hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Would be gutted if he signed for another SPL side, he's 28 now, so still young, am I right in saying he has a family now and a wee one? That more often than not makes people knuckle down and apply themselves better, not just in work but life etc. Might have been worth having a few meetings with him, see where his head is at, showing Fenlon some highlight reels of what he's capable of! If the above applies to Deek he could be returning to his best at the right time in his career, time will tell I guess, good luck to him wherever he goes, just not in games against us!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    He'll be a quality signing for Killie, and he'll do well for them. Could be the difference between top 6 and bottom 6 for them.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll be a quality signing for Killie, and he'll do well for them. Could be the difference between top 6 and bottom 6 for them.
    Hope so!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Would rather he moved to another (less boring ) league however if he plays well for Killie so be it. He was here last season and personally thought he was very poor in a poor team. IMO better for Hibs and Deek for him to play somewhere else. Him coming back for a 3rd time would IMO be embarressing for both parties.

Fenlon is just in the door so should be allowed to pick his own players and build his own team.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    I think it's generally expected that a footballer around the age of 28 would be at the peak of their ability. Deek is looking likely to sign with Killie.

It's a shame, but you wonder just how far he could have gone in the game if he had gone somewhere else apart from warming the bench at Parkhead when he left Hibs. He's been a fantastic player, with a great talent for playing football but he should really be at a better level than Killie at this stage in his career.

Where did you hear that about, oh yeah right The Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Wish Derek good luck and success with whatever he decides to do. I just wish he'd stop using Hibs as his mum's pinny everytime he falls on his face.

Deek, thanks for the memories and you'll be held in high esteem by a whole generation of Hibbies, but it's time to fly the nest for good.

Dereks not asking to come back and play at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    Wonder if he'll kiss their badge. After all it has two raised fingers on it. Well shot of him

Kiss the badge, he doesn't even play for them auld yin.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    I think Riordan would do very well at Killie, and may even do us some damage. But I do not think he would do so well if he re-signed for Hibs, so I won't be eating my heart out with "what ifs".
    Surprised nonetheless, seeing as he left Hibs because he was bored of the SPL. Also surprised that he is the sort of player that Sheils would want in his team.

He is only training there, remember its the Sun that are running the story, or does that not matter when it comes to Deek.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Both Hibs and Deek need to move on. He scored goals for us and did well. But choose to move on twice. He is now trying re build his career at a smaller club. Good luck to him but as fans its time to let go

You keep saying this, he left once, no contract was offered when he left the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    It's like seeing your favourite ex girlfriend with a new guy. You know you both have to move on but you hate seeing them together. You also hate to let your mind wander and think of all the possible things they could get up to together.
    Haha brillant!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    You keep saying this, he left once, no contract was offered when he left the second time.
    Are you saying that he wanted to stay? He said that he was bored of the SPL and was offered what seems to have been, by all accounts, a fantastic deal in China. Doesn't sound like he was likely to have signed a new contract at Hibs (on realistic terms).

We should be focused on bringing new faces to Easter Road, players that will give us a better balance and shape, we need to move on instead of pinning our hopes on one individual who talented as he is wasn`t the same player second time around.

This will prob end up 10 pages long.. Guys he wasn't that great last time round we all seen this. Yes the team were poor but a player like Derek should have done much better. Why can't we move on from the ex player cr@p? He's not with Hibs and if i'm honest i couldn't care less who he plays for. I think he was a fantastic player first time round but not anywhere near it second.

He's moved on maybe it's about time we did as well, and let Pat bring in the next deek or a player hungry like he was first time.

Believe it or not there are other players out there you know other than ex hibs players.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Silver, I have to say I love how you can confirm or deny rumours. Puts everyone's hysteria into perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Are you saying that he wanted to stay? He said that he was bored of the SPL and was offered what seems to have been, by all accounts, a fantastic deal in China. Doesn't sound like he was likely to have signed a new contract at Hibs (on realistic terms).

We will never know since nothing was offered Mr Beefster.

The china deal came along and he took that end of story really.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This will prob end up 10 pages long.. Guys he wasn't that great last time round we all seen this. Yes the team were poor but a player like Derek should have done much better. Why can't we move on from the ex player cr@p? He's not with Hibs and if i'm honest i couldn't care less who he plays for. I think he was a fantastic player first time round but not anywhere near it second.

He's moved on maybe it's about time we did as well, and let Pat bring in the next deek or a player hungry like he was first time.

