hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Stag do advise

Stag do advise

I'm organising a stag do for a good mate of mine and am on the look out for tips regarding where to go, what to do and funny things we can do to the him. We'll have a group of about 15-20 and are all roughly 30 years old. Anyone have any recommendations? The stag is a jambo (not a beLIEver and a good guy) so please don't hold back with any stories you might have. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Log in to remove the advert

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Depends how far you want to travel? Off to Krakow in April on a stag doo, also been to Madrid, York, Pitlochry but best was an Easycruise that started in Amsterdam and visited Rotterdam, Antwerp and Brussels. Look at easyjet and Ryanair and you can get some ideas.

Cheers. The Munich beer festival is a possible destination (it'll be 2013 when we go, I know this year is pretty much booked out) but we (2 best men) want to come up with a few options for the stag to chose from. Amsterdam, Krakow and general easyjet flight like you mention. Did yous do anything funny to the stag?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I'm off to Cheltenham for the Gold Cup on Paddy's weekend for my stag. Basing ourselves in Birmingham and taking in some football.

Prague is good for such an occasion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are awful

Going to Leeds 1st weekend in feb for a stag and off to Benidorm in June for another, I'm best man for that one so will be planning some nonsense too...

Territorial Army Hall in Lanark Road, 2 very rude strippers, beer and pies. Taken home in a stretcher.

Well it worked for me 30 years ago!

It really isnae necessary for all the nonsense that gets done to "the stag". A good bevvy is quite sufficient!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It really isnae necessary for all the nonsense that gets done to "the stag". A good bevvy is quite sufficient!
    I know what you mean and there's no plans to chain him to a lamppost or do something that will get him arrested. A good bevi is top of the agenda and most important is that the stag has a good time. That being said, he'll be my best man if I ever get married and I know full well he'll plan some shenanigans for me so I feel obliged to do something. I'm trying to come up with a few things to supplement a normal bevi that will be enjoyed by everyone.

Going to the races sounds like a plan, cheers, I'll be looking in to that.

Theres plenty to enjoy in Prague, apart from the bevvy! Cheltenham is a fantastic day out too.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Lawrence of Arabia night out with the lads in full desert montage. Then when the Stag is pissed out of his cab gently point him in the direction of the Israeli Embassy before speeding off in a taxi.

Probably best doing this in some small east European country.