Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    I'm getting beard of all these puns

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were doing well there.

Now you've just gone and ruined it!
    No more, I promise. I`m off to read what Scott Sideburns is tweeting on twitter.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Heard we are after canadian international Don Kiddick.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs
    Heard we are after canadian international Don Kiddick.
    Was wondering how long it was before it reared it's head again!! ;-)

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7413211/Sutton-to-leave-Hearts

"DAFC are trying to sign James McPake ahead of Hibs" <--- from Mark Benstead's Twitter account ( @markbenstead).
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy

"DAFC are trying to sign James McPake ahead of Hibs" <--- from Mark Benstead's Twitter account ( @markbenstead).
    We shall see. Think he would be a very good addition to our team.

Meant to say both Sutton and McPakw would make good additions.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Meant to say both Sutton and McPakw would make good additions.
    There is no way on this earth Hearts would loan a player to Hibs so Sutton is a nonstarter.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Never one to be overly negative about the Hibs, but if the names being bandied about are Hibs' masterplan to get us out of this mess, then I'm genuinely concerned about our SPL status. There is not one of them that doesn't scream out 'much the same standard as we've been signing for the last 5 years', and as such we really can't expect an upturn in performances.

Come on Hibs, this is your one chance to put things right, to excite the fans, to save the season, to put a product on the park to reverse the slide and get punters buying season tickets again for next season.

For God's sake, don't **** it up by repeating the same mistakes again and again and again.
    I agree, we need an inspired signing. One who will inspire the team, provide some skill and confidence and lead the team as well as inspire the fans to come back to ER.

That sort of signing is in the league of Sauzee. We do not have any leaders in the team and whilst i think the issues around full backs, midfielders and strikers are real and need to be tackled the leader on the park is probably the most pressing!

Of course the danger of bringing in a high profile player is that we disturb the balance, but that may not be a bad thing. Another problem could be that person may just end up being a wage thief who is just looking for pocket money.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    In all seriousness, when did we last have a good beardo who could strike fear into our opponents hearts?
    We could go for Brian Blessed, he meets most criteria I think, and he can't be that far of the required fitness standard, or the giant beardo that plays egg chasing for England - frightens me and probably as good a bet as most of the speculation I have been hearing.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_and_green View Post
    I agree, we need an inspired signing. One who will inspire the team, provide some skill and confidence and lead the team as well as inspire the fans to come back to ER.

That sort of signing is in the league of Sauzee. We do not have any leaders in the team and whilst i think the issues around full backs, midfielders and strikers are real and need to be tackled the leader on the park is probably the most pressing!

Of course the danger of bringing in a high profile player is that we disturb the balance, but that may not be a bad thing. Another problem could be that person may just end up being a wage thief who is just looking for pocket money.
    We are crying out for a creative midfielder , Eremenko who was at killie last season would certainly fit the bill but not sure where he went , but the guy was a class act .

ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    We are crying out for a creative midfielder , Eremenko who was at killie last season would certainly fit the bill but not sure where he went , but the guy was a class act
    Pretty sure I saw him play for Ruben Kazan in the Europa League against Spurs a few months back. He won't be coming anywhere near ER

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post

Theyll no doubt offer better wages/a better deal than Hibs...

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    There is no way on this earth Hearts would loan a player to Hibs so Sutton is a nonstarter.
    I read somewhere that Sutton has been told he can leave the PBS.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Pretty sure I saw him play for Ruben Kazan in the Europa League against Spurs a few months back. He won't be coming anywhere near ER
    Maybe getting the chance to play alongside Rivaldo would be enough to tempt him?

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    The thing is the club has to make an inspired signing and show some ambition along the lines of Sauzee, Best, Archibald etc. Make the club special again, push the boundaries and bring in the experienced talent.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    We are crying out for a creative midfielder , Eremenko who was at killie last season would certainly fit the bill but not sure where he went , but the guy was a class act .

ggtth

Crocked with a bad cruciate injury at the moment. He'll be out for a year.

The thing is the club has to make an inspired signing and show some ambition along the lines of Sauzee, Best, Archibald etc. Make the club special again, push the boundaries and bring in the experienced talent.
    Eremenko will be on 15k a week plus in Russia.

