hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't help but feel that a great deal of Hibbies have green tinted specks on...

One goal in China in 9 games, not exactly prolific
    Deeks was getting played as the lone striker in china , hence the poor ratio .
    Over 100 goals for us is prolific

ggtth

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    You just know this is going to come back and bite us in the arse, and I'm not talking Scottish cup. Killie won't finish top 6 so will be one of the teams we NEED to beat at the end of the season.

I Doubt Deek or us fans would be happy if he scored the goal that put us down if that happened who would we blame

Teflon dodge a bullit.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    He played for Killie in a bounce game today against Rangers. Rangers won 4v1

He got an assist for the Killie goal.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    So why ask a question?
    Because I am a wee devil and a misichief maker

Quote Originally Posted by nortonhibby View Post
    I Doubt Deek or us fans would be happy if he scored the goal that put us down if that happened who would we blame

Teflon dodge a bullit.
    But he won't so why worry

Personal story, i know, but our band toured in Shanghai late 2011 (what a place btw) and we contacted Deek's agent about hooking up, bring some Hibby banter etc. He was a joy to deal with and couldn't do enough. Sorry it didn't work out and wish Deek all best (except for 90min v us)

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Hibernian could face competition from Turkish club Kayserispor to sign forward Derek Riordan.

Petrie!

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    First word of the article is an error. Nice, BBC.

First Team Breakthrough derek0762's Avatar
    "Hibernian could face competition" ??? BBC at their best again eh? lol

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    Hope we don't sign him, very limited player and don't think he would contribute much. No doubting that technically he has so much ability, but he's only of use when we get the ball right to his feet in space in or around the box. The Riordan of old would be able to drop a shoulder and drift past defenders with ease, but he can't do that now. No pace, no trickery, no strength, no power.

For me he's always tended to play wide left, drifting out a lot during his first spell and staying there under Yogi. I don't think he can offer us much from there without being able to take a man on. Thought he slowed the play down quite a lot last season, with heavy touches inside. No doubt he still has the football brain on him, just don't think he has the physical attributes to match anymore. Can't play up front without someone alongside him. Ideally I'd like my forward players to have good movement and pace, being able to press high, beat players and link up well. For me he doesn't offer that. He had a decent record last time out, but as a team we certainly didn't.

I think he'd do well at Killie, in an organised team with decent creativity but no cutting edge. We don't have that kind of team, so think he would be pretty much a wasted jersey. Will be interested to see where he ends up and hope he does well (without it being detrimental to us), but even if he does well it doesn't necessarily mean that we were wrong to pass up on him.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye, we're well ****ed, as I said earlier!!

Who in their right mind wants to sign for us just now especially with the peanuts we pay?!

Still, according to this board, Deeks & Deano are no users and we'll find better players that will want to sign for us

Aye, ok

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post

Who in their right mind wants to sign for us just now especially with the peanuts we pay?!

Still, according to this board, Deeks & Deano are no users and we'll find better players that will want to sign for us

Aye, ok
    Panic merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    I think Riordan would do very well at Killie, and may even do us some damage. But I do not think he would do so well if he re-signed for Hibs...
    Given that we're keech and they're not, I'm inclined to agree that he would be likely to do a lot better with them than with us.

Come to think of it, there are probably 11 teams in the SPL at the moment where he would do better than with us.
    Last edited by Nailrod; 11-01-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SubiacoHibs View Post
    Panic merchant.

Come back Saturday at 5pm and see how we're doing then

If I was a Kilmarnock fan I'd be absolutely delighted with the dealings and potential dealings in this window. Perhaps East Mains isn't as a big a draw to players as it was hoped it would be?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    If I was a Kilmarnock fan I'd be absolutely delighted with the dealings and potential dealings in this window. Perhaps East Mains isn't as a big a draw to players as it was hoped it would be?
    The training ground is only one part of the package. The completed stadium is only one other. Any of these things alone aren't going to make or break a deal. I imagine players would still prioritise other things such as their salary, security (length of contract), and the ambition of the club they are coming to.

Right now our ambition is to avoid relegation ("gee that is an exciting challenge Mr. Petrie - where do I sign?").

The fact is, with all things considered, Hibernian Football Club is not as big a draw as we would like it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    I am delighted! Apparently we're also in for Ben Gordon, the left back we had on loan from Chelsea for half of last year!

Re the comment about us not making the top six (dunno if I can multiquote on phone) think we have a reasonable chance if we start picking up points away from home.

What have the board got to do with selecting who signs and who doesn't?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Aye, ok
    I hope you are right, drugs are a problem in society, but surely they are not that daft?

Quote Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
    The training ground is only one part of the package. The completed stadium is only one other. Any of these things alone aren't going to make or break a deal. I imagine players would still prioritise other things such as their salary, security (length of contract), and the ambition of the club they are coming to.

Right now our ambition is to avoid relegation ("gee that is an exciting challenge Mr. Petrie - where do I sign?").

The fact is, with all things considered, Hibernian Football Club is not as big a draw as we would like it to be.
    Whilst I agree with all of that, perhaps it's about time the club started being more **** positive from top to bottom, if only we had an ounce of the winning mentality Hearts have. It would not take an awful lot to make things significantly better than they are. I am pretty confident that if we stay up this season, that Pat will have us top 5 next season. Whilst we might not be turning up at ER in large numbers, the fact is there's a large fanbase with Hibs - We should not undersell ourselves is all I'm saying.
    Signing for Motherwell or Killie right now might look very appealing, but argue this in the summer, and I will be confident Hibs will be a bigger pull.

the biggest factor of them all, IMHO is money. And we should not be getting out bid on that front by most teams, so all in all I am not really worried that our predicament won't get bette, coz players 'choose' other SPL clubs over us.

The Hibees will be back soon

Quote Originally Posted by vanNISHtelroy View Post
    I am delighted! Apparently we're also in for Ben Gordon, the left back we had on loan from Chelsea for half of last year!

Re the comment about us not making the top six (dunno if I can multiquote on phone) think we have a reasonable chance if we start picking up points away from home.
    Ben Gordon apparently now confirmed to end of the season....don't think I can take the excitement! According to chairman quite a few to come in and a a couple to get released (maybe Panikvar who is a left back and someone else).
    In Kenny We Trust

Ben Gordon apparently now confirmed to end of the season....don't think I can take the excitement! According to chairman quite a few to come in and a a couple to get released (maybe Panikvar who is a left back and someone else).
    In Kenny We Trust
    Players?!? PAH! Feel the Balance Sheet

In Kenny We Trust
    So you're 'for' your chairman now, yes?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    What have the board got to do with selecting who signs and who doesn't?

What board? This board?

Who said anything about who selects who?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Thought you can't do deals this early in the transfer window as players and clubs want to wait till the end of the window?

We'll no doubt wait till the end of the window and sign a group of players that are either free agents or not wanted by their clubs so would have been available in the first week of January while clubs like killie actually go out there and get the players they require early

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    So you're 'for' your chairman now, yes?
    Nope. All I said was he'd said it....don't trust him!

Its the gaffer I have faith in!

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Apparently St.Mirren also interested in signing DR on short term deal!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Apparently St.Mirren also interested in signing DR on short term deal!
    How was your curry last week pal?