hibs.net Messageboard

Page 73 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 3758
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wise up. There is no money. If we are very lucky there will be two more "average" signings. Like most teams Youth will play a huge part this season. The fans need to get used to teh idea of younger players coming in and getting a run in the team. I'd expect 1 striker and one more "utility" player to join.
    No keeper then?

If we don't bring in at least a keeper, a solid midfielder and two strikers then forget about this season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I can see them starting the season with one of the young lads in goal. Same goes upfront. Scottish football is going to change massively over the next couple fo seasons.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar

Coaching Staff
    I can see them starting the season with one of the young lads in goal. Same goes upfront. Scottish football is going to change massively over the next couple fo seasons.
    I can't. A keeper is a stated priority and we've been linked with a few already.

Brown also has an offer and if he thinks he can get better than fine but if not he will also be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian88 View Post
    Yeah, because all the players Fenlon brought in in January were a huge success weren't they... I don't think we even reached a better points average than Calderwood did last season...

We can't keep getting English league 1 players just in case they can do a job...

This is the level of players we should be looking at...

GK;
    -Pernis
    -Kello

DEF;
    -Micholik
    -McManus
    -O'Dea

MID;
    -McCourt/Riga
    -Eremenko (not getting a game according to wiki)
    -HAYES (I know he's joint Aberdeen but just mentioned him as Fenlon was an idiot for not getting him on a free)
    -Alan Smith (If he is in a fit condition)

FOR;
    -Shiels
    -Griffiths
    -Sandaza
    You do realise how much the likes of Eremenko, Kello and Smith would be looking for in wages?

Some folk really need to look at the financial outlook for Scottish football and then get real.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Wise up. There is no money. If we are very lucky there will be two more "average" signings. Like most teams Youth will play a huge part this season. The fans need to get used to teh idea of younger players coming in and getting a run in the team. I'd expect 1 striker and one more "utility" player to join.
    The laws of supply and demand will kick into the transfer market. I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of footballers out there who are without a club because of budget restraints in the current climate.

Beggars can't be choosers and I think that players will become available at sensible prices as the season approaches.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    You do realise how much the likes of Eremenko, Kello and Smith would be looking for in wages?

Some folk really need to look at the financial outlook for Scottish football and then get real.

Surely the last 6 months shows us that Scottish football badly needed a reality check and all clubs should be grabbing this opportunity to get their houses in order.

Thankfully Hibs have already been through this so hopefully we will be better placed to deal with it but the fans have to get realistic on what we can afford.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

The board need to give a bit aswell, they cant expect the fans to keep paying up front for ST's to watch the same old crap we have endured the past two seasons.

With no money kicking about it might turn out that our crap is just a little bit less crap than most others crap!

In all honesty, I don't think any team strengthened. Only got worse. United, Hearts and Aberdeen have all lost good players. St johnstone, inverness, st mirren too.

However we are really crap so I think nearly any signing would be strengthening. It really is time to start bringing through rakes of young players and just let them get on with it.

Sandaza is a free agent we should be looking at though. Same goes for shiels, we don't need another defender yet, a winger, a keeper, a striker and I'll be happy.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    Sandaza is a free agent we should be looking at though. Same goes for shiels, we don't need another defender yet, a winger, a keeper, a striker and I'll be happy.
    The problem with Shiels is that we already have a player who seems to be very similar to him in Cairney. Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign Deano if we could however with our restricted budget this season I think we should look to strengthen other areas first.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    The problem with Shiels is that we already have a player who seems to be very similar to him in Cairney. Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign Deano if we could however with our restricted budget this season I think we should look to strengthen other areas first.
    good point I keep forgeting cairney, a striker, winger, and keeper then!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    good point I keep forgeting cairney, a striker, winger, and keeper then!
    I don't get why alot of people think bringing in 1 striker will be enough. We've lost O'Connor, Griffiths and O'Donovan since the end of the season. We should be bringing in minimum 2 new strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I don't get why alot of people think bringing in 1 striker will be enough. We've lost O'Connor, Griffiths and O'Donovan since the end of the season. We should be bringing in minimum 2 new strikers.
    This. Its alright fenlon saying it is a big season for doyle but he rarely played between january and the end of the season. We definately need about 6 more players - 2x strikers/2 midfielders/ 1 defender/goalkeeper

Just noticed the post earlier mentioned Alan smith, he's signed for mk dons.

It isn't enough, we just won't get 2 more in.

the mustapha riga rumour has been put up the last 4 or 5 transfer windows on that site, infact its mostly yams posting on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995

It isn't enough, we just won't get 2 more in.
    Aye we will. I expect a GK, 2 x CF, 1 x MF 1 x winger a another CH

That is the bare minimum IMHO

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    The only other areas which come as a priority are Goalkeeper and Striker. At this point we only have inexperienced players in these key positions.