I agree we need a player to get fans excited but someone at a top Russian side who would cost a fee and a fortune in wages isn't going to happen.

I agree with all you have said but i wouldnae worry about disturbing the balance , we have none !.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Eremenko will be on 15k a week plus in Russia.

I agree we need a player to get fans excited but someone at a top Russian side who would cost a fee and a fortune in wages isn't going to happen.

It does make you wonder how Mixu managed to get him to play at Rugby Park for a year and what proportion of that kind of salary Killie would have been paying.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I read somewhere that Sutton has been told he can leave the PBS.
    Only on loan it has been reported on Sky sports. They may be wrong of course.

Testimonial Due
    I can't see the club pushing the boat out as it would go against the business model which they seem to adopt. Besides, expericed players and wanted players are not so easy to dig up. Probably a change is needed in approach by the club as we have slipped back into building debt again after 5 good of profit and in which at least in two years we saw some good football.
    I beg to wonder what the cost was for changing 9 managers in 10 years, if that is correct and I wonder how the team seems to last 60 minutes before capitualting..........For sure as a club we have done good things to get the infrastructure right but that as many point out has come at a high cost because the end product has steadily got worse and the football management can be questioned! I for one am not expecting big name players. The objective needs to be to steady the ship , stay up and be ready for next season.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Who do you suggest we get then?

Hibs, as with nearly all Scottish clubs, are in a position where they can barely match the wages of the lower leagues of England, let alone make a big signing, but if you make sensible signings, boys who are experienced in the SPL and are hungry to play, things can work (eg Dundee United). Rankin gets a hard time on here, and he wasnt great for us, but all of my United fans love him, say he does all the simple things and runs their midfield. People can argue all they like about him but hes clearly doing well at a much better team than Hibs.

What you dont want is what Hibs have been doing, signing absolute crap from random leagues in Europe, reserve players, boys that are past their best etc.

It does make you wonder how Mixu managed to get him to play at Rugby Park for a year and what proportion of that kind of salary Killie would have been paying.
    At the time he went to Killie he was far from a regualr at Metalist and had already been out on loan. The fact he had some kind of pre existing relationship with Mixu probably helped matters too.

I have no idea what Killie paid towards his wages bit Rubin Kazan have serious financial backing and when you look at how much Garry O'Connor was making in Russia its hard to see how Hibs could tempt Eremenko or a similar player.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I'll give you Sauzee but George Best? Special as it was (and I loved it at the time) we were relegated that season regardless.

At the time he went to Killie he was far from a regualr at Metalist and had already been out on loan. The fact he had some kind of pre existing relationship with Mixu probably helped matters too.

I have no idea what Killie paid towards his wages bit Rubin Kazan have serious financial backing and when you look at how much Garry O'Connor was making in Russia its hard to see how Hibs could tempt Eremenko or a similar player.
    He's definitely out of our 'league' now.

Just wondering how his Killie sabbatical was funded and whether he would ever have been in our financial league, even in previous seasons.

He's definitely out of our 'league' now.

Just wondering how his Killie sabbatical was funded and whether he would ever have been in our financial league, even in previous seasons.
    There was certainly rumour that Mixu asked Hibs to fund a move somewhere in the region of 3-400K for him and this was turned down by the board. Whether this is true or not I have no idea.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Nothing i heard.

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    Theyll no doubt offer better wages/a better deal than Hibs...
    And you know this based on what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    People keep saying we should be looking around the lower reaches of England, top of Ireland and possibly Scottish Leagues for potential.

With the exception of Deek and John Rankine who have we signed from the SPL over the last few years. I believe we need some experienced players who have developed at other SPL clubs and would see Hibs as a step up to form a core of the side and add existing/new signings to this.
    looking a long way back, I think that's what built Turbull's team, however things are a bit different now re-agents forcing the issue to get their 10% and bringing players in from anywhere. I dont think any Scottish team manager sits down and says, right: I'm gonna bring in six good quality players from opposing teams, and build a good side for my club, and at the same time demoralise the opposition