfermline in breach of their safety certificate and down the proverbial creek without a paddle. Staggering in this day and age that there were such problems.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    I'm afraid this sort of scenario doesn't really help the cause of safe standing. There are systems in place to make sure that there is enough space to go round with electronic turnstile counters, leaving 10% of seats unsold in an unreserved stand and having a contingency plan once the stand reaches 80% full with queues still outside. All of those are basic health & safety rules which, if someone puts in a complaint or if there was a 'spot' inspection at the game today, will leave Dunfermline in breach of their safety certificate and down the proverbial creek without a paddle. Staggering in this day and age that there were such problems.

Technically no supporters should have been allowed to simply walk around the track to get to the other stand today, all should have been counted in the stand through the turnstiles.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Dundee United are just as bad. They let about 100 folk in too many on christmas eve then took ten minutes to get their head out of the erchies and relocate folk. The had people standing and sitting in the aiskes. Then acted like Nazis harrassing folk who were standing in the back row. Tannadice is a death trap, imagine trying to exit through the tiny corridors in a panic/emergency sitation.
    I'd be on the pitch. Cook going into that death trap.

J