hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Riordan to sign for Kille

DEREK RIORDAN could be set for a stunning SPL return with Kilmarnock.

SunSport understands free agent Riordan trained with Killie yesterday and is in line to play for them today in a bounce game against Rangers.
    The ex-Celtic and Hibs star quit Chinese club Shaanxi Chan-ba in November after just four months, making nine appearances and scoring one goal.
    It's believed Killie boss Kenny Shiels — with the full backing of chairman Michael Johnston — is hopeful of agreeing an ambitious deal until the end of the season.
    Riordan, 28, made his name at Easter Road over a five-year spell in which he became one of the SPL's most prolific goalscorers.
    Celtic boss Gordon Strachan signed him for £150,000 in 2006, but it was to be an ill-fated two years at Parkhead.
    Riordan quickly became disillusioned with a bit-part role in the Hoops. A bitter public attack on Strachan led to a return to Hibs in 2008 where he stayed until moving to China.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...#ixzz1j0hFmo9c
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

This has "disaster" written all over it as far as the Scottish Cup's concerned.

Falkirkhibby, I came on to say the same thing, is it a case of great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ LOL.

Nothing to worry about with all the experts within our support saying he's not good enough etc.

In a perverse kind of way you kind of wish he'd shut a few within our own rank up...

The sun understands... Since when?

"Ambitious deal"????

I think they are about each others level now.

He'll get them a few goals, it'll be carnage on here when he scores but ultimately I don't think this is all that bad. If we had a decent defense I'd certainly be confident of how to deal with him. Whether the chuckle brothers in the middle and laurel and hardy outside them can cope with him is another matter altogether. They didn't do too well against 2nd division opposition on Saturday.

Coaching Staff
    Have to say that I have enjoyed his goals at ER. However, having him back for a third time would suggest that as a club, we're happy to be a port in the storm for a fan's favourite every time things don't work out. Hibs don't owe Riordan a living.

I wonder of he'll ever look back and think whether he's really fulfilled the potential of his undoubted talent?
    Last edited by steakbake; 10-01-2012 at 12:17 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a scary thought - the script is all too easy to read.

That said I can't help thinking that maybe both Riordan and Hibs need to move on - Deeks seemed to be stagnating somewhat at Hibs before his departure and we weren't seeing the best of him - would it be any different if he came back for a third stint?

He can bring goals and a touch of class but as we all know can also be a bit of a passenger sometimes which is the last thing we need. He'd no doubt be an improvement on Galbraith for example but at the same time I'd feel like we were going round in circles.

It's a conundrum but my gut feeling is that Deeks is not what we need right now - here's hoping Fenlon has some targets up his sleeve who will fit the bill for taking the team forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Nothing to worry about with all the experts within our support saying he's not good enough etc.

In a perverse kind of way you kind of wish he'd shut a few within our own rank up...
    So presumably if he doesn't come back to haunt us then you will admit that the club were right not to take on a punt on him?

Do we not have enough wasters, poor attitudes and lazy players in the current squad without bringing another one back?

Derek proved in his 2nd spell at Easter Road that he is no longer the fantastic talented player he was the first time around and couldnt make the same impact in games he used to be able to, hardly time to consider brining him back for another go at it...good luck to him at Killie but we have to move on and get players into that team willing to bust a gut every game to get us out of the relgation mire.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Makes me wonder who you support, DR or Hibernian FC?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    I've always wondered why some people take criticism of riordan so personally. It is like they'd rather see Hibs lose if it meant riordan proving his doubters wrong.

Weird

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Riordan is at his best when getting quality service to his feet, something we've not delivered this season.

I'm more excited to see if Nutsy's found the next Deek in Eoin Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    cmon dundee

I think it's generally expected that a footballer around the age of 28 would be at the peak of their ability. Deek is looking likely to sign with Killie.

It's a shame, but you wonder just how far he could have gone in the game if he had gone somewhere else apart from warming the bench at Parkhead when he left Hibs. He's been a fantastic player, with a great talent for playing football but he should really be at a better level than Killie at this stage in his career.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Wish Derek good luck and success with whatever he decides to do. I just wish he'd stop using Hibs as his mum's pinny everytime he falls on his face.

Deek, thanks for the memories and you'll be held in high esteem by a whole generation of Hibbies, but it's time to fly the nest for good.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Yep, Killie are about Riordan's level - 7th in the league with top 6 ambitions, well rid!

Good news if true IMO. MJ surprising us all by showing ambition and taking a gamble on making the top six....

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanNISHtelroy View Post
    Good news if true IMO. MJ surprising us all by showing ambition and taking a gamble on making the top six....
    Wonder if he'll kiss their badge. After all it has two raised fingers on it. Well shot of him

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Oh obviously DR.....

In my lifetime supporting out club not many have contributed more than DR.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    If he goes to Killie then I hope he does well, has given me lots of good memories playing for hibs and I would like to see him playing again as he is too young to be out of the game. All this well shot of him nonsense is just a bit disrespectful and not something we should lower ourselves too IMO. Good Hibs player in his day but time for Hibs and Riordan to move on, simple as that.

If he knocks us out of the scottish cup though

Testimonial Due
    Pervert.

More like so you can say "I told you so" you drama queen.

I heard he was going to join HJK Helsinki. Well he is finnish after all.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Riordan is only 28 ffs, whether he will finally put his head down and concentrate on his career or not is another thing, but at 28 the guy should not be finished, he was an outstanding goalscorer and if he can find anywhere near that sort of form then he will be an asset to any SPL team. Me personally! I think Hibs could have offered him training facilities, not saying he should have got to train with the first team squad, just to look at him and establish what kind of desire he had to get himself back in the game, short contract to the end of the season with an option to extend. At 28, all I'm saying his career is not over.

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    I think Riordan would do very well at Killie, and may even do us some damage. But I do not think he would do so well if he re-signed for Hibs, so I won't be eating my heart out with "what ifs".
    Surprised nonetheless, seeing as he left Hibs because he was bored of the SPL. Also surprised that he is the sort of player that Sheils would want in his team.

Gutted !

@hibs.net private member
    Both Hibs and Deek need to move on. He scored goals for us and did well. But choose to move on twice. He is now trying re build his career at a smaller club. Good luck to him but as fans its time to let go

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's like seeing your favourite ex girlfriend with a new guy. You know you both have to move on but you hate seeing them together. You also hate to let your mind wander and think of all the possible things they could get up to together.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    It's like seeing your favourite ex girlfriend with a new guy. You know you both have to move on but you hate seeing them together. You also hate to let your mind wander and think of all the possible things they could get up to together.
    Like it :-)

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I thought riordan was looking for new challenges away from the SPL?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Thought he was bored with the SPL?

I love how the panic is setting in with some folk!!!