Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3758
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do I need a source for my own opinion??
    Yes, give me it now or prepare to have it discovered by force

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ah Hibs.net, where Maybury being on trial was greeted with wails of derision, but now said player going somewhere else is a disaster.

I bet Dundee might well have been willing to pay him more, because they will see him as a starter and we'd see him as a back up. This does not mean we cannot afford to pay him more if we had wanted to.

Probably wasting my time bringing logic into this, within a few pages we will no doubt have it as FACT that we've missed out the SPL's Paolo Maldini for the sake of £50 Petrie would rather spend on moustache wax...

Chance would be a fine thing......B
    Oh ye of little faith......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Ah Hibs.net, where Maybury being on trial was greeted with wails of derision, but now said player going somewhere else is a disaster.

I bet Dundee might well have been willing to pay him more, because they will see him as a starter and we'd see him as a back up. This does not mean we cannot afford to pay him more if we had wanted to.

Probably wasting my time bringing logic into this, within a few pages we will no doubt have it as FACT that we've missed out the SPL's Paolo Maldini for the sake of £50 Petrie would rather spend on moustache wax...
    Indeed, a number getting their knickers in a twist over nothing much......

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    Yes, give me it now or prepare to have it discovered by force
    Ok the source is me as its my opinion ;)
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Oh ye of little faith......
    Yes B my glass is always half empty, it's the Hibs way :)

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The disaster is, again we have effed up our pre season! No settled team, and the possibility of players coming in at the last moment! If it wasn't so tragic it would be hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    The disaster is, again we have effed up our pre season! No settled team, and the possibility of players coming in at the last moment! If it wasn't so tragic it would be hilarious!
    We played the same starting 11 against Union Berlin and Huddersfield, which was a huge indication as to PF's thinking. Maybe after the Let's Work Together calls, more have renewed, allowing us to bring in other's? The window is open until the end of August, let's not press the panic button just yet.....

Have just got in so haven't read all todays posts.
    Heard at lunchtime , allbeit from a local 'journo' , that Maybury is asking for guarantees of a first team starting place which PF ( naturally) isn't prepared to give

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    My personal call to Fenlon to preserve all transfer business to the last day of the window is bearing fruit. Gear yourselves up for August 31st lads.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    My personal call to Fenlon to preserve all transfer business to the last day of the window is bearing fruit. Gear yourselves up for August 31st lads.
    The routine must be kept otherwise the moaners will be unable to moan

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Heard at lunchtime , allbeit from a local 'journo' , that Maybury is asking for guarantees of a first team starting place which PF ( naturally) isn't prepared to give
    Fair enough, I did not think he would be a starter every week, so can understand PF's stance....

Fair enough, I did not think he would be a starter every week, so can understand PF's stance....
    Nobody should be guaranteed a starting place, it creates a bit of healthy competition in the squad

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We played the same starting 11 against Union Berlin and Huddersfield, which was a huge indication as to PF's thinking. Maybe after the Let's Work Together calls, more have renewed, allowing us to bring in other's? The window is open until the end of August, let's not press the panic button just yet.....
    I'm not panicking, it's just, after last years pre-season debacle... I hoped, we would have at least, got a settled side together to move forward with. Although I do understand the ambiguity caused by Rangers/Sky funding, I still hoped we would have learned some lessons.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 02-08-2012 at 04:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    That seems a very strange and totally unrealistic demand for any player to make.

All players have their ups and downs during the course of a season so surely a player can't demand to be picked even when they're suffering from a loss of form?

Nobody should be guaranteed a starting place, it creates a bit of healthy competition in the squad
    Williams and McPake, will be two on the teamsheet each week barring injury or suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn

Williams and McPake, will be two on the teamsheet each week barring injury or suspension
    Baldy. You can add Griffiths to that pair for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I'm not panicing, it's just, after last years pre-season debacle... I hoped, we would have at least, got a settled side together to move forward with. Although I do understand the ambiguity caused by Raangers/Sky funding, I still hoped we would have learned some lessons.
    Fair do's

Yes but don't tell anyone ;)

Yes but don't tell anyone ;)
    I can keep a secret ..............

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Baldy. You can add Griffiths to that pair for me as well.
    Indeed......

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    My only concern is whos partnering Mcpake

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    My only concern is whos partnering Mcpake
    Stephens is OK, if he can maintain his concentration throughout the game......I think McPake will really help Stephens and will bring him on....Thats my hope anyway

Stephens is OK, if he can maintain his concentration throughout the game......I think McPake will really help Stephens and will bring him on....Thats my hope anyway
    I agree with this

With 7000 ST in place before the phone round, which is the third biggest ST sales in the SPL, we should have been able to put a squad together before the season kicks off. A very valiant effort by all the people on the phones and with all due respect, how many more ST were they realistically expecting to sell? Its not really good enough for a club like Hibs to have the bare bones of the crap we had last year to start the new season. I don't get this August 31 thing anyway, the season starts on Sunday. Just as well the 7000 early renewars didn't do the same and leave it until then.

I dont believe there are no players out there that could improve our team for the money we are offering. The bottom line is they have not been identified. For a close season rebuild, it is very disappointing.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Mine to i like Stephens just hope he can handle any mistakes being so young

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I hope so too. At Vlissingen it was easy to hear him in Stephens' ear during the 2nd Half, encouraging him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    With 7000 ST in place before the phone round, which is the third biggest ST sales in the SPL, we should have been able to put a squad together before the season kicks off. A very valiant effort by all the people on the phones and with all due respect, how many more ST were they realistically expecting to sell? Its not really good enough for a club like Hibs to have the bare bones of the crap we had last year to start the new season. I don't get this August 31 thing anyway, the season starts on Sunday. Just as well the 7000 early renewars didn't do the same and leave it until then.

I dont believe there are no players out there that could improve our team for the money we are offering. The bottom line is they have not been identified. For a close season rebuild, it is very disappointing.
    You surely can't be surprised!!

It has been exactly the same every year since Rod took over

Coaching Staff

For the long haul I'm to happy to get the right ones that want to be here. I'm sure we could sign all manner of players which is just what we've done in the past. Pat has shown at previous jobs he won't be rushed for the sake of it.

Got to say thats the way its starting to look.

The only actual new signings we have made are Cairney, Williams and Clancy.

Everybody else at ER was here for the 2nd half of the season and the cup final and the truth is that they struggled against just about every team they played ... the 3 new guys are not IMO going to change that situation a great deal, though I did like what I saw of Cairney against Huddersfield, Williams looked solid enough and Clancy looks at least as good as anybody else we have had at RB recently.

Forgetting the forward position we desperately desperately needed to strengthen the midfield and up to now not only have we not done that, we havn't even looked like we are thinking about it .. our targets ( not that Hibs ever say who they are after ) seem to be defenders and forwards .. or at least thats what PF seems to be thinking about.

We should be busting a gut to vastly improve our midfield and its not happening.