hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: how long untill were in the top 6 again ?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • this season

16 16.00%
  • 2013 / 14 ?

32 32.00%
  • 14 / 15 ?

33 33.00%
  • 15/ 16 ?

19 19.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol

How long will the rebuilding take until were in the top 6 ?

I believe that the rot has stopped and that now the foundations are being put into place for the rebuilding of the team. With the signings of mcpake, williams, clancy, griffiths and future signings. For our current situation of a 10th and then a 11th placed finish these signings are great as williams had offers from the championship probably as a number 2 but on better cash, clancy could have stayed with the team that will challenge for 2nd place in motherwell and leigh is still a good striker.

This season I believe the team will battle for a 8th or 7th placed finish with further improvements to break into the top 6 the next season.

But how long do you think it will be until were back up in the top 6 and do you agree with anything ive said ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Scrape top 6 this season if we manage a body or two in before the window 'scams shut' and we make a clever signing or two in January. I think it won't be til next season before we look like a comfortable top 6 side.

Hopefully we give Pat the time to rebuild properly in a way that establishes us as top 6 at worst, on a sustainable basis.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Think this season will be mid table at best only because of the crap that is still there from last season, he was never going to be able to get a full new squad no matter what we wanted. Hopefully get rid of the rest between now and end of season with a couple coming in in january then another 5 or 6 in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe that the rot has stopped and that now the foundations are being put into place for the rebuilding of the team. With the signings of mcpake, williams, clancy, griffiths and future signings. For our current situation of a 10th and then a 11th placed finish these signings are great as williams had offers from the championship probably as a number 2 but on better cash, clancy could have stayed with the team that will challenge for 2nd place in motherwell and leigh is still a good striker.

This season I believe the team will battle for a 8th or 7th placed finish with further improvements to break into the top 6 the next season.

But how long do you think it will be until were back up in the top 6 and do you agree with anything ive said ?
    Its a tricky one the jury is still out on Paddy for me and we still have the Dark Shadow of Petrie over our club however the new signings are an improvement on the dross that was there before.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Scrape top 6 this season if we manage a body or two in before the window 'scams shut' and we make a clever signing or two in January. I think it won't be til next season before we look like a comfortable top 6 side.

Hopefully we give Pat the time to rebuild properly in a way that establishes us as top 6 at worst, on a sustainable basis.
    I would take that, If we get a target-man, playmaker and a left mid in then i think we could scrape a top 6 witch would be a huge improvement on the last few seasons.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Famous5forever View Post
    Its a tricky one the jury is still out on Paddy for me and we still have the Dark Shadow of Petrie over our club however the new signings are an improvement on the dross that was there before.
    You do realise that Petrie actually has very little to do with the day to day stuff at Hibs these days?

You do realise that Petrie actually has very little to do with the day to day stuff at Hibs these days?
    TBO No i never i thought he was holding/controling the purse strings.

Rebuilding has been a continual factor for too long.....Time as you say, that foundations are now installed....Who knows how far away we are from being decent and achieving decent finishes, because on Sunday we looked a million miles away from being a decent side....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

I trust rod, I believe the issue has been gaffers that have been brought in. Mixu was a solid gaffer but we still had grand illusions that we could do much better. hughes plans failed when his stikers goals dried up and stokes left, Calderwood should have on paper been a great gaffer but was the worst of the lot. Paddy seems to have vision and the aggression that previous managers were missing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

TBO No i never i thought he was holding/controling the purse strings.
    It's just that you go on and on about him and it appears that while you're obviously very passionate about Hibs, your thoughts on things seem to be based on a total myth.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lindsay may be doing the leg work but you can bet it'll be being done by Petrie's agenda.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Rebuilding has been a continual factor for too long.....Time as you say, that foundations are now installed....Who knows how far away we are from being decent and achieving decent finishes, because on Sunday we looked a million miles away from being a decent side....
    The team is still missing two or three key pieces that was the issue on Sunday, we could not keep the ball due to us missing a target man and a playmaker. When we were pegged back we could not lump it up the park to a daly type to hold the ball up and we missed a boozy type to knock the ball around the park for those 5 yard passes to those 20 + passes to the wide players so we dictated the tempo of the game.