Believe it or not there are other players out there you know other than ex hibs players.

Second spell at hibs.

First season top goal scorer.

Second season, second top goal scorer after Stokes and Deek played LM and got 17 goals and about 12 assists and helped the club get in to Europe.

Third season, started of well had a poor second half to the season but still finished top goal scorer.

Second spell at hibs.

Second season, second top goal scorer after Stokes and Deek played LM and got 17 goals and about 12 assists and helped the club get in to Europe.

Third season, started of well had a poor second half to the season but still finished top goal scorer.
    He can score no doubt silver. But i think we should be looking at other players now. I'm not having a go at him, but he wasn't great last time and i didn't think he worked hard enough. I hope he does well but i'm happy we haven't went back in for him.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Second spell at hibs.

Says it all really!!

Would still have liked Hibs to have had a look at Derek it training, mainly because at 28 this prolific Hibernian goal scorer ain't finished yet, IMO.
    Last edited by one day maybe...; 10-01-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Left by mutual consent!

Well where are all these excellent other players out there?

Deadwood was utterly incapable of finding any and filled our team with *****, our best player this season according to some is LS, who wasnt able to get a look in for the last 3 years but now, due to the team being laden with plsh, he's a guaranteed starter!

Jeez oh!

Anyway, who says all these decent other players, which the last manager couldnt find, would actually want to come to us? We're 1 point of the bottom of the table, relegation looming, squad full of plsh?

The assumption on this board that good players will sign for us for plshy wages "just cos its Hibs" is laughable..

Motherwell, St J, Killie etc are all better options to guys with no allegience!

This side is completely devoid of any talented, technically gifted players with a bit craft and creativity but we should steer clear of someone like Riordan because he's an ex player?

We have scored the least amount of goals in the whole entire SPL this season but some on here wouldnt take 1 of OUR and the SPL's all time top scorers back?!

Who's currently our top scorer?

Oh aye, O'Connor, another EX player

We're staring relegation in the face, goals will keep us up, Derek Riordan scores goals and is a free agent...

Sign him up!!!!!
    Last edited by Judas Iscariot; 10-01-2012 at 10:21 AM.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    He is only training there, remember its the Sun that are running the story, or does that not matter when it comes to Deek.

Om the BBC site now, playing for Killie today in a bounce game v Rangers, with a view to signing until rest of season?

Second spell at hibs.

Oi silver!! Stop letting facts get in the way of a deeks (the new flag) debate!!!

Dont ya know he's finished, lazy, past it, has a terrible attitude, kills babies and likes marmite etc etc......

Gaun yersell Hibernian Legend, would rather you pulled on the famous greenjersey once more (Paddy would get the best of him imho), rather than Kilmarnock.... Kilmarnock ffs

Left by mutual consent! nortonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This has "disaster" written all over it as far as the Scottish Cup's concerned.
    You can almost Write the Script now.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post

Deadwood was utterly incapable of finding any and filled our team with *****, our best player this season according to some is LS, who wasnt able to get a look in for the last 3 years but now, due to the team being laden with plsh, he's a guaranteed starter!

Jeez oh!

Anyway, who says all these decent other players, which the last manager couldnt find, would actually want to come to us? We're 1 point of the bottom of the table, relegation looming, squad full of plsh?

The assumption on this board that good players will sign for us for plshy wages "just cos its Hibs" is laughable..

This side is completely devoid of any talented, technically gifted players with a bit craft and creativity but we should steer clear of someone like Riordan because he's an ex player?

We have scored the least amount of goals in the whole entire SPL this season but some on here wouldnt take 1 of OUR and the SPL's all time top scorers back?!

We're staring relegation in the face, goals will keep us up, Derek Riordan scores goals and is a free agent...

Sign him up!!!!!
    Look i'm not a scout but i do have faith in Pat to bring in talent in this window. the boy Doyle looks a player and a couple more then we will be on the right road.

I don't think he would help us after watching him the 2nd time at ER that's just me. you think he will fair do's. But he's not coming so lets move on. O'Connor has done well yeah but even he's not kicked a ball in weeks now. Sproule? yeah that's worked out really well eh?

Players will come to Hibs and it remains to be seen if they will get us out this mess we are in. But i'd rather a new player than a player who looked like he couldn't be bothered last time and we can't afford that just now.

So, whilst Riordan is available and looks like signing for Killie, we're stuck with the wretched coward Danny Galbraith on our left wing.I know who I'd prefer playing there.