The problem with Cairney is he is untried at this level and if he got injured we have absolutely no-one else who could do his job. We have a number of midfielders and maybe getting rid of one or two might free up budget.

The desperation of players is shown in that experienced SPL guys like Maybury and Kerr are willing to undergo a trial and Hibs do not appear to be upping their offer to Brown. The clubs will hopefully be able to drive a hard bargain whilst getting a decent squad together. Afraid patience will be the key. The days of players holding clubs to ransom appear to be over for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Aye we will. I expect a GK, 2 x CF, 1 x MF 1 x winger a another CH

That is the bare minimum IMHO
    I'd be beyond delighted with that amount of players coming in. I just don't see hibs being able to do it.

Can I ask how this thread has taken over from the other rumours one?
    Last edited by S4uzee; 10-07-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995

I'd be beyond delighted with that amount of players coming in. I just don't see hibs being able to do it.
    I am being optimistic and uncle Rodders has opened the biscuit tin. PF has been at it non stop I believe so hopefully a few in this week.

I really do expect Another 6 in

Got a feeling we will see a lot more of Caldwell and Handling in and around the matchday sqaud this year.

Both exciting prospects but agree we need a couple of strikers ready to go in the 1st team as its unfair to put such a pressure on 2 young lads.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I am being optimistic and uncle Rodders has opened the biscuit tin. PF has been at it non stop I believe so hopefully a few in this week.

I really do expect Another 6 in
    I did, but PF seems to downplaying the whole numbers game at this moment and is talking about one striker and one goalkeeper.

Perhaps he is just being a bit coy but I'd expected a couple more by now and some more after that to follow.

I'm prepared for this team to be built over time but after losing 12 players I think we need more than just 4 or 5 in.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    The only other areas which come as a priority are Goalkeeper and Striker. At this point we only have inexperienced players in these key positions.

The problem with Cairney is he is untried at this level and if he got injured we have absolutely no-one else who could do his job. We have a number of midfielders and maybe getting rid of one or two might free up budget.

The desperation of players is shown in that experienced SPL guys like Maybury and Kerr are willing to undergo a trial and Hibs do not appear to be upping their offer to Brown. The clubs will hopefully be able to drive a hard bargain whilst getting a decent squad together. Afraid patience will be the key. The days of players holding clubs to ransom appear to be over for the time being.
    Cairney may be untried but if Fenlon is signing him then he has to have faith in him to perform. If he gets injured we may have to settle with two flat central midfielders instead of one in the attacking role. Even Osbourne could maybe push forward slightly.

I think we need to be worrying about getting 2 strikers, 2 keepers, a left back or a left mid depending on Booth's position then a right mid. If we had all those then I think we should start searching for attacking midfielders.

Totally agree with the bottom statement. All teams will be weaker this season IMO.

Coaching Staff
    Got a feeling we will see a lot more of Caldwell and Handling in and around the matchday sqaud this year.

Both exciting prospects but agree we need a couple of strikers ready to go in the 1st team as its unfair to put such a pressure on 2 young lads.
    Totally agree - both are ready and I can't for the life of me think why PF is considering a season long loan for DH. Saying that PB, I thought Scott Smith was ready last season too (for the left back berth).

Very very understandable that our perilous position last season meant lack of opportunities for both Ross and Danny. But I'd be looking at one of them to be a fixture in our starting strike partnership with Doyle. Caldwell has more braun and power about him so it looks like it's him that is stepping up to the plate. If we could pinch a John Sutton type I'd be even happier.

I really rate Eoin Doyle and think he was very very unlucky to not have started the Cup Final. You can see he has game awareness and intelligence. Stays onside, reads the line, very very good close control and runs channels when required. Peels away from markers well too. I hope PF picks him and keeps him there - he'll rattle in the goals next season I think.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    So would I but if reports are correct and Coventry are in talks then they'll be able to offer him much higher wages than us

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Totally agree - both are ready and I can't for the life of me think why PF is considering a season long loan for DH. Saying that PB, I thought Scott Smith was ready last season too (for the left back berth).

Very very understandable that our perilous position last season meant lack of opportunities for both Ross and Danny. But I'd be looking at one of them to be a fixture in our starting strike partnership with Doyle. Caldwell has more braun and power about him so it looks like it's him that is stepping up to the plate. If we could pinch a John Sutton type I'd be even happier.

I really rate Eoin Doyle and think he was very very unlucky to not have started the Cup Final. You can see he has game awareness and intelligence. Stays onside, reads the line, very very good close control and runs channels when required. Peels away from markers well too. I hope PF picks him and keeps him there - he'll rattle in the goals next season I think.
    I don't! I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Handling bound for Cowdenbeath for a season on loan was my info a few weeks back.

However never seen it confirmed so I might be wrong.