hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will never know since nothing was offered Mr Beefster.

The china deal came along and he took that end of story really.
    Silver, do you know if Derek was asked by the club what he was looking for financially at any stage prior to him leaving 2nd time around?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    We should be focused on bringing new faces to Easter Road, players that will give us a better balance and shape, we need to move on instead of pinning our hopes on one individual who talented as he is wasn`t the same player second time around.
    Thanks for a common sense post
    Yes DR will score goals for Killie , probably against us, but in the wider picture should we not be accepting he left of his own accord to better himself and/or to get away from trouble which seems to follow him.
    Yesterdays man in my book
    LET'S MOVE ON

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Thanks for a common sense post
    Yes DR will score goals for Killie , probably against us, but in the wider picture should we not be accepting he left of his own accord to better himself and/or to get away from trouble which seems to follow him.
    Yesterdays man in my book
    LET'S MOVE ON

100%, lets

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Aye we're well shot right enough. Rooted in the bottom two and cannae score for toffee yet some numpties are turning their noses up at a player that's scored in excess of 100 goals in this league. Deary me.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Aye we're well shot right enough. Rooted in the bottom two and cannae score for toffee yet some numpties are turning their noses up at a player that's scored in excess of 100 goals in this league. Deary me.
    The numpties don't have any choice in the matter, it's the manager who has the say so.

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    We should be focused on bringing new faces to Easter Road, players that will give us a better balance and shape, we need to move on instead of pinning our hopes on one individual who talented as he is wasn`t the same player second time around.
    I'd be fine with that if:

a) He wasnae better than we have (but he is)
    b) We werenae in a hole (but we are - thus we need players better than we have)
    c) He wasnae a match-winner (but he is)

Deek on record as saying he thought SPL was stale and he wanted a fresh challenge..... What makes anyone think he would resign for us or any other SPL side for that matter?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

So I'm a numpty because i think we need fresh faces in the team? Sean get a grip pal. Respect other people's opinions as most folk are doing.

Deary me, calling your fellow supporters numpties...... I for one don't want DR to resign, and I was attending matches before you were born, guess Im a numpty

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Second spell at hibs.

First season top goal scorer.

Second season, second top goal scorer after Stokes and Deek played LM and got 17 goals and about 12 assists and helped the club get in to Europe.

Third season, started of well had a poor second half to the season but still finished top goal scorer.

Kinda says it all for me.

Statistics and hard facts will always hold more value than someones opinions.

Hope it works out for him if he does end up at Killie.

Pat Fenlon's a numptie?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Deek on record as saying he thought SPL was stale and he wanted a fresh challenge..... What makes anyone think he would resign for us or any other SPL side for that matter?
    That quote was at least 6 months ago.

Perhaps for him the grass isn't greener on the other side?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Players and managers talk out their erse, its practically written into their contract. So do some fans.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post

Cheers, couldn't see any quotes from anyone there that he is signing to the end of the season with Killie.

Seems KS was impressed with Derek in his first day of training though.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Wouldn't want him back, and Killie are welcome to him - I'm almost certain he'll be a resounding failure there. Hibs are his boyhood heroes and he didn't exactly come across as the most enthusiastic player in his time here. Can't imagine he'll be the most motivated player in the world, and now that he's lost his pace, I don't think he'll be terribly hard for defences to deal with.

Good luck to him though.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    I predict a 10 pager with smurf hoping he scores the winner against us in the cup, tqm blaming it on Petrie/Lindsay only being willing to offer 3 and sixpence a week with a bit of coal as a signing on fee, silverhibee posting loads of winking smilies and joe baker II demanding the next cup game being played at murrayfield.

Time for us all to move on, riordan was a fantastic player for hibs but is no longer here. The club don't seem to want him and the player said himself he was bored with spl football.

Lets give whoever fenlon does sign and the ones already here who do play the same support deek gets and we'll improve no end

Where did you hear that about, oh yeah right The Sun.
    So it's not likely then?

I don't believe for a minute that he's just down there to train, I'm sure there's other clubs closer to where he stays that would have offered training facilities if that's all he was looking for surely

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    That quote was at least 6 months ago.

Perhaps for him the grass isn't greener on the other side?
    Of course that is true, but his weekly wage was massive in China, if he had stuck it for a year or so, he would have been financially sound, maybe money is not an issue for him, and wants to return back to Scotland after all...

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Players and managers talk out their erse, its practically written into their contract. So do some fans.
    Out these fans Gary

Unbelievable !!! typical over reaction as per usual on here ...do hibs want him ?..has Fenlon publicly shown an interest in re-signing him ? ..if no why are you spouting the ****ing numpties pish ?

As soon as Riordans name is mentioned on here its the usual ... .........

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    I predict a 10 pager with smurf hoping he scores the winner against us in the cup, tqm blaming it on Petrie/Lindsay only being willing to offer 3 and sixpence a week with a bit of coal as a signing on fee, silverhibee posting loads of winking smilies and joe baker II demanding the next cup game being played at murrayfield.

Time for us all to move on, riordan was a fantastic player for hibs but is no longer here. The club don't seem to want him and the player said himself he was bored with spl football.

Lets give whoever fenlon does sign and the ones already here who do play the same support deek gets and we'll improve no end
    I doubt we'll offer THAT much! PETRIE!!!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Out these fans Gary
    I'm too modest mate, ah sod it, all of us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    I doubt we'll offer THAT much! PETRIE!!!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post

If you were funny you would make a good comedian...

Of course I hope he doesn't score the winner against us if he lined up against us. However, if he's read some of the nonsense written on here against him, you couldn't blame him, if he was highly motivated to do so...

Of course that is true, but his weekly wage was massive in China, if he had stuck it for a year or so, he would have been financially sound, maybe money is not an issue for him, and wants to return back to Scotland after all...

I don't know for certain but that team perhaps wanted shot of him. They have went out and signed Anelka and are in the market for Drogba so perhaps they were keen to punt him anyway?

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    If you were funny you would make a good comedian...

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Of course I hope he doesn't score the winner against us if he lined up against us. However, if he's read some of the nonsense written on here against him, you couldn't blame him, if he was highly motivated to do so...
    "In a perverse kind of way you kind of wish he'd shut a few within our own rank up..."

Happy for you Derek. Killie are a good club and I'm sure Kenny Shiels will give you a chance there to show some of the undoubted natural talent you clearly have.
    Celtc ruined you son IMO and you were never the same player after your spell in Glasgow. Hope you can learn to enjoy your football again . You might go on to bigger and better things but always remember youre one if us. No-one can take Hibernian out of the boy.

All the best Deeks !

One more thing.... Can you feign injury before every Hibs match.??
    You really wouldnt enjoy scoring against us -particularly at Eastet Road.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil the Hibby View Post
    Happy for you Derek. Killie are a good club and I'm sure Kenny Shiels will give you a chance there to show some of the undoubted natural talent you clearly have.
    Celtc ruined you son IMO and you were never the same player after your spell in Glasgow. Hope you can learn to enjoy your football again . You might go on to bigger and better things but always remember youre one if us. No-one can take Hibernian out of the boy.

All the best Deeks !

One more thing.... Can you feign injury before every Hibs match.??
    You really wouldnt enjoy scoring against us -particularly at Eastet Road.
    He enjoyed it enough when he was at Ceptic.

If Deeks wants to sign for someone outside the SPL, he should wait a few months and then sign for us.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post

"In a perverse kind of way you kind of wish he'd shut a few within our own rank up..."

Yeah that wording and use of the word perverse suggests I really want him to score against us. Oh I really do...