hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 126 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 3758
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    483

    Hibs transfer rumours

    http://www.hibsrumours.co.uk/

    Mustapha Riga ex Bolton. Hmm

    Been mustapha regal lately watching hibs

  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,600
    Gary Twigg aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love you Steve.

  4. #3
    Promising Youngster Cletus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    81
    Farad el alagui. Falkirk after 100k.
    Stephen Hughes.
    Jamie murphy, well after 400k plus add ons

  5. #4
    First Team Breakthrough Sergeant Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    138
    I actually heard from my work mate that we were looking at an ex Bolton winger and he was on trial not sure if its ball locks or not though

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member hibsboy90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sheepville
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Farad el alagui. Falkirk after 100k.
    Stephen Hughes.
    Jamie murphy, well after 400k plus add ons
    Would get me excited!



  7. #6
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    442
    Dougie Imrie + Nicky Riley ?

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,600
    Quote Originally Posted by SC07TY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.hibsrumours.co.uk/

    Mustapha Riga ex Bolton. Hmm

    Been mustapha regal lately watching hibs
    On wikipedia

    On 28th September 2011 he played as a trialist, along with QPR's Lee Cook for Nottingham Forest's reserve team Expecting to sign for Hibernian FC of Edinburgh during the January transfer window.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love you Steve.

  9. #8
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    27,597
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Never one to be overly negative about the Hibs, but if the names being bandied about are Hibs' masterplan to get us out of this mess, then I'm genuinely concerned about our SPL status. There is not one of them that doesn't scream out 'much the same standard as we've been signing for the last 5 years', and as such we really can't expect an upturn in performances.

    Come on Hibs, this is your one chance to put things right, to excite the fans, to save the season, to put a product on the park to reverse the slide and get punters buying season tickets again for next season.

    For God's sake, don't **** it up by repeating the same mistakes again and again and again.
    WE ARE HIBERNIAN F.C. ...

  10. #9
    Testimonial Due DAVE1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ellon
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1,316
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never one to be overly negative about the Hibs, but if the names being bandied about are Hibs' masterplan to get us out of this mess, then I'm genuinely concerned about our SPL status. There is not one of them that doesn't scream out 'much the same standard as we've been signing for the last 5 years', and as such we really can't expect an upturn in performances.

    Come on Hibs, this is your one chance to put things right, to excite the fans, to save the season, to put a product on the park to reverse the slide and get punters buying season tickets again for next season.

    For God's sake, don't **** it up by repeating the same mistakes again and again and again.
    That's the thing about football though mate; You could have a player who isn't highly rated in the championship or league 1/2 come to the SPL and become and instant hit. Or, with the case of Kris Boyd for example, a player he scores for fun in the SPL move to the Championship and basically turns into Fernando Torres or Andy Carroll.

    I say give them a chance to see what they can do, if it turns out we've made a mistake I sure hope Hibs learn from it

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Farad el alagui. Falkirk after 100k.
    Stephen Hughes.
    Jamie murphy, well after 400k plus add ons
    Murphy absolutely no chance in hell that will happen. Worth double that and some.

    Let's get real here . Yes it's good to hope

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    1,124
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murphy absolutely no chance in hell that will happen. Worth double that and some.

    Let's get real here . Yes it's good to hope
    Also just about to break into the scotland team why would he scupper his chances by coming to hibs

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member HFCDaveA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,291
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the thing about football though mate; You could have a player who isn't highly rated in the championship or league 1/2 come to the SPL and become and instant hit. Or, with the case of Kris Boyd for example, a player he scores for fun in the SPL move to the Championship and basically turns into Fernando Torres or Andy Carroll.

    I say give them a chance to see what they can do, if it turns out we've made a mistake I sure hope Hibs learn from it
    Hibs have been making the mistake for a good few seasons now and they are not working out. Hibs have been relegated in recent times and should have learned from it then. With the possibility of relegation being so real, Hibs cant 'hope for the best' with some of these players. You are right that in football some things dont turn out right, but would you say there is more chance of a lower league player in England not making it at hibs or a player that comes with pedigree and experience? I would say that for every 10 players we buy from the lower leagues about only 1 really make it, the rest get moved on quick. When you look over the seasons at when Hibs have spent money to get players or when they sign someone with pedigree it normally works out.

    This is not a time to be taking chances on players that may be alright in the SPL, this is the time that we take chances on players that will more than likely play well in this league.

  14. #13
    Coaching Staff BEEJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never one to be overly negative about the Hibs, but if the names being bandied about are Hibs' masterplan to get us out of this mess, then I'm genuinely concerned about our SPL status. There is not one of them that doesn't scream out 'much the same standard as we've been signing for the last 5 years', and as such we really can't expect an upturn in performances.

    Come on Hibs, this is your one chance to put things right, to excite the fans, to save the season, to put a product on the park to reverse the slide and get punters buying season tickets again for next season.

    For God's sake, don't **** it up by repeating the same mistakes again and again and again.