Jeez oh!

Sign him up!!!!!

You forgot to mention the Pars have a gane in hand over us to.

Left by mutual consent!
    Look i'm not a scout but i do have faith in Pat to bring in talent in this window. the boy Doyle looks a player and a couple more then we will be on the right road.

I don't think he would help us after watching him the 2nd time at ER that's just me. you think he will fair do's. But he's not coming so lets move on. O'Connor has done well yeah but even he's not kicked a ball in weeks now. Sproule? yeah that's worked out really well eh?

Players will come to Hibs and it remains to be seen if they will get us out this mess we are in. But i'd rather a new player than a player who looked like he couldn't be bothered last time and we can't afford that just now.
    From what i saw of him in his 2nd spell he'd be a dam sight better than what we have now..

As Silver posted earlier..

Second spell at hibs.

Third season, started of well had a poor second half to the season but still finished top goal scorer

His last season was poor by his standards but was still the clubs top scorer even though he was injured a fair bit and the fact he scored fewer goals that season than any other is not a coincidence that the Hibs team he was in was utterly terrible!

So do you mean 2nd spell or last season? Cos he scored almost 40 goals in that "crappy" 2nd spell...

Right now we could have Derek on the left rather than Galbraith, utter no brainer for me!!

As for Sproule, yes he's not been as good as some expected but he's chipped in with a few goals, assists and has been better than the previously mention Galbraith, along with jokers like Thornhill, Agogo, Sodje etc and they're "New not ex players"

I know for a fact Derek was anything but "not bothered" as most pro's do bother, but by you're own logic almost all this current squad are "not bothered" either by the level of performance some of these guys deliver weekly..

I'd rather have someone who looks "not bothered" but can score goals and produce buts of magic like nobody else in the league can rather than a bunch of talentless, no hoping no scoring clowns that seem to be "not bothered" too...
    Last edited by Judas Iscariot; 10-01-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    Om the BBC site now, playing for Killie today in a bounce game v Rangers, with a view to signing until rest of season?

Who said it, Deek, someone from Killie or just the bbc, is there any quotes from anyone as i cant find the link.

From what i saw of him in his 2nd spell he'd be a dam sight better than what we have now..

As Silver posted earlier..

Second spell at hibs.

Third season, started of well had a poor second half to the season but still finished top goal scorer

His last season was poor by his standards but was still the clubs top scorer even though he was injured a fair bit and the fact he scored fewer goals that season than any other is not a coincidence that the Hibs team he was in was utterly terrible!

Right now we could have Derek on the left rather than Galbraith, utter no brainer for me!!

As for Sproule, yes he's not been as good as some expected but he's chipped in with a few goals, assists and has been better than the previously mention Galbraith, along with jokers like Thornhill, Agogo, Sodje etc and they're "New not ex players"

I know for a fact Derek was anything but "not bothered" as most pro's do bother, but by you're own logic almost all this current squad are "not bothered" either by the level of performance some of these guys deliver weekly..

I'd rather have someone who looks "not bothered" but can score goals and produce buts of magic like nobody else in the league can rather than a bunch of talentless, no hoping no scoring clowns that seem to be "not bothered" too...
    First thing i want to say here is I do agree with the Galbraith thing. Also the players that brought in have been poor. Thornhill is a good player he's been injured though. The rest gash. But they aren't Pat's signings so i'm happy for him to bring in new faces to lift us out of this mess. We could go round in circles mate, i don't want Derek back you do. That's football! As long as we don't go down and bring in players that keep us in this league then Hibs will have done the right thing.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    I have got to say I'm not too worried about DR and Killie. This/our club has been looking over it's shoulder at ex players for far too long now and it's time to change direction IMHO.

We have been going round and round in circles for about two years now and that has to stop. PF will/has looked over everyone now and I have the faith in him to put us in the right direction for the first time in years.

We as Hibernian fans have to support him (PF) and give him the backing that we can be so good at, sometimes DR has been a huge player for us over the years, but it's time to start a fresh I wasn't up for G O'C to come back at the time, we just need to look at the bigger picture from now on.

PF has brought in Doyle and early indications would suggest that he may be just what we are looking for. I thought that he and LG looked as though they could cause teams problems given time. Not much time, but time

GGTTH
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 10-01-2012 at 10:53 AM.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Who said it, Deek, someone from Killie or just the bbc, is there any quotes from anyone as i cant find the link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16479968.stm