hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

Will It Start to Sink In Now?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16446048.stm

"Focussed on the club's survival, rather than league position".
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

nope

Thousands of them will turn up to a game one day and there won't be a club to support anymore, even then I'd still say it won't sink in.

There's an "I love Vladimir Romanov" thread over on sickbag, it's beyond belief the content of it, way way way beyond belief.

Regardless of how much they reduce the wage bill it isn't going to solve the problem of the 36m debt owed by HoMFC to UBIG. It doesn't matter how many pies and programmes they sell between now and the end of the millenium, they'll never pay that off. Mad Vlad is clearly not going to walk away until he gets the 50m he's valued the club at or more likely the JCB's will be unleashed on the PBS and the land sold.

Judging by the fact Foulkes and co are finding it impossible to negotiate with him, he's doing his best to destroy anyone's prospects of keeping Hearts a going concern. If he doesn't get what he deems a fair price, then it's going to be a Lidl supermarket at *********** and jumpers for goalposts at Saughton Park.

Does anyone have a login for Keekback so I can use to hae a spy?

Makes no difference what happens, they will come out of this smelling like roses as they always do, no fight, no backbone but the good old Edinburgh district council will be waiting in the wings with wads of cash to help...mark my words.

the problem will be when they start losing a lot of games

To Green Glory

Hey, Have sent you a PM, Hibby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Makes no difference what happens, they will come out of this smelling like roses as they always do, no fight, no backbone but the good old Edinburgh district council will be waiting in the wings with wads of cash to help...mark my words.
    You are absolutely correct. Furthermore there are several extremely rich people waiting in the wings to pick the club up when the time comes. I personally know of one multi millionaire who has been contacted to become involved in the rescue package and there definitely will be one. An awful lot of people on this board are going to be very disappointed when the collapse never comes. I think the players know about this and as such I think we'll find that they won't be losing as many important players as at first seemed likely.

Burn the heretic

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    You are absolutely correct. Furthermore there are several extremely rich people waiting in the wings to pick the club up when the time comes. I personally know of one multi millionaire who has been contacted to become involved in the rescue package and there definitely will be one. An awful lot of people on this board are going to be very disappointed when the collapse never comes. I think the players know about this and as such I think we'll find that they won't be losing as many important players as at first seemed likely.
    They will have to be very rich, and willing to lose an awful lot of money. Cant see it myself?

I think they will need several multi-millionares to seize control of the club from Mr Romanov. They might also get an easy ride from CEC with regard to planning permission for their new home, if it's to be sited in Edinburgh, they will not receive any handouts. I think they are in for a few nasty surprises before it's all played out.

I think the majority of us are pragmatic enough to accept there will be a Hertz in one form or another.

We'd just like to see them weakened enough to swallow the bitter pill of their impropriety

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    They will have to be very rich, and willing to lose an awful lot of money. Cant see it myself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I think they will need several multi-millionares to seize control of the club from Mr Romanov. They might also get an easy ride from CEC with regard to planning permission for their new home, if it's to be sited in Edinburgh, they will not receive any handouts. I think they are in for a few nasty surprises before it's all played out.
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    I think the majority of us are pragmatic enough to accept there will be a Hertz in one form or another.

We'd just like to see them weakened enough to swallow the bitter pill of their impropriety
    I don't think the rescue 'consortium' will be made up of the blind leading the blind. They will be shrewd businessmen who will probably take calculated risks and will choose the right moment to 'strike'. If what I believe will happen, does happen, the 'new' HOMFC will not be all that far removed from their present status. Don't get me wrong, I'm longing for a severe and embarrassing drop from grace like most of us but frankly don't see it ever coming.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Several multi millionaires could have bought Glasgow Rangers, a club twenty times the size of Hearts, for a fraction of Vlads price.

It took years to find a buyer - and a dodgy one at that.

If there people out there Daft enough to throw their money away on Hearts, it would have happened seven years ago.

It just will not happen.

First Team Breakthrough Mon_the_cabbage's Avatar
    Sounds like waffle to me.

So you know that someone has contacted a multi millionaire. (desperate folk do that all the time).

Who told you a "multi millionaire had been contacted?

What was the multi millionaire's response?

Why the secrecy?

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry Jim - just cannae see it! £50mil buy out and instant hit of £12mil to see the season through and, to top it ll off, either a new stadium or prop up an old decaying stadium at a further cost of between £10 - £35mil - aint gonna happen!

There is absolutely no one willing to pay near £100mil on a pile of smelly stuff! And, these millionaires ... would be better buying Hibs for a fraction of the cost and making money by financing us!

Quote Originally Posted by Mon_the_cabbage View Post
    Sounds like waffle to me.

So you know that someone has contacted a multi millionaire. (desperate folk do that all the time).

Who told you a "multi millionaire had been contacted?

What was the multi millionaire's response?

Why the secrecy?
    They sent Fatty Foulkes to beg the Sultan of Brunei.

I don't think the rescue 'consortium' will be made up of the blind leading the blind. They will be shrewd businessmen who will probably take calculated risks and will choose the right moment to 'strike'. If what I believe will happen, does happen, the 'new' HOMFC will not be all that far removed from their present status. Don't get me wrong, I'm longing for a severe and embarrassing drop from grace like most of us but frankly don't see it ever coming.
    If Vlad knows there are a"group" of super-wealthy potential investors he will have more reason to play hardball and hold out for his asking price. If they are daft enough to pay this price it destroys any reputation they have as shrewd business people. It might eventally transpire that Vlad reduces his asking price but I doubt this will happen anytime soon. Also, if the new owners have enough cash to buy the club they should have enough money to run them without any input from CEC.