    I'm hoping that the identities of our actual signing targets in this window are being kept hidden () from the attentions of the media and that we'll be pleasantly surprised.

  15. #14
    Yam-dabby-dozy Beefster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    11,397
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Hannibal73
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never one to be overly negative about the Hibs, but if the names being bandied about are Hibs' masterplan to get us out of this mess, then I'm genuinely concerned about our SPL status. There is not one of them that doesn't scream out 'much the same standard as we've been signing for the last 5 years', and as such we really can't expect an upturn in performances.

    Come on Hibs, this is your one chance to put things right, to excite the fans, to save the season, to put a product on the park to reverse the slide and get punters buying season tickets again for next season.

    For God's sake, don't **** it up by repeating the same mistakes again and again and again.
    I'm not sure why you suddenly expect things to change, Matty.

    We were at danger of relegation last January and while we signed a few players, it was loans and 6-18 month contracts in the main. We needed drastic surgery in the summer and it was loans and short-term contracts again.

    There was lots of chat about how we needed an inspirational new manager to unite the fans. When Fenlon was first mentioned, we responded with a collective 'meh'. He may turn out to be the right appointment but it's debatable whether he's inspirational.

    There isn't the will or the ability within the Board to change the way that the club operates IMHO.

  16. #15
    First Team Breakthrough leithsansiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lurking in Petrie's wallet
    Posts
    372
    This site is total rubbish. It was split half and half between those who believed that Hibs were about to be bought over by Red Bull, yet it was classed as "unbelievable" that Towell was leaving
    Last edited by leithsansiro; 05-01-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Cannae spell

  17. #16
    Yam-dabby-dozy Beefster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    11,397
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Hannibal73
    Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This site is total rubbish. It was split half and half between those who believed that Hibs were about to be bought over by Red Bull, yet it was classed as "unbelievable" that Towell was leaving
    I think H&M is rubbish so I just don't go there.

  18. #17
    As a team we are riddled with below average players and it would be the utmost folly to take chances with players that are not at least of SPL quality. We are in the last chance saloon and the next month will show the level of ambition of the board, get it wrong and we will be in the SFL for years make no mistake. My bet is they will go for lower league players as the board have shown in the past this is where value can be had but this is not the time to gamble .

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Cropley10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Side, Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,235
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs have been making the mistake for a good few seasons now and they are not working out. Hibs have been relegated in recent times and should have learned from it then. With the possibility of relegation being so real, Hibs cant 'hope for the best' with some of these players. You are right that in football some things dont turn out right, but would you say there is more chance of a lower league player in England not making it at hibs or a player that comes with pedigree and experience? I would say that for every 10 players we buy from the lower leagues about only 1 really make it, the rest get moved on quick. When you look over the seasons at when Hibs have spent money to get players or when they sign someone with pedigree it normally works out.

    This is not a time to be taking chances on players that may be alright in the SPL, this is the time that we take chances on players that will morel than likely play well in this league.
    It's nowhere near 1 in 10 players who make it at Hibs. Stokes was the last player who 'made it'.

    The rest come, play or don't play, then drift off in to even lower reaches of football.

    It's ever decreasing circles in terms of recruitment and has been since Stokes.

  20. #19
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This site is total rubbish. It was split half and half between those who believed that Hibs were about to be bought over by Red Bull, yet it was classed as "unbelievable" that Towell was leaving
    Think youll find that only OP believed it.

    If you dont like .net.....You know what todo!

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think youll find that only OP believed it.

    If you dont like .net.....You know what todo!
    Pretty sure he's talking about the 'rumours' site

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,987
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I would love us to sign this Mustapha Riga chap. Check out a few youtube videos of him, the guy looks outstanding! Brilliant skill, control and finishing. Doubt we'd be able to get a guy of this kind of quality but he could be a potential hero if we did..


  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,771
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never one to be overly negative about the Hibs, but if the names being bandied about are Hibs' masterplan to get us out of this mess, then I'm genuinely concerned about our SPL status. There is not one of them that doesn't scream out 'much the same standard as we've been signing for the last 5 years', and as such we really can't expect an upturn in performances.

    Come on Hibs, this is your one chance to put things right, to excite the fans, to save the season, to put a product on the park to reverse the slide and get punters buying season tickets again for next season.

    For God's sake, don't **** it up by repeating the same mistakes again and again and again.
    Winning will excite the fans, and to do that we need the players the manager wants, not some name that will spike interest in the short term, but do nothing for us if they aren't the right player.

    I couldn't care less who the players are, where they've come from or how good their websites are... As long as they win!

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member Cropley10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Side, Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,235
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Winning will excite the fans, and to do that we need the players the manager wants, not some name that will spike interest in the short term, but do nothing for us if they aren't the right player.

    I couldn't care less who the players are, where they've come from or how good their websites are... As long as they win!
    Who was the last player we signed who did just that?