It's just that you go on and on about him and it appears that while you're obviously very passionate about Hibs, your thoughts on things seem to be based on a total myth.
    Cheers for the Info i can back down on that one now i guess you kinda need someone to blame when things go wrong now i feel even worse as cant blame Petrie for the mess.

Coaching Staff

Probably about right although I'm sensing already that there's little grasp of the task at hand and Pat has been judged on what he's been left with.

The team is still missing two or three key pieces that was the issue on Sunday, we could not keep the ball due to us missing a target man and a playmaker. When we were pegged back we could not lump it up the park to a daly type to hold the ball up and we missed a boozy type to knock the ball around the park for those 5 yard passes to those 20 + passes to the wide players so we dictated the tempo of the game.
    I would say we need more than two or three missing key pieces.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    We are not going to get the money to buy the quality that we need. That is going to have to come from the youth set ups. Think we are looking at three seasons maybe.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    We are not going to get the money to buy the quality that we need. That is going to have to come from the youth set ups. Think we are looking at three seasons maybe.
    no-one in scotland is spending money and we pay the 4th highest wages in scotland. But coming to a team that is struggling and fighting relegation is not a attractive situation to come to. But bring in a solid core and creating a competitive squad will bring the right players in again.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    With the current team , I personally think we are miles away from the top six. However the good news is this league apart from Celtic has short termism attached to it . A few good purchases and a couple of decent youngsters and at least for the next three years second place is attainable . Nutsy though has to address our biggest failing - we are pushovers . Our midfield neither creates nor destroys , hopefully Deegan can start changing that situation .

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Lindsay may be doing the leg work but you can bet it'll be being done by Petrie's agenda.
    Dishing out instructions from his volcanic lair. Mwaaah-haaa-haaa style.

I'd hope we're back in the top 6 within the next 2 to 3 years.

I'd hope we might beat Hearts again before then though.
    Last edited by Cropley10; 08-08-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Dishing out instructions from his volcanic lair. Mwaaah-haaa-haaa style.
    The instructions will already be there. If you think the club will be run any way other than the Petrie way as long as he is still involved you're kidding yersel on.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Think this season will be mid table at best only because of the crap that is still there from last season, he was never going to be able to get a full new squad no matter what we wanted. Hopefully get rid of the rest between now and end of season with a couple coming in in january then another 5 or 6 in the summer
    Mid-table at best? Staying up is the target surely?

Don't worry, we're just going through a transitional period.

It's been in progress for about 5 years now and no-one can possibly argue that we've transitioned...

...from quite decent to total sh*te.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Mid-table at best? Staying up is the target surely?
    I would hope we can set our sights a bit higher than just staying up but that will depend on who else is brought in. Im quite impressed with what we have signed so far the problem is it's not enough and its disappointing that we've not been able to get more players in before now

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    We need a ch , 2 midfielders and a striker , then we will cruise into the top half

ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    We need a ch , 2 midfielders and a striker , then we will cruise into the top half

ggtth
    What about winning a Derby?

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Defo won't be anywhere near top six this season (unless we sign 3,4,5 quality players). We only have Griffiths who scores goals, midfield has little / no creativity plus there all midgets, we don't have any decent wingers plus no target man upfront, we still don't have a decent left back / comanding 6'3 centrehalf (Mind u happy wi McPake and Hanlon partnership). We might finish top six next season in the first division. Hopefully not hail hail

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    What about winning a Derby?

When was the last one.

I voted next season (2013/14).

In terms of SPL finishes over the next four sesaons, my guess would be:

2012/13 8th
    2013/14 6th
    2014/15 5th
    2015/16 6th

I realise that for some on here this forecast will place me in that vast category within the Hibs support otherwise known as The Hopeless Optimists.

Expectations such as the above are killing our club. [Allegedly]

I would hope that after the January window that we will have a top 6 team/squad. It might be too late to scrape top 6 this season, but nailed on for next.