First Team Breakthrough Mon_the_cabbage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    They sent Fatty Foulkes to beg the Sultan of Brunei.
    Ha, you got me!

So is it the Sultan or Pishy Foulkes that Jim44 kens?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon_the_cabbage View Post
    Ha, you got me!

So is it the Sultan or Pishy Foulkes that Jim44 kens?
    No fear, but someone considerably more wealthy and influential than that nonentity. Anyone who knows me on this board will confirm that I'm not one for blabbing about what I've heard or who I know. So I've said my piece and that's it.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    No fear, but someone considerably more wealthy and influential than that nonentity. Anyone who knows me on this board will confirm that I'm not one for blabbing about what I've heard or who I know. So I've said my piece and that's it.
    So why don't you tell who it is, instead of playing hard to get?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Is this a copy and paste from sickback. It sure reads like one.

Is it Brian Kennedy?!?!

@hibs.net private member
    There's little doubt the good old city of Edinburgh council will do all it can to preserve this sham of a club but as for a white knight/knights riding to the rescue wi' cheque book in hand, I doubt it.
    As the old saying goes: He who sups wi' the Devil should use a long spoon. Only snag for them is their entire canteen of cutlery has probably been sold.

Look, don't get me wrong, I'm the first one to enjoy the Jambos demise.
    Their policy of outbidding others for players they can't afford to pay has been cheating - buying results they can't afford.

But am I the only one who looks at this thread title <Will it start to sink in now>
    on a day when we are being widely touted (on national radio too) to be pumped out the cup by a 2nd div team
    <for the second season in a row>
    and as we endure the second January transfer window in a row looking to the transfer window for life support

…and I can't help but think the title could equally apply to our board and our fans?

I'm all for teams occasionally being taught a lesson (Ayr Utd, Ross County) IF the lessons are learned. But I can't see where they have been.

Will we be in the same boat next January???? And will I let it sink in then????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    So why don't you tell who it is, instead of playing hard to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Is this a copy and paste from sickback. It sure reads like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Is it Brian Kennedy?!?!
    I'm not playing hard to get and I'm certainly not getting involved in a question and answer debate. Most people will take what I've said as nonsense and that's cool. It might very well turn out to be just that. I've personally always suspected that there would be some serious salvage operation and what I heard just seemed to tie in. Meanwhile let's just enjoy their gross discomfort for the next few months.

I'm not playing hard to get and I'm certainly not getting involved in a question and answer debate. Most people will take what I've said as nonsense and that's cool. It might very well turn out to be just that. I've personally always suspected that there would be some serious salvage operation and what I heard just seemed to tie in. Meanwhile let's just enjoy their gross discomfort for the next few months.
    Lets hope its Tom Farmer and he opens the Wallace Mercer Tyres & Exhausts depot on the flattened site of the big pink bus shelter...

@hibs.net private member
    I have no doubt there will be a few folk wanting to take on Hearts but whether or not the neccessary set of circumstances combine to allow them to continue in their present form, more or less, and at Tynecastle remains to be seen.

Some of Scotlands wealthiest men are involved in football clubs but NONE of them have managed to make any money out of them, on the contrary. Recently the SPL has cost guys of the calibre of John Boyle, Calum Melville, David Murray, Tom Farmer and Stewart Milne a lot of money. You could add the late Eddie Thomson of Dundee United to the list.

Someone having a lot of money is one thing, being prepared to lose a substantial amount of it on a football club takes a different beast entirely.
    Last edited by Kaiser1962; 07-01-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    I have no doubt there will be a few folk wanting to take on Hearts but whether or not the neccessary set of circumstances combine to allow them to continue in their present form, more or less, and at Tynecastle remains to be seen.

Some of Scotlands wealthiest men are involved in football clubs but NONE of them have managed to make any money out of them, on the contrary. Recently the SPL has cost guys of the calibre of John Boyle, Calum Melville, David Murray, Tom Farmer and Stewart Milne a lot of money. You could add the late Eddie Thomson of Dundee United to the list.

Someone having a lot of money is one thing, being prepared to lose a substantial amount of it on a football club takes a different beast entirely.
    Agree with that.

What they would need to find is a very very wealthy jambo and I fairly sure that if such a beast existed we'd all know who he, they, was, were.

Anyone with a wish only to buy a Scottish club would probably go for any club ahead of them, with Hibs at the top of their wish list.

anyone wanting just to buy a football club would probably go for a Championship club, might even sneak a wee EPL club.

All these options are cheaper than taking on them with a probability of quicker success for the pounds pumped in.

Folk who have made the necessary millions are typically sensible and didn't make their millions by throwing their money around willy Willy. I can't see any sensible person seeing them as anything other than a huge money pit.
    Space to let

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah'm just a gadgie likesay, toap businessman, Fortune 500, Forbes Magazine ken, likes, stock exchange 'n aw that, ken, leveraged buy oot, personal fortune, ken, looks like a sound bloke tae me likesay. Debt forgiveness, ken?