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Livingston/Edinburgh
    Age
    39
    Posts
    16,634
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who was the last player we signed who did just that?
    It's a team that wins and we need to let him put together a team. Who the individuals are I don't care.

  26. #25
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    27,597
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Winning will excite the fans, and to do that we need the players the manager wants, not some name that will spike interest in the short term, but do nothing for us if they aren't the right player.

    I couldn't care less who the players are, where they've come from or how good their websites are... As long as they win!
    In an ideal world I'd agree with you Scott, but can you honestly say that our signing policy has been anywhere close to a success over the last few years? It's been seriously flawed and it's left us with a number of sub-standard players, and players who we've had to release and replace over and over.

    It's a false economy - rather than continually spending a decent amount on average players, we should spend a bit more on players we can either keep on at the club for a few years, or sell to be able to re-invest.
    WE ARE HIBERNIAN F.C. ...

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,206
    People keep saying we should be looking around the lower reaches of England, top of Ireland and possibly Scottish Leagues for potential.

    With the exception of Deek and John Rankine who have we signed from the SPL over the last few years. I believe we need some experienced players who have developed at other SPL clubs and would see Hibs as a step up to form a core of the side and add existing/new signings to this.

  28. #27
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People keep saying we should be looking around the lower reaches of England, top of Ireland and possibly Scottish Leagues for potential.

    With the exception of Deek and John Rankine who have we signed from the SPL over the last few years. I believe we need some experienced players who have developed at other SPL clubs and would see Hibs as a step up to form a core of the side and add existing/new signings to this.
    So do we offer an SPL club 500k for one of their better performers and double their wages for 3 years? We'd need to do this for 3 or 4 players. Or do we just look for out of contract "stars" and offer better wages than their current team or any other team that wants them. We could suddenly increase the debt by 3-4m with no guarantee of success. I can't see that that is the best way forward. We've got posters on here who reckon our team is full of duds. Would 7 duds and 4 decent players make us better to watch?

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So do we offer an SPL club 500k for one of their better performers and double their wages for 3 years? We'd need to do this for 3 or 4 players. Or do we just look for out of contract "stars" and offer better wages than their current team or any other team that wants them. We could suddenly increase the debt by 3-4m with no guarantee of success. I can't see that that is the best way forward. We've got posters on here who reckon our team is full of duds. Would 7 duds and 4 decent players make us better to watch?
    We would not need to pay 500k for most of these players. The likes of Danny Swanston is out of contract in the summer which means he would cost nothing like 500k. What our team is lacking is leadership and a solid spine. We can only get this by signing experienced players and building around it. The likes of McPake has been bandied around for 150k, has SPL experience, so would fit the bill. An Ian Black type of player is essential for our midfield, doubt he would cost 500k when Eggert Johnson went for 300,000 so you don't need to spend millions on SPL players to improve our side.

    As I have mentioned on other threads, unlike most of our competitors, we very rarely sign players from other SPL teams a market we know but seem to get players who are unproven.

    In answer to your final point, it might not make us a better team to watch in the short term but it may keep us up which is our short term objective.

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cornwall
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,569
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People keep saying we should be looking around the lower reaches of England, top of Ireland and possibly Scottish Leagues for potential.

    With the exception of Deek and John Rankine who have we signed from the SPL over the last few years. I believe we need some experienced players who have developed at other SPL clubs and would see Hibs as a step up to form a core of the side and add existing/new signings to this.
    If you're going as far back as Rankin (January 2008):

    Ian Murray
    Colin Nish
    Sol Bamba
    Mark Brown
    Michael Hart
    Liam Miller
    Anthony Stokes
    Kevin McBride
    Patrick Cregg
    Garry O'Connor
    Ivan Sproule

    Were all proven SPL players signed by Hibs (at least to some extent). Some of them were signed directly from other SPL clubs.

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,771
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In an ideal world I'd agree with you Scott, but can you honestly say that our signing policy has been anywhere close to a success over the last few years? It's been seriously flawed and it's left us with a number of sub-standard players, and players who we've had to release and replace over and over.

    It's a false economy - rather than continually spending a decent amount on average players, we should spend a bit more on players we can either keep on at the club for a few years, or sell to be able to re-invest.
    No I don't, but then in the past we've out to sign 'names' from big clubs that people got excited over till they tried to kick / catch a ball (O'Brien, Maka et all), or signed players from total obscurity who people have written off before they've even been on a pitch (Sproule, Boozy etc) and turned out to be fantastic.

    My point was that a signing in itself isn't inspirational if they don't perform. If we sign players who do the job, it doesn't matter if they've come from Manchester United or Albion Rovers, they will only inspire the fans if they perform.


    For me our ultimate aim should be to pick up the gems from the lower levels, as other clubs often do, particularly Hearts and Dundee United, as that's where the resale value is, spending a bit more than we are now, you're still looking at players who have failed at a higher level and are floating back down. I'd much prefer a team of hungry young guys on the way up. The Liam Miller type player is rarely going to be an asset to sell, and comes with a truck load of baggage.